Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) (51412 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Wins His 2nd Player Of The Month Award In Saudi League (Pix) / Ighalo Scores His First Manchester United Goal To Help Them Reach UEL Last 16 / Rangers Players Storm Mbaka Church To Thank God For Helping Them Win Kano Pillar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by WriterNig: 6:24pm On Dec 17, 2021

Porto president Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa (pictured) is claimed to have hired a witch doctor.

- Reports in Portugal claim Porto hired a witch doctor as an official employee.

- President Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa is reportedly using Madalena Aroso's skills.

- Aroso is said to be on a monthly wage of £13,000, equating to £156,000 (₦110 million) a year.

- The move has sparked anger among supporters given the extortionate salary.

Porto are paying a witch doctor to help secure the Portuguese league title, according to reports in Portugal four years after rivals Benfica were thought to do the same.

It is claimed Madalena Aroso was hired by club president Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa as a club employee five months ago, officially as a 'doctor'.

And as reported by Abola, Aroso is being paid £13,000 a month by the Portuguese giants, which equates to a whopping £156,000 a year.

Pictured: Porto FC former left back Alex Telles.

The claims have sparked widespread anger among fans, as the witch doctor would be the highest-paid employee at the club by a significant distance, amid club attempts to keep up with Financial Fair Play rules.

Aroso, apparently a 'clairvoyant' who can read the future and predict match results, was reportedly put on the books this summer, to help Porto reclaim the Primeira Liga title from Sporting Lisbon, who won it the previous campaign.

Sergio Conceicao's unbeaten side are currently top of the league with 14 of 34 matches played, ahead of Sporting only on goal difference, with Benfica four points back.

Back in 2017, Porto's communications director Francisco J. Marques accused then-Benfica president Luis Filipe Vieira - who has since resigned following his arrest relating to tax fraud - of using witchcraft to help them win the league.

Marques alleged Vieira paid Dr Armando Nhaga, the 'National Police Commissioner of Guinea-Bissau', £65,000 to secure the championship.

Back in 2017, Porto communications director Francisco J. Marques accused then-Benfica president Luis Filipe Vieira (pictured) of using witchcraft to help them win the Primeira Liga.

Marques said: 'What are you creating an octopus for? Creating this monster that allows everything to Benfica and nothing to others, and for witchcraft?... I can say this is the biggest scandal in Portuguese football to come.'

Benfica won the Primeira Liga and Portuguese Cup that season, but there is, clearly, no evidence the two matters are correlated.

Portuguese football has had a long historical association with the occult, with Delane Vieira claimed to have released two frogs into a Vienna Stadium to help Porto win the Champions League (then called the European Cup) in 1987.

There are also anecdotal reports of a 'Fafe Witcher' being paid by Benfica fans to help them win the title - he later claimed he was paid £170,000 following their Primeira Liga triumph.

Dailymail UK

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by ojun50(m): 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2021
Abeg i won check if the witch doctor na nigeria

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by DoggoneDogg: 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2021
I've always said footballers use jazz.

Explain to me how Messi and Ronaldo always avoid long-term injuries every season for 10 years straight despite the attention they get. Highest na 3 or 4 matches dem go miss.

These guys dey use soap baff forget.

315 Likes 17 Shares

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by Omihanifa: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2021
If it was in Africa now they will be saying we don't have sense and we are stupid

313 Likes 15 Shares

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by Dalil8: 6:35pm On Dec 17, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Explain to me how Messi and Ronaldo always avoid long-term injuries every season for 10 years straight despite the attention they get. Highest na 3 or 4 matches dem go miss.

Not jazz, just good nutritionists and physios. If you eat right, recharge and sleep well you have no business with long term injuries as a footballer.

238 Likes 23 Shares

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by Candidlady: 6:35pm On Dec 17, 2021
Very funny

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by Urbanchampion: 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2021
These accusations and counter accusations have revolved around the Portuguese football. I remember when an Ivorian jujuman said Benfica will never do well in European football, until they pay him his money, after his charms gave them success and they refused to pay him as promised.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by DoggoneDogg: 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2021
[s]
Dalil8:

Not jazz, just good nutritionists and physios
[/s]

Naso. Na only two of them get the good nutritionists abi? Dey deceive yourself o

355 Likes 21 Shares

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by devilmaycry: 6:39pm On Dec 17, 2021
I didnt believing it grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by Sonnobax15(m): 6:39pm On Dec 17, 2021
grin
Wahala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2021
That means the witch doctor must a very skillful player?

I hope the witch doctor will also help them to win UEFA Champions League?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 17, 2021
Now i understand why a witch doctor from kenya was accused in 2010 for helping Jose Mourinho in winnning champions league for inter milan.

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by dahgifted(m): 6:59pm On Dec 17, 2021
Yahoo Witch doctor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by Golan007: 7:17pm On Dec 17, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Naso. Na only two of them get the good nutritionists abi? Dey deceive yourself o

That your uncle that has been working for multinationals since 1990 is using jazz.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by Upton: 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2021
Why is this funny? grin

2 Likes

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by Oshin56(m): 7:24pm On Dec 17, 2021
Oyinbo people even believed in juju, why some nigeria are saying there's nothing like juju or village people.

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by WibusJaga: 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2021

These are unsubstantiated claims. Where is pix of the juju man? So why do they still train & practise if they trust in the efficacy of juju? Why dem no de win UCL?
If you really believe they are paying ₦110m to a juju man to win the league, then you need your head examined.

&If you can bring out ₦110m to pay a juju man to win a competition, you need your head examined.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by BlaqJosh: 7:28pm On Dec 17, 2021
Any one you are doing. holl am tight once e dey drop barz for you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by Ola17: 8:03pm On Dec 17, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

I’ve learnt never to take any news from Daily mail and The Sun UK seriously. That’s where our Nairaland resident pastor Righteousness sources his fake and alarmist news from.

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by constance500: 8:03pm On Dec 17, 2021
Money wey dem suppose take land better players to compete..

No be juju b that grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by malikombi(m): 8:10pm On Dec 17, 2021
There was a time Angel Gomes (then of Manchester united) visited pastor TB Joshua in Lagos for spiritual fortification to help him overcome his injury problem. The thing no work.
Now his market value is just around £6M and doesn't even make first eleven in losc Lille

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by Dalil8: 9:15pm On Dec 17, 2021
malikombi:
There was a time Angel Gomes (then of Manchester united) visited pastor TB Joshua in Lagos for spiritual fortification to help me overcome his injury problem. The thing no work.
Now his market value is just around £6,000 and doesn't even make first eleven in losc Lille

His current worth is €6million on transfermkt

16 Likes

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by ruggedtimi(m): 9:32pm On Dec 17, 2021
ojun50:
Abeg i won check if the witch doctor na nigeria
the most Renowned witches are from Romania. Witchcraft is been practiced everywhere maybe except from north Korea.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by Amkio(m): 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2021
Is this allowed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by younglleo: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2021
Jazz kwa?
Wetin come hapun to hard work?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by Jeromejnr(m): 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2021
Later, Ignorant people will say its only in Africa.

Something even some U.S basketballers also do.

Was disappointed when I saw my favourite Bballer do same.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by Imustnottalk: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2021
One person for here dey talk say oyibo no dey do juju grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by psychologist(m): 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2021
This Buhari sef grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by Felabrity: 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2021
This is funny
Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by Onyenna(m): 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2021
Da fvck!
Re: FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) by baike: 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2021
Oyo grin grin

FC Porto nobi Portuguese Club

And na Portugal bring christianity to Nigeria grin grin grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo / FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! / Messi: Ronaldo Is A Predatory Striker And It's Only Normal When He Scores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.