Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,953 members, 7,896,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 02:09 AM

How To Reduce Cost Of Feed By Aboderin Ayobami (animal Nutritionist- 07066473758 - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Reduce Cost Of Feed By Aboderin Ayobami (animal Nutritionist- 07066473758 (347 Views)

How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers / Tips To Cut Cost Of Broiler And Catfish Feed By More Than 50% / How Many Bags Of Feed Do U Need To Raise 300 Broiler To 7 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Reduce Cost Of Feed By Aboderin Ayobami (animal Nutritionist- 07066473758 by aybam360: 5:06am On Dec 18, 2021
Nutrition plays a critical role in poultry production in terms of cost (70-75% cost of production) and production performance. Poor nutrition can undermine production performance and increase the cost of production.

Two weeks ago I was on a farm to consult for a farm that knows that their bird's production is too low and they have tried many things to improve the performance but no tangible results.

When I got to the farm, I did my assessment and I found out that they are two major problems that contributed to their production challenge which includes feeds and feeding.

With the capacity of almost 7000 layers, the best thing the farm can do is to produce their own feed on the farm since they have the equipment to do that and raw material accessibility is not a big challenge.

It was my responsibility to train and develop a feed formula that the farm will adopt to feed their birds.

I trained the farm staff on feed production and I developed layers and broilers feed formula that will ensure good performance.

All this was done within 5 days including my arrival and departure, Before I left the farm I placed a particular pen on the feed that I formulated because those birds in that pen had the lowest production performance before my visit and I begin to monitor the performance. The main reason I didn't place others on the feed immediately was due to the quantity of commercial feed in-store and they need to make use of it.

Within 2 weeks of feeding, the egg production begins to increase from 50% prior to my visit to 78.8%. The other pens started eating my formulated feed 3 days after the first pen.

I have been monitoring the farm production and the results are overwhelming and seriously encouraging.

The birds that have been struggling with 50% is now producing 78.8%, another pen that was on 60% is now on 80.5% and the last pen that was on 70% is now on 87.9%.

Apart from the increase in production, the cost of production of the feed is #1000 cheaper than the commercial feed.
Re: How To Reduce Cost Of Feed By Aboderin Ayobami (animal Nutritionist- 07066473758 by Enniez2018(m): 7:52am On Dec 18, 2021
My opinion is that most farmers don't want to go through the rigour of sourcing for feed ingredients individually especially if your stock size is small say like 500 to 2000 birds.

A lot of them are able to get the ingredients but don't have the correct storage capacity to prevent spoilage like mould which adversely affects the nutritional benefit of produced feeds.

These are some of the problems why small farmers refrain from milling.

(1) (Reply)

Sugarcane Is Not Only Sweet But A Profitable Business / Juveniles And Fingerlings For Sale In Ilorin @ Affordable Price / Sure Ways To Multiply Banana/plantain Suckers For Maximum Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.