Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

What Men Should Know About Pregnancy - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Men Should Know About Pregnancy (32811 Views)

WHAT MEN TRULY WANT VS WHAT THEY GO FOR AND REASONS. / What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters / All You Need To Know About Pregnancy, Motherhood And Child Care (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by Justkatty(f): 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2021
[quote author=abdullahi45 post=108618816]

Forward it to him[/quote

He has seen it already lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by Okunga: 9:32pm On Dec 18, 2021
Truth801:
Same here. I can't wait for my twins to be born. I give God all the glory. I pray for God's blessings upon everyone in need of the fruit of the womb. You will carry your baby in 2022. Amen

Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by abimic(m): 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2021
Even me wey never marry can relate, there is this female friend in my former unit in the office, we were practically so close that people would say this girl escape your hand. While she was pregnant, there is practically no stress of any sort she didn't pass me through, I was her office go to guy that even her husband dey holla me well. I remember amongst others when she threw up in the office, considering the way only me came to her aid since I rarely get irritated with things, I come dey hear husband material here and there, and when she put to bed, some days back, I come whine am say on top the work and stress for many months wey u give only me in the office, na girl u come born ehn, she started convincing me on why giving birth to female kids isn't a child's play, omo I no gree o to tease her small, i just come dey nod head to avoid argument before she over drag me grin. Carrying a pregnancy isn't a child's play, to enjoy this stage for a woman, a very caring, patient, selfless and understanding man should be around.

6 Likes

Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by Okunga: 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2021
abdullahi45:

You don poke her finish, na she dey do the poking now grin grin. Congratulations man

Lol osheee my G

1 Like

Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by Emusan(m): 9:51pm On Dec 18, 2021
kaffy4bill:

A happy life for both partner is the goal grin

A happy husband is a happy life cheesy

NurseKhaphie

Hello Nurse!

Which antimalaria drug can a pregnant woman use? The pregnancy still within 7 weeks.
Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by efficiencie(m): 10:52pm On Dec 18, 2021
kaffy4bill:
A father can play an important role in his partner’s pregnancy. Your job as a father begins long before your baby is born.

Pregnancy is an amazing, scary, beautiful, anxiety inducing nine month ride for both the moms-to-be and dads-to-be alike.

Most dad wish they could have a little first hand knowledge before their wife is pregnant for the first time

Fortunately, I am here to help as much as I can with information and support grin wink

� Each pregnancy is incredibly unique and completely different, right up till delivery. Expect the unexpected, it rarely goes according to plan undecided.

this does not mean they should not at least prepare for it. Having a plan today and having to revise the plan due to unanticipated risks is quite different from not having a plan at all

� Cravings are real. She will probably have many cravings throughout her pregnancy. Keep her happy by going to get those fries or chocolate at 10 p.m. It might be a little inconvenient for you, but it will make her happy. A happy wife is a happy life.

Na so. Make una no follow this advise ohh. Women in pregnancy are susceptible to eclampsia so it is not wise to feed your pregnant wife's cravings. She has to eat healthy to keep her blood pressure/sugar in check because whether you like it or not pregnancy can induce an increase in blood pressure and eating habits can exacerbate it. So enforce a healthy eating habit.

� Women will typically gain 25-35 pounds (11-15kg) during their pregnancy.

� She will probably become tired because she is growing another life inside her. Her body is hard at work making the necessary changes to accommodate your baby. She may also experience restless sleep, causing her to be more tired. Remember that she is tired so support accordingly.

Na belle she dey carry no be concrete...yes she can get tired but don't let her lapse into inactivity. Inactivity or sedentary living is deadly for pregnant women ohh. As a man support her but don't let her desire for rest let her slide into inactivity.

� A symptom of pregnancy is going the bathroom, a lot. Getting up several times throughout the night to use the bathroom will become a routine for her. That 2 hour car ride with no stops will turn into a 2 and 15 minute car ride with two stops. She’s not happy about it either, so no complaining from your end.

� There will be a lot of pillows that start appearing on your bed. In time, you may find that there is no room for you anymore. She will probably start cuddling with a giant body pillow instead of you. Don’t take it personal, she is just trying to get as comfortable as possible.

� Her body is stretching, shifting and moving in all directions, there is bound to be aches and pains. She is carrying additional weight that her body has to support. This extra weight will cause stress on the lower back. Back massages are a great relief for her at the end of the day. Massages in general are a must for pregnant women. Whether they are foot, back, or hip massages, it is your job to help her out. Relieve as much tension as possible.

Na so. Lol. You for advise make she move her bag and baggages go spa once and for all.

� There are moments where you can’t really help because during pregnancies, there are times of discomfort or pain that you cannot mend. Being there physically is helpful but there will be times when your partner want to be left alone, don’t take it personal if she asks for some space, she just may need to handle things on her own.

Na so some men go give the woman space and boom complications start. Oga don't be giving your pregnant wife space anyhow ohh. Belle no be COVID ohh. Nor go dey do social distancing for house oh. Monitor your wife and go for antenatal regularly.

� Be careful what you cook or wear as she will be incredibly sensitive to smells. My advice is to be careful with anything and I mean anything that can be fragrant grin

� Hyperemesis gravidarum is not morning sickness, it is the severe form and she is not finding it any funny. Please be supportive

� Understand your wife’s/partner’s love language because there are so many times during pregnancy that you are going to want to help your wife and she’s going to want you to help her but she can’t verbalize or even really come up with a way for you to help. Having a default list of things you can do when you don’t have clear instructions is key.
Na wa oh. Na so belle dey take turn women to deaf and dumb ba?

�Do not neglect date night with her. Take advantage of and enjoy the free time before the baby comes.

� You are going to be terrified, you are going to question everything you do and know. And you are going to be fine.

� Your partner is just as anxious as you are if not more. Be each other’s support system..

Hope this helps, which of the above resonates with you?

In my opinion, belle is not poincare conjecture. Take your wife for regular antenatal visits, ensure she eats right and engages herself daily, ensure she gets a good rest, ensure she takes her drugs (antimalaria, etc) and supplements (zinc, iron etc), ensure the environment is clean and mosquito free, do regular scans and check up (blood sugar, blood pressure, bpm etc) on the mother's and baby's health and above all pray regularly with your wife and your unborn child. Shikena. You are good to go

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:03pm On Dec 18, 2021
dingbang:
Imagine uyaiincomp.arabl going through all of these. wink

Very soon. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by franxalive(m): 12:14am On Dec 19, 2021
kaffy4bill:
A father can play an important role in his partner’s pregnancy. Your job as a father begins long before your baby is born.

Pregnancy is an amazing, scary, beautiful, anxiety inducing nine month ride for both the moms-to-be and dads-to-be alike.

Most dad wish they could have a little first hand knowledge before their wife is pregnant for the first time

Fortunately, I am here to help as much as I can with information and support grin wink

� Each pregnancy is incredibly unique and completely different, right up till delivery. Expect the unexpected, it rarely goes according to plan undecided

� Cravings are real. She will probably have many cravings throughout her pregnancy. Keep her happy by going to get those fries or chocolate at 10 p.m. It might be a little inconvenient for you, but it will make her happy. A happy wife is a happy life.

� She will probably become tired because she is growing another life inside her. Her body is hard at work making the necessary changes to accommodate your baby. She may also experience restless sleep, causing her to be more tired. Remember that she is tired so support accordingly.

� A symptom of pregnancy is going the bathroom, a lot. Getting up several times throughout the night to use the bathroom will become a routine for her. That 2 hour car ride with no stops will turn into a 2 and 15 minute car ride with two stops. She’s not happy about it either, so no complaining from your end.

� There will be a lot of pillows that start appearing on your bed. In time, you may find that there is no room for you anymore. She will probably start cuddling with a giant body pillow instead of you. Don’t take it personal, she is just trying to get as comfortable as possible.

� Her body is stretching, shifting and moving in all directions, there is bound to be aches and pains. She is carrying additional weight that her body has to support. This extra weight will cause stress on the lower back. Back massages are a great relief for her at the end of the day. Massages in general are a must for pregnant women. Whether they are foot, back, or hip massages, it is your job to help her out. Relieve as much tension as possible.

� There are moments where you can’t really help because during pregnancies, there are times of discomfort or pain that you cannot mend. Being there physically is helpful but there will be times when your partner want to be left alone, don’t take it personal if she asks for some space, she just may need to handle things on her own.

� Be careful what you cook or wear as she will be incredibly sensitive to smells. My advice is to be careful with anything and I mean anything that can be fragrant grin

� Hyperemesis gravidarum is not morning sickness, it is the severe form and she is not finding it any funny. Please be supportive

� Understand your wife’s/partner’s love language because there are so many times during pregnancy that you are going to want to help your wife and she’s going to want you to help her but she can’t verbalize or even really come up with a way for you to help. Having a default list of things you can do when you don’t have clear instructions is key.

�Do not neglect date night with her. Take advantage of and enjoy the free time before the baby comes.

� You are going to be terrified, you are going to question everything you do and know. And you are going to be fine.

� Your partner is just as anxious as you are if not more. Be each other’s support system..

Feel free to add more points in the comment section and read more valuable content in the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/6892054/dad-series-nursekhapie#108511621

Your favorite nurse
NurseKhaphie

NEED TO SEE YOUR PICS .. AND KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU PLEASE.

I'M SO IMPRESSED AND PLEASED wink

when I leave this world, I hope to have emptied myself and be a blessing to my generation and the world at large
Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by franxalive(m): 12:15am On Dec 19, 2021
kaffy4bill:

� Each pregnancy is incredibly unique and completely different, right up till delivery. Expect the unexpected, it rarely goes according to plan undecided

Feel free to add more points in the comment section and read more valuable content in the thread below:

Your favorite nurse
Nursekhaphie

when I leave this world, I hope to have emptied myself and be a blessing to my generation and the world at large

NEED TO SEE YOUR PICS .. AND KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU PLEASE.

I'M SO IMPRESSED AND PLEASED wink
Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by emmyN(m): 2:08am On Dec 19, 2021
kaffy4bill:
A father can play an important role in his partner’s pregnancy. Your job as a father begins long before your baby is born...

Thanks for sharing. Pregnancy is overrated.

2 Likes

Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by abdullahi45: 2:17am On Dec 19, 2021
Emusan:

Hello Nurse!

Which antimalaria drug can a pregnant woman use? The pregnancy still within 7 weeks.

Visit your nearest pharmacy.
Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by calcal: 2:47am On Dec 19, 2021
jeff1993:
Beautiful piece

Please NL family .... I need someone to mentor me in any digital.money making skill ..... I am broke and I don't want to be broke next year

digital money-making is not meant for broke people. you will part away with your remaining money
Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by kaffy4bill(f): 3:37am On Dec 19, 2021
emmyN:

Thanks for sharing. Pregnancy is overrated.

It sure is. Thank you for engaging.

NurseKhaphie
Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by kaffy4bill(f): 3:41am On Dec 19, 2021
Emusan:

Hello Nurse!

Please kindly let her go to the hospital to get tested and treated appropriately.
No self medication please .

NurseKhaphie

5 Likes

Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by Truth001(m): 6:35am On Dec 19, 2021
[ I am doing great and well, merry Christmas and happy New year in advance.quote author=kaffy4bill post=108615478]

Thank you so much . How are you doing too?

NurseKhaphie [/quote]
Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by freshalien: 7:14am On Dec 19, 2021
sylve11:

I never hear this before. undecided cool

E shock me when I hear say women dey crave sex during pregnancy and na woman wey don born talk am. I shock dat day.
Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by Justkatty(f): 8:03am On Dec 19, 2021
abdullahi45:

Forward it to him
Funny enough he actually saw it.....

1 Like

Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by Hathor5(f): 8:09am On Dec 19, 2021
Okunga:
I’m expecting my first child and I am so excited and scared as well Man.

It’s a beautiful thing to see the woman you love pregnant for you.

Some night when her big belle go poke me and I’ll feel this unexplainable joy…

Thank you lord

God bless your family and I wish her a quick and safe delivery. smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by Exceed15: 8:42am On Dec 19, 2021
Thanks for the tips

1 Like

Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by kaffy4bill(f): 9:14am On Dec 19, 2021
Dads struggle too

Parenting is not a easy job. Being a good dad is tough. Not enough men admit that truth, to themselves and each other.

We need to acknowledge the struggle and paint a true picture of fatherhood.

❇️ Dads feel stress trying to juggle work and family life.

❇️ They feel great stress getting work/life balance right coupled with the responsibility to be the rock for their families after the birth of a child.

❇️ This is a struggle, causing them stress and anxiety.

❇️ Dads often feel anxious, vulnerable and overwhelmed. At the same time, admitting vulnerability and asking for help seems to go against traditional ‘manly’ virtues like staying in control resulting in many men suffering alone and suffering more than they have to.

❇️ The message is that it’s OK not to be OK, and it’s OK to show it.

❇️ We need realistic pictures of what fatherhood is really like, both the good and the bad.

❇️ Dads need to understand that acknowledging personal struggle doesn’t make them weak rather seeking help is strength in itself .

❇️ They need to defy the silence surrounding men seeking/ asking for help and take care of themselves openly so that kids may witness and even participate in the process.

❇️ That will teach children that men are allowed to step outside the boxes of societal stereotype and seek for help by admitting their vulnerability and struggle.

What better time than NOW to talk about it.

Join me on Wednesday 22nd of December on club house for another episode of Dad Series with NurseKhaphie as we discuss Struggles men go through as a husband, dad-to-be and new dad.

https://www.clubhouse.com/join/dad-series-with-nursekhaphie/bW2l61nc/xlylRbl0

You can use the link to download clubhouse app from Playstore or AppStore to register and join the room.

Your favorite nurse

#NurseKhaphie

“ when I leave this world, I hope to have emptied myself and be a blessing to my generation and the world at large”.

Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by obynokoko: 10:09am On Dec 19, 2021
The writer actually exaggerated a lot of thing.pregnancy is really a joyous gift from God and not a sickness.i encourage all Dad's to help and support her because both of you are one but please don't jeapadize your life by running errands at dangerous hours of the night because if you die,she will still remarry.pls use wisdom.
Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by StarryV(f): 10:16am On Dec 19, 2021
ReluctantAdult:
Too much work. I'm not cut out for this.
well obviously you're a reluctant adult. So we weren't even expecting you to cut in for it grin
Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by ReluctantAdult(m): 10:29am On Dec 19, 2021
StarryV:
well obviously you're a reluctant adult. So we weren't even expecting you to cut in for it grin
You get it cool
Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by MrJames007: 11:41am On Dec 19, 2021
cool
Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by ABANGWABOI(m): 12:24pm On Dec 19, 2021
All this stress for a man...
Shoutout to all the Real men that would rather send her to the village or to his / her mom..
Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by allytinted: 12:51pm On Dec 19, 2021
kaffy4bill:

Your favorite nurse
NurseKhaphie

just in case
Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by Brazil2018(m): 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2021
Dat great

1 Like

Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by abdullahi45: 1:21am On Dec 20, 2021
Justkatty:
Funny enough he actually saw it.....

Great. He has a manual to work with then. If he forgets, print it and paste it around the house grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Men Should Know About Pregnancy by culidea: 2:55am On Dec 21, 2021
abdullahi45:

Great. He has a manual to work with then. If he forgets, print it and paste it around the house grin grin

Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wife Loses Pregnancy Of Two Months After Rape By Pastor-husband / I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... / It's My 16th Wedding Anniversary, 16 Years Since I Married My Best Friend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.