Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 (22873 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by scholesy18(m): 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2022
8BitGee:

Hi @scholesy18, did you get any news today? Only one of the three join-family looking application numbers was approved this morning.

Has anyone else heard back?

Hey bro,

Sadly nothing yet for us.
Yes, I assume you're referring to the first 3. It also looks like they sometimes add more join-family looking numbers at the bottom of the report. I think I saw another 3 at the bottom, also with just 1 approval.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 12:29am On Apr 26, 2022
scholesy18:

Hey bro,

Sadly nothing yet for us.
Yes, I assume you're referring to the first 3. It also looks like they sometimes add more join-family looking numbers at the bottom of the report. I think I saw another 3 at the bottom, also with just 1 approval.

Ah, I'm just after seeing the second page now.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by scholesy18(m): 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
8BitGee:
I know someone who applied in early August, 2021 whose visa was approved on Monday 4th April, 2022. I know another brother who applied in mid August that is yet to hear back.

Ours was submitted in mid-September, 2021, meaning it's going on 7 months in a few days.

I may be wrong, however, it appears the applications are left in storage until it's > 6 months since they were submitted.

8bitgee, curious, your friend who applied in mid-August, do you know if he has received feedback?
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 3:13pm On Apr 28, 2022
scholesy18:

8bitgee, curious, your friend who applied in mid-August, do you know if he has received feedback?

Yes, they heard back on 11/04 and were refused. The VO officer was not satisfied with the evidence of prior relationship provided.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by scholesy18(m): 6:58pm On Apr 28, 2022
8BitGee:

Yes, they heard back on 11/04 and were refused. The VO officer was not satisfied with the evidence of prior relationship provided.

That's just really sad.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by majorbravo: 11:16pm On May 06, 2022
Mighty glad to find this thread after a long search. Kudos to the creators and contributors for putting this up. May we all get our families reunited soon.

So here’s my situation.
I am a CSEP holder and have recently applied for work visa to relocate to Ireland. Due to the stories of long waiting times for Join family visa in Nigeria, we have decided to apply for JF visa for my wife now so she would have a shorter time to join me after I eventually move.

My questions:
I read somewhere that Marriage Certificates are meant to be apostilled/authenticated before being submitted for visa application. Is this absolutely necessary, if so, how do I go about it and how long does this usually take?

For those who got the JF visas after 3 months, what did you do different?
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Dwebb55: 8:54am On May 07, 2022
majorbravo:
Mighty glad to find this thread after a long search. Kudos to the creators and contributors for putting this up. May we all get our families reunited soon.

So here’s my situation.
I am a CSEP holder and have recently applied for work visa to relocate to Ireland. Due to the stories of long waiting times for Join family visa in Nigeria, we have decided to apply for JF visa for my wife now so she would have a shorter time to join me after I eventually move.

My questions:
I read somewhere that Marriage Certificates are meant to be apostilled/authenticated before being submitted for visa application. Is this absolutely necessary, if so, how do I go about it and how long does this usually take?

For those who got the JF visas after 3 months, what did you do different?

The new rules are set out in the explanation for the new process for the join family visa. Whether it is absolutely necessary, I do not know as this new process began in January.

My friend who moved his family used an immigration consultant (Irish) and their approval after obtaining the CSEP took just under 3 months. If you check the waiting times for a Join family visa to be processed in Ireland, it is about 10 weeks currently. For Nigeria though, I cannot say. However, our application was moved to the Dublin office and that is where wecare following for any updates.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by scholesy18(m): 11:57am On May 09, 2022
Hey 8bitgee, any news for you today?

Looking at the numbers, looks like a fair number of JF approvals.
Curious if folks got feedback today?
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 1:10pm On May 09, 2022
scholesy18:
Hey 8bitgee, any news for you today?

Looking at the numbers, looks like a fair number of JF approvals.
Curious if folks got feedback today?

Did you find these on page 3? I found just two 47xxx type numbers which is what I use in finding join family applications submitted around that time - June - September 2021.

I don't know anyone on the list.

BTW, I'm not certain I asked this before, apologies if I did, what time of the month did you apply?
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by barrack04: 2:01pm On May 09, 2022
I was also thinking that by now they should be working on people who applied in September 2021.
We can't really say if they are still processing it categorically.
Or maybe they are also processing for JF with General work permit.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by scholesy18(m): 2:13pm On May 09, 2022
8BitGee:

Did you find these on page 3? I found just two 47xxx type numbers which is what I use in finding join family applications submitted around that time - June - September 2021.

I don't know anyone on the list.

BTW, I'm not certain I asked this before, apologies if I did, what time of the month did you apply?

Ahh okay. I just assume any old number i.e. 47xx and beyond were probably JF applications.
We applied in mid-September. I'm also particularly on the lookout for 47xxx numbers
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 2:38pm On May 09, 2022
scholesy18:

Ahh okay. I just assume any old number i.e. 47xx and beyond were probably JF applications.
We applied in mid-September. I'm also particularly on the lookout for 47xxx numbers

I learnt that they handle the visas in a chronological order. And around the time we applied, the number series was 47xxx. So this will include all visa categories that are treated more promptly unlike join-family. Hence, the assumption that those other ones have been treated and that it's just join-family left now in that series.

The open-ended wait is excruciatingly painful. For my wife and I, it's been a torturous 8 months, for her more so than me. Anyway, we'll forget most of it when we get a response, especially if it's an approval. Don't despair.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 3:16pm On May 09, 2022
It is even more difficult when kids are involved. Well, there is more approvals in the JFV category this week which is commendable.

8BitGee:

I learnt that they handle the visas in a chronological order. And around the time we applied, the number series was 47xxx. So this will include all visa categories that are treated more promptly unlike join-family. Hence, the assumption that those other ones have been treated and that it's just join-family left now in that series.

The open-ended wait is excruciatingly painful. For my wife and I, it's been a torturous 8 months, for her more so than me. Anyway, we'll forget most of it when we get a response, especially if it's an approval. Don't despair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by barrack04: 7:47pm On May 09, 2022
Please can someone explain to us why someone who applied in mid-august last year got a reply on the 11/04/2022 and others who applied first week in August last year haven't received a reply.

Yes, they heard back on 11/04 and were refused. The VO officer was not satisfied with the evidence of prior relationship provided. [/quote]
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 7:54pm On May 09, 2022
barrack04:
Please can someone explain to us why someone who applied in mid-august last year got a reply on the 11/04/2022 and others who applied first week in August last year haven't received a reply.

That's strange, you should write or ring them so as only the embassy can explain why.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by benmac4sure: 10:54pm On May 09, 2022
Hi guys,

Please I need help. I have applied and just received my Ireland Visa for a PhD Studies last month.

Now I want to begin the process of bringing My Wife and Daughter as dependants, anyone with idea and experience to go about this please guide me, thank you.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by majorbravo: 2:16pm On May 10, 2022
Dwebb55:

The new rules are set out in the explanation for the new process for the join family visa. Whether it is absolutely necessary, I do not know as this new process began in January.

My friend who moved his family used an immigration consultant (Irish) and their approval after obtaining the CSEP took just under 3 months. If you check the waiting times for a Join family visa to be processed in Ireland, it is about 10 weeks currently. For Nigeria though, I cannot say. However, our application was moved to the Dublin office and that is where wecare following for any updates.
Thanks a lot for your detailed insight. Do you remember if you had to attest the marriage certificate when you did yours? Was it the case before the new rules, or this attestation has become the new rule since January?

Also, please how can my wife apply directly to the Dublin office? Did the consultant help with moving it to Dublin too? How can I reach the consultant?
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Dwebb55: 1:07am On May 13, 2022
majorbravo:

Thanks a lot for your detailed insight. Do you remember if you had to attest the marriage certificate when you did yours? Was it the case before the new rules, or this attestation has become the new rule since January?

Also, please how can my wife apply directly to the Dublin office? Did the consultant help with moving it to Dublin too? How can I reach the consultant?

The attestation was not necessary before the néw rules but any application from this year needs it. The agent was obtained by the work place and was used for both the CSEP and the visa. If you are here in Ireland, there are a host of immigration lawyers who are reputable and capable. House rules will not allow one to name them but of you Google immigration lawyers in Ireland, many will come up and you can call them up.

Best of luck in your application
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Henryleaks: 8:46pm On May 13, 2022
Hi guys. Hope say una dey okay. Anyway, so I have lived in Ireland for decades. Recently married a very fine young woman. We applied in August 2021 and denied after 7 months. See shock!! Then Fear!! Exasperation then Realization that we may not have submitted enough documents. We recently put in an Appeal. They listed what they wanted in the rejection letter: Evidence of ongoing communication prior to and after marriage; visits to applicant in home country; Remittances to spouse; risk to public funds etc... We provided documents as best we can but honestly not banking on it. One of my faults is that I want to see before I believe.

Plan is to leave the country regardless of outcome. Been here for a while. Have a few professional exams to write. God willing, I'll be resident in the States together with the wife.

For people waiting for a response, just have hope I suppose but have another plan.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by majorbravo: 12:19am On May 15, 2022
Dwebb55:

The attestation was not necessary before the néw rules but any application from this year needs it. The agent was obtained by the work place and was used for both the CSEP and the visa. If you are here in Ireland, there are a host of immigration lawyers who are reputable and capable. House rules will not allow one to name them but of you Google immigration lawyers in Ireland, many will come up and you can call them up.

Best of luck in your application
Thanks again for your well written response.

Fingers crossed. I will get the attestation.

I’m seriously getting worried with the rate of refusals I have read here. It just doesn’t make sense that they want proof of communication with the spouse and still expect them to live together. Do they actually expect people living together to chat/text each other up everyday? How else does one prove this so called communication? My parents who have been married for donkey years don’t use social media or text each other. They would inadvertently get a refusal if they were to go by this.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by barrack04: 4:05pm On May 15, 2022
@Henryleak , please when in August 2021 did you apply.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 10:28pm On May 21, 2022
@8BitGee have ye heard from the embassy?

8BitGee:

That's strange, you should write or ring them so as only the embassy can explain why.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 2:12am On May 22, 2022
Blueberry111112:
@8BitGee have ye heard from the embassy?

Not yet and it's almost study visa season again lipsrsealed
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 1:38pm On May 22, 2022
Fear not smiley
8BitGee:

Not yet and it's almost study visa season again lipsrsealed
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by majorbravo: 10:00am On May 23, 2022
My CSEP work visa just got approved.
My Wife’s JF next, making application soon.
Any advice? Especially on how to shorten time of outcome?
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 4:12pm On May 23, 2022
Congratulations!!
My best advice is that you prepare mentally, financially, emotionally, physically and otherwise just incase the wait is prolonged. By preparing you are able to manage yours and your spouse’s anticipation and expectations.
I wish you the best!
majorbravo:
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 4:13pm On May 23, 2022
Congratulations!!
My best advice is that you prepare mentally, financially, emotionally, physically and otherwise just incase the wait is prolonged. By preparing you are able to manage yours and your spouse’s anticipation and expectations. Best wishes
majorbravo:
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by majorbravo: 5:27pm On May 23, 2022
Blueberry111112:
Congratulations!!
My best advice is that you prepare mentally, financially, emotionally, physically and otherwise just incase the wait is prolonged. By preparing you are able to manage yours and your spouse’s anticipation and expectations. Best wishes
Thanks a lot. We are hoping for the best.

I haven’t seen recent positive JF visa decisions on the thread lately. Would love to project realistic timelines.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 3:52pm On May 27, 2022
Hi barracko4,
Have you heard back from the embassy?

barrack04:

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Qqqp: 5:31pm On May 27, 2022
benmac4sure:
Hi guys,

Please I need help. I have applied and just received my Ireland Visa for a PhD Studies last month.

Now I want to begin the process of bringing My Wife and Daughter as dependants, anyone with idea and experience to go about this please guide me, thank you.

Please did you do funding by bank just like uk or use your personal account statement and how many month statement I have someone who is applying for masters and want to use proof of fund bank funding
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by barrack04: 7:48pm On May 28, 2022
@blueberry, I haven't heard from them. I actually applied last year September but a friend of mine applied mid August and haven't gotten a feedback.
I am not sure they are still working on JF visa. God is able.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 1:03pm On May 30, 2022
Wow, lads, so many were released this morning and loads of Refusals too. What's the story?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Car Dives Into A Building Window After Ghastly Accident In Lagos. Photos/video / Live And Work In Malta / Baby Miraculously Escapes Death After Being Run Over By A Train In India (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.