Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 (22884 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by barrack04: 2:53pm On May 30, 2022
Are we really sure the 47..... are JF visa. The refusals are much.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 4:47pm On May 30, 2022
barrack04:
Are we really sure the 47..... are JF visa. The refusals are much.

No, just an educated guess as explained previously.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 6:21pm On May 30, 2022
Yeah was a lot today and all refusals.
So no one who applied in September has gotten a response?

8BitGee:

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by barrack04: 8:45pm On May 30, 2022
Some people who applied mid-august are yet to get a reply. Not sure it has gotten to September
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by scholesy18(m): 9:34pm On May 30, 2022
8BitGee:
Wow, lads, so many were released this morning and loads of Refusals too. What's the story?

I'm telling you bro. It's just crazy. Those numbers look like July/August to me. After waiting for this long!
We are 2 days into June and the study visa load. It is well.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by scholesy18(m): 9:34pm On May 30, 2022
barrack04:
Some people who applied mid-august are yet to get a reply. Not sure it has gotten to September

Just wonderful.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 11:02pm On May 30, 2022
Relax. The issues causing the delays have been cleared….

scholesy18:

I'm telling you bro. It's just crazy. Those numbers look like July/August to me. After waiting for this long!
We are 2 days into June and the study visa load. It is well.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by barrack04: 11:38am On May 31, 2022
@blueberry, can you please enlighten us on the affirmation that the issue of delay has been cleared.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 2:29pm On May 31, 2022
I am being optimistic…
barrack04:
@blueberry, can you please enlighten us on the affirmation that the issue of delay has been cleared.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 2:39pm On May 31, 2022
@8BitGee would you be able to confirm the income range of the critical skills work permit holder in this case. It will be helpful. I believe this also has a role to play in getting an approved or denied

Blueberry111112:
Ok. Thanks. Were they granted?

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 8:05pm On May 31, 2022
Blueberry111112:
@8BitGee would you be able to confirm the income range of the critical skills work permit holder in this case. It will be helpful. I believe this also has a role to play in getting an approved or denied

Below is what the policy document on family reunification says for families with children.

Where Sponsor is non-EEA National

17.3 In the case of a non-EEA sponsor in CAT A, family reunification may take place prior to any earnings being accrued and the immigration status granted to the sponsor is such as to assume certain levels of income (e.g. Critical Skills Employment Permit holder or researcher) either immediately or in the future or on the basis that the sponsor falls into a category whose migration to Ireland is promoted as part of Government policy. However a sponsor must continue to meet the terms of the permission in order to maintain their own and the family’s entitlement to reside here and evidence of this must be provided by the sponsor at the time of the renewal of permission. In the case of Critical Skills Employment Permit holders and researchers this will include achieving the levels of earnings projected. For PhD students there are time limits applied to the study and academic progress must be demonstrated. This is in addition to the requirement that there be no recourse to social welfare payments. For immigration purposes it is assumed that any additional costs to the State such as those which may accrue from the education of the sponsor’s minor(s) are accepted.

17.5 Declared and verified savings by the applicant or sponsor may be taken into account in assessing cases which fall short of the income thresholds set out above. (A suggested approach would be to annualise the savings as income spread over a 5-10 year period). Alternatively, a nominal income may be determined based on the amounts involved.

17.6 The FIS does not apply in cases of couples where there are no children. Therefore, a minimum level of gross income in such cases would be - €30,000. This is the minimum salary for which an employment permit would issue. Families with children would require the following net incomes per week (based on FIS):-

1 child - €511
2 children - €612
3 children - €713
4 children - €834
5 Children - €960

The requirement for CSWP is €32k.

Who is eligible for a Critical Skills Employment Permit?

You (or the employer) can apply for a Critical Skills Employment Permit if you are offered a job that has either:

• An annual salary of at least €32,000 a year in an occupation that is on the Critical Skills Occupation List

• An annual salary of €64,000 a year in an occupation that is not on the list of ineligible occupations

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/working_in_ireland/employment_permits/green_card_permits.html

The minimum I know an actual CSWP holder earns is €40k. All of the people I know that have gotten the visa earn above this.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by barrack04: 9:23pm On May 31, 2022
I think CSWP annual payment is always in ranges. Say for example €30,644 - 46,000 annually.
It is always contained in the specified contract agreement for your sponsor.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 10:02pm On May 31, 2022
Thanks for the response. I cant remember where i read that the embassy reserves the right to review requirements without notification or making it public. Thats why i asked. The policy document is clear but i hope the embassy has not set something else.

8BitGee:

Below is what the policy document on family reunification says for families with children.

The requirement for CSWP is €32k.

The minimum I know an actual CSWP holder earns is €40k. All of the people I know that have gotten the visa earn above this.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 4:27am On Jun 01, 2022
That'd be interesting, perhaps the only way to find out will be to ask someone who's recently been refused on the basis of insufficient POF.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 4:34am On Jun 01, 2022
There was one case. The CSWP holder’s annual gross was between 30k to 35k (no children). Was refused for other reasons including insufficient fund.

8BitGee:
That'd be interesting, perhaps the only way to find out will be to ask someone who's recently been refused on the basis of insufficient POF.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 7:54am On Jun 01, 2022
Blueberry111112:
There was one case. The CSWP holder’s annual gross was between 30k to 35k (no children). Was refused for other reasons including insufficient fund.

Wow, that's tough. Did the person declare a good amount of savings as per section 17.5?
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 8:31am On Jun 01, 2022
I dont think so.

8BitGee:

Wow, that's tough. Did the person declare a good amount of savings as per section 17.5?
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Dwebb55: 6:51pm On Jun 04, 2022
8BitGee:

The numbers are not indicative of the join family visa. It is more an indication of when you completed your online application. For those being treated in Dublin, they are currently treating those applications they received in mid February
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 9:49pm On Jun 04, 2022
Dwebb55:

The numbers are not indicative of the join family visa. It is more an indication of when you completed your online application. For those being treated in Dublin, they are currently treating those applications they received in mid February

Yes, I know this.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by barrack04: 2:20pm On Jun 06, 2022
There is only 1 or 2 application no that looks like JF, Is there anyone who heard from the visa office today.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by majorbravo: 5:52am On Jun 08, 2022
Please can a CSWP holder’s spouse apply for JF visa before the CSWP holder has travelled to Ireland?
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Dwebb55: 1:23am On Jun 12, 2022
majorbravo:
Please can a CSWP holder’s spouse apply for JF visa before the CSWP holder has travelled to Ireland?

Yes, you are able to apply after your spouse gets their CSEP.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by majorbravo: 10:02pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dwebb55:

Yes, you are able to apply after your spouse gets their CSEP.
Thanks.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by scholesy18(m): 6:37pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hey guys, another quiet Monday. Did anyone get feedback today/recently?
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by majorbravo: 1:11am On Jun 27, 2022
scholesy18:
Hey guys, another quiet Monday. Did anyone get feedback today/recently?
Dublin is currently processing applications received in February.
I am of the opinion that Abuja office sends the applications to DUBLIN for processing. So probable outcome would depend on how long before the application is sent from Abuja to Dublin
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by barrack04: 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2022
For JF visa , application submitted in Abuja
between June 2021 and 1st week of August 2021 has been worked on, we only expecting submitted application from 2nd week August 2021 to be processed.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Tpurple: 11:49pm On Jun 27, 2022
Hi guys, thanks to the person that created this platform. My husband has lived in Ireland for years with a residency permit. We got married in February 2021. I applied in July 2021 for a JF visa and got a refusal in February 2022 , the same day my husband arrived in Nigeria for our wedding anniversary. Omg! We were devastated, we never believed we could get a refusal after 7 whole months! My husband encouraged me to appeal, I didn't want to because the reason for our refusal was endless, like we never submitted any documents alongside our application. Anyway, we later got a solicitor in Dublin who assured us that our case is genuine and charged us around 650,000naira and my husband returned in March. To cut the story short, our solicitor sent the appeal letter and documents in April and uptill now we haven't heard anything. The sad or Happy part of it is that I'm almost 5months gone (pregnant) with no hope of reuniting with my husband soon. Can someone help us? I'm really getting frustrated. My fear is that if I give birth in Nigeria and I later get a visa, I might have to wait for God knows when to get a visa for my child aswell. Please help us.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Sunshineandrain: 12:43am On Jun 28, 2022
Hi Tpurple,
I’m so sorry to hear about your situation � and congratulations too. I can’t even imagine how tough this must be on you.

My case is slightly similar, visa was refused in December, appealed the decision in February, haven’t heard anything back since then. I know of someone else that has appealed over a year now and they have not heard anything back (the couple later decided to move on to another country).

Did your solicitor advice you on a timeline when you may be hearing back? You can send me an email if you’d like to chat privately.

This is really tough times for a lot of us in this situation, i hope we all find the strength to keep pushing through and try to just live life the best way we can.

Tpurple:
Hi guys, thanks to the person that created this platform. My husband has lived in Ireland for years with a residency permit. We got married in February 2021. I applied in July 2021 for a JF visa and got a refusal in February 2022 , the same day my husband arrived in Nigeria for our wedding anniversary. Omg! We were devastated, we never believed we could get a refusal after 7 whole months! My husband encouraged me to appeal, I didn't want to because the reason for our refusal was endless, like we never submitted any documents alongside our application. Anyway, we later got a solicitor in Dublin who assured us that our case is genuine and charged us around 650,000naira and my husband returned in March. To cut the story short, our solicitor sent the appeal letter and documents in April and uptill now we haven't heard anything. The sad or Happy part of it is that I'm almost 5months gone (pregnant) with no hope of reuniting with my husband soon. Can someone help us? I'm really getting frustrated. My fear is that if I give birth in Nigeria and I later get a visa, I might have to wait for God knows when to get a visa for my child aswell. Please help us.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Tpurple: 1:06am On Jun 28, 2022
Hello Sunshineandrain,
I just tried sending you a mail. I'm new here,so I don't know if I did it right.

Our solicitor didn't really give us a time frame but we contacted them last week and they bluntly told us that we might not get a response before I put to bed.

The process is really overwhelming!!
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by barrack04: 6:59pm On Jun 28, 2022
@Tpurple. Were you able to establish in your application that you have both lived together before he travelled to Ireland. Is he a critical skill permit holder and did you submit his contract of employment showing the amount he earns weekly. What documents do you think they are asking for. The solicitors might not be able to do much. You might need to open up to people who are experienced here to be sure you did the right thing.

Considering your state( pregnant). I really feel your pain because I really do understand from experience. What God cannot do does not exist.... trust in God.
If you give birth here and you get your visa, the child might go through lots and it take God's Grace to handle it. Though I know someone who left a 5month old baby for ireland. Your baby will need to wait till you settle a little bit ireland, because you and your husband documents will be needed to bring him or her into ireland. It is psychologically draining. Please put your self together to fight hard whatever comes. I really pray you get that visa before you give birth, there are alot of benefit in it.

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Sunshineandrain: 9:34pm On Jun 28, 2022
Tpurple:
Hello Sunshineandrain,
I just tried sending you a mail. I'm new here,so I don't know if I did it right.

Our solicitor didn't really give us a time frame but we contacted them last week and they bluntly told us that we might not get a response before I put to bed.

The process is really overwhelming!!

I truly empathize with you. Don’t worry all will be well just try and stay calm.
I have responded to your email.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Tpurple: 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2022
Thank you very much @barrack04 first of all we never lived under the same roof. He visits Nigeria before our marriage in February 2021 and he left back to Ireland in March 2021. We submitted all his entry stamps to Nigeria before and after our marriage.

He is a Stamp4 holder ( I hope it makes sense) and he is presently awaiting his citizenship. We submitted all the documents required of us ( marriage certificate, wedding pictures, our pictures before and after wedding, our bank statements, his appointment letter from work, stamp4 cert, tax clearance and lots more) but maybe they just weren't satisfied with the additional documents. He even went as far as verifying these documents from "Gardi" office and I also verified our marriage certificate from Foreign affairs office in Abuja.

One of the things stated in the refusal was insufficient fund from him because he has two daughters already. So we have added more documents to prove that he meets the amount required.

When the solicitor read our refusal letter, he concluded that they probably didn't go through our application, maybe they just do copy and paste.

Out of frustration, I am thinking of travelling to their office in Abuja from Lagos. Maybe if I seat at the office for a week, maybe someone will assist or even give me a time to expect the response.

Let me try and add the refusal letter to this post. Thank you @barrack04 looking forward to hearing from you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Afi Mountain Wildlife Sanctuary Cross River: Photos & What To Know / How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) / Two Nigerians & One Sudanese Deported For Illegal Stay In India (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.