Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,721 members, 7,802,177 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 (22789 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by omapere: 8:41pm On Aug 09, 2022
Olaiyatunnex:
Student visa, sure u will be granted if u meet the requirement, they want ur money nau. You should get a response before Oct, hope you application is under critical, if not I can't say you will get response before Oct.
Thank you so much for your response. Yes, it is.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by ivy500: 10:29pm On Aug 09, 2022
ivy500:
I applied for JF September 1st 2021, has anyone who submitted in September gotten a decision?

I submitted my application September 1st 2021 and I got my approval today.

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by lanrayx: 12:16am On Aug 10, 2022
ivy500:

Congrats, that took long, mind me asking was it under critical skills or general skills.

Thanks
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by ivy500: 4:59am On Aug 10, 2022
lanrayx:

Congrats, that took long, mind me asking was it under critical skills or general skills.

Thanks

When I applied my husband had critical skill however he got his stamp 4 in may.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 5:06am On Aug 10, 2022
Yeah, Critical Skills. with-children.

Olaiyatunnex:
Good news. 10 months is a long time, was it application under general skills permit or under critical skills? Does the family have child/children? Pls share for insight, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Sunshineandrain: 10:16am On Aug 10, 2022
ivy500:

Congratulations to you. After almost a year I’m glad it turned out great for you.

Also I remember someone here mentioning salary ranges for people that have gotten approvals on critical skills. If it is not too much to ask, can you and @blueberry111 confirm that your salary was over 40k. Because I am hearing that people earning in the range of 32-40k are being denied.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2022
Yeah for me, over 40k.
Sunshineandrain:

Congratulations to you. After almost a year I’m glad it turned out great for you.

Also I remember someone here mentioning salary ranges for people that have gotten approvals on critical skills. If it is not too much to ask, can you and @blueberry111 confirm that your salary was over 40k. Because I am hearing that people earning in the range of 32-40k are being denied.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by ivy500: 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2022
Sunshineandrain:

My husband’s salary is over 40k.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by ivy500: 9:54pm On Aug 10, 2022
Sunshineandrain:

My husband’s salary is over 40k. We got married 2 years before his relocation to Ireland and we have two children together. I don’t know if that counts as an advantage for approval because I didn’t go overboard for my application package. I didn’t include wedding photos or any other evidence of our family aside our marriage certificate and my kids birth certificate.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Sunshineandrain: 7:21am On Aug 11, 2022
ivy500:

My husband’s salary is over 40k. We got married 2 years before his relocation to Ireland and we have two children together. I don’t know if that counts as an advantage for approval because I didn’t go overboard for my application package. I didn’t include wedding photos or any other evidence of our family aside our marriage certificate and my kids birth certificate.

Thanks for the response. Oh I see now. I think they’re a lot tougher on people that were already here before going back home to get married.
And I’ve also heard that once children are involved there is a slim chance of getting rejected.
May God help the rest of us.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Sunshineandrain: 7:24am On Aug 11, 2022
Blueberry111112:
Yeah for me, over 40k.

Hmmm… thanks for the response.
I hope that others trying to apply for a join family visa will find this thread. There’s a lot that wasn’t stated in the guidance document that we are having to find out now after putting in the application.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Sunshineandrain: 7:29am On Aug 11, 2022
omapere:
Hi everyone, I submitted a Join spouse visa application in March. I plan to withdraw that in October if I don't get a response from them by then and apply for a study visa. I'd like to know if anyone here has done something like this and what are the chances that the study visa will be approved?

Thank you so much
Hey, I have thought of doing the same too. And I have asked around. No one was able to give any assurance of what the outcome would be. You never really know with this embassy.

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 9:40am On Aug 11, 2022
Currently i think they are treating October 2021. I’d say give or take by December they could have gotten to March 2022. If they maintain the tempo or even improve on it. So, if you withdraw and apply by October for a study visa, it would also be around the same time it will be treated.

I’d say keep the patience. Provided you are 100% sure your application satisfies all the requirement on the website plus income criteria and you didn't deviate from the purpose of your application which to unify with your spouse the outcome will be favourable.

Like someone mentioned, we didn't go overboard in our application. Critical skills work permit, signed employment contract, IRP (it was even stamp 2 we used back then because the stamp 1 was not out), marriage certificate (requirement for it to be apostiled was not in place back then), NPC birth certificates for our children and bank statement, proof of dependency (funds sent frequently for family upkeep). All these were what we submitted.

If you choose to apply for study visa, i can say categorically, it will be certainly treated without prejudice to your previous join family application provided you satisfy all the requirement.

Best wishes

omapere:
Hi everyone, I submitted a Join spouse visa application in March. I plan to withdraw that in October if I don't get a response from them by then and apply for a study visa. I'd like to know if anyone here has done something like this and what are the chances that the study visa will be approved?

Thank you so much

2 Likes

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by omapere: 10:15am On Aug 11, 2022
Sunshineandrain:

Hey, I have thought of doing the same too. And I have asked around. No one was able to give any assurance of what the outcome would be. You never really know with this embassy.
Well, true.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by omapere: 10:18am On Aug 11, 2022
Blueberry111112:
Currently i think they are treating October 2021. I’d say give or take by December they could have gotten to March 2022. If they maintain the tempo or even improve on it. So, if you withdraw and apply by October for a study visa, it would also be around the same time it will be treated.

I’d say keep the patience. Provided you are 100% sure your application satisfies all the requirement on the website plus income criteria and you didn't deviate from the purpose of your application which to unify with your spouse the outcome will be favourable.

Like someone mentioned, we didn't go overboard in our application. Critical skills work permit, signed employment contract, IRP (it was even stamp 2 we used back then because the stamp 1 was not out), marriage certificate (requirement for it to be apostiled was not in place back then), NPC birth certificates for our children and bank statement, proof of dependency (funds sent frequently for family upkeep). All these were what we submitted.

If you choose to apply for study visa, i can say categorically, it will be certainly treated without prejudice to your previous join family application provided you satisfy all the requirement.

Best wishes

Thank you so much.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Olaiyatunnex: 11:16am On Aug 11, 2022
VFS Global even said that the apostilled is not compulsory. I can confirm to you that nurses in Ireland are taking the delay matter up and pushing for something to be done urgently. Their colleagues from India, Philippines etc get their join family visa within a month or two, in fact I know one that recently moved her family within a month but Nigerians, Ghanaians processed in Abuja take months with low approval rate. You too can join the fight, tweet and tag Ireland embassy abuja, INIS and other relevant bodies you feel necessary.

Blueberry111112:

Best wishes

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 3:26pm On Aug 11, 2022
Thats good to know. For the fight. Its a good and worthy one. I will suggest to tag the Nigeria Embassy in Ireland as well. This new Ambassador is a no nonsense woman. She is doing good work there if not for the peculiarities of the Nigerian factors back home…..

Olaiyatunnex:
VFS Global even said that the apostilled is not compulsory. I can confirm to you that nurses in Ireland are taking the delay matter up and pushing for something to be done urgently. Their colleagues from India, Philippines etc get their join family visa within a month or two, in fact I know one that recently moved her family within a month but Nigerians, Ghanaians processed in Abuja take months with low approval rate. You too can join the fight, tweet and tag Ireland embassy abuja, INIS and other relevant bodies you feel necessary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Olaiyatunnex: 11:05pm On Aug 11, 2022
Concerning the fight for speedy decision on Ireland join family visa, there is a petition on change.org we need more signatures. Admin pls permit me to post the link, its genuine.
https://chng.it/qZtNvjFL2v
With the new ambassador in Abuja, we have hope things should change for better. Pls join your hands in the fight for delay in family visa processing. Thank you

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Dwebb55: 1:26am On Aug 12, 2022
Olaiyatunnex:

Despite what VFS says, it is clearly stated on the immigration website that all documents such as wedding and birth certificates as well as all government issued certificates must be apostilled!

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-join-family-in-ireland/joining-a-non-eea-non-swiss-national/join-non-eea-family-member/#doc

I have attached the link above. If you read the guide which explains what needs to be done, it is a whole paragraph infact. If it is stated on their website, it is best to comply.

Secondly, on the Dublin website, they have treated applications up till the 30th of March 2022. I think this is for the new application route which began this year. Applications for those submitted last year are also being treated separately.

Wishing everyone best of luck in our applications

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by scholesy18(m): 8:17am On Aug 14, 2022
Hey guys,

My wife’s Join Family Visa was approved last week. All glory to God.
Submitted: September 2021
Processing time: 11 months
Work Permit Category: Critical Skills

We submitted a LOT of documents, as we are a new couple and so we did all we could to ensure we convince the VO. This included 7 year old photos together, 3-6 year old exchanged emails, wedding pictures, WhatsApp chat printouts, remittance of funds prior to wedding, wedding flight itinerary including that of our parents! We met in college so we also attached our degree/transcripts from the same school as extra proof amongst many other required documents.
I would say it is very important to have a very detailed “How we met” letter in a timeline manner, especially for newly weds due to high scrutiny checking for arranged weddings etc.

My advice:
If you are just preparing to apply and you can afford a study visa instead, do take that route and save yourself the emotional rollercoaster.
If you are applying for the Join Family Visa, follow very closely what is on Irishimmigration.ie website and go overboard with the documents especially for newly weds and those who got married after relocating to Ireland, as no one can fault you for submitting too much. Prevent fishy/conflicting information and overall pray.

For everyone waiting for a decision, I pray you receive your own good news soonest!

7 Likes

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by purplish(f): 11:10am On Aug 14, 2022
Please has anyone who appealed a Join Family Visa in Q4 2021 (October-December) heard back from the embassy in Abuja?
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hey
Congrats!!!
I was looking forward to your good news too
Regards.

scholesy18:
Hey guys,

My wife’s Join Family Visa was approved last week. All glory to God.
Submitted: September 2021
Processing time: 11 months
Work Permit Category: Critical Skills

We submitted a LOT of documents, as we are a new couple and so we did all we could to ensure we convince the VO. This included 7 year old photos together, 3-6 year old exchanged emails, wedding pictures, WhatsApp chat printouts, remittance of funds prior to wedding, wedding flight itinerary including that of our parents! We met in college so we also attached our degree/transcripts from the same school as extra proof amongst many other required documents.
I would say it is very important to have a very detailed “How we met” letter in a timeline manner, especially for newly weds due to high scrutiny checking for arranged weddings etc.

My advice:
If you are just preparing to apply and you can afford a study visa instead, do take that route and save yourself the emotional rollercoaster.
If you are applying for the Join Family Visa, follow very closely what is on Irishimmigration.ie website and go overboard with the documents especially for newly weds and those who got married after relocating to Ireland, as no one can fault you for submitting too much. Prevent fishy/conflicting information and overall pray.

For everyone waiting for a decision, I pray you receive your own good news soonest!

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by scholesy18(m): 9:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
Blueberry111112:
Hey
Congrats!!!
I was looking forward to your good news too
Regards.

Thank you so much and congratulations!
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Olaiyatunnex: 2:39pm On Aug 17, 2022
No news from this week visa decision? Abi una no wan share. Let's hear from anyone that received a decision for join family visa this week.

2 Likes

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Dwebb55: 10:28am On Aug 18, 2022
Olaiyatunnex:
No news from this week visa decision? Abi una no wan share. Let's hear from anyone that received a decision for join family visa this week.

The embassy has yet to treat new applications for the past 3 weeks based on its release on the Dublin visa office website. Most applications from Nigeria I believe, are treated in Dublin. They have been on the 30th of March for 3 weeks now. No update was done this week.

Fact is Ireland visa applications are complicated and the Join Family visa seems to be the most complicated of all. There's no telling what it is they scrutinise with.

Let's just have faith and hopefully it will reach us in due time. It is not easy to be fair!
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 10:03am On Aug 22, 2022
I'm grateful to God for my family will finally be with me - I will finally be able to hold my son. It's like a burden was lifted off my shoulders. I am saying a prayer for everyone still expecting a response, may it be positive.

In related news, ticket prices are outrageous just now shocked

3 Likes

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2022
Congratulations!!! Yes you will be able to hold your son. I can imagine your joy.

On flights, i think Turkish air is still the cheapest….. flights have been reduced to Nigeria, and those still flying there have jerked up prices x3… because of fuel. I even found out one of the airline have to refuel from Ghana….its that bad.

8BitGee:
I'm grateful to God for my family will finally be with me - I will finally be able to hold my son. It's like a burden was lifted off my shoulders. I am saying a prayer for everyone still expecting a response, may it be positive.

In related news, ticket prices are outrageous just now shocked

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 7:33pm On Aug 22, 2022
Blueberry111112:
Congratulations!!! Yes you will be able to hold your son. I can imagine your joy.

On flights, i think Turkish air is still the cheapest….. flights have been reduced to Nigeria, and those still flying there have jerked up prices x3… because of fuel. I even found out one of the airline have to refuel from Ghana….its that bad.

Thank you.

What's worse is that I had to ring KLM to ask them that I wanted to pay in Naira via transfer because they won't let you pay in Naira with your Naira card. Naira is not on the list of currencies.

Got KLM at ~$2800 for an adult and infant shocked

Turkish is even more expensive.

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by omapere: 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2022
Congratulations! Check Qatar.

8BitGee:

Thank you.

What's worse is that I had to ring KLM to ask them that I wanted to pay in Naira via transfer because they won't let you pay in Naira with your Naira card. Naira is not on the list of currencies.

Got KLM at ~$2800 for an adult and infant shocked

Turkish is even more expensive.

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 8:06pm On Aug 22, 2022
omapere:
Congratulations! Check Qatar.

Whattttt, the layovers are longggg. Total time is like 34 hours. I couldn't do that to my wife let alone my 3 month old shocked

I got KLM so cry
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by omapere: 8:33pm On Aug 22, 2022
Oh, I understand.
8BitGee:

Whattttt, the layovers are longggg. Total time is like 34 hours. I couldn't do that to my wife let alone my 3 month old shocked

I got KLM so cry

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 8:37pm On Aug 22, 2022
omapere:
Oh, I understand.

Yes sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

7 Types Of People You Meet On An Airplane / The Saudi Arabians Treat Us Like Animals - Black African Maids Cry Out For Help / 600 Nigerians Stranded In Saudi Arabia Call For Help To Return (Dailytrust)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.