Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 (22896 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Olaiyatunnex: 9:30pm On Aug 22, 2022
Pls share timeline, how long for decision to be made, critical or general skills permit. Pls, very important. Thanks

8BitGee:
I'm grateful to God for my family will finally be with me - I will finally be able to hold my son. It's like a burden was lifted off my shoulders. I am saying a prayer for everyone still expecting a response, may it be positive.

In related news, ticket prices are outrageous just now shocked
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 9:45pm On Aug 22, 2022
Olaiyatunnex:
Pls share timeline, how long for decision to be made, critical or general skills permit. Pls, very important. Thanks

Critical skills permit holder. Applied in September, 2021. Submitted copious IMs, call logs, photos, holiday hotel bookings, flight tickets, proof of accommodation and the usual things. Heard back today.

2 Likes

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by scholesy18(m): 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2022
8BitGee:
I'm grateful to God for my family will finally be with me - I will finally be able to hold my son. It's like a burden was lifted off my shoulders. I am saying a prayer for everyone still expecting a response, may it be positive.

In related news, ticket prices are outrageous just now shocked

Congrats bro! That’s great news.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Cyntopath: 9:45am On Sep 05, 2022
Goodmorning House,

It doesn't seem as if these guys are processing Join family visa, this one we have not heard any testimony since. Am just thinking aloud.
I pray this struggle to end someday.

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Dwebb55: 5:57pm On Sep 07, 2022
Cyntopath:
Goodmorning House,

It doesn't seem as if these guys are processing Join family visa, this one we have not heard any testimony since. Am just thinking aloud.
I pray this struggle to end someday.

According to the list from Dublin, no JFV has been treated for about 2 weeks but that is going by the list released every Tuesday. For those applications made last year, only God knows what metrics they use to treat them
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Olaiyatunnex: 8:18am On Sep 08, 2022
Jfv are processed in Abuja and not Dublin office. I have an Indian that joined his spouse in a month this year. What about that? Don't use the list from Dublin office to judge.

2 Likes

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 8:25am On Sep 08, 2022
Olaiyatunnex:
Jfv are processed in Abuja and not Dublin office. I have an Indian that joined his spouse in a month this year. What about that? Don't use the list from Dublin office to judge.

You're correct. There's incontrovertible evidence that it is processed in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Cyntopath: 8:53am On Sep 08, 2022
If only, they will display their processing time for jfv just like other type of visas, it would have been helpful. I guess one will rely on their response wen emails are sent to them at the end of 6months wait.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Dwebb55: 12:46am On Sep 09, 2022
Olaiyatunnex:

The waiting times for the Indian JFV is days and it's stated on their websites.

There is no such data on the Abuja visa office for JFV which could behove that it is not processed there in this new dispensation. I know for a fact that ours is being treated in the Dublin office because we were emailed when the documents were sent to the Dublin office for processing.

Whether this happened to other applications, I would not know but the Abuja office confirmed that our documents were sent to the Dublin office for processing!
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Blueberry111112: 2:54pm On Sep 14, 2022
Hey Dwebb55
I remembered getting that mail back then when my family applied. That email is from VFS not the Irish embassy. Correct me please, if am wrong. We sent an email to the dublin office and they referred us back to the Irish embassy in Nigeria.

Quick note, the only time applications from Nigeria was treated in dublin was during covid when the embassy in Nigeria had no VO in the embassy. As long as there is a VO in the embassy, applications for visa is treated in the embassy.

Dwebb55:

The waiting times for the Indian JFV is days and it's stated on their websites.

There is no such data on the Abuja visa office for JFV which could behove that it is not processed there in this new dispensation. I know for a fact that ours is being treated in the Dublin office because we were emailed when the documents were sent to the Dublin office for processing.

Whether this happened to other applications, I would not know but the Abuja office confirmed that our documents were sent to the Dublin office for processing!

2 Likes

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by majorbravo: 9:19am On Sep 17, 2022
What if the applications are sent to Dublin via a super slow postal service?

Last week a Zimbabwean dropped a testimony on fb that his family just got theirs after they submitted on July 18.
We have to do something. Do we even have an ambassador to Ireland at all? If there is, what are they doing? It’s senseless waiting for JF visas for months, while even Zimbabwe with Mugabe-incurred international sanctions gets JF visas way faster than we can.

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Olaiyatunnex: 11:47am On Sep 17, 2022
That's not a testimony... Its not news that they get it faster than Nigerians, Ghanaians... Known this for long. I don't know what Ireland embassy Abuja is doing for 6 to 10 months.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by majorbravo: 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2022
Olaiyatunnex:
That's not a testimony... Its not news that they get it faster than Nigerians, Ghanaians... Known this for long. I don't know what Ireland embassy Abuja is doing for 6 to 10 months.
This was the answer purportedly given by the Irish minister of justice and equality about our predicament in 2019.

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/question/2019-09-24/201/#pq-answers-201
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by majorbravo: 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2022
There is a petition I saw online

https://www.change.org/p/irish-embassy-in-nigeria-family-unification-for-nigerian-and-ghanian-critical-skills-nurses-holders-in-ireland?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_30119010_en-GB%3A4&recruited_by_id=a8d98330-36ae-11ed-bd4b-5994e1d14d3b&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&share_bandit_exp=initial-30119010-en-GB
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by bankool: 3:48pm On Sep 21, 2022
[quote author=8BitGee post=116460503]

@8BitGee / house
Please how long does it take to get a feedback on critical skills visa? I did my biometrics at the vfs office in Lagos and I got a text the following day that dispatched to the processing office, everything as been radio silent since then.

I tried checking for status online on vfs site but I keep getting "invalid input". I also noticed that the ref number in the text is different from the one on the appointment letter. Kindly advise ��.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Olaiyatunnex: 10:25pm On Sep 21, 2022
Join family visa or employment visa? Don't know what you mean by critical skills visa. When did you apply?

[quote author=bankool post=116880267][/quote]
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Olaiyatunnex: 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
Some people should be in Ireland by now if it's actually like this in Irl embassy Abuja. 28 days processing time for join family visa.

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by bankool: 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
Olaiyatunnex:
Join family visa or employment visa? Don't know what you mean by critical skills visa. When did you apply?

Critical skills employment visa
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Olaiyatunnex: 11:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
Employment visa... Within a month

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by benjamin2000: 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2022
Good day bro,I submitted my Ireland tourists application since 20 of match 2022.im yet to hear anything from them.any idea on what is going on?
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by femo7(m): 12:32pm On Sep 25, 2022
I'm not sure why it takes so long to determine the outcome of a "Join Family Visa."

In India, it takes 20 working days (https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/india/visas/processing-times-decisions-appeals/) and 10-14 working days in the UK (https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/great-britain/our-services/visas/weekly-decision-report). Why is everything in Africa so difficult? I'm about to begin this application, but the delay is discouraging.

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by FfeJ: 9:14am On Sep 30, 2022
Hi guys any update? Also does anyone know if the applications for this year are being processed in Abuja embassy or in Dublin? Guys please keep sharing your update, it’s encouraging to us who are still waiting��
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by kayus4luv2(m): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2022
I agree with you people should speak so we can know what is going on. Every Monday dey distabilize my week when i check the report and i cant find my wife application number. I am already planning to book flight to Nigeria for Christmas even tho the flight prices are so high but i no get choice as i am emotional drained not seeing my wife for months. Please maybe we can connect to share info.
FfeJ:
Hi guys any update? Also does anyone know if the applications for this year are being processed in Abuja embassy or in Dublin? Guys please keep sharing your update, it’s encouraging to us who are still waiting��
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Cyntopath: 3:34pm On Sep 30, 2022
I think there is something wrong somewhere. I stumbled on the SOSplea on twitter by Nigeran/Ghanaian nurses in ireland begging, appealing to Irish embassy Abuja to process their family applications but no response to that plea. The surprising thing is that, they are all under critical skill employment permit. Infact one of them is on Stamp 4 and his family's application has stayed 12months in Irish embassy Abuja. Some 10months, 7months etc. I wish they can say something. The wait is killing, draining . I pray God touches their heart to hasten the process. This period that study visa is over, I was thinking they will concentrate more on join family visa. Let's keep hope alive and wishes for the best.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by majorbravo: 7:22pm On Sep 30, 2022
If you think this is bad. Try opening a bank account in Ireland. I think these folks are clearly passing a message that they don’t care about us. Period. Best look elsewhere like UK or another country. I’m gonna leave Ireland for good if they don’t get my wife’s visa after 6 months. Total joke of a process.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Olaiyatunnex: 12:03am On Oct 01, 2022
All is well... Keep hope alive.

2 Likes

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by FfeJ: 9:53am On Oct 01, 2022
Oh Gosh this is disheartening. What can we do to resolve this? Eveb if it’s just to let them know we are tired and want change. I am ready to go to any protest regarding this. Discrimination and racism in this 21st century should not be swept under the rug and letting them get away with this. How can they be giving Indians and Philippians JFV in less than 1 month. Are we not humans like them? This is so unfair.

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Dwebb55: 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2022
FfeJ:
Oh Gosh this is disheartening. What can we do to resolve this? Eveb if it’s just to let them know we are tired and want change. I am ready to go to any protest regarding this. Discrimination and racism in this 21st century should not be swept under the rug and letting them get away with this. How can they be giving Indians and Philippians JFV in less than 1 month. Are we not humans like them? This is so unfair.

The wait can be really disheartening. No one knows what is going on. There is no information from anywhere, you can't even predict what date of application they are on. There's no idea about how many were approved, how many were denied! It is frustrating.

For India though, their government stood up for them. That is why they are not joked with. They also have plans and processes in place to help their citizens. Many people who can't afford the cost of study have access to loans which they pay back over several years after completing their studies. A good friend did his studies with loans, has started working now and pays back €300 every month.

Our own government, silence!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by YETI28: 6:47am On Oct 03, 2022
Good morning all, pls I want to know how I can relocate with my family to ireland should incase I have a job offer. Can I go with my children immediately?
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by kayus4luv2(m): 9:36am On Oct 03, 2022
You need to read through the thread and see peoples frustration at having their family join them in Ireland
YETI28:
Good morning all, pls I want to know how I can relocate with my family to ireland should incase I have a job offer. Can I go with my children immediately?
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by FfeJ: 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2022
Does anyone know what is going on with the Embassy currently. They are not answering their calls. Time of operation is confusing. Email is automatic as usual.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Two Nigerians & One Sudanese Deported For Illegal Stay In India (Photos) / How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) / Flour Mills To Build Atan-Agbara Road In Exchange For Tax Credit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.