Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos (31670 Views)

Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom / Identities Of Police Officers Who Extorted ₦22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Lagos Men / Tope Alabi Robbed At Gunpoint In Ogun, Police Arrest Suspects (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Hades2016(m): 9:35am On Dec 19, 2021
BlaqJosh:
Those men on black no get shame. Always showing how stupid they are to the world.
people that arrested a goat in 2009 for a criminal offense… Soteh international news carry am " Nigeria police arrested a goat for a criminal offense " Na that one pain me pass bro cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by ipobarethieves: 9:37am On Dec 19, 2021
sad igbo Amakasare THIEVES sad angry
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by AlexanderOkey: 9:38am On Dec 19, 2021
Esseite:

Well.. free lancers working for foreigners have trails of payments and working up N22m sitting balance as a free lancer, you are very well grounded affiliated with various organizations and must have trusted mentors who can step up. currency exchange would have had other exchangers flood the station with calls even from Abuja and police headquarters.. legit monies have trails. Fraud has made N22m look like change, earning it legally is a lifetime for majority.

Are you seriously trying to justify this illegality? You are really looking for ways to blame the victims. It's people like you that make these things to keep happening until it happens to you. Your level of exposure makes you see N22m as such a big sum. I can tell you there are people that have that and more silently just walking around and doing their legit business working for foreigners. The internet has made the world small and open to opportunities. Don't close your mind. Broaden your mind my friend and don't justify evil. At least let the police call them to investigate the incident rather than blame the victims.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by unbiased2021: 9:44am On Dec 19, 2021
Reality3080:
God bless u real good.

Legally acquired money always have a strong foundation n different attachments with enough connection.

How can u say u have 22 million n d only people u know are youngies like u around 20 years?

U have 22 million n no standing business?

U have 22 million n no id card of any organisations or strong working team?

I have said it various times that the police know who they mess with, do u realise some big men don't even have 22 million in their account but police dare not mess with them but fraud money always look obvious n makes d owner stranded even with d huge fund

Lots of haters. They showed ID cards but still they weren’t freed.
This country is full of haters, who hate you for having/knowing what they don’t .

I’m a member of BAYC and I sold an artwork 16k and was paid through ETH. How on earth can I explain to Nigeria police that I’m not a fraudster because I get paid through crypto. Nawao... make I even do comot from this country.

1 Like

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by kowema(f): 9:45am On Dec 19, 2021
Esseite:
Legally earned monies have trails... for you to have earned that sum of funds legally, along the ladder, you must have met friends, colleagues, business associates, police officers, army, business persons, family that would stand for you legit..

Fraud monies have no attachments or trails,it just hits you.. friends and colleagues cant come to the station because they may be ropped in.

You took the words out of my mouth. U have sense
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Sctests: 9:46am On Dec 19, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
So the officer transferred 20M worth of bitcoin without your wallet password or key. He transferred to where? No tx id, no prove, nothing, just one made up stories

Sahara reporters well done

Dumb abokey foo0l. The policemen simply threw away their guns and gave them blowjobs in order to extract their passwords and codes. Mugu! grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by ScamDemicEra: 9:46am On Dec 19, 2021
Day169:
I find it difficult to spot the difference between these guys and kidnappers or bandits..
.. or is it just their location that's different?
... you should find it even more difficult to spot the difference between these guys and IBB, Obasanjo, Tinubu, Buhari, Abacha, Kalu, Goodluck Jonathan, and many Nigerian politicians, pastors, imams etc.
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by todugo(m): 9:46am On Dec 19, 2021
walemoney007:
All this young boys that have millions in their accounts, need to know they need to have a lawyer.

Una go get money, to dey pay lawyer wey go dey defend Una for issues like this become problem.

I sha hope say dem go get their money back
Exactly, that moment they were asked to drive to the station,the smart thing to do was to Call your lawyer and an elderly family member and inform them before going with the police.

1 Share

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by TheMan3: 9:46am On Dec 19, 2021
Esseite:
Legally earned monies have trails... for you to have earned that sum of funds legally, along the ladder, you must have met friends, colleagues, business associates, police officers, army, business persons, family that would stand for you legit..

Fraud monies have no attachments or trails,it just hits you.. friends and colleagues cant come to the station because they may be ropped in.
I'm order words, what the police did was right. What's the difference between that and armed robbery?
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 19, 2021
22m is a huge money fr any single man freelancer,nd unless is big freelance coy or Nigeria fintech...nd how can u b carrying wallet wit such amount anywhere u go.. claiming realtor, domiciliary accnt no dey to open,on a serious note this guys are yahoo boys if trace,no too much argument fr this..fr now bitcoin is a no go area in niger,even me way de trade no de carry main phone go out
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by TheMan3: 9:47am On Dec 19, 2021
Esseite:

Well.. free lancers working for foreigners have trails of payments and working up N22m sitting balance as a free lancer, you are very well grounded affiliated with various organizations and must have trusted mentors who can step up. currency exchange would have had other exchangers flood the station with calls even from Abuja and police headquarters.. legit monies have trails. Fraud has made N22m look like change, earning it legally is a lifetime for majority.
Poverty seems to have blinded you. No offense

1 Like

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by MARKone(m): 9:48am On Dec 19, 2021
propzncribz:
"Working boys" Should always have a side hustle even if they don't take it seriously. What would it cost to snap a few houses and post them online for sale or even short-let? Maybe actually rent out a few properties a month and save the clients number as "client this or that" and If situations like this arises, they have proof to show they work as realtors.

Working boys Indeed, as Una dey steal from people, na so Police go dey steal from you people, and subject you guys to all manner of cruelty. In this instance I say Kudos to the NPF.

2 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by SOAG(m): 9:51am On Dec 19, 2021
philiancoop:
Foolish comments

Someone is asking for transaction details. Are you a fool? He said its BTC, who you wan trace wallet ID to?

Another person talking about your right and have a lawyer. Didn't you read that it was a robbery? These officers wanted to Frame them and murder them. Right, statement, lawyer and law no matter at all.

You say their family members no show for station. People whose phones were taken away in the night robbery. How will anybidy know.
It all happened within a few hours

Nice comment.
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by unbiased2021: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2021
kowema:

Not in this digi age. I sell artworks online, so you mean I can convince npf that one artwork makes me somewhere around 4 ETH(16k)

Please think ... this is Nigeria , not everyone living in Nigeria works with Nigerians.

I pray you won’t be a victim someday

1 Like

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Flier: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2021
Emperor2020:
22m is a huge money fr any single man freelancer,nd unless is big freelance coy or Nigeria fintech...nd how can u b carrying wallet wit such amount anywhere u go.. claiming realtor, domiciliary accnt no dey to open,on a serious note this guys are yahoo boys if trace,no too much argument fr this..fr now bitcoin is a no go area in niger,even me way de trade no de carry main phone go out
You don’t know what you are saying,most bitcoin traders use phone to trade and most of them has more than that in their wallet
Bitcoin money always look like nothing even if it worth 1 billion naira till it’s converted to cash,so pls forget the saying that they shouldn’t be carrying the wallet around
The guy should thank his God because most police always kills anyone they extort a huge money from
So I believe he is just lucky to be alive today to tell the story
For your info,only learner still use Dom account because it’s useless,Government May decide to covert your money to naira anytime at CBN rate.
Most politicians use usdt and foreign account now

1 Like

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Amos1423(m): 9:56am On Dec 19, 2021
In the end if we don't go back to the drawing board to look at the method/process at which these wolf's are recruited, we will continue having cases as this.

America today is having police officers shooting at blacks because we already know an average American doesn't like an average black man not to talk of giving him a gun in a society where the blacks are endangered species but in our case what could make a black man in an unfair country where everyone is trying to escape poverty, hunger, where everyone is on a daily basis struggling to survive subject his fellow black man to pain because he weilds a gun?

If you take a look at how these officers are recruited then you'd realise that there's only but one problem, that's the problem of morality.

How can you put up recruitment open then in the end, it's only those who have high recommendations from politicians, village heads etc that gets admitted into the force either they can do the job or not and sometimes these individuals recommended are either criminals they want to do away with in the community or average motherf**ker who knows nothing about the law and the highest dumbest height in the recruitment is either they pass the exams or not, they will surely weild the gun and imagine giving such individuals guns?

The Police is one of the most valuable part of the society because they are the closest to the people and once the trust deminishes just as it is now you've created a nuisance of a society because there's an enmity between the people and the force.

People will say it's because of how underpaid those in the force are but I disagree, even if the Nigerian police are the highest paid in the world, in the end it can never stop the non chalant attitude they put up cause it's Nigerianto oppress other when in place of power and if you don't, I which country you're from.

In my very eyes I saw most members of the endsarz panel slowly in some states take sides with the government which they screamed bad of cause of what? A stipend they receive during the time, does this not tell you how controlled an average Nigerian can be with money not to talk of instances where almost all the laws are against you plus you are directly being paid by the system so every of your moves will always be dictated by the system that's why common D.P.Os will oppress their subordinate, they can't say sh*t because they are being controlled by the system, did you even know that police promotion exams is always an open exams? As in they bring in text books to answers questions pertaining to how moral they should be when exercising their duty? You see how f**cked we are?
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by kowema(f): 9:56am On Dec 19, 2021
unbiased2021:

Not in this digi age. I sell artworks online, so you mean I can convince npf that one artwork makes me somewhere around 4 ETH(16k)

Please think ... this is Nigeria , not everyone living in Nigeria works with Nigerians.

I pray you won’t be a victim someday

I don't pray u find ur self in that position but if u do, I'm sure ur have transaction history from the point u were asked how much.
I also work in a forex brokerage firm and my direct bosses are foreigners. We have conversation history etc that shows trails of what we do.

1 Like

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Billygee2u: 9:58am On Dec 19, 2021
Jack005:
Nigerian police are a reflection of the Nigerian society... I can never like a Nigerian police and that is why I don't feel bad for them each time I read news about them been killed. Unfortunately there are still good ones, but a minute fraction.

grin grin grin grin
Nigerian Policemen are not your friends

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 19, 2021
AlexanderOkey:

Are you seriously trying to justify this illegality? You are really looking for ways to blame the victims. It's people like you that make these things to keep happening until it happens to you. Your level of exposure makes you see N22m as such a big sum. I can tell you there are people that have that and more silently just walking around and doing their legit business working for foreigners. The internet has made the world small and open to opportunities. Don't close your mind. Broaden your mind my friend and don't justify evil. At least let the police call them to investigate the incident rather than blame the victims.

Am not blaming the victims, all am saying is the case should have been escalated beyond this with shortees making sure the police are brought to book..
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by id2019(m): 10:02am On Dec 19, 2021
propzncribz:
"Working boys" Should always have a side hustle even if they don't take it seriously. What would it cost to snap a few houses and post them online for sale or even short-let? Maybe actually rent out a few properties a month and save the clients number as "client this or that" and If situations like this arises, they have proof to show they work as realtors.
U correct

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by id2019(m): 10:03am On Dec 19, 2021
propzncribz:

U correct
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Burgerlomo: 10:03am On Dec 19, 2021
SadiqBabaSani:
I hope this criminal thieves called Police are fished out,

Police is jst so corrupt

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by unbiased2021: 10:04am On Dec 19, 2021
kowema:

I don't pray u find ur self in that position but if u do, I'm sure ur have transaction history from the point u were asked how much.
I also work in a forex brokerage firm and my direct bosses are foreigners. We have conversation history etc that shows trails of what we do.

Forex brokerage firm is different from creating nft’s, there are so many differences. Wait am I supposed to show them my proof of membership to the bored ape ? Even if I do, they might not even understand it.
Because of this police harassment, almost all my friends and close allies have left Nigeria to Europe/North American countries.
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by samonak(m): 10:04am On Dec 19, 2021
Bubu4Sea:
Has anybody noticed that in the North that the police behave themselves?

The police harassment is part of the Islamic tax on the south.
Guy forget that thing wey u de yarn there. Police extortion goes on in the north, only that they do it codedly. A friend of mine a pharmacy Rep based in Kano mistakenly parked near a Telecom mast with his vehicle loaded with drugs. It was during the period Bokoharam was carrying out sporadic attacks in the North, so tension was very high back then. He was expecting someone who travelled to visit him, so he parked and went to receive his guest. Unknown to him his vehicle was flagged and reported to the police that he might be carrying explosives. When he reached his vehicle with his guest he was accosted by the police who said he should follow them to the station. That was how he was detained even after showing them ID Cards, invoices and other documents to prove that he was a medical sales rep. He was able to place a call to a contact who got a Police commissioner involved in the case. Even after the senior officer spoke with the police they didn't budge and insisted he must "settle" that's how he parted with 100k! To tell u how shameless the NPF is they don't regard orders from superiors. Since that day my friend hated the police with passion. Even if he dates a babe and he discovers ur dad is a cop, my guy go knack u without mercy.

3 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by faste: 10:08am On Dec 19, 2021
kowema:

Why u too no get sense?
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 19, 2021
You know your businesses are shady, you wouldn't package yourself well. There was a bros I know then, baba Nah strong yahoo boy but you can never tell. Clean cut and dresses like a bank manager, corporate guy and very eloquent. He has over 5 tippers and other businesses in Lekki.

Small money una don draw tattoo, begin carry mop stick for head, want to drive the most expensive car because una wan impress. Why can't you all dress decent, this is not America?

I keep telling people if I have 500 million in my account it wouldn't be obvious. A lot of people only make money to show off.

4 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by GetMeRight: 10:11am On Dec 19, 2021
Bubu4Sea:
Has anybody noticed that in the North that the police behave themselves?

[s] The police harassment is part of the Islamic tax on the south. [/s]

Sense is very far from you.
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by kowema(f): 10:15am On Dec 19, 2021
unbiased2021:

Forex brokerage firm is different from creating nft’s, there are so many differences. Wait am I supposed to show them my proof of membership to the bored ape ? Even if I do, they might not even understand it.
Because of this police harassment, almost all my friends and close allies have left Nigeria to Europe/North American countries.

Finally, Relocating is just the way to go
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by GetMeRight: 10:16am On Dec 19, 2021
AlexanderOkey:

The rate at which young dudes are oppressing the populace with the proceeds of their fraud activities is very alarming, don't defend nonsense. It happened in July and they just got liver to cry out now!
Not justifying what the police did.
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Avinoam: 10:17am On Dec 19, 2021
Is it Cordelia Nwawe or Cordelia Nwanue ,the former happens to be a lawyer and a police officer in charge of FcID Alagbon.
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 19, 2021
unbiased2021:

Lots of haters. They showed ID cards but still they weren’t freed.
This country is full of haters, who hate you for having/knowing what they don’t .

I’m a member of BAYC and I sold an artwork 16k and was paid through ETH. How on earth can I explain to Nigeria police that I’m not a fraudster because I get paid through crypto. Nawao... make I even do comot from this country.
can u shield more light on this nft bayc,heard there membership no be here..here to learn
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by unbiased2021: 10:20am On Dec 19, 2021
kowema:

Finally, Relocating is just the way to go

But you know these men are killing us as a nation. How can your vibrant youths with good brains be leaving the country everyday because of unfair environment.
Go to government hospitals and you will hardly see experienced doctors except students who are on housemanship, it’s bad because we’re scaring our good brains. Sorry for diverting the topic though

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dismissed Policeman Kills Fiancée’s Mother In Delta State Over Cancelled Wedding / Police Brutalize Student In Okene, Force Him To Withdraw N25K At POS (video) / Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.