Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:16 PM

Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them (38670 Views)

Broke Lady Offers Lagos Uber Driver Sex In Exchange For Payment. He Refuses / My Uber Driver Came With 4matic, Gave My Baby A Seat And Also A Toy To Play With / Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by lalasticlala(m): 6:12pm On Dec 18, 2021
Wolf Mimii shares a story of how her mother was attacked by Uber driver and how Uber handled the case by deleting her account.

I’m so disgusted right now but my mum was attacked by her uber driver yesterday in Nigeria. He complained to her that the price the app showed for the ride was too small as if that was anything to do with her and he tried to charge her something different. She tried to cancel the ride but he refused and called her a prostitute in which she insulted him back and he decided to get out of his car and punch her in the eye and pick up an iron bar (it says iron) and hit her in her head.

When she reported him to @Uber the deleted her account instead of addressing the issue so @Uber why are we ignoring this your driver attacked a woman because they didn’t agree with the fair?? and you deleted her account @Uber

@Uber the more stuff i come across i get more and more angry and i can’t even do shit all cos she’s there.

@mentions and imma @ their useless police force too because it’s just not clickin, why are you releasing a man who literally assaulted a woman for talking back?? for cancelling a fucking uber ride?

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1472191840657055751.html

I found his handle, at the police station he was claiming that women should not talk back at men, so as he called her a prostitute she should have thanked him. @uber you have failed, you people have been shady from beginning!! Deleting her account after reporting and going to bail him after inflicting a deep head injury on a woman?? Una go hear and!!!!
@rufaiabarshi abuja will be too small for you!!!
@uber whoever is the boss there or the officer involved is stupid.
@nigerianpoliceforce do the needful a man put his hands on a woman with a heavy object.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXmYZnTj-SJ/?utm_medium=copy_link

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by Amotolongbo(f): 6:14pm On Dec 18, 2021
What

Too bad
The man needs being sentenced

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by Viktoreze(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
Everybody is a victim on the internet.... Everybody is right and innocent when they're telling the story...
But wetin be my own anyways....

297 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by God1000(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
This is unacceptable, please guys don't beat women no matter the level of provocation, just ignore and walk away, or report her to the appropriate authorities

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
angry
This country pipo eh ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by Iamdbull: 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
Dbull on this one!

There are better ways to discipline women other than physically, this is gruesome

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by MykLANNY(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
If true, I hope she gets the justice she deserves. Then, I remember again that this is Nigeria. cry cry cry

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by younglleo: 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
Without being bias with my judgment!
Una dey ment!
Assuming na dat woman beat dat drive, u go come twitter dey rant?
Strength wey u dey use insult, try dey reserve am for fight
E GET WHY

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by paulolee(m): 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
just too bad...proper investigation should be carried out bcoz i no trust this people

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
This wan went too far.. if his guilty.. police should do the needful.

Women should also control there mouth honestly. Some of them gurls can be so hurtful with. Words.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by JackDaAlienz(m): 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
Since the History of Womenhood

NEVER BELIEVE THE ACCOUNT OF A,WOMAN
UNTIL YOU HEAR FROM THE OTHER PERSON.

WOMEN ARE WELL KNOWN TO ADD SPICE,CURRY,EGUSI,RED PEPPER, SALT INTO EVERY STORY THEY TELL

IT MIGHT BE THAT SHE FIRST SLAPPED AND HIT HIM WITH HER POINTED SHOE. BUT SHE WONT ADD THAT IN HER STORY
HMMNMMM

WAIT UNTIL THE GUY COMES OUT AND TELL HIS STORY...

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by Teedautoparts: 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
grin

Anybody who uses ehailing service knows that Uber is more sane than Bolt.

I sympathize with her, but we need to hear the driver's side of the story.

A driver on 4.83 rating on Uber (not Bolt), must definitely be well behaved. If he was notorious, he wouldn't have gotten to that level.

This story doesn't add up

188 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by jedisco(m): 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
Would be good to get the full details of what transpired. There's no excuse for violence also, some folks see Uber drivers as people they can trample on

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by Techibi6777: 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
Some Uber drivers are actually crazy. Including Bolt. I have experienced something like this when the driver was visibly angry that the app charged too low.

One even went as far as trying to make me pay for the promo I was given. As for Nigerian Police, it's usually a case of the highest bidder. Forget it, they won't do shit !

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by Earlystar698(m): 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
As someone that have sit with elderly people, I've come to the point that I won't pass judgement on the man unless I hear from him too, fear hole people.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by akanbiaa(m): 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by verybadmouth(m): 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
All these foreign cab apps. Why don't we use our indigenous owns that we can monitor.

5 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by jimmyolasun: 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
If Uber driver talk him own story too now, naa another thing him go claim... Make we just sit here dey observe as e dey go...

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by holuwajobar(m): 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
Don't judge based on one side of the story.....

Don't trust this gender

Future is Female grin

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by Bensondrums(m): 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
What did she really really do?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by Ezemarcel(m): 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
Talk true what happened

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by jimmyolasun: 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
ruasaw:
#BoycottUber

3 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them by YerGade: 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
jimmyolasun:
If Uber driver talk him own story too now, naa another thing him go claim... Make we just sit here dey observe as e dey go...
exactly

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Shedrack Bako, 4 Others Drown As Boat Capsizes In Taraba / MCC Pedestrian Bridge Upper Iweka, Onitsha Now A Death Trap (Photos) / Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.