Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Do Cameras Really Fade?? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do Cameras Really Fade?? (3987 Views)

Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX / Photo Of World First Bezel-less Phone With 4 Cameras Coming At A Cheap Prize / Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Goes Official: 6.3″ WQHD+, Dual Cameras, 6 GB RAM & More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Danielwiseoo(f): 7:01am On Dec 19, 2021
Guys pls I bought a phone gionee s9 ...I even bought it mainly for taking photos ...the phone's camera was crystal clear when I bought it I mean super clear but later after one two month the front camera became like that of a button phone it became so bad ..that I regretted getting the phone ...I don't know if the problem is to change camera lenses or is that how some phones are..for their camera to expire?

8 Likes

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by ITbomb(m): 7:09am On Dec 19, 2021
Next time buy a Snapdragon powered phone, run from MTK no matter the specs and number of cameras
(unless your money no reach)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by arkonpoint: 7:13am On Dec 19, 2021
It is same thing on Snapdragon too. I had a xiaomi 8a,i notice same thing with it. The only issue is like that with only the native camera app, I still get good shots out of my gcam.

6 Likes

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Enskynelson(m): 7:23am On Dec 19, 2021
Hope u didn't allow the face of your phone get rough. If you don't protect your screen, it can affect the quality of your selfie shots too.

6 Likes

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by JhimmySpark(m): 7:51am On Dec 19, 2021
Same with my phone too.. The back camera is nothing to write home about.. But the front camera is still okay, I only take selfies these days.

1 Like

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by JhimmySpark(m): 7:51am On Dec 19, 2021
IPhone and Samsung users una dey experience this kind thing?

1 Like

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Enskynelson(m): 7:53am On Dec 19, 2021
JhimmySpark:
Same with my phone too.. The back camera is nothing to write home about.. But the front camera is still okay, I only take selfies these days.
Check the back of your phone, is the back screen scratched? I have noticed that some one us don't maintain our back cover and screen area. It affects the camera.

1 Like

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Enskynelson(m): 8:02am On Dec 19, 2021
JhimmySpark:
IPhone and Samsung users una dey experience this kind thing?
I use Samsung Note 8. Anytime my camera either selfie or back camera is dirty, it notifies me to clean them before taking any shots.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 19, 2021
IPhone na still the best aje my bro iPhone 7+ camera sharp pass some people iPhone 13

1 Like

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Bayaar02(m): 8:48am On Dec 19, 2021
Differentiate:
IPhone na still the best aje my bro iPhone 7+ camera sharp pass some people iPhone 13

Mind blown!... Amazing!

1 Like

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Danielwiseoo(f): 8:58am On Dec 19, 2021
I had the same experience with my red I not 5 but now my gionee s9 the back is still clear while my front camera is bad as hell
JhimmySpark:
Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 19, 2021
Tecno and Infinix left the group chat..

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by maiquel: 9:01am On Dec 19, 2021
It is true, though I don't know the science behind it.
I think what happens is that, as you use the phone, the surface of the phone get scratches making it a bit blurry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by halfbloodprince(m): 9:05am On Dec 19, 2021
Sensors get weak over time. The weaker the sensor, the quicker it starts going bad.
Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by legendine(m): 9:06am On Dec 19, 2021
My cousin uses iPhone x....he can't use his phone to snap again ..is very blurred now.... And the phone is still very neat, he bought it new in 2019

Wat I think is, when new iOS is out and u update it, iPhone automatically reduces the power of the camera to make u buy the new products

Same thing happened to my Samsung s6, when I first bought the phone, the camera was sharp but with time, the camera fades away

I don't even want to talk about Tecno or infinix because the problem is more common with them

So, I concluded that ur camera was not made to serve u forever, with time, it fades away even s10 camera too fades

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Danielwiseoo(f): 9:16am On Dec 19, 2021
I swear y they no go leave
Kingsuave:
Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Danielwiseoo(f): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2021
U might be right mhan..but I don't know why phone engineers never seem to find solution and I Can't throw it away cause it 64 GB 4gb ram
maiquel:
It is true, though I don't know the science behind it.
I think what happens is that, as you use the phone, the surface of the phone get scratches making it a bit blurry.
Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Danielwiseoo(f): 9:20am On Dec 19, 2021
But my cousin had been using Samsung's s7 edge for about 4years now and the camera is still superb so in a way I think ya wrong
legendine:
My cousin uses iPhone x....he can't use his phone to snap again ..is very blurred now.... And the phone is still very neat, he bought it new in 2019

Wat I think is, when new iOS is out and u update it, iPhone automatically reduces the power of the camera to make u buy the new products

Same thing happened to my Samsung s6, when I first bought the phone, the camera was sharp but with time, the camera fades away

I don't even want to talk about Tecno or infinix because the problem is more common with them

So, I concluded that ur camera was not made to serve u forever, with time, it fades away even s10 camera too fades

5 Likes

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Ay04z(m): 9:22am On Dec 19, 2021
Camera fade..... Very true.. Been wondering wat happen to my samSung A50 back camera.. I bought 3 years ago... PHONE STILL VERY NEAt and working perfectly even though am a heavy user... But d back camera don go.. But the front still sharp
Not a photo freak though so no qualms..
But i use it as an external webcam for my laptop at work.

1 Like

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Danielwiseoo(f): 9:24am On Dec 19, 2021
Its unbearable o abi we should protest..
Ay04z:
Camera fade..... Very true.. Been wondering wat happen to my samSung A50 back camera.. I bought 3 years ago... PHONE STILL VERY NEAt and working perfectly even though am heavy user... But d back camera don go.. But the front still sharp
Not a photo freak though so no qualms..
But i use it as an external webcam for my laptop at work.
Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Adewale1603(m): 9:52am On Dec 19, 2021
this is normal, it would fade overtime, not only the camera, the battery life too, if u buy new clothes, u wash, u wear, overtime, u can't expect the clothes to be brand new again.

1 Like

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Enskynelson(m): 10:00am On Dec 19, 2021
If you have a good phone and your camera still fades, it's probably dust or scratches. We hardly think about these things.

5 Likes

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Buzx: 10:54am On Dec 19, 2021
It didn't fade. It's just dirty and scratches on the lens.

2 Likes

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Onyeka90210(m): 11:01am On Dec 19, 2021
There's a fungi that grows on lens that blurs it,
From smudges, makes it look hazy not clear, try cleaning your camera glass with acetone, pure alcohol or spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by TeeGentle(m): 11:19am On Dec 19, 2021
u did not clean it before using it or maybe it has scratches

1 Like

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by seanwilliam(m): 11:47am On Dec 19, 2021
legendine:

First you can’t get new iPhone X in 2019
Secondly except the phone is faulty , iPhone X camera can never be blurry.. even iPhone 7 Plus camera is still very sharp and clear ..

5 Likes

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by donprincebigt(m): 11:49am On Dec 19, 2021
Danielwiseoo:
Guys pls I bought a phone gionee s9 ...I even bought it mainly for taking photos ...the phone's camera was crystal clear when I bought it I mean super clear but later after one two month the front camera became like that of a button phone it became so bad ..that I regretted getting the phone ...I don't know if the problem is to change camera lenses or is that how some phones are..for their camera to expire?
Speaking based on experience as a phone Photographer. Some don't maintain the camera. U need to clean the surface of ur phone camera regularly. Don't make it expose to dust. And also b4 u take a shot. Tap where u want ur focus so as to get a clear and sharp shot. Pictures below are recent pics taken with my Tecno spark 4 I av been using since sep last year. Still as sharp as new

6 Likes

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by bigcee(m): 11:52am On Dec 19, 2021
Buzx:
It didn't fade. It's just dirty and scratches on the lens.
Exactly.

2 Likes

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by seanwilliam(m): 11:55am On Dec 19, 2021
@op I’ll say that’s common with andriod.

I used iPhone 7plus and X until may this year , nothing wrong with them ..

But try and clean the lens if possible maybe with spirit and Colton wool
Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Alitair(m): 11:56am On Dec 19, 2021
It didn't fade. It's you that is getting older and therefore fading...

1 Like

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Flamees(m): 12:33pm On Dec 19, 2021
Kingsuave:

Re: Do Cameras Really Fade?? by Flamees(m): 12:34pm On Dec 19, 2021
legendine:

That just it
I always run away from system update

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyone Using Itel Inote Prime? / Itel S16 Pro (N41,500) Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review (photos) / Easy Buy Customer Service: Was Your Experience With Easybuy Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.