Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship (1397 Views)

Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? / She Never Apologises: I Am Thinking Of Ending This Relationship. / Girlfriend Drives Lover's $100k Benz Into Pool For Ending The Relationship (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Princeadebayo11(m): 8:13am On Dec 19, 2021
Salute fellow Nairalander, hope you are staying safe and I hope you are all good.
This is the first time I will be breaking a lady's heart ever since I've started dating, it was them that normally end the relationship themselves. But this time around my recent relationship the break up came from me and ever since I told this girl the relationship is not working that we should give it a break she has called 2 times after that accusing me that I wasted her time for almost 4 years which, I tried to let her know that during that 4 years of courtship we only saw each other 10times because it was distance relationship.
Though this girl was the one that woo (toast) me herself back in 2017 but I just had to accept her because I don't want her to feel dejected or embarrassed, I just accepted the proposal out of pity thinking that as times goes on I will develop feelings in the relationship, but the fact is that the feelings normally come anytime we had sex and once she travelled back I will start seeing myself as a single guy. She was the one that normally calls all the time, it's just like she was the only one in the relationship, and she is 24 years old while I am 26. Last week I just decided to advise her that the way this relationship is going it's just like we are wasting our time that she should have plan B in case if things doesn't work out between us, but it seems she didn't understand because she just flared up immediately I said that and started shouting God will judge me for doing that to her. The reason why I ended the relationship was because we can go for like a month without communicating and Both of us will be fine about it and she is planning to settle down next 2 years which I don't see myself in any marriage in 2023. But ever since then I've been having this guilty conscience that even I hardly sleep throughout yesterday night and I have been calling her that ending the relationship doesn't mean we've become enemy that we can still be friends after that but she didn't pick. To be sincere I want to get married to someone I love not someone I will be managing, because marriage is a long journey.
Just that I need to let her know my stands that I am no longer in relationship before it's too late for her to get a perfect man.
I know some people will abuse me that I am still a kid, no problem. I know because I am 26 years old
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Ebubechuwku(m): 8:13am On Dec 19, 2021
Thats the best thing to do but it took you so long before you decided.... You should have released her since maybe 1year or months after the relationship started, haba 4years too much... 4 years of testing microphone..

Well shaa, broken relationship is better than broken marriage...

5 Likes

Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by fati2001(m): 8:14am On Dec 19, 2021
Princeadebayo11:
Salute fellow Nairalander, hope you are staying safe and I hope you are all good.
This is the first time I will be breaking a lady's heart ever since I've started dating, it was them that normally end the relationship themselves. But this time around my recent relationship the break up came from me and ever since I told this girl the relationship is not working that we should give it a break she has called 2 times after that accusing me that I wasted her time for almost 4 years which, I tried to let her know that during that 4 years of courtship we only saw each other 10times because it was distance relationship.
Though this girl was the one that woo (toast) me herself back in 2017 but I just had to accept her because I don't want her to feel dejected or embarrassed, I just accepted the proposal out of pity thinking that as times goes on I will develop feelings in the relationship, but the fact is that the feelings normally come anytime we had sex and once she travelled back I will start seeing myself as a single guy. She was the one that normally calls all the time, it's just like she was the only one in the relationship, and she is 24 years old while I am 26. Last week I just decided to advise her that the way this relationship is going it's just like we are wasting our time that she should have plan B in case if things doesn't work out between us, but it seems she didn't understand because she just flared up immediately I said that and started shouting God will judge me for doing that to her. The reason why I ended the relationship was because we can go for like a month without communicating and Both of us will be fine about it and she is planning to settle down next 2 years which I don't see myself in any marriage in 2023. But ever since then I've been having this guilty conscience that even I hardly sleep throughout yesterday night and I have been calling her that ending the relationship doesn't mean we've become enemy that we can still be friends after that but she didn't pick. To be sincere I want to get married to someone I love not someone I will be managing, because marriage is a long journey.
Just that I need to let her know my stands that I am no longer in relationship before it's too late for her to get a perfect man

UR STORY IS TOO LONG angry

angry AND YOU KNEW I HATE TO READ .WHY PUNISHING ME THIS EARLY MORNING DURING THIS COLD ERA angry

3 Likes

Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by chatinent: 8:20am On Dec 19, 2021
and I have been calling her that ending the relationship doesn't mean we've become enemy that we can still be friends after that but she didn't pick.
You are an enemy to her happiness. You are a special kind of sorrow.

To be sincere I want to get married to someone I love not someone I will be managing, because marriage is a long journey.
Am I surprised? Not at all...after having her, you now realise you want a new body you'll love....translating nacking to love. After four years of tripling her body count, you want to leave her for someone else so you can begin to look for another person’s daughter to manhandle?

Just that I need to let her know my stands that I am no longer in relationship before it's too late for her to get a perfect man.
After four years?
After four years of turning her up and down on bed?
After four years of depriving her the room of accepting another suitor?
After four years of deceiving her?

Mehn..make una girls too dey get sense. Some men are alive to reck your lives. They breathe to doom you! Be wise!

You think this is redpillism? You are a kidult! Your argument reeks of immaturity but all you yearn is receive accolades from Nairaland redpills! Keep deceiving yourself, a lot of them are married!

You Biodun,

The devil will be wondering who sent you!

Lalasticlala, come and see your fellow Nigerian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by fati2001(m): 8:27am On Dec 19, 2021
Princeadebayo11:

I know some people will abuse me that I am still a kid, no problem. I know because I am 26 years old

SICKO MOB

WHY NOT INFORM HER @BOLDED SINCE 2017, THE FIRST DAY SHE SET HER EYES ON YOU. .

AND YOU ARE STILL KID @26
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT OTHERS BUT TO ME ONCE YOU ARE 25 YOU ARE A FULLY GROWN ADULT AND ALWAYS USE THAT ERA PERFECTLY BECAUSE IN NO TIME ANOTHER 25 WILL BE AT UR DOOR =50YRS WHICH IS THE TIME TO ENJOY UR LABORS.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Twoclans(f): 8:32am On Dec 19, 2021
A 26 years old man says he is still a kid undecided

Africa is truly a breeding ground for lazy people

I am sure even the 26 is a reduced figure.

5 Likes

Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 19, 2021
Op, do what you want ooo.
This life is too short. cool

1 Like

Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by JONSYN7154: 8:36am On Dec 19, 2021
Princeadebayo11:
4 years? Guy, just tell us say u don get anoda sisi.
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Bbbeauty(f): 8:42am On Dec 19, 2021
You guy the try.
God bless you
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Moeman: 9:04am On Dec 19, 2021
mtcheew....
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Bbbeauty(f): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2021
I need help
I meet a guy 2 months ago he ask me out and i told him no for the being, after some days he call back and still tell me to accept him because him love,I try to resin with him because for over a year I have not been in any relationship, I told him the problem that I always have in a relationship and he promise not to do that to me, we started dating and he always what me around him even when I close from work he will what me to come around because we are leaving very close,each time we have problem he always call me names and tell me its over between us,I will still beag him not to live me because the street have know that am dating him,two weeks ago I wheaten to attend Shiloh but I forgot to tell him, when he called I told him am on my way to Shiloh he said I should stop anywhere I am which I did when he meet me they he took my phones and say lest go home which we did, when we get home he started calling me names and I should live his house which I need,he then flow me along and started begging which I forgive me and go back to him house,after some minutes someone that invited me to the Shiloh call and I told him that am not calling again,that is were another problem started that one result to fight him bet me up and letter started begging me again i told Him okay I have for giving you,when he was sleeping I took his pass post and tear it......
And now he have find out and went to police to make entry....
Please I need your advice on this.
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Ocholu: 9:24am On Dec 19, 2021
Bbbeauty:
I need help
I meet a guy 2 months ago he ask me out and i told him no for the being, after some days he call back and still tell me to accept him because him love,I try to resin with him because for over a year I have not been in any relationship, I told him the problem that I always have in a relationship and he promise not to do that to me, we started dating and he always what me around him even when I close from work he will what me to come around because we are leaving very close,each time we have problem he always call me names and tell me its over between us,I will still beag him not to live me because the street have know that am dating him,two weeks ago I wheaten to attend Shiloh but I forgot to tell him, when he called I told him am on my way to Shiloh he said I should stop anywhere I am which I did when he meet me they he took my phones and say lest go home which we did, when we get home he started calling me names and I should live his house which I need,he then flow me along and started begging which I forgive me and go back to him house,after some minutes someone that invited me to the Shiloh call and I told him that am not calling again,that is were another problem started that one result to fight him bet me up and letter started begging me again i told Him okay I have for giving you,when he was sleeping I took his pass post and tear it......

This una relationship na warzone oh!! Make una take am to Sambisa forest for a bigger space.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by diogo23: 9:30am On Dec 19, 2021
chatinent:

Am I surprised? Not at all...after having her, you now realise you want a new body you'll love....translating nacking to love. After four years of tripling her body count, you want to leave her for someone else so you can begin to look for another person’s daughter to manhandle?

After four years?

Mehn..make una girls too dey get sense. Some men are alive to reck your lives. They breathe to doom you! Be wise!

You think this is redpillism? You are a kidult! Your argument reeks of immaturity but all you yearn is receive accolades from Nairaland redpills! Keep deceiving yourself, a lot of them are married!

You Biodun,

The devil will be wondering who sent you!

Lalasticlala, come and see your fellow Nigerian.
So because he have her , he should marry a girl he didn't have a single love for? What do you think will happen in future if he marry such a girl? Not every relationship end in marriage
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Nicklaus619(m): 9:32am On Dec 19, 2021
Bbbeauty:
I need help

Next time just use pigin English type, we go understand

Jeez I hallucinated for about 3 minutes after reading this. E make my brain spin aswear grin

But why u self tolerate person way dey beat u in a relationship, u should have save your self worth and walked away since.

1 Like

Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by jeff1607(m): 10:07am On Dec 19, 2021
Princeadebayo11:

Looking at 5 years from now, when you start looking for a loyal and stress free lady

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by akinade28(f): 10:16am On Dec 19, 2021
Princeadebayo11:
You don't need to allow conscience prick, you did the two of you a big favour. She maybe very angry and I understand it will be very tough for her now but she will later appreciate what you have done in the future. A one sided relationship or marriage will be terrible for the two of you.
However, I have question for you o.
1) Did you thoroughly think through this decision ? My brother the street is not smiling oo. If you are thinking that you might get someone better , that may never be the case especially if this girl is a wonderful person. Though I don't know how critical or genuine your reasons are for your refusal to commit to the relationship ( some people have commitment issues), but I will advise you to run back if she is a very good person, good people are rare to come by nowadays. You might not know the value of what you have until you lose it. The issue of getting married by 2023 can be sorted out by the two of you, if you are genuine about marrying her. Any sane lady can wait for any man she can trust with her life.
Then from experience this your case is peculiar to long distant relationships, these relationship becomes cold after a while except the two parties are determine to make it work. You can ask anyone that has been in a distant relationship.
My advice is based on my experience, I was in a similar scenerio with the lady though I wasn't the one that asked him out nor did we have sex, but it pained me to the bones I almost lost my mind. The guy later came back o because the street wasn't smiling the ladies out there showed him pepper, from then he respect me a lot till now.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Princeadebayo11(m): 10:20am On Dec 19, 2021
[quote author=chatinent post=108626917]

After four years?

We only met physically 10times in that 4 years, and I can count the number of times we had sex. But ever since the day I accept her proposal she has been trying to make this relationship work but still it doesn't. She broke up with me 2times this year and I don't even beg her but bshe kept coming back to me herself
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Princeadebayo11(m): 10:21am On Dec 19, 2021
akinade28:

You don't need to allow conscience prick, you did the two of you a big favour. She maybe very angry and I understand it will be very tough for her now but she will later appreciate what you have done in the future. A one sided relationship or marriage will be terrible for the two of you.
However, I have question for you o.
1) Did you thoroughly think through this decision ? My brother the street is not smiling oo. If you are thinking that you might get someone better , that may never be the case especially if this girl is a wonderful person. Though I don't know how critical or genuine your reasons are for your refusal to commit to the relationship ( some people have commitment issues), but I will advise you to run back if she is a very good person, good people are rare to come by nowadays. You might not know the value of what you have until you lose it. The issue of getting married by 2023 can be sorted out by the two of you, if you are genuine about marrying her. Any sane lady can wait for any man she can trust with her life.
Then from experience this your case is peculiar to long distant relationships, these relationship becomes cold after a while except the two parties are determine to make work. You can ask anyone that has been in a distant relationship.
My advice is based on my experience, I was in a similar scenerio with the lady though I wasn't the one that asked him out nor did we have sex, but it pained me to the bones I almost lost my mind. The guy later came back o because the street wasn't smiling the ladies out there showed him pepper, from then he respect me a lot till now.
I love this
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Sonnobax15(m): 10:25am On Dec 19, 2021
lipsrsealed
I'd rather fall in love with someone who loves me than fall in love with the one Iove lipsrsealed.

Op,you no try cha....Via say you should have ended the relation-boat right from the moment you noticed it wasn't goan lead no where...... Sometimes,I don come to realize say na only we, guymen dey use our own hands dey buy problem enter our lives...

I pity her next bf cha.. Because the innocent dude is goan be the one to pay dearly for all the fvckery you've caused her undecided
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by chatinent: 10:28am On Dec 19, 2021
diogo23:

So because he have her , he should marry a girl he didn't have a single love for? What do you think will happen in future if he marry such a girl? Not every relationship end in marriage

No, that's not my point. He should have left her long ago if he didn't want her.
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by diogo23: 11:57am On Dec 19, 2021
chatinent:

No, that's not my point. He should have left her long ago if he didn't want her.
It's true he should have told her earlier but since pussy was involved he does not have word of his own
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Princeadebayo11(m): 4:00pm On Dec 19, 2021
diogo23:

It's true he should have told her earlier but since pussy was involved he does not have word of his own
Nairaland is really full of knowledgeable people
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Truvelisback(m): 4:10pm On Dec 19, 2021
Princeadebayo11:
U wasted her time. U should have told her u weren't interest from the begining. U showed and allowed this fake feelings for her for good 4yrs. Try and put urself in her shoes. How would u feel if u were treated the same way?
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Lovebliss2(f): 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2021
Bros,
After four years?
Well-done o!
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Opeyemiextra(f): 7:58pm On Dec 19, 2021
Although you took too long (way too long actually) to inform her, this is still the right thing to do. It's better than just keeping her there knowing that you don't want her. It's better than being just neighbors. It's better than marrying and divorcing.

You should apologize to her and mean it because heartbreaks are not pretty experiences. Some people are not strong enough to handle late rejections like this. Also,that there wasn't much communication doesn't mean she doesn't love you although I'm not sure how that works.

Next time, stop dating or remaining in relationship out of pity, you will still end up breaking the person's heart and by then it would be too damaging.
Princeadebayo11:
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Orgasmgiver123(m): 8:18pm On Dec 19, 2021
One of the reason why I kick people with my rain boot

Damn.. nasty.. I'm out of here
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by luvyaself95(m): 3:03pm On Dec 27, 2021
Do you know the best woman to marry is the one that love you.
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by efficiencie(m): 3:12pm On Dec 27, 2021
Princeadebayo11:

Dude I am sorry to say this but you are very stupid. By your own admission you claim you are not ready for marriage even in the next two years yet you have been sleeping with the said lady. By your own admission you said you accepted her because you didnt want her to get embarrassed but you went ahead to use her before dumping her. Is that not wickedness? You knew you were going into a distance relationship with her and you knew you it wasn't what you wanted but you did not end it rather you kept sleeping with her. From a man to a man, I must say you are very wrong and someone else somewhere will do this to your wife wherever she is.
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by qtguru(m): 3:18pm On Dec 27, 2021
You wasted her time, 4 years is too long to be confused. If she had side-guys nau you men go dey complain na reasons like this, naija babe no dey keep one guy. OP na correct block head
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Princeadebayo11(m): 4:50pm On Dec 27, 2021
efficiencie:

Dude I am sorry to say this but you are very stupid. By your own admission you claim you are not ready for marriage even in the next two years yet you have been sleeping with the said lady. By your own admission you said you accepted her because you didnt want her to get embarrassed but you went ahead to use her before dumping her. Is that not wickedness? You knew you were going into a distance relationship with her and you knew you it wasn't what you wanted but you did not end it rather you kept sleeping with her. From a man to a man, I must say you are very wrong and someone else somewhere will do this to your wife wherever she is.
She has even moved on,
Re: Am I Really Guilty For Ending This Relationship by Yohans(m): 6:02pm On Dec 27, 2021
You are not wrong for breaking up with her cos LDR issa scam that involves two individuals deceiving themselves.

(1) (Reply)

Bet9ja I Won 250k ,after They Have Settle There Site. / Bad Thing Has Happened To Me / One Of The Wierdest Romantic Behaviours Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.