Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators (17885 Views)

Adebayo Adelabu: Nigeria Gets 40,000MW Power From Generators / Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy / 2016 Vs 2020: Data Shows Oshiomhole Was Inconsequential In Edo Gov Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by felucci(m): 3:28pm On Dec 19, 2021
What Data? How was the data collected? Did they get information from generator users? Did they use a Satellite image or what? How were they able to know how many Nigerians were using generators all the while? I refuse to believe this.

milann:

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/data-shows-almost-half-nigerias-electricity-supply-is-from-generators-despite-promises/

Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by Ophilabraham: 3:31pm On Dec 19, 2021
Chatflick:
It's more than half abeg. Every house on my street alone uses generator every single day. E come be like say na noise competition

Which area is that?
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2021
backbencher:

As for me, PDP and APC are rubbish.
so you don't participate in your civil right, ba?
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by dasparrow: 4:04pm On Dec 19, 2021
The lack of electricity and security is the main reason some of us left Nigeria. I don't know how people can live in a place where staying in the dark has become the norm and I hate generator noise. Generator fumes has killed so many Nigerians. SMH.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 19, 2021
Blyzz:
so you don't participate in your civil right, ba?

I vote for other parties.(NCP, kowa, ydp).

Voting for PDP or APC for me is like voting for one set of corrupt people Vs another set. Or voting for past leaders and their proxies.

No thank you from me
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by henrimoto(m): 4:12pm On Dec 19, 2021
dallyemmy:
We thank God for sunlight and moonlight...
If man failed. The ALMIGHTY GOD. wouldn't fail.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by henrimoto(m): 4:14pm On Dec 19, 2021
dallyemmy:
We thank God for sunlight and moonlight...
When men failed. The ALMIGHTY GOD. wouldn't fail.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 19, 2021
backbencher:

I vote for other parties.(NCP, kowa, ydp).

Voting for PDP or APC for me is like voting for one set of corrupt people Vs another set. Or voting for past leaders and their proxies.

No thank you from me
huh, the said party you mentioned are way of dividing votes in a wasteful manner. Yet, it either PDP or APC, so why not let your vote count? And beside, if today the federal gov made it a law for just two ruling party to exist. That means you won't cast your vote, ain't you?
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by funshint(m): 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2021
backbencher:
The thing is Nigerians do not pay the power sector the kind of money they need to fix things and that includes both the government and the people.

Forcing the sector to run at a loss.

That's why we spend more on generators.

The truth is, we need at least 30 billion dollars a year, for 16 years to fix power. Our budget, with borrowing and debt is not up to 28 billion dollars US.

You're seriously sick....why bid for a project when you know you don't have the capacity to undertake such. So Nigerians should continue to bleed because of the lack of capacity of some private companies. People like you are one of the problems we have in this country. You are not okay at all. Werey!
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by executive12: 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2021
YoungLionken:
More than half actually..

OBJ comes to mind..

Everyone's(me too) complaining of Buhari, but the problem didn't really started with him..

Sixteen years of PDP in power shattered the Nigeria of our dreams..

MODIFIED

I can see that some people are ignorantly mentioning me..

I never exonerated the APCheat government over past rule of Pdp1gs!!

All I'm saying that both contributed to the many problems bedeviling the country. In other words, Pdp1g shouldn't be seen as an angel over APCheat, because they're same!!!

Are you not tired of making excuses for this useless Buhari administration? You guys are sounding like a broken record.
If this useless administration stays in power for 30 years, l am sure you guys will still be making excuses.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2021
Blyzz:
huh, the said party you mentioned are way of dividing votes in a wasteful manner. Yet, it either PDP or APC, so why not let your vote count? And beside, if today the federal gov made it a law for just two ruling party to exist. That means you won't cast your vote, ain't you?

I'm not voting for one form of corruption or the other

Has voting for PDP or APC made your life better? No.

Has voting for PDP or APC made our economy an industrial and innovative economy like China or South Korea. ? No.

I can not vote for the parties of Buhari and Obasanjo and company. Yeah it makes me look like a joker. But no thank you. I support Nigeria first. Not Bubu, Gej, Obasanjo, atiku, Jagaban, Obi, ganduje, shekarau, not Nmamdi kanu, igboho, Al barnawi, shekau, Can or Muric.

Nigeria first after God.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
NA TODAY? THAT IS WHT OBJ AND ATIKU 13bPOWER PROJT GAVE you PPL THAT STILL WORSHIP THEM.
MUMU PPL.
If you naija ppl want progress you beta reset you brains to stop worshipping your tomentors obj gowan abdulsami ibb danjuma buhar and hold them to account when they leave office.THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IN THRIVING COUNTRIES
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by executive12: 4:23pm On Dec 19, 2021
backbencher:
The thing is Nigerians do not pay the power sector the kind of money they need to fix things and that includes both the government and the people.

Forcing the sector to run at a loss.

That's why we spend more on generators.

The truth is, we need at least 30 billion dollars a year, for 16 years to fix power. Our budget, with borrowing and debt is not up to 28 billion dollars US.

The power problem in Nigeria will not be solved by money alone. The laws need to be changed before pumping money in.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 19, 2021
funshint:

You're seriously sick....why bid for a project when you know you don't have the capacity to undertake such. So Nigerians should continue to bleed because of the lack of capacity of some private companies. People like you are one of the problems we have in this country. You are not okay at all. Werey!

Classy.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2021
executive12:

The power problem in Nigeria will not be solved by money alone. The laws need to be changed before pumping money in.

The laws have been changed, what hasn't changed is that the sector still has its prices set by the goverment ,like before

Hence it runs at a loss.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 19, 2021
funshint:

There is a lot wrong with your comment chief among which you called me sick.

I honestly do not know why you should abuse me for expressing my opinion. I am not in goverment or in a policy making position. I just made a point. You can disagree with it without calling me sick.

If you abuse me again, I will have no restriction in reporting your comment to the mods.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2021
backbencher:

I'm not voting for one form of corruption or the other

Has voting for PDP or APC made your life better? No.

Has voting for PDP or APC made our economy an industrial and innovative economy like China or South Korea. ? No.

I can not vote for the parties of Buhari and Obasanjo and company. Yeah it makes me look like a joker. But no thank you. I support Nigeria first. Not Bubu, Gej, Obasanjo, atiku, Jagaban, Obi, ganduje, shekarau, not Nmamdi kanu, igboho, Al barnawi, shekau, Can or Muric.

Nigeria first after God.
No qualms Sir, you won. However, let do the best we could to help humanity. Nigeria is a failed state since 1960.....
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by executive12: 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2021
chudez0147:
DamnNigga
Isoright!!

This is the worst of the all.. electricity

The reason I don't like staying in Nigeria.

It is well

You don't like staying in Nigeria. Clap for yourself. I guess you expect foreigners like the Lebanese (who are doing quite well in Nigeria) to solve your nation's problem for you, right?
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by executive12: 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2021
Amos1423:
If the government can fix the problem of electricity then believe me Nigerians would go a long way solving their problems without ever resorting to government. How to fix the problem of electricity? So many states in Nigeria today who has a power plant ends up sharing their light to the national grid because of the nepotic exclusive list act, what's wrong with reviewing part of the constitution that is blocking our growth? Get the states to produce and generate light for themselves while Abuja generate light to Abuja. Oh! They won't do it because if they do, people will stop cashing out so instead suffer the rest of us for your purses sake.

If our senators were anything or where serious, by now generators would be banned in Nigeria and guess what? Every government would be looking for ways to solve the problem of electricity cause this one for follow affect them too that's if it's implemented cause in this traphole it's not about making laws but it's enforcement.

Madt p*ople everywhere!!!

Good points.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by executive12: 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2021
Princedapace:

Buhari has used 8 years o. 8 years is half of 16 o.

Just close ur eyes and imagine another 8 years of buhari, can he do any better?

When they tell u all that Nigeria work, una no go hear.

I never see mumu people lle like blacks. Our mumu is why whites and Arabs conquered us.

Nigeria can't work. U can't have multiple major nations fussed together under unitary federalism and expect the country to work.. Hahahahahaha. Never.

Baba, the next president will use another 8 years and nothing will improve.

In the next 50 years, Nigeria will be saying same things. Well, except she tells her self the truth.

Politicians know this and are so happy. The people don't care about good governance, all they care about is for their tribe person to be the president. And the president will always be tribalistic which means many competent people from other tribes will rarely get opportunity to shine. This is how Nigeria will continue till end of time or she blows up into war due to high population and unemployment

Well said.
If Nigeria is not restructured, it will definitely disintegrate.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by chudez0147(m): 4:46pm On Dec 19, 2021
executive12:

You don't like staying in Nigeria. Clap for yourself. I guess you expect foreigners like the Lebanese (who are doing quite well in Nigeria) to solve your nation's problem for you, right?
DamnNigga
Isoright!!

Shey na me won fit the electricity for una . Ok na
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by funshint(m): 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2021
backbencher:

There is a lot wrong with your comment chief among which you called me sick.

I honestly do not know why you should abuse me for expressing my opinion. I am not in goverment or in a policy making position. I just made a point. You can disagree with it without calling me sick.

If you abuse me again, I will have no restriction in reporting your comment to the mods.
I still maintain my stand...people like you are very intelligent at using statistics and fictitious data to disuade people from seeing the truth. Jonathan brought us into this mess when he unbundled NEPA to his cronies who have next to no experience in the power sector. They saw the Power sector as another money making venture for themselves, power improvement for Nigerians was not in their agenda. Now Nigerians have to bleed just to sustain those companies. This is thesame nonsense this present Buhari govt did by selling 5G license to an unknown company that has no experience whatsoever in the telecoms sector. All these thing were deliberately orchestrated to fail even before they start. They should revoke the licences of all these DISCOS and GENCOS, and look for more capable investors who have the money and the technical know-how to bring about the desired turn-around in the power sector.

1 Like

Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by executive12: 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2021
IgboMuslemAdvoc:

I thought someone said, lagos generate it's on power

The person (liar) must be related to Lai Mohammed.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by executive12: 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2021
Deicide:
In the North light is nothing less than 18hrs per day

You must be related to Lai Mohammed.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by executive12: 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2021
otokx:
Are Nigerians willing to pay for 24/7 electricity given the increasing rates of tariff?

Silly question.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by executive12: 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2021
aspabay:
Generally true. But in the last six months, i haven't used my generator more than 4 times. Power relatively stable, plus i know when they will take it and I have light every night till 6am.

Another Lai Mohammed.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by executive12: 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2021
backbencher:

The laws have been changed, what hasn't changed is
Ithat the sector still has its prices set by the goverment ,like before

Hence it runs at a loss.

The laws have not been changed. Under the present laws we operate, States cannot generate and distribute power within their States. They must feed into the so called national grid.
Individuals are not allowed to generate more than 2 MW.
Nigeria's problems cannot be solved without the country being restructured. Governance must be decentralised.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 19, 2021
executive12:

The laws have not been changed. Under the present laws we operate, States cannot generate and distribute power within their States. They must feed into the so called national grid.
Individuals are not allowed to generate more than 2 MW.
Nigeria's problems cannot be solved without the country being restructured. Governance must be decentralised.

Well even then , at the end of the day, the states and individuals have to earn a profit doing so

Which the current law.does not allow them to do. Goverment still sets the price.

We can change the way things are run by letting states control power, by deregulating the grid and by decentralised power, but so long as goverment is still forcing power companies to charge less than their cost of production, they won't make enough profit to make things better.

That was the main issue under NEPA and PHCN. And it is still there now.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 19, 2021
funshint:

I still maintain my stand...people like you are very intelligent at using statistics and fictitious data to disuade people from seeing the truth. Jonathan brought us into this mess when he unbundled NEPA to his cronies who have next to no experience in the power sector. They saw the Power sector as another money making venture for themselves, power improvement for Nigerians was not in their agenda. Now Nigerians have to bleed just to sustain those companies. This is thesame nonsense this present Buhari govt did by selling 5G license to an unknown company that has no experience whatsoever in the telecoms sector. All these thing were deliberately orchestrated to fail even before they start. They should revoke the licences of all these DISCOS and GENCOS, and look for more capable investors who have the money and the technical know-how to bring about the desired turn-around in the power sector.

Even then you can make your point in a matured way without calling me sick.

If I had abused you now, you would be upset. So why should you abuse others when the same action directed at you would make you upset

Good evening.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by executive12: 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2021
chudez0147:

DamnNigga
Isoright!!

Shey na me won fit the electricity for una . Ok na

Who be "Una". You are at liberty to stay wherever you choose.
Just that I observed that as many Nigerians are running away from Nigeria for lack of opportunities, Lebanese and Indians are rushing in to grab opportunities. And they are doing quite well.
How come you guys are not seeing the same opportunities?
Instead most of you guys would prefer to go and be doing menial jobs. It doesn't make sense to me that one would spend years acquiring university education and end up with just menial jobs in a foreign country while foreigners are making it big in same country you are running away from.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by executive12: 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2021
backbencher:

Well even then , at the end of the day, the states and individuals have to earn a profit doing so

Which the current law.does not allow them to do. Goverment still sets the price.

We can change the way things are run by letting states control power, by deregulating the grid and by decentralised power, but so long as goverment is still forcing power companies to charge less than their cost of production, they won't make enough profit to make things better.

That was the main issue under NEPA and PHCN. And it is still there now.

You are right. That's why I said the laws have not really changed.
Re: Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators by chiefobdk2: 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2021
YoungLionken:
More than half actually..

OBJ comes to mind..

Everyone's(me too) complaining of Buhari, but the problem didn't really started with him..

Sixteen years of PDP in power shattered the Nigeria of our dreams..

MODIFIED

I can see that some people are ignorantly mentioning me..

I never exonerated the APCheat government over past rule of Pdp1gs!!

All I'm saying that both contributed to the many problems bedeviling the country. In other words, Pdp1g shouldn't be seen as an angel over APCheat, because they're same!!!

Apc was voted to right the wrongs of PDP iys been six years. More than enough time to make an Impact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Lagos PDP Members Reject G-5 Governors, vow To Vote Atiku (Videos) / Gunmen Stole Kogi Gov’ship Election Petitions From Tribunal Secretary – Police / Can The North Stand Alone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.