Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,767 members, 7,802,344 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Can The Creator "Judge" The Created - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can The Creator "Judge" The Created (3576 Views)

The Existence Of The Creator Is Best Discussed Face To Face. / Adam, The Created Man / The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by sonmvayina(m): 3:59pm On Dec 21, 2021
DeepSight:

Beautiful.

Thanks...I appreciate
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2021
DeepSight:
When did we degenerate to this?
No dice. Above board? Suffice to say poetic license things going on there that I didnt think you'll take offence to.

I suppose I let out steam, seeing one talk the talk but walk the walk.

DeepSight:
Perhaps KnownUnknown knew something which was unknown to me!
Perhaps

DeepSight:
You repeatedly ask to conduct a test, and when given the go ahead, you come up with this? Well, pfffft!
If you've played double dutch growing up, you'll understand

DeepSight:
Interesting you mention Pharaoh. For I seem to recall that it is written that someone was repeatedly "hardening the heart" of Pharaoh. Who was that pray tell, if you can be sincere for once?
loll, sm. You don't know half of the "hardening the heart" of Pharaoh.

Suffice to say that Pharaoh, already a hard man, was raring to harden himself more and that's what he was allowed to do, loll.

DeepSight:
This come-back is a let down
The letdown is you not deducing from the comeback that determinism is incompatible with the ability to do otherwise. I am sure you'll be the first that God did not dictate to you what side of the bed you' re to get out from this morning, and that neither did God specifically appoint you to log on to NL today.

God's omniscient hasn't got any problems with the choices you make. It is because out of respect that God will not unjustly impose His will on you. Yes, even though God knows the end from the beginning, it doesnt free you from not making choices and be responsible for whatever choice you made or took

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by sonmvayina(m): 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2021
NNTR...
How Jesus different from us if he actually existed?

God said let us make man in our image according to our likeness....
And God formed man from the DUST of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living being...

So man is God's breath + dust of the earth.

So if Jesus was a man he would still be

God's breath + dust of the earth...

So I wonder how he is God and we are not

Or how he is not human and we are human ..

Explain to me..no insult please...

I see the little note at the bottom of your post
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by ThothHermes: 9:26pm On Dec 21, 2021
DeepSight:

As I just wrote to another poster above - The truth is that one is not saying that freewill should equate freedom from consequences. However one is saying that the basket of choices available to be made has already been preset by the creator and under-girded by in-built, pre-programmed proclivities which form an iron-cast set of rules by which man must live and thus give a lie to any alleged freewill.
I don't think there's a limitation to our possibilities as men. The basket of choices are limitless as far as I can see.

Having said that, one must nonetheless note that the sort of consequences preached in your scripture and advanced by much of your religion are quite over the top, and verily ground an argument that any entity advancing those types of sadistic consequences cannot be said to be bequeathing any freewill whatsoever.
The Creator thoughts are infinitely superior to those of the created.
What sort of consequences would be fitting in your view?
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by sonmvayina(m): 9:46pm On Dec 21, 2021
ThothHermes:
I don't think there's a limitation to our possibilities as men. The basket of choices are limitless as far as I can see.

What if the creator and created is one and the same ?

1 Like

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by ThothHermes: 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2021
sonmvayina:

What if the creator and created is one and the same ?
That's absurd

1 Like

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 11:22pm On Dec 21, 2021
ThothHermes:

The basket of choices is very limited.
Your very genes alone form just one factor which powerfully delimits you in terms of your nature and proclivities. This is not to speak of more obvious and broader limitations such as your mortality, your sex, your race, your cosmic location, your intelligence and your capacity to grasp concepts. Certain concepts rest way above the human paygrade for capacity to absorb.

I was referring to the sadistic consequences preached by much of organized Abrahamic religions, such as eternal torment in hell-fire.
Although, for the sensitive, I believe living in this world is quite morbid enough.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 11:26pm On Dec 21, 2021
ThothHermes:
That's absurd

Don't be so quick to judge. It might not be as absurd as you may at first assume: and it certainly is not an unknown school of thought - Take a look at Hindu theology, Pantheism and Panentheism for instance.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by OBALOLA55(m): 11:40pm On Dec 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Is it Peugeot that is to judge the iPhone or Steve Jobs?

Or when the Camry does not work properly do you take it to the surgeon?

I bet you would not agree that you are guilty of kidnapping simply because your friend used your car to kidnap people.

So if you have that right, how are you so wicked and unjust to imagine that God too does not have it also?

Well, the great thing is that your opinion is inconsequential exactly as when Steve Jobs or Toyoda Judges that certain iPhones and Corollas are fit for destruction.

And it is done!

And no one can stop their destruction.

That is the Incontestable Power and Right of A Creator!

WHICH OF THE CREATOR ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOUR HUMAN god (CHRIST) OR YAHWEH (THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE)
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 12:56am On Dec 22, 2021
DeepSight:
As I just wrote to another poster above - The truth is that one is not saying that freewill should equate freedom from consequences. However one is saying that the basket of choices available to be made has already been preset by the creator and under-girded by in-built, pre-programmed proclivities which form an iron-cast set of rules by which man must live and thus give a lie to any alleged freewill.

Having said that, one must nonetheless note that the sort of consequences preached in your scripture and advanced by much of your religion are quite over the top, and verily ground an argument that any entity advancing those types of sadistic consequences cannot be said to be bequeathing any freewill whatsoever.
List what particularly the 'types of sadistic consequences' are please, but not before, bearing in mind, that God is not in any shape or form sadistic. Has no alleged torture chamber. Does not have any place for endlessly torturing people for eternity, as is not in any torturing business, but of course God will pay each person back according to their deeds [justly, as their deeds deserve], to those who by persistence in doing good seek [unseen but certain heavenly] glory, honor, and immortality (i.e. paraphrasing Romans 2:6-7)

ThothHermes:
Matthew 17:20
He answered, “Because of your little faith [your lack of trust and confidence in the power of God];
for I assure you and most solemnly say to you,
if you have [living] faith the size of a mustard seed,
you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and [if it is God’s will] it will move;
and nothing will be impossible for you.

I understand how you mean by 'I don't think there's a limitation to our possibilities as men. The basket of choices are limitless as far as I can see', unfortunately most will miss that the carte blanche ties in with man using acceptable judgment, can do anything that is fair or reasonable, not too extreme and has God's approval.

Its no secret that A&E, used unacceptable judgment to do something that wasnt fair nor reasonable, was to the too extreme and hadn't God's approval.

ThothHermes:
This is so obvious that it didn't need to be said or explained.

sonmvayina:
What if the creator and created is one and the same?
The Creator knows what I am thinking in my mind right now. The Creator has knowledge all what I'll post before the midnight hour strikes. The Creator had salvation planned even before creation. Now if you allege that the 'creator and created is one and the same' sic, do you know what I am thinking of in my mind right now? Do you know what I'll be posting before the midnight hour strikes? Do you know all what happen before the foundation of earth was created?

ThothHermes:
That's absurd
You can say that again

DeepSight:
Don't be so quick to judge.
The well timed righteous judging was bang on the money

DeepSight:
It might not be as absurd as you may at first assume: and it certainly is not an unknown school of thought - Take a look at Hindu theology, Pantheism and Panentheism for instance.
If you have taken a look at Hindu theology, Pantheism and Panentheism, please sincerely, honestly and truthfully respond to the follow

1. Does Hindu theology, Pantheism and Panentheism have any doctrine of original sin, at all?
2. Does Hindu theology, Pantheism and Panentheism have any doctrine about a plan of redemption, salvation and reconciliation?
3. Does Hindu theology, Pantheism and Panentheism have venerated martyrs?
4. Does Hindu theology, Pantheism and Panentheism have any doctrine of intrinsic evil?
5. From a Hindu theology, Pantheism and Panentheism, when will sickness, poverty, affliction, suffering, weeping, death etc come to end and be no more?

Have more questioning to make, but lets to start with, kick off with those five easy, simple, harmless, innocent and straightforward questions

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 1:48am On Dec 22, 2021
sonmvayina:
NNTR...
How Jesus different from us if he actually existed?
One word? Sovereignty.

sonmvayina:
God said let us make man in our image according to our likeness....
And God formed man from the DUST of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living being...

So man is God's breath + dust of the earth.
Absolutely correct that man is God's breath (i.e. ruach) + dust of the earth, however I'll complement that comment with man is God's breath (i.e. ruach) + dust of the earth + soul.

sonmvayina:
So if Jesus was a man He would still be

God's breath + dust of the earth...

So I wonder how He is God and we are not

Or how he is not human and we are human

Explain to me..no insult please...
I dont do insults, it is only if you take offense so easily at how or what I post that you would see imagined insults

Your wish is my command, so here are the kiss explanations

1. How Jesus is God and we are not, is because Jesus is God and we are gods.
The presence or absence of the 'G' capitalisation is the defining moment for who is God and who isnt God.

2. How Jesus is not human and we are human, is not correct at all, because to start with, Jesus is, God Incarnate, meaning, God, in the person of Jesus, took on flesh, to become human, as a bottom line, result of that, Jesus has characteristics of divinity and humanity.

As for us, yes, we are human, with work in progress, in view, characteristics of divinity, loll. The Genesis 1:26 likeness, is continuum, just as I shared in one of my posts somewhere above earlier on this thread

I observe that you keep ascribing 'God's breath + dust of the earth...' without soul to Jesus. Why? Is it because you see yourself, as a human that is soulless?

sonmvayina:
I see the little note at the bottom of your post
The little note at the bottom of my posts is a satori admission coming of an incontrovertible fact, loll.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God, who told stories.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 9:04am On Dec 22, 2021
NNTR:

The little note at the bottom of my posts is a satori admission coming of an incontrovertible fact, loll.

Comical as it is, the deification of religious / spiritual leaders is an old custom of mankind. I would not deny you your fantasy, however tragic it is to call a fellow man God, and worship him.

Before you assume that one has not thoroughly studied the question of the deity of Christ -

https://www.nairaland.com/1341464/anony-deep-sight-verse-verse
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by Dtruthspeaker: 10:45am On Dec 22, 2021
OBALOLA55:
WHICH OF THE CREATOR ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOUR HUMAN god (CHRIST) OR YAHWEH (THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE)

Any, Every and All Creators Everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by sonmvayina(m): 11:27am On Dec 22, 2021
NNTR:
One word? Sovereignty.
Over what ?

Absolutely correct that man is God's breath (i.e. ruach) + dust of the earth, however I'll complement that comment with man is God's breath (i.e. ruach) + dust of the earth + soul.
Where does the soul comes from.. because what I read is when God breathed into his nostrils man became a living soul. Meaning man is a soul...
Or did you miss that?

I dont do insults, it is only if you take offense so easily at how or what I post that you would see imagined insults

Your wish is my command, so here are the kiss explanations

1. How Jesus is God and we are not, is because Jesus is God and we are gods.
The presence or absence of the 'G' capitalisation is the defining moment for who is God and who isnt God.

2. How Jesus is not human and we are human, is not correct at all, because to start with, Jesus is, God Incarnate, meaning, God, in the person of Jesus, took on flesh, to become human, as a bottom line, result of that, Jesus has characteristics of divinity and humanity.

As for us, yes, we are human, with work in progress, in view, characteristics of divinity, loll. The Genesis 1:26 likeness, is continuum, just as I shared in one of my posts somewhere above earlier on this thread

I observe that you keep ascribing 'God's breath + dust of the earth...' without soul to Jesus. Why? Is it because you see yourself, as a human that is soulless?

Lol..very very laughable.
I don't really know where to start this rebuttal...I will just ignore it.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2021
DeepSight:
Comical as it is, the deification of religious/spiritual leaders is an old custom of mankind.
Indeed comical as it is, that you dont know that this faith/spiritual leader did not require deification, simply because He is God Incarnated. Pfft. Smh

DeepSight:
I would not deny you your fantasy, however tragic it is to call a fellow man God, and worship him.
Though I would not deny you your travesty, it really is tragic it is to call God just a fellow man only, and not accord Him worship He deserves

DeepSight:
Before you assume that one has not thoroughly studied the question of the deity of Christ -
There wasn't any need to pull the subtle 'Do you know who I am?' card with a sign posting to dead on arrival thread, loll. The fallacy of appeal to authority or should I say, the appeal to quasi-authority, loll

DeepSight:
https://www.nairaland.com/1341464/anony-deep-sight-verse-verse
loll. Before 'Academy' was, I am.
It was weak and lame then and there hasn't been any improvement to your abysmal performance from back then to date.

If you, or when you do decide to give the topic on that thread a kiss of life, you do know, where I am, you know how to notify me to come join the party, loll.

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2021
sonmvayina:
Over what?
Over infinitely beyond the limit or extent of how far you can stretch your imagination

sonmvayina:
Where does the soul comes from..
The soul comes from being created by the Creator

sonmvayina:
... because what I read is when God breathed into his nostrils man became a living soul.
You read correctly. Perhaps you dont understand the implication. Never mind, I'll clear you up

Man after creation was unanimated but the moment God breathed into his nostrils, he jumped into life (i.e. became a living soul)

Remember I earlier shared that human beings are trichotomous, meaning they have body, spirit and soul. Well, the life of the flesh aka body is in the blood, while the life of the soul is in the spirit aka ruach aka breath of God.

When some is clinically dead, as a result of brain death, the spirit aka ruach aka breath of God, leaves the body, as it returns back, to its Owner, God, the Creator. The body returns back to being dust, while the soul leaves the body enroute to a departure lounge area, to wait for Judgment Day date and the soul's departure destination

sonmvayina:
Meaning man is a soul...
Matthew 26:36–38
36Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane,
and He told the disciples, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.”
37Taking along Peter and the two sons of Zebedee,
He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed.
38Then He said to them,
My soul is swallowed up in sorrow— to the point of death.

Remain here and stay awake with Me.”

Absolutely, meaning, man is a soul. Meaning, sonmvayina, you are a soul.

sonmvayina:
Or did you miss that?
1 Thessalonians 5:23
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely.
And may your spirit, soul, and body be kept sound
and blameless for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is alive and active.
Sharper than any double-edged sword,
it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit
, joints and marrow;
it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

I think what you missed, is that the soul being you, is yours, but the ruach, is God's, meaning, it belongs to God, hence why the 'breath of life', aka 'ruach' even aka 'spirit' returns back to God, upon running out on you, literally, loll

sonmvayina:
Lol..very very laughable.
I know, very very laughable, if only you knew, the joke's on you. loll.

sonmvayina:
I don't really know where to start this rebuttal...
So wouldnt a chameleon dropped into a bag of skittles know where to start, loll.

sonmvayina:
I will just ignore it.
Wise choice, loll. After all, ignorance, is at best, merely a drop of bliss. loll.

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by sonmvayina(m): 1:08pm On Dec 22, 2021
NNTR:
Over infinitely beyond the limit or extent of how far you can stretch your imagination

You read correctly. Perhaps you dont understand the implication. Never mind, I'll clear you up

Man after creation was unanimated but the moment God breathed into his nostrils, he jumped into life (i.e. became a living soul)

RememberI earlier shared that human beings are trichotomous, meaning they have body, spirit and soul. Well, the life of the flesh aka body is in the blood, while the life of the soul is in the spirit aka ruach aka breath of God.

When some is clinically dead, as a result of brain death, the spirit aka ruach aka breath of God, leaves the body, as it returns back, to its Owner, God, the Creator. The body returns back to being dust, while the soul leaves the body enroute to a departure lounge area, to wait for Judgment Day date and the soul's departure destination

Matthew 26:36–38
36Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane,
and He told the disciples, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.”
37Taking along Peter and the two sons of Zebedee,
He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed.
38Then He said to them,
My soul is swallowed up in sorrow— to the point of death.

Remain here and stay awake with Me.”

Absolutely, meaning, man is a soul. Meaning, sonmvayina, you are a soul.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely.
And may your spirit, soul, and body be kept sound
and blameless for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is alive and active.
Sharper than any double-edged sword,
it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit
, joints and marrow;
it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

I think what you missed, is that the soul being you, is yours, but the ruach, is God's, meaning, it belongs to God, hence why the 'breath of life', aka 'ruach' even aka 'spirit' returns back to God, upon running out on you, literally, loll

I know, very very laughable, if only you knew, the joke's on you. loll.

So wouldnt a chameleon dropped into a bag of skittles know where to start, loll.

Wise choice, loll. After all, ignorance, is at best, merely a drop of bliss. loll.

You guys are so funny...I will just let you wallow in your ignorance....when you grow up..maybe then you will know and understand...

Shalom.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by triplechoice(m): 1:36pm On Dec 22, 2021
NNTR:

RememberI earlier shared that human beings are trichotomous, meaning they have body, spirit and soul. Well, the life of the flesh aka body is in the blood, while the life of the soul is in the spirit aka ruach aka breath of God.

The above is confusion

Man, according to you, became a living soul after the breath of life entered the body at the beginning.

So , from your explanation what we get is that it is the combination of the breath of life and the body made from dust which resulted in the soul.

Then, you further explained that at death , the breath of life returns back to God while the body to dust where it came from.

But like a magician performing a magic trick , you surprisingly brougt out of the thin air a soul ,which should no longer exist at this point,( at death) now leaving the body to exist somewhere until judgment. Where did that came from?

How can it be possible for the soul to continue to exist if the two components which makes it up at the begining have been removed or dissolved after death?

Remember you said the blood is what keeps the body alive while the spirit is what sustains the soul.

So how can the soul continue to exist after the breath has been taken away by God and the body back to dust?
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by Dtruthspeaker: 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2021
NNTR:
Taking out time to draft out the woman's charges was unnecessary

You didnt you read the memo, showing that Jesus asked the woman, the archetype of Eve, the following questions:
'Woman, where are your accusers, Where are they? Is there no one left to condemn you?'...

As seen, every case is independent from each other and therefore, THEY ARE JUDGED ON THEIR OWN INDEPENDENT MERITS.

Thus, the case of the woman who was charged with ONLY ONE CRIME OF ADULTERY, which was brought to The Lord for Judgement, is in no reasonable way comparable or similar to the Charges WHICH GOD HIMSELF (and not men) LEVELED AGAINST EVE.

Therefore, for me to see The Truth of the Case, it was needful to uncover the offences which she perpetrated by her acts in the transaction thereof.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2021
sonmvayina:
You guys are so funny...

sonmvayina:
I will just let you wallow in your ignorance....
Your accumulation of poorly mastered knowledge is getting the better of you.

sonmvayina:
when you grow up..
You'll end up very disappointed if you're thinking everyone will grow up as you

sonmvayina:
maybe then you will know and understand...
Regardless of your lack of understanding, disbelief, ignorance and arrogance, truth will always be truth.

sonmvayina:
Shalom.
Where ignorance is your master, there is no possibility of having real shalom bro, but hey, yeah don't forget to put on your speedos while you run along, loll

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by sonmvayina(m): 3:59pm On Dec 22, 2021
NNTR:

Your accumulation of poorly mastered knowledge

You'll end up very disappointed if you're thinking everyone will grow up as you

Regardless of your lack of understanding, disbelief, ignorance and arrogance, truth will always be truth.

Where ignorance is your master, there is no possibility of having real shalom bro, but hey, yeah don't forget to put on your speedos while you run along, loll

Soul= breath of God + dust of the earth.
At death, the soul ceases to exist. The body returns to earth and the breath(or spirit) returns to God who gave it. Ecclesiastes 12:7 and psalm 104:29-31.

There was never any need for your puny god (jesus) who was created by the romans to deceive the gullible. It's a pity you fell for it...
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2021
NNTR:
Indeed comical as it is, that you dont know that this faith/spiritual leader did not require deification, simply because He is God Incarnated. Pfft. Smh

Though I would not deny you your travesty, it really is tragic it is to call God just a fellow man only, and not accord Him worship He deserves

Feel free to worship the fella. Its certainly your right: neither is the worship of fellow man anything new under the sun.

There wasn't any need to pull the subtle 'Do you know who I am?' card with a sign posting to dead on arrival thread, loll. The fallacy of appeal to authority or should I say, the appeal to quasi-authority, loll

loll. Before 'Academy' was, I am.
It was weak and lame then and their hasn't been any improvement to your abysmal performance from back then to date.

Wasnt pulling any card my friend. Was simply referring you to that which one has previously discussed on the matter, given that you have tended to suggest one is lazy in these matters previously - and I sought to help you understand that one wasnt being flippant.

It's a pleasure to learn that you have been around.
Nonetheless I doubt there is anything further we may convince one another of, and save a few unnecessary unpleasant barbs, its been a pleasure.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by KnownUnknown: 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2021
DeepSight:

Fair enough, thank you.
Save to repeat that as I have said before - I accept evolution even if I question parts of the theory of evolution. And continuous questioning ought to be the stuff of science but these days you will find that questioning the theory of evolution is almost deemed a taboo. Let me extract a part of an old article I wrote -

[i] "The Theory of Evolution is not something that I dismiss at a personal level, nevertheless, within the scientific academic community, I cannot help seeing the same phenomenon play itself out: Evolution is scientific orthodoxy in today’s world and any scientist who conducts any research, writes any paper or expresses any opinion contrary to the Theory of Evolution will quickly find himself or herself in a most perilous position with respect to his or her career. There have been professors who have seen their careers come to a crashing halt for this. This is very sad – especially because science, of all endeavors, ought to be the in the vanguard of truly free and open inquiry in all directions. However today, there is hardly any difference between the scientific community’s approach to divergent views on Evolution and the attitude of the Roman Inquisition to heresy."
Your argument is not supported by nothing but sentiments. The continuous questioning is what has afforded the theory of evolution substantial support. If a scientist writes a paper or expresses an opinion contrary to the theory, the scientist should be able to provide support for his work. Of course, some scientists’ proposed theories have been disputed in the past, but the proposed theories were later validated and adopted. Also those particular theories weren’t disputing validated theories like the anti evolution claims.

Furthermore, the scientist has to wrangle with the evidence of evolution and the practical application of the theory in various fields of endeavor.

The ostracized professors are just victims of their own ignorance. Besides, money is not lacking in this world so if your idea is sound, someone will sponsor it.
The reason these “professors” can’t advance whatever nonsense they spew is because their opposition is borne out of religious fervor.

The demented Christians in America do not lack money, but have they made any advancement with their “intelligent design” and “creationism”?

So this argument of “Roman inquisition” is unfounded.

For example, special relativity and general relativity have been validated and have been put to practical use. They help explain the world and have helped transform it, but at the end of the day, they are theories not facts. So the theories of relativity and evolution may be wrong about the facts of reality but they describe reality well enough to be useful.

DeepSight:

I don't think one needs to take a college course on evolution to be able to raise reasonable questions about evolution

I’m pretty sure I suggested doing some research on your own and/or college to answer your reasonable questions.

DeepSight:

Also, your response to me could just as well been served in response to him,, dont you think.

He got the response he deserved.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 12:35pm On Dec 24, 2021
KnownUnknown:

The ostracized professors are just victims of their own ignorance.

Are you sure you have taken the time to examine some of the counter arguments made, while you recommend college to others?
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by KnownUnknown: 12:38pm On Dec 24, 2021
DeepSight:

Are you sure you have taken the time to examine some of the counter arguments made, while you recommend college to others?

Have you taken time to examine the evidence and practical application while raising your “reasonable questions”?
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Have you taken time to examine the evidence and practical application while raising your “reasonable questions”?

If I hadnt, I would not say that overall, I accept the theory.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by KnownUnknown: 12:50pm On Dec 24, 2021
DeepSight:

If I hadnt, I would not say that overall, I accept the theory.

Congratulations
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Congratulations

Have you given thought to the evolution of the sexes and sexual reproduction, for example?
Just curious.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by KnownUnknown: 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2021
DeepSight:

Have you given thought to the evolution of the sexes and sexual reproduction, for example?
Just curious.

What about them?
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 1:56pm On Dec 24, 2021
KnownUnknown:

What about them?

I doubt the Theory of Evolution can account for them, and once raised several posers in that regard -

https://www.nairaland.com/1571602/evolution-sexes-sexxual-reproduction#20521482

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by KnownUnknown: 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2021
DeepSight:

I doubt the Theory of Evolution can account for them, and once raised several posers in that regard -

https://www.nairaland.com/1571602/evolution-sexes-sexxual-reproduction#20521482

Some of your questions are about abiogenesis and others about evolution. All questions that can be or have been answered to your satisfaction or dissatisfaction as research continues. I mean, you must have made some discoveries since 2013 about work on the subjects.

You can’t discuss the questions about sex independent of the theory of evolution, so why do you think it can’t account for them other than your incredulity. As for the professors who argue against evolution, has their research provided any clues about this matter?

The “why” questions such as “Why is life self replicating at all? What accounts for this?” have no discernible answers.

Maybe life replicates because that’s one of the myriad things that happen. Maybe life is just a stage in the decay of a solar system. Hell, if it didn’t replicate, we wouldn’t exist to ask why.

Anyway, you do have an answer for the “why” already, which maybe influencing your incredulity.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 3:02pm On Dec 24, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Some of your questions are about abiogenesis and others about evolution. All questions that can be or have been answered to your satisfaction or dissatisfaction as research continues. I mean, you must have made some discoveries since 2013 about work on the subjects.

You can’t discuss the questions about sex independent of the theory of evolution, so why do you think it can’t account for them other than your incredulity. As for the professors who argue against evolution, has their research provided any clues about this matter?

The “why” questions such as “Why is life self replicating at all? What accounts for this?” have no discernible answers.

Maybe life replicates because that’s one of the myriad things that happen. Maybe life is just a stage in the decay of a solar system. Hell, if it didn’t replicate, we wouldn’t exist to ask why.

Anyway, you do have an answer for the “why” already, which maybe influencing your incredulity.

Looks like you only took a cursory glance at some of those questions.
Anyway, it doesn't matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

25 Normal Things The Bible Forbids But We Still Do / Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? / Most Interesting Bible Verses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.