Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc (331 Views)

Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises / Learn How To Convert Your Animal Waste To Electricity And Cooking Gas With 2k. / They Shutdown Ibeto Cement Owned By Igbo Man For Dangote To Dominate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by crafteck(m): 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2021
I will likely close my restaurant because of the phcn issue, just 9 to 9, they cant provide, if at all, i get 3 hours of half current daily which we still use gen for microwave, i spend about 11k on diesel {30 litres), i only used ac on sunday evening when i have shows yet these PEOPLE brought a bill of 58k,i paid 30 when they came around, before i paid it, i told the marketer with them "even though im not at the shop with you guys i can tell you 2 things,
number 1 gen must be running,
Number 2 there wont be more than 3 customers there" and i was right, she was speechless ,if they do the same next month, it would be 28 left over plus 58k,i will shut down, lay off workers, leave this country and go work in a warehouse or something im the uk, we are barely getting by as the price of food is so high, we had to increase prices hence, not a lot of customers on the mainland can afford. Cooking gas prices have more than doubled in less than a year, people now see meal of #1, 500 as luxury. Next months bill might be the nail in the coffin.

Funny thing is, it took about 15m for 2yrs rent, 45kva, 17kva gen etc. The economy in the past 1 year has been horrible, as in worse than the past, not that it was ever that good, anti people policies, insecurity etc.

1 Like

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by crafteck(m): 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2021
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Hashabiah: 2:09pm On Dec 19, 2021
This country is just getting crazier by the day . If not for God ,many of us would have given up because of Buhari's insensitive policies towards the citizens
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by stevolinkon40: 2:10pm On Dec 19, 2021
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by falcon01: 2:14pm On Dec 19, 2021
The annoying part is not even the cost of electricity, its the fact that you don't get the electricity.
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by GabrielYulaw(m): 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hello @Crafteck! Perhaps you should invest in solar.
Yes, the initial costs are high, but in a business like yours, a solar system will pay for itself in 5 months or less. Consider what you spend on diesel daily, plus PHCN bills and use it to get a solar system that will comfortably power everything in your shop. The peace of mind you will get no be for here grin

(1) (Reply)

Inside Teamapt: How An Upstart Overturned Competition To Dominate Agency Banking / Uber Rejecting My Documents / Insiders Revealed Why Cubana's Friend Was Picked Up By DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.