Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business (1945 Views)

Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc / Oyo State Govt. Shutdown Six Betting Centers For Encouraging Underage Betting / Bet9a Superagents Threatening To Shutdown My Bet9a Agent Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by crafteck(m): 8:08pm On Dec 19, 2021
I will likely close my restaurant because of the phcn issue, just 9 to 9, they cant provide, if at all, i get 3 hours of half current daily which we still use gen for microwave, i spend about 11k on diesel {30 litres), i only used ac on sunday evening when i have shows yet these PEOPLE brought a bill of 58k,i paid 30 when they came around, before i paid it, i told the marketer with them "even though im not at the shop with you guys i can tell you 2 things,
number 1 gen must be running,
Number 2 there wont be more than 3 customers there" and i was right, she was speechless ,if they do the same next month, it would be 28 left over plus 58k,i will shut down, lay off workers, leave this country and go work in a warehouse or something im the uk, we are barely getting by as the price of food is so high, we had to increase prices hence, not a lot of customers on the mainland can afford. Cooking gas prices have more than doubled in less than a year, people now see meal of #1, 500 as luxury. Next months bill might be the nail in the coffin.

Funny thing is, it took about 15m for 2yrs rent, 45kva, 17kva gen etc. The economy in the past 1 year has been horrible, as in worse than the past, not that it was ever that good, anti people policies, insecurity etc.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by TarOrfeeek: 8:18pm On Dec 19, 2021
Buhari will handle security

Osibande will handle Economy

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by ShopNextDoor: 8:24pm On Dec 19, 2021
crafteck:

I will likely close my restaurant because of the phcn issue, just 9 to 9, they cant provide, if at all, i get 3 hours of half current daily which we still use gen for microwave, i spend about 11k on diesel {30 litres), i only used ac on sunday evening when i have shows yet these PEOPLE brought a bill of 58k,i paid 30 when they came around, before i paid it, i told the marketer with them "even though im not at the shop with you guys i can tell you 2 things,
Number 2 there wont be more than 3 customers there" and i was right, she was speechless ,if they do the same next month, it would be 28 left over plus 58k,i will shut down, lay off workers, leave this country and go work in a warehouse or something im the uk, we are barely getting by as the price of food is so high, we had to increase prices hence, not a lot of customers on the mainland can afford. Cooking gas prices have more than doubled in less than a year, people now see meal of #1, 500 as luxury. Next months bill might be the nail in the coffin.

Funny thing is, it took about 15m for 2yrs rent, 45kva, 17kva gen etc. The economy in the past 1 year has been horrible, as in worse than the past, not that it was ever that good, anti people policies, insecurity etc.

Hmmm.
We do not have a country any longer.
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by dawnomike(m): 8:41pm On Dec 19, 2021
I can imagine what you are going through in your business...
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by Healthrelatedjo: 9:05pm On Dec 19, 2021
This is so disheartening,I am planning towards starting something like this next year,and to be very honest with u,this light issue is not encouraging at all.How person wan dey take preserve things like this? cry
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by lilsmart(m): 9:15pm On Dec 19, 2021
I’m currently going through the same thing in my restaurant in minna. Can you imagine the useless phcn brought a bill of over 100k and we barely have light. They’ll bring light for just 6hr in one week �.
crafteck:

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by Crafteck1: 9:30pm On Dec 19, 2021
lilsmart:
I’m currently going through the same thing in my restaurant in minna. Can you imagine the useless phcn brought a bill of over 100k and we barely have light. They’ll bring light for just 6hr in one week �.

Maybe we go leave the country for people wey get am

1 Like

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by lilsmart(m): 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2021
The country must just find one way to pull you down
Crafteck1:

Maybe we go leave the country for people wey get am
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by majesticguy: 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2021
crafteck:

Hmm, it's quite disheartening. Have you considered solar?? Is there any chance it might
serve you better than Phcn & gen.
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by Crafteck1: 7:59am On Dec 21, 2021
majesticguy:

Hmm, it's quite disheartening. Have you considered solar?? Is there any chance it might
serve you better than Phcn & gen.

Considering it but solar isnt for microwave, ac, etc.
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by majesticguy: 11:43am On Dec 21, 2021
Crafteck1:

Well, the AC is not really a problem since you make use of it once a week. You could run it on diesel on Sundays while you make use of solar for the rest of the weekdays.

The main problem lies with the microwave. You could get a medium sized gen and use it exclusively for the microwave.

Why do you guys even pay exorbitant Phcn bills when they barely give you light. Honestly, those Phcn folks lacks conscience. Left to me, I'd tell them to come disconnect their light. I can't pay for what I don't derive maximum satisfaction from.

3 Likes

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by Crafteck1: 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2021
majesticguy:

Well, the AC is not really a problem since you make use of it once a week. You could run it on diesel on Sundays while you make use of solar for the rest of the weekdays.

The main problem lies with the microwave. You could get a medium sized gen and use it exclusively for the microwave.

Why do you guys even pay exorbitant Phcn bills when they barely give you light. Honestly, those Phcn folks lacks conscience. Left to me, I'd tell them to come disconnect their light. I can't pay for what I don't derive maximum satisfaction from.

Considering it, the next bill will determine a lot of things
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by NWABUKA007(m): 8:18am On Dec 25, 2021
Crafteck1:

I guess solar microwave are available
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by Crafteck1: 9:00am On Dec 25, 2021
NWABUKA007:

I guess solar microwave are available

Anything thats meant to produce heat or cooling is energy intensive

1 Like

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by KingAzubuike(f): 8:30pm On Jan 01, 2022
lilsmart:
Eeyah
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by telim: 1:28pm On Jan 04, 2022
Why not optin for solar? Though expensive to setup but It pays for itself in the long run. In my own office I use 20x 300 watt solar panel, 10kva inverter with 20 x 220 ah batteries.
The system was designed to power
0.5 horse power water pumping machine
2 x 2 horse power inverter AC
1/4 horse power acquarium chiller
7 brand new all in 1 pc from hp and lenovo
1 fridge
All energy saving bulbs.

Total cost was about 7million naira

The system as being working perfectly for weeks now without any issue, we have 20kva back up generator strictly for charging the batteries whenever there is less sunshine. We rearly use the gen for now.

2 Likes

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by crafteck(m): 7:47am On Jan 07, 2022
telim:
Why not optin for solar? Though expensive to setup but It pays for itself in the long run. In my own office I use 20x 300 watt solar panel, 10kva inverter with 20 x 220 ah batteries.
1 fridge
All energy saving bulbs.

The system as being working perfectly for weeks now without any issue, we have 20kva back up generator strictly for charging the batteries whenever there is less sunshine. We rearly use the gen for now.

Investing this in a building where i pay rent is dangerous, landlord wey fit because of that double my rent, or decide his children want to use the place

3 Likes

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by AyarmBoye(m): 11:14am On Jan 07, 2022
telim:
1 fridge
All energy saving bulbs.

best of the building is yours....

1 Like

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by Dawn91(m): 5:20am On Feb 21, 2022
crafteck:

Investing this in a building where i pay rent is dangerous, landlord wey fit because of that double my rent, or decide his children want to use the place

Hey bro what's up? Meanwhile I need to speak with you . Will you sell me one of your 17 inch gtx super laptops I need one not too expensive but strong and not too burnt out by mining.

Let's reason okay
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by Dawn91(m): 11:12am On Feb 22, 2022
crafteck:

So you my gee want to follow the likes of Femi, obasa and co and leave me.in Nigeria? Foni sef has gone ... Omo at this rate I .going back abroad and this time I may never set foot.here again ...I have already regrets coming back badly but have been trying to stay optimistic

1 Like

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by crafteck(m): 11:43am On Mar 06, 2022
Dawn91:

Hey bro what's up? Meanwhile I need to speak with you . Will you sell me one of your 17 inch gtx super laptops I need one not too expensive but strong and not too burnt out by mining.

Let's reason okay

No problem, msi 2080s,it has full phat desktop processor

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by crafteck(m): 11:44am On Mar 06, 2022
Dawn91:

So you my gee want to follow the likes of Femi, obasa and co and leave me.in Nigeria? Foni sef has gone ... Omo at this rate I .going back abroad and this time I may never set foot.here again ...I have already regrets coming back badly but have been trying to stay optimistic

Run ooo
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by Nobody: 4:35am On Mar 09, 2022
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 09, 2022
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by PharoahIII: 4:00am On Aug 03, 2022
[/color]
crafteck:

[color=#006600]

@crafteck abeg you fit drop ur digit make we reason biz
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 11, 2022
Can I get pls get a gaming laptop from you with
gtx 1070 8gb dedicated Nvidea graphics. A new one costs too much.
grin
Check DM pls
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 12, 2022
People wey get money dey complain. We wey no get money nko. Abeg before u leave me japa. Dash me something. I fit manage anything. This country don destroy many things. Imagine the leaders less concern and stealing more. Crafteck i serious. Dash me something or u fit put my name as ur pet. Lets Japa

1 Like

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business by crafteck(m): 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
Billybe1:
People wey get money dey complain. We wey no get money nko. Abeg before u leave me japa. Dash me something. I fit manage anything. This country don destroy many things. Imagine the leaders less concern and stealing more. Crafteck i serious. Dash me something or u fit put my name as ur pet. Lets Japa

grin

(1) (Reply)

Help Me I Need To Download Grand Theft Auto Game / PS4 Games Exchange In Lagos / Play Station 3 For Sale...SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.