Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Overfilled Transmission Fluid - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Overfilled Transmission Fluid (549 Views)

Fluid Specs Q & A Thread / Toyota Ws Transmission Fluid From Usa / Changing Transmission Fluid On 2013 Honda Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overfilled Transmission Fluid by babatee1985(m): 1:19am On Dec 20, 2021
Dear nairalanders, I gave my car to a gear expert to help me service the gear by changing the oil. I bought the gear oil myself and he did the oil change. Nothing bad happened to the gear but I noticed yesterday that the gear is not selecting again. It is engaging and moving but not just changing from gear one. I checked the guage dipstick and I discovered that the oil has passed the normal full level on the dipstick. Can this cause the gear not to be selecting again?
Re: Overfilled Transmission Fluid by osato45: 2:53am On Dec 20, 2021
babatee1985:
Dear nairalanders, I gave my car to a gear expert to help me service the gear by changing the oil. I bought the gear oil myself and he did the oil change. Nothing bad happened to the gear but I noticed yesterday that the gear is not selecting again. It is engaging and moving but not just changing from gear one. I checked the guage dipstick and I discovered that the oil has passed the normal full level on the dipstick. Can this cause the gear not to be selecting again?

Which car type do you drive and what oil did you buy?

Secondly if there is a fault as stated above, you would need to run a diagnostic scan with a car scanner and post the codes here or in the appropriate threads in car talk forum
Re: Overfilled Transmission Fluid by Dozieson(m): 5:33am On Dec 20, 2021
babatee1985:

Questions for you?

1. Why did you change your gear oil?
2. Which car are you using?
3. Which gear oil did you buy?
4. How did you guage your gear oil?
5. Were you there when he changed the oil?
6. When did he change the oil and how long did it take you to notice the fault?
7. Is there any check engine light on your car? Kindly scan and share code if any.
8. Did he also clean the gear filter?

Note: for you to know the actual level of TX oil in your car, the car should be running while on park.
Re: Overfilled Transmission Fluid by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 20, 2021
Chairman, if you don't want your gear box to stop working, quickly take your car to a technician and ask him to reduce the transmission oil. If the transmission oil is above the full level on the gauge your gear will give you all sorts of problems.[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Range Rover / Spider 07. 1.8m Portharcourt 08163157823 / Abuja Range Rover Mechanic needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.