Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career (12151 Views)

Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm / INEC Chairman Yakubu Was Nominated By Tinubu Camp; He Worked With Wike – Amaechi / Wike & Amaechi Exchange Words At The Burial Of Adolphus Karibi -Whyte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by gentleguy1975: 6:23am On Dec 20, 2021
How Amaechi tried to truncate my political career, worked against my confirmation as minister – Wike
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has recalled the battles he fought in his political career leading to his emergence as a local government chairman, minister and eventually as governor.

Speaking at the first convocation ceremony of the PAMO University of Medical Sciences over the weekend, the governor narrated how he was fought to the Supreme Court to secure his ticket as the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for Obio Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers state after attempts were made to deny him the ticket at the time when Uche Secondus was the state chairman of the party.

The governor also recalled that the primaries for the election were cancelled three times before his eventual victory.

“To become the chairman of Obio-Akpor Local Government Council, I had to fight and fight up to Supreme Court to recover my right to contest the election under the ticket of People’s Democratic Party which I was denied by the powers that be after I had resoundingly won the primary.

“Again I had to surpass three cancellations and repeated party primaries for me to earn the returned ticket as chairman under the former National Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party, Prince Uche Secondus,” he said.

Governor Wike also alleged that the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Ameachi, who had nominated him for appointment as minister worked so hard to truncate his confirmation by the National Assembly.

“He, therefore, worked twice as hard behind the scene to truncate my confirmation by the Nigerian Senate but failed because God said otherwise,” he revealed.

Wike further recalled the fight between him and his predecessor who he said was against his governorship ambition.

“And when he noticed my mission to succeed him as the governor of Rivers State, he immediately drew the battle line and vowed that I could only succeed him over his dead body. Our contest was intense ultimately I won and prevailed over them”.

“I wouldn’t have wished anyone dead for my political ambition, I wanted him to live to see the glory of the Lord in my life and how God will use me in advancing the development of the state and the nation as Governor of Rivers State,” he added.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/12/19/how-amaechi-tried-to-truncate-my-political-career-worked-against-my-confirmation-as-minister-wike/

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by Aufbauh(m): 6:24am On Dec 20, 2021
Woke is sounding like an ungrateful soul.
The same person who gave you the opportunity to served him as a Chief of staffs & nominated you for ministerial slot from the state should be regarded as your benefactor.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by 3gpvids: 6:34am On Dec 20, 2021
Obsess man...
too much cho cho cho

noise upandan

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by obami007(m): 6:34am On Dec 20, 2021
I am sure they will settle one day

3 Likes

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by Nwodosis(m): 6:36am On Dec 20, 2021
Aufbauh:
The same person who gave you the opportunity to served him as a Chief of staffs & nominated you for ministerial slot from the state should be regarded as your benefactor.

Just as Bubu will handover to Tinubu as a grateful man.

3 Likes

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by Ahmed0336(m): 6:44am On Dec 20, 2021
Pesin wey Ameachi no send dey kill himself over Rotimi matta.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by JAMO84: 6:57am On Dec 20, 2021
Typical PDP Dundee, always illogical.

He nominated you and immediately began working against your confirmation!

Wike must think everyone's brain has been looted by his Poverty Development Party.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by Bleiz(m): 7:02am On Dec 20, 2021
Emperor Wike!!!

We are not all dullards.

You mean that Amaechi nominated you for a ministerial appointment and then worked to truncate your appointment?

Think your words through before you talk nah

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by elmessiahs(m): 7:21am On Dec 20, 2021
One thing I can't do is to stop my fellow man in a contest, rather I will buckle my belt and lace my shoe.
Austin opara for governorship 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by younglleo: 8:24am On Dec 20, 2021
grin
Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by Maxymilliano(m): 8:24am On Dec 20, 2021
We know naa ... Rotimi Amaechi is a serial betrayer

1 Like

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by Okhuadams(m): 8:25am On Dec 20, 2021
gentleguy1975:
How Amaechi tried to truncate my political career, worked against my confirmation as minister – Wike

https://dailypost.ng/2021/12/19/how-amaechi-tried-to-truncate-my-political-career-worked-against-my-confirmation-as-minister-wike/
Abgero leave Ameachi alone

7 Likes

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 20, 2021
Noted.
Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by Gihasy4: 8:25am On Dec 20, 2021
Story for the gods
Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by dmbb: 8:26am On Dec 20, 2021
The political fight is beginning to commence
Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by phemmie06(m): 8:26am On Dec 20, 2021
Wike wiped Ameachi,
Ameachi weep for Wike wipe

1 Like

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 20, 2021
These guys are old friends right from their youthful age, they've set out to become political giants, which they achieve. I just can't comprehend why they fight each other.
This politics eh, every man for himself. No permanent friend,no permanent enemy.

I won't be surprised if at the end of their days, they'll celebrate how they both control rivers state one from PDP and other from APC. Actually these guys own the state.

2 Likes

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by Charmingrascal(m): 8:26am On Dec 20, 2021
Amaechi gives you relevance

6 Likes

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by Ofunaofu: 8:26am On Dec 20, 2021
The lion of ubima is living rent free in wike's modula oblongata

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by hisexcellency34: 8:26am On Dec 20, 2021
The way you are also truncating others

2 Likes

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by Aloof: 8:26am On Dec 20, 2021
If I see wike, I see cultism raise to power 5 and I don't know why grin

9 Likes

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by ruggedtimi(m): 8:28am On Dec 20, 2021
You wanted him to live! Like you had an option to eliminate him.smh

1 Like

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 20, 2021
Ebubedike 1 of Nigeria, the great warlord of Rivers State, the Savior and defender of Ikwerre land I salute you my Excellency Barr, Nyesom Ezebunwo Wike...

1 Like

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by Passionate888: 8:29am On Dec 20, 2021
Where's Awara sef?

1 Like

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by Awoo88: 8:30am On Dec 20, 2021
Aufbauh:
No dey talk like say you know when you no know. Wike was the reason Ameachi was governor in the first place.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by desiredhome: 8:30am On Dec 20, 2021
W
Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by freshvine(f): 8:30am On Dec 20, 2021
Aufbauh:

Who made Amaechi governor?

3 Likes

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by ogmask: 8:31am On Dec 20, 2021
The only thing ameachi did, which in my opinion was right, was when he said the next gov should come from the riverine. What wike said is a slap on the face of the wetland area of rivers state. Amaechi did not fight a personal fight rather he fought for equity.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career by RichDad1(m): 8:32am On Dec 20, 2021
Funniest thing is, Amaechi will never respond to this power drunk Wike.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ngige: I Rejected Money To Accept Uba’s Victory In APC Primary / Oshiomhole, Tinubu, APC Chieftains Land In Benue For APC Presidential Rally / The Fall Of Erastus Akingbola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.