Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

How Did You Hear About Nairaland ? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Hear About Nairaland ? (251 Views)

How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? / How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? / How Do You Want Your Enemies To Cry When They Hear About Your Success!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Hear About Nairaland ? by Jonah507(m): 9:18am On Dec 20, 2021
Nairaland is unarguably one of the biggest platforms, not only in Nigeria but also Africa. Now tell us how you got to know about this platform.

Let me start it first.

In my university days, there was a day we went for "job awareness" blabla...
Then the motivational speaker told us how important connection and information could ease our search for job after our education. Nairaland was one of the best platforms to get the two, according to him.

Na so I begin Google the name upanda.

The story didn't end there. When I finally created an account, creating a thread became a nightmare until someone here put me through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Hear About Nairaland ? by Bigredmachine: 9:22am On Dec 20, 2021
Re: How Did You Hear About Nairaland ? by jumper524(m): 9:50am On Dec 20, 2021
I don't know how I arrived here at nairn land oo. but my early experience was that I enjoyed forums like naija loaded, and the rest I've forgotten their names. I'm always interested in any forum like websites where people comments and make posts.
my early interest in nairaland was 2013 or 14.
there was a tread where I saw bokoharam begging Nigeria govt to please forgive them. I think the military went hard on them that period. the comments excited me and more.
also I do come here to read phyno ghost mode lyrics. I think someone in this forum first posted the lyrics meaning in English.
if you Google it, you'll see. 2014 was the eve year to election that's when my interest grew for this forum, I never really liked Jonathan govt. or should I say just like an average young guy I don't really understand Nigeria politics then just that people around me hated Jonathan and I followed. beside with the constant bokoharam killings then and bomblast, how could I?
but this forum grew my political knowledge and I was made to understand that oil prices is a major decider in Nigeria economy. late 2014, oil price dipped to 50dollar per barrel and economist were predicting doom. considering widespread report of Jonathan mismanagement as at then I became scared of the future of Nigeria. I could remember vividly the fall in oil price back then to 50dollar made bag of rice in Abuja that December 12k per bag and people were complaining, if only we knew what buhari had in stock for us. oil price deep and failing reserves was the reason I still stood by buhari despite the recession in 2016. I knew Jonathan had poor savings. but as it stands, buhari has broken all records of incompetence. and his economic advisers are very insensitive. I honestly can't wait for him to leave power come 2023.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Hear About Nairaland ? by tsdarkside(m): 9:58am On Dec 20, 2021
i dont remember exactly either....
Re: How Did You Hear About Nairaland ? by tsdarkside(m): 9:59am On Dec 20, 2021
jumper524:
I don't know how I arrived here at nairn land oo. but my early experience was that I enjoyed forums like naija loaded, and the rest I've forgotten their names. I'm always interested in any forum like websites where people comments and make posts.
there was a tread where I saw bokoharam begging Nigeria govt to please forgive them. I think the military went hard on them that period. the comments excited me and more.
also I do come here to read phyno ghost mode lyrics. I think someone in this forum first posted the lyrics meaning in English.
if you Google it, you'll see. 2014 was the eve year to election that's when my interest grew for this forum, I never really liked Jonathan govt. or should I say just like an average young guy I don't really understand Nigeria politics then just that people around me hated Jonathan and I followed. beside with the constant bokoharam killings then and bomblast, how could I?
but this forum grew my political knowledge and I was made to understand that oil prices is a major decider in Nigeria economy. late 2014, oil price dipped to 50dollar per barrel and economist were predicting doom. considering widespread report of Jonathan mismanagement as at then I became scared of the future of Nigeria. I could remember vividly the fall in oil price back then to 50dollar made bag of rice in Abuja that December 12k per bag and people were complaining, if only we knew what buhari had in stock for us. oil price deep and failing reserves was the reason I still stood by buhari despite the recession in 2016. I knew Jonathan had poor savings. but as it stands, buhari has broken all records of incompetence. and his economic advisers are very insensitive. I honestly can't wait for him to leave power come 2023.

true true....i remember i googled something nigeria....
Re: How Did You Hear About Nairaland ? by Jonah507(m): 10:00am On Dec 20, 2021
jumper524:

You don tey for the game b dat.
Re: How Did You Hear About Nairaland ? by jumper524(m): 10:08am On Dec 20, 2021
Jonah507:

You don tey for the game b dat.
ah my brother na now mesef realise oo. but we still get old legends when we dey respect too.
nairaland is not what it used to be, the comments then we're very matured and tribalism was at it minimum.
to comment sef dey fear me those days as one can't help but admire the level of intelligence in the forum.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Some Nigerian Newspaper Headlines 19/01/2022. / Swedish Scholarship Review / 2014 Chevrolet Sonic LT For Sale - Smart Chevrolet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.