Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out (38892 Views)

Black Soot In Rivers: My Nose Looks Like Exhaust & Charcoal (Pictures) / This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) / Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by optimistD(m): 10:32am On Dec 20, 2021
See the soles of my 2years old son. The room was mopped a night before the morning this pictures were taken. He never came outside or to the veranda.

We live in Port Harcourt and this is our condition of living. The government is not doing enough. The ministry of health and environment don’t seem to exist here. We are celebrating flyovers, which is not bad, but are they not built for these humans that have been left to their fate to die? Hm!

Everyone is coughing here.

65 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by psucc(m): 10:43am On Dec 20, 2021
That is the problem with nigeria. Se nevera act on Time. Those in authority Will wait until it has reached the climax años the they start setting up Committees.

83 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by shawante(m): 10:56am On Dec 20, 2021
I think you guys should try wearing nose mask regularly.. At least it will reduce the rate at which you guys inhale the soot.

Cuz too much inhaling of that soot of a thing could cause lung cancer in the long run

203 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by malcom1X: 11:02am On Dec 20, 2021
How much did they pay you for this. Maybe you all are not demanding enough.

Edited: The indigenes of port Harcourt get paid lots of money for all these pollution thing. If you are from Port Harcourt it means you've been paid a certain amount of money for this pollution.

So my question is how much did they pay you?
Were you not paid?
Did you not collect the money? Why are you now crying.

This is what i meant that you aren't demanding enough from the FG.

I forgive those who misunderstood me. I believe the op knows what I'm talking about but feigning ignorance.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by optimistD(m): 11:32am On Dec 20, 2021
malcom1X:
pay us how?

141 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by optimistD(m): 11:34am On Dec 20, 2021
shawante:
I think you guys should try wearing nose mask regularly.. At least it will reduce the rate at which you guys inhale the soot.

Cuz too much inhaling of that soot of a thing could cause lung cancer in the long run
Will the kids also wear them? And for how long? We try to but we won’t sleep with mask.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by BlackXabbath(m): 11:48am On Dec 20, 2021
malcom1X:
Are you ok at all?

Op, I can only imagine the state of the fabric materials in your household (curtains, bedspreads, wears). Let's not even talk about the health challenge this phenomenon poses.

It's well.

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Harrykn: 11:49am On Dec 20, 2021
Nah wa ooo...
This is what people breath in and out every day

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 12:17pm On Dec 20, 2021
optimistD:
See the soles of my 2years old son. The room was mopped a night before the morning this pictures were taken. He never came outside or to the veranda.

We live in Port Harcourt and this is our condition of living. The government is not doing enough. The ministry of health and environment don’t seem to exist here. We are celebrating flyovers, which is not bad, but are they not built for these humans that have been left to their fate to die? Hm!

Everyone is coughing here.
Relocate for your health sake. Don't wait for any government

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by JOACHINpedro: 12:25pm On Dec 20, 2021
I'm more concerned about the impotency it will render men.
My prayers are with you guys

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Omniman(m): 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2021
shocked
Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by DroppingLiquid: 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2021
“…even the army is involved”

-Wike.

That was when I gave up on this black soot stuff.

You guys are done for.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by ikorodureporta: 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2021
Na oil una dey smoke now...

So many illegal refineries burning up fuel in the creeks is the cause.
I don't think the govt. can do anything about it. People wey never fit stop gas flaring

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Mykelslim: 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2021
I live in PH. I called professional cleaners to tidy up the whole place when I thought I didn't do enough clean myself. The black sooth is still everywhere after a day.

A sneeze in a clean white handkerchief will show you the kind of bad air we inhale here.

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by blamingthedevil: 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2021
Always cover your whole body
Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by AliyuMahdi9: 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2021
I hope you guys in PH are using Masks, this soot is worse than Covid19

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by 900warriorz: 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2021
Burna Boy, here is where your voice is needed most oo...come and lend it, your people are dying. Give them the awareness they need to fight the evil of the Government in your state and at Federal levels grin

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by NewDelhi(m): 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2021
Just pack your luggages , port to another state , start a new life there ..and stop complaining.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Kellibae(f): 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2021
malcom1X:
Seriously..Did this comment come from ur brain or anus pls? angry
The brain of an average Nigerian youth have been messed up, no thanks to poor education and nepotism sad
Some1 reported an issue like this that seems very dangerous and all u could ask is how much they paid to him WTF.
U mean u need to be paid before u figure out what could kill u.. undecided

Let me force myself to believe that a goat typed this some how and not a human

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by loadedvibes: 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2021
Lol.. na the same portharcourt when people no dey let us hear word..

4 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Romanoff(f): 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2021
I read somewhere that it can cause infertility in men.

8 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by macaranta(m): 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2021
It's sad that a few greedy people are making profit at the detriment of the health of the city's inhabitants. embarassed

12 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Factfinder1(m): 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2021
This should be as a result of illegal refining of petroleum products

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by freshkpomo(m): 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2021

We nor go gree o we nor go gree... Is needed here.

Or

All we are saying, stop killing us with soooooot.

5 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by condralbedez: 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2021
Wear your Nose mask often please,this might cause serious health issue when inhale much of it.

3 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Healthybiz: 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2021
smiley
Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by tgmservice: 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2021
Na normal thing na

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by PlaysNigeria: 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2021
Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2021
Who else doesn't know what black soot is cheesy
Comrades pls signify let's know eachother

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE / COVID-19 Patient Dies In Commercial Bus In Niger / How Do I Boost My Immune System?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.