Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad (28939 Views)

"My Wife Walked Out Of This Accident Without A Single Scratch" / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Is Going To Cyprus Worth Quiting My Job For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by xalex77c: 11:58am On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:
I'm a federal civil servant, wife just got a job in the UK as a nurse. This has been our plan, although she initiated the idea which I supported especially bcuz of our kids. As the time is getting closer I'm developing some cold feet, but eventually I'm sure I will move. Don't really know if leaving my civil service job and farming business is a good idea, I don't really have an Abroad game plan yet.
You want to depend on a women that's not your mother or sister?? Goodluck with that... I shaa see your wife losing every iota of respect she has for you when you aren't able to hit the ground running instantly or your new jobs pays lower than hers (which will obviously be the case) and you being treated like a houseboy... no be woman??

We've all seen these things happen and the end is always the same

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by AutoBodyParts(m): 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2021
Jesus Christ what people are praying for and you get it on a gold plater you come dey dey second thoughts

1 Like

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Olavenza(m): 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:
I'm a federal civil servant, wife just got a job in the UK as a nurse. This has been our plan, although she initiated the idea which I supported especially bcuz of our kids. As the time is getting closer I'm developing some cold feet, but eventually I'm sure I will move. Don't really know if leaving my civil service job and farming business is a good idea, I don't really have an Abroad game plan yet.

Bro! Pray and seek the will of God. You don't have to be in U.K to be Ok.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by valves: 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2021
Jondelng:
Sir, please don't leave without getting a good plan. I am presently in the UK and I am talking from experience.
Your wife can be there and you can visit anytime.

You can take leave and go to find a befitting job, if not stay till you get a befitting job.

Hello bro. I'm about doing the same thing too, but I find your comment interesting cos you're speaking from experience. Pls can you tell a little bit more about your story ?

2 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by AnthonyAnderson: 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2021
I guess you close to 40 or over 40....Why not start with visits first. Then you know if it is what you want to do for the rest of your life.

There are a lot of opportunities here in Nigeria. This land is blessed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by SavageResponse(m): 12:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
Make sure you have a good plan before you go there, if not your wife will turn you to houseboy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by AbijaJ: 12:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:

Guy, even if you will go, make sure you have plans for yourself and not be totally dependent on your wife, else it will end in tears for you. Women call the shots abroad o (speaking from experience). And unless your wife is really strong and grounded, abroad has a way of changing women, especially for the worse. In any case, good luck.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by freshboi88: 12:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
Must u quit your job. Are u not a federal civil servant? What happen to taking study leave for 2 years and go there while still keeping your job here. So if things no go according to plan u know u have somewhere to fall back to.

Remember a bird at hand is better than 20 in the bush

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Agricmoney(m): 12:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
it's a welcomed idea.just have a reputable and trusted person to take care of your farm while the other work, you tell them of your intentions on time to get your full benefits. But be sure it's a 100% thing before finally quiting the job

Anyway, Agriculture is life
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by tuboi: 12:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
Bro, pls move and you will not regret it….the world is on default mood cos of the pandemic…Don’t let people deceive you….Go with the mindset of making it over there and not depending on your wife…Also prevent her from associating with feminist, divorcée and people who would want to westernize her…God bless you…..

3 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by airsaylongcome: 12:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
uthlaw:
please, which skills someone can learn before coming to UK!

What's your current job?
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Frigga13: 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2021
Bros
Na beg I beg..
No quit your job
No leave your farm

No reason your wife job..

Take a leave..
Look for someone to manage your farm and take stock.

You will be needing it in the very nearest future .

You need something to stand with back home .. anytime . No jonze yourself believing.

9 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by HEAVEN4444: 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:
when you enter abroad and your wife becomes the breadwinner she will frustrate your life, divorce you and kick you out. but if you are a sharp man when you enter uk buy road map and study it very well, and then buy satnav and buy a car and start cabbing. this way you become an asset to your wife immediately. but if you refuse to be an asset to her just forget it and keep your job in naija. me i done talk my own sha

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Kobicove(m): 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:

Make sure you have a game plan before you leave certainty for uncertainty undecided

1 Like

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by sisisioge: 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2021
Biko leave o....just leave jejely. You will surely find a better job there so long as you can get your papers right. You shouldnt even have doubts about discontinuing in this country compared to moving to the UK. May God open doors for all of us.

1 Like

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by iamdapsyj(m): 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:

It's normal to have that cold feet especially when you want to immigrate to another new environment.

My cousin have the same situation with you. His wife moved to the UK as a nurse and a year later my cousin ( who was s a civil servant as well) and their two kids joined her.

My cousin is doing part time HCA because of the kids and also planning some other stuff ( he just got a car probably for cabbing)....

So don't fret bro....

2 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by BarrElChapo(m): 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:

Well this will be a good test to know if you married a 'good girl'... wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by bobbybrown007: 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2021
My boss, go there abeg, find someone to head your farm work
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Tadeus(m): 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:

Thanks very much everyone. I'm still consulting with friends and family, someone suggested I take a study leave from my job instead of resigning outrightly. My wife is a good woman, otherwise I wouldn't entertain the idea at all.

It's simple, apply for leave and go search for reasonable job over there first. Please don't quit your job yet
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by saydfact(m): 12:04pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:

Don't leave your job, apply for sabbatical and come back after a year... You can do on and off until you're able to compare both places in real life experience. Your wife and kids can be permanent residence.

Goodluck
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by airsaylongcome: 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2021
xalex77c:
You want to depend on a women that's not your mother or sister?? Goodluck with that... I shaa see your wife losing every iota of respect she has for you when you aren't able to hit the ground running instantly or your new jobs pays lower than hers (which will obviously be the case) and you being treated like a houseboy... no be woman

We've all seen these things happen and the end is always the same

Even your sister sef e no sure. Na only person mama dey guaranteed.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2021
You better wait until you have a game plan for the abroad level.
If what you're doing here is good enough, why relocate? Especially without any solid arrangements for a livelyhood over there yet.

Let your wife settle in properly while you still continue with your thing down here. So your wife can use that time to help you make one or two arrangements for something tangible so you don't go there and start sitting at home doing nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Waledarep(m): 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2021
Leave as early as you can and I must tell you there is nothing to fear about.
Your wife is definitely on a Tier 2 Visa and as a dependent, you can do a Full Time job as well.
You will get a very good job once you can package your CV to the UK standard.

However , the ONLY but there is for you to work on yourself and let go of the Nigerian mentality of woman doing everything at home. It’s huge compromise living here as a man because you must be with the kids at home whenever your wife is not around and same for her whenever you go for work .

She will definitely needs you to be here because of the kids and as much as I don’t know what your salary is in Nigeria, I can bet with you choosing to move down here will be a decision you will forever be grateful for.

10 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2021
If she ain't loyal, don't go anywhere or you'll become a trash can.

1 Like

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by seyz91(m): 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2021
Confirm! I like that, most people always see abroad as that easy

If one got a foothold in this country with steady income, better for family to be over there and going there to visit once in a while
Jondelng:
Sir, please don't leave without getting a good plan. I am presently in the UK and I am talking from experience.
Your wife can be there and you can visit anytime.

You can take leave and go to find a befitting job, if not stay till you get a befitting job.
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Womanizer(m): 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:

So who has been servicing your wife all this while? grin
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Lastmessenger2: 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2021
Befulfilled:
Everyone eager to leave the country
while the ones left behind are begging for unity.
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Exceed15: 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2021
Do well for yourself, kids and join your wife. Isn't getting better here.
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Testimony1988(m): 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2021
You have to think wisely.
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by seyz91(m): 12:08pm On Dec 21, 2021
Confirm!
Ahmed0336:
People varies sha. Me I no go fit quit my job, leave country just to go depend on my wife.

If you must quit your job and leave this country, better know what you're getting yourself into.

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by seyz91(m): 12:08pm On Dec 21, 2021
I tell you
Truvelisback:
Think very well b4 making ur decision. A bird at hand is worth 2 in the bush.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trailer Kills 30 Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photo) / Car Crashes Into A Bar In Abakaliki As EBSU Students Run (Graphic Pics) / Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.