Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

A Skill Might Save You Abroad Learn Something Now (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Skill Might Save You Abroad Learn Something Now (photos) (838 Views)

Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. / 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. / Why Onitsha Port And Baro Port Can't Function For Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Skill Might Save You Abroad Learn Something Now (photos) by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 21, 2021
I have been saying this and I would say it again, learn a skill like we call it in my home country "handwork", don't be fooled by people abroad always painting a nice picture especially those in America, they won't say the truth, but I would tell you the hard truth.

I never had a skill before coming to Brazil, but a guy from Senegal selling wristwatches taught me how to fix watches and I make money with it just by changing wristwatch batteries, I never dreamt of learning any skill, but that's the life you know.

Do not be shy of your skillset, if you are a mechanic you would make money, do your thing, and make your money, here is the list of what you can learn.

Cobbler

Barber

Hairdresser

Welder

Wristwatch repairer

Laptop and phone repairer*hot cake

Microwave, fridge, and washing machine repairer

TV repairer

And many others I didn't mention, the point is just having a damn skill.

Yes, we all want jobs but ask yourself what happens if they lay you off or the company shuts down? remember it is not your country. Don't allow anyone to deceive you, the global economy is affected by covid, there are no jobs anywhere(maybe in a few countries) so don't allow any agent lie to you because I don't want you to get frustrated abroad. Please make sure you are good at what you do, if you mess people's jobs up abroad they would sue you.

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2021/12/a-skill-might-save-you-abroad-learn.html?m=1

4 Likes

Re: A Skill Might Save You Abroad Learn Something Now (photos) by Nobody: 12:44am On Dec 21, 2021
Mechanic

Re: A Skill Might Save You Abroad Learn Something Now (photos) by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 21, 2021
Tv repairer

Re: A Skill Might Save You Abroad Learn Something Now (photos) by ednut1(m): 2:05am On Dec 21, 2021
Get into tech too to earn mega bucks in europe, North America and some asian country.some of the things u listed here are regulated in some countries. Barbing, bricklaying/mason, hairdressing, truck driving sells

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Skill Might Save You Abroad Learn Something Now (photos) by Hezzyluv: 3:00am On Dec 21, 2021
Learn welding. E get why
Re: A Skill Might Save You Abroad Learn Something Now (photos) by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 21, 2021
Hezzyluv:
Learn welding. E get why

Yea makes sense, especially in Brazil you can be building food trucks because they use it alot here

(1) (Reply)

Brain Drain: Uk Won't Pay Their Doctors Instead Brain Draining Nigerian Doctors / From Ketu To Toronto Canada: Relieving My Success Story / Consultants Should Be Praised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.