Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' (31223 Views)

Wizkid Gave G.O.E (god Over Everything) 20 Million / 30th Birthday: The Dollars & Naira Bobrisky Got (Video) / “send Me Dollars” – Wizkid Replies DJ Cuppy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by SeyiViral: 8:37am On Dec 21, 2021
Portable rants about the ownership of 'Zazoo Zeh,' says Poco Lee stole $2400 that Wizkid gave him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxra-vddsQE

On December 31, 2021, Nigerian artist, Portable took to his TikTok account to express displeasure at celebrated dancer, Poco Lee's involvement with his hit record, 'Zazoo Zeh.'

You will recall that a few days ago, a video of a sobbing Portable hit the internet, while he was holding the legendary Olamide, and thanking him for featuring on the hit record. When the record his Audiomack, it was doing 2,000 every 10 seconds. A lot of fans also pledged money to Poco Lee via Audiomack Supporters.

Now, Portable is mad that Poco Lee has rights to his song. On most streaming platforms, the record is credited to 'Poco Lee X Portable X Olamide.' Portable is displeased by the fact that Poco Lee's name comes first on the record, not his.

In his rant, he says that, "Poco Lee, I am the one who sees a gun but doesn't shoot. You no show love o. Shey na you get Zazoo ni? Na Olamide bless me o, but you carry my song. You don rip me now. Even if you worked on the song, why is your name first in the credits?

"Na me get Zazoo. It should be Portable X Olamide featuring Poco Lee. Are you mad or something? N*gga, respect yourself. If they talk to you, don't argue. Do normal, so you can buy a hummer o..."

He also claimed that he won't agree to the release of a video for the song.

In the end, he claimed that when Olamide brought him on stage to perform 'Zazoo Zehh' at the Livespot Festival, Wizkid sprayed him $3000, but Poco Lee only gave him $600.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/entertainment/music/portable-rants-about-about-ownership-of-zazoo-zeh-his-new-song-with-olamide-says-poco/dvkmywl.amp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by Oyiboman69: 8:39am On Dec 21, 2021
Mtcheeeew!!!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by Iamdbull: 8:41am On Dec 21, 2021
Dbull on this one!!

This portable na clown, someone should link him up with me, let me feature him and make him more popular

30 Likes

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by Dorcmass(m): 8:52am On Dec 21, 2021
is like this portable will not return good deed for poco fhar

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by Makib2020(m): 8:55am On Dec 21, 2021
Omo this one na side B of the zazu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 21, 2021
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!

This portable na clown, someone should link him up with me, let me feature him and make him more popular

You don dey do music since 10 years I never hear your song by mistake yet you won make person popular

If you really be artiste you no go even get time for NL...abi Na Chorister you be no lie o

dahgifted:
Na back up singer grin

I Tire for the guy....If we talk about Top musicians for Nigeria him no go dey first 30 pages, but yet him always dey front page for nairaland....The guy really get misplaced priorities abeg

116 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by dahgifted(m): 10:34am On Dec 21, 2021
Faller:

You don dey do music since 10 years I never hear your song by mistake yet you won make person popular

If you really be artiste you no go even get time for NL...abi Na Chorister you be no lie o
Na back up singer grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by dahgifted(m): 10:35am On Dec 21, 2021
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!

bcoz! you join technical unit for church.. you dey form musician!
Werey! grin

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by tyson98: 10:50am On Dec 21, 2021
This one wan crash him carrier just a month wey he just blow

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 21, 2021
If person don popular na to be more popular remain in Nigeria music industry just find the right person to start a fight with and before you know you don become more popular

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by Sanchez01: 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2021
Comments on this thread best capture why the political class will always ride on the masses. Portable is not out of line in any way. His approach may be crude as he is perceived to be uneducated and rough but there is no denying that Poco Lee has been milking him.

Poco Lee's name comes first while Portable and Olamide are regarded as featured acts in the song. This is not a common mistake but a well calculated attempt at profiting off someone considered to be unenlightened, ignorant and uneducated. The song was done with by Portable and Olamide but Poco Lee's name found its way to the track name. He is neither a DJ, nor an executive producer.

Royalties, awards, recognitions, and other accolades the song will get in the nearest future will all go to Poco Lee because the track name suggests he owns the song but Portable is the one getting the recognition.

The Nigerian music industry might be a 'dog eat dog' affair but this is unprecedented. The Dollar issue is of no concern to me but Poco Lee is definitely not helping this Sango act. Unfortunately, he will be kicked back to where he crawled out from but this whole charade gives an idea into how label owners and industry helpers lift artists to their doom—they make the money while they leave the fame to the artists and even control how much the artists take home.

Modified

232 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by lkillbrokehoes: 12:39pm On Dec 21, 2021
DonAlexi:
If person don popular na to be more popular remain in Nigeria music industry just find the right person to start a fight with and before you know you don become more popular
Na truth you talk, see as the guy just dey shout like tout, lol. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by aminusodiq(m): 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2021
Sanchez01:
Comments on this thread best capture why the political class will always ride on the masses. Portable is not out of line in any way. His approach may be crude as he is perceived to be uneducated and rough but there is no denying that Poco Lee has been milking him.

Poco Lee's name comes first while Portable and Olamide are regarded as featured acts in the song. This is not a common mistake but a well calculated attempt at profiting off someone considered to be unenlightened, ignorant and uneducated. The song was done with by Portable and Olamide but Poco Lee's name found its way to the track name. He is neither a DJ, nor an executive producer.

Royalties, awards, recognitions, and other accolades the song will get in the nearest future will all go to Poco Lee because the track name suggests he owns the song but Portable is the one getting the recognition.

The Nigerian music industry might be a 'dog eat dog' affair but this is unprecedented. The Dollar issue is of no concern to me but Poco Lee is definitely not helping this Sango act. Unfortunately, he will be kicked back to where he crawled out from but this whole charade gives an idea into how label owners and industry helpers lift artists to their doom—they make the money while they leave the fame to the artists and even control how much the artists take home.
brilliant submission

Portable was obviously cheated...

150 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2021
Sanchez01:

Poco Lee's name comes first while Portable and Olamide are regarded as featured acts in the song. This is not a common mistake but a well calculated attempt at profiting off someone considered to be unenlightened, ignorant and uneducated. The song was done with by Portable and Olamide but Poco Lee's name found its way to the track name. He is neither a DJ, nor an executive producer

Excellent submission. It's a very unfortunate situation we find ourselves. Just imagine the comments on this page.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by SkengRay: 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2021
Sanchez01:

On Point.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by Freelane33(m): 1:49pm On Dec 21, 2021
Zeh
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!

1 Like

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by kentrowiz(m): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2021
Sanchez01:

God will not shame you.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by Ovo200: 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2021
[quote author=Sanchez01 post=108691028]Comments on this thread best capture why the political class will always ride on the masses. Portable is not out of line in any way. His approach may be crude as he is perceived to be uneducated and rough but there is no denying that Poco Lee has been milking him.

The Nigerian music industry might be a 'dog eat dog' affair but this is unprecedented. The Dollar issue is of no concern to me but Poco Lee is definitely not helping this Sango act. Unfortunately, he will be kicked back to where he crawled out from but this whole charade gives an idea into how label owners and industry helpers lift artists to their doom—they make the money while they leave the fame to the artists and even control how much the artists take home. [/quote

Lesson learnt
1) Education is the best legacy
2) surround yourself with intellectuals ( let the people in your circle be smart as snake and gentle as dove)
3) Don't do drug

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by IamGblaize(m): 2:25pm On Dec 21, 2021
This guy should have confronted his manager kogbagidi instead of going public thereby shooting himself on the leg....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by Freelane33(m): 2:29pm On Dec 21, 2021
Settled
Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by Sanchez01: 2:29pm On Dec 21, 2021
IamGblaize:
This guy should have confronted his manager kogbagidi instead of going public thereby shooting himself on the leg....
Kogbagidi is not his manager but a show promoter who has been taking around shows. I believe he wouldn't have cried out if he had a manager or a representative. He had none. There was no structure to the 'help' rendered by Poco Lee and it was glaring that he was out to take advantage of an uneducated street boy who does not understand what contract means...

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by sammuell(m): 2:45pm On Dec 21, 2021
Sanchez01:

Modified

I'm 100% sure u were there wen all these things happen

So don't come and sound like you were there

They go settle

1 Like

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by sammuell(m): 2:48pm On Dec 21, 2021
Nobody should come here and start blaming Poco

Since we don't know their agreement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by Kharol1234: 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
No be poco introduce portable to olamide? How poco take steal your dollars again

2 Likes

Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by rowland545(m): 3:04pm On Dec 21, 2021
Faller:

I Tire for the guy....If we talk about Top musicians for Nigeria him no go dey first 30 pages, but yet him always dey front page for nairaland....The guy really get misplaced priorities abeg
chai....how u wan take make heaven like this cheesy

How u go say person nah chorister....so chorister no b musician again
Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 21, 2021
grin
Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by Mko123(m): 3:31pm On Dec 21, 2021
Q
Re: Portable: 'Poco Lee Stole My Song & The Dollars Wizkid Gave Me' by younglleo: 3:31pm On Dec 21, 2021
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Celebrates Her 30th Birthday Today! / Tekno Throws Out 1,000 Notes From His Car To People On The Street (Video) / Justice For Mohbad: Ruggedman Was Also A Victim — Music Executive Soso Soberekon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.