Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:46 AM

Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? (3310 Views)

Man Attempting To Cross Into Italy By Sea From Libya Changes His Mind (Video) / If You Are Given The Oppurtunity To Travel Abroad Where Would You Go? / The Biggest Things Ever To Be Transported By Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Hintona(f): 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2021
Is it still possible to travel abroad (e.g UK) in this day and age by sea?

Do people still do it? Have you done it?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Amotolongbo(f): 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2021
Hintona:

Nothing is impossible again.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by samwash(m): 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2021
Yes oo, go book your ticket for Apap port, you go see ship when dey go Brazil, Uk & America, depending on your destination.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Baawaa(m): 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2021
Don't commit suicide

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Jidemoo: 7:42pm On Dec 21, 2021
It's possible but na if your mind is made up to just jakpa from dx country against all odds

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Hintona(f): 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2021
samwash:
Yes oo, go book your ticket for Apap port, you go see ship when dey go Brazil, Uk & America, depending on your destination.

Wow! I'm sure it would be more fun than taking flight.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Hintona(f): 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2021
Baawaa:
Don't commit suicide

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Hintona(f): 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2021
Jidemoo:
It's possible but na if your mind is made up to just jakpa from dx country against all odds

Lol I'm not planning to jakpa. At least not now
Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Befulfilled(f): 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2021
shocked

Let me learn.
Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by samwash(m): 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2021
Hintona:

Mind you it's not a cruise ship, it's a cargo ship.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2021
any cargo ship would normally have some space available.... but it aint much cheaper than air travel as some of these cargo ship have fancy cabins, swimming pools and they offer full meals for the duration of the passage....you can check their prices here:

https://www.cargoshipvoyages.com/
https://voyagesencargo.com/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Hintona(f): 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2021
samwash:

Mind you it's not a cruise ship, it's a cargo ship.

Oh so no cruise ships?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by SportsHD: 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2021
Yeah, through cargo ships. I don't think cruise ships operate from Nigeria to other countries.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Tokskob2008: 8:11pm On Dec 21, 2021
Any which way to exit this country should be grabbed with both hands and feet...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Hintona(f): 8:21pm On Dec 21, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
any cargo ship would normally have some space available.... but it aint much cheaper than air travel as some of these cargo ship have fancy cabins, swimming pools and they offer full meals for the duration of the passage....you can check their prices here:

Thank you.
Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by ednut1(m): 9:32pm On Dec 21, 2021
Hintona:

where is the fun if you will spend 18 days at sea on a container ship Flight is just 6 hours

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by BigDawsNet: 8:21am On Dec 22, 2021
You can follow a cargo ship heading to the UK only if you have you Visa, and other documents that can clear you at the port of entry...

But I doubt if any captain would want you on their ship...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 22, 2021
Hintona:

Something wey dey take planes some hours fit take you 2 weeks even close to a month..

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 22, 2021
samwash:
grin
Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 22, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Lol grin I doubt that too cause they'll think she want to enter that country illegally.. Or probably carry drugs or contraband goods .

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Hintona(f): 10:55am On Dec 22, 2021
BigDawsNet:
You can follow a cargo ship heading to the UK only if you have you Visa, and other documents that can clear you at the port of entry...

Why though?
Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Hintona(f): 10:57am On Dec 22, 2021
ednut1:
where is the fun if you will spend 18 days at sea on a container ship Flight is just 6 hours

It could be for the experience. And you get to stop at different ports in different countries before getting to your destination.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Hintona(f): 10:57am On Dec 22, 2021
SportsHD:
Yeah, through cargo ships. I don't think cruise ships operate from Nigeria to other countries.
Okay. Thanks.
Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by ednut1(m): 10:58am On Dec 22, 2021
Hintona:

It could be for the experience. And you get to stop at different ports in different countries before getting to your destination.
na cruise ship dey stop about not container ship

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Hintona(f): 10:58am On Dec 22, 2021
ednut1:

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by BigDawsNet: 11:17am On Dec 22, 2021
Hintona:

Why though?

1. Cargo ship is not used for human transport
2. The captain does not trust you... If you like strip down all ur luggages... You may still be hiding some illegal substance
3.UK port of Entry Officer are not expecting any passengers entry in the UK tru cargo.. especially if you coming from far distance away...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by Shukusheka(m): 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2021
ednut1:
Ednut, e no good like this o. I send you Dm, you no gree respond. angry
Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by AlphaTaikun: 8:07pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hintona:

There are smaller passenger ships sailing only along the West coast of Africa though.
Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by AlphaTaikun: 8:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

Interesting.
Re: Is It Possible To Travel Abroad By Sea? by JohnBaker1337: 11:33am On Sep 11, 2023
Hey there! Absolutely, you can still travel abroad by sea, and it's a fantastic experience. Many people still do it, especially on cruises. I haven't personally done it, but I've heard amazing stories from friends who have. If you're interested, check out cruisetimetables.com for some great info on cruise schedules and options!

(1) (Reply)

The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? / See What The Interior Of An Aeroplane Looks Like In 1930 / Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.