Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? (44516 Views)

Joro Olumofin: Why A Lot Of Ladies Didn't Get Married This Year / Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person / Guy Gets Engaged And He Discovered This!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Mypeople2(m): 12:30am On Dec 23, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Okay ooo. lipsrsealed Na me be the fargin, and this guy was a recovering bad boy. He coped with me for five months, max, as we were already making plans for getting married in the next three months.

One night like that sha, he got tipsy and begged me. I gree. He no fit even wait make we tumble go bedroom. Oga say no, mba, we must do it right there, right now on the white couch. I say okay. I pushed the mental discomfort of the fact that it wasn't the perfect night as I envisioned with Indian love song playing in the background and turari burning on the nightstand with amadioha's-like red, fat candles on the floor.

Sha sha, one thing led to something to another thing and it was time for pene***tion. And... and... omooo, at the verrryy first touch of his thing to my tip, I give him one strong leg kick and jumped out of the window o. Ah! E be like say dem wan use giant saw cut me into two. Ah. Emi omolomo; omo iya e kan soso. cry Is me one boy want to come and scarra and pulverize and destabilize. I couldn't take it!!!

Blood was gushing out from my elbows and arms like this ni o, from my batman stunt. And this boy started screaming the whole house down, cursing me and everything and telling me he's locking me outside, ehn igbadakodo, yada yada yada. And all the neighbours were looking - some outside, some from their burglary-proof windows. Chai. That was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life, let me tell you. I now started the walk of ****** out of the compound...

See, I'm teary already. I'm coming back. cry cry cry Lemme blow my nose and comport myself... you've taken me down a memory highway... Oh, God.

Wait.
Please what is the name of this movie ? Liz Benson and Jim Iyke dey inside ?
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 23, 2021
Gandokiejim:
My Experience
I've always said,I won't marry anyone I had sex with.I believe you are cheap if I sleep with you before marriage ( my ideology though)
I dated and engaged 4 Ladies,I'll tempt them for sex,they will just fall and open their legs,that will be the end of that relationship.
I want to have a feel of my wife first time wedding night.

For your mind you think say u wise...

Sadly enough all your female children will pay for your foolishness. Theirs won't even be because of marriage promise but noodles.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by alexola20(m): 1:01am On Dec 23, 2021
Hmm!I did introduction and was planning marriage until all hell broke loose.Ever since then I have been struggling with my life,just because I wanted to get married with the woman I chose for myself.
I lost my two brothers in the process a year apart.
Only constant and unrelenting prayers keep me going on till now.
Hmmm!
Where do I start this story?
I fear my people.Utterly wicked family.

The girl sef japa.

The struggle for survival continues.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by kkins25(m): 1:04am On Dec 23, 2021
pocohantas:

Odiegwu! Sorry,nature won’t be unfair to me because one online prick wants it to. God is not an errand boy for your innate evil tendencies. It is so sad that you haven’t been able to wish yourself the good things of life, but you think you can curse me. Are you this stupid or you are faking it? grin

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by kkins25(m): 1:06am On Dec 23, 2021
pocohantas:

Odiegwu! Sorry,nature won’t be unfair to me because one online prick wants it to. God is not an errand boy for your innate evil tendencies. It is so sad that you haven’t been able to wish yourself the good things of life, but you think you can curse me. Are you this stupid or you are faking it? grin
aswear! You be werey. lolololololololololololo.....

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by LordOfTheGame: 2:14am On Dec 23, 2021
larryking540:

hope you don't mind ,why do you feel every Nigeria man cheat ?

That banny is a very bitter soul frustrated by so many men because of her entitlement mentality, domineering attitude and control freaks. Avoid her and her type before she pours her venom on you.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by eddykaka(m): 3:22am On Dec 23, 2021
njelrapheal:
mehn. Why did she not tell him what the uncle said earlier. Some ladies sef.
honestly! They really could have sorted things out from there... everyone hates regrets though but no one can actually avoid it.
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by cayorday89(m): 3:24am On Dec 23, 2021
If roles were reserved, he might not.

pocohantas:

Why would any HUMAN with a working brain want their partner to marry them against the family’s wish and even call it LOVE? Na LOVE dey keep NIGERIAN marriage? Lol
And for this, I believe what really always bring argument is that, we tend to generalize things during discussions instead of treating any a case in isolation considering the factors in that case. As for me if I truly love someone I am okay with and my family kicks against, I will stick to her and damn the consequences except it's a proven reason that is beyond me, but if in her case she does not, I will only have to move on considering she might not have the wilpower to go against her family.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by cayorday89(m): 3:27am On Dec 23, 2021
alexola20:
Hmm!I did introduction and was planning marriage until all hell broke loose.Ever since then I have been struggling with my life,just because I wanted to get married with the woman I chose for myself.
I lost my two brothers in the process a year apart.
Only constant and unrelenting prayers keep me going on till now.
Hmmm!
Where do I start this story?
I fear my people.Utterly wicked family.

The girl sef japa.

The struggle for survival continues.
Even with the snippets you dropped, it's so scary, would you mind sharing the full gist, a whole lot could be learnt from it.. And sorry for the loss of your siblings, positive turnaround in your life is what I wish you.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Magnoliaa(f): 3:36am On Dec 23, 2021
Mypeople2:
Please what is the name of this movie ? Liz Benson and Jim Iyke dey inside ?

Say what? undecided I know them from heaven? I'm narrating the film of my life, produced by me, you're asking about some people I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Phoenixk: 3:44am On Dec 23, 2021
Many of you on this Forum have very minute (pronounced Mai-nute) reasoning capacities

If he will lie & want to con me into a marriage despite knowing his challenges & short comings ,you don't think that is a MASSIVE RED FLAG ?

If he will further buttress such terrible values by asking that we forge important documents,that's not enough to walk away ? Better still RUN AWAY?

To whom a brain is allocated ,sense is expected

This is in response to everyone who mentioned me earlier

1Sharon:

Are you kidding me? This is a stupid reason to dump someone.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Munzy14(m): 6:27am On Dec 23, 2021
[sup][/sup]
FalseProphet1:

Wao...

To be honest, it takes the grace of God to see a lady that will stand by you even though the whole world is against you.

Most ladies are easily brainwashed by their families whenever they're not in support of her relationship.

I'm happy you both settled down happily.
You said the truth...A friend had his girl battling with her family to accept him..Just because he had no money then..Even his girl elder sister duped him unto getting him a canadian visa.

The elder sister still had the conscience to advice her younger sis to leave my friend.. undecided some ladies are extreme.

Well the girl didn't accept their brainwashing...She later married my guy...Around 2012.

Just this year that dude became very wealthy..Infact he is going to open his new house by January 2022...

Grass to grace...Sitting comfortable on 20m wheels.

Same elder sis don dey inlaw inlaw him up and down...Very confused people. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Melst: 7:08am On Dec 23, 2021
Mine was my uni lover. We dated for four years. It wasn't an official engagement kinda thing but there was marriage plans for after our NYSC. He is my first. We were practically an inseparable couple. He has cheated on me severally but I caught him just once, the others were suspicions he later verified after we broke up.

He was a sex addict or should I say he had a very high libido. It was so bad that the days l resist, he forces himself in. I had to accept that he was this way and make myself mentally and emotionally ready for sex when I'm with him otherwise, when forced, I'll have to bear pains for days. To cope with the guilt of fornication, I also had to see him as my husband. The deal breaker for me was during our convocation, I was so sick, yet all he wanted was sex and with me all feverish and running temperature, it didn't stop him, he pushed in and did his thing. I was disgusted but didn't break up.
We went to our respective states after convocation and an issue came up with my younger brother, police case, so I called my supposed boyfriend to help out that I'll cover the cost of transportation and all. Where he stays is an hour away from the police station but I was 5 hours away. He refused, I was mad and finally ended it. He would have rushed to come if it was for sex. The level of selfishness was appalling and since I already had breakup in mind, I utilized the opportunity.

He didn't protest the breakup. Probably because I was now far away. Few months later, we were posted to same states for NYSC, so we met again. He was already in another relationship and they were intimate. He lied about the latter to lure me. He's married now. Before he did, he begged me severally that I'm his choice up to two weeks to the wedding. That he will call if all off if I accept him. I declined and told him to go ahead that he has my blessings. We are still friends till date. Sometimes in his moments of weakness, he regrets and blames me for pushing him to her. I just laugh it off. He also says I'm his only ex that can make him cheat on his wife. I know I'm not the only one.

Okafor's law never happened with us to his own surprise and disappointment. He has a super D that his exes find irresistible......... tongue tongue

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by newoffer: 7:32am On Dec 23, 2021
You had introduction while you are still running school,,,even the wife u Sidon with everyday will knack the next door neighbour u will nittnknow...ß
Zubi10:
Yea I got engaged to this girl back then. 2009 we did very heavenly introduction,I got admission after then n went to school,, friends started telling me my fiance is misbehaving untill I came around caught her read handed..I forgave her I caught her again I still forgave her until she secured admission into the university 2011 then I stopped the relationship quitely and she never apologize until recently she want to come back and started begging me for forgiveness after she hard a child for another guy.
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by newoffer: 7:36am On Dec 23, 2021
Let the dog go his way. He is an abnormal bbeing.
Melst:

Mine was my uni lover. We dated for four years. It wasn't an official engagement kinda thing but there was marriage plans for after our NYSC. He is my first. We were practically an inseparable couple. He has cheated on me severally but I caught him just once, the others were suspicions he later verified after we broke up.

He was a sex addict or should I say he had a very high libido. It was so bad that the days l resist, he forces himself in. I had to accept that he was this way and make myself mentally and emotionally ready for sex when I'm with him otherwise, when forced, I'll have to bear pains for days. To cope with the guilt of fornication, I also had to see him as my husband. The deal breaker for me was during our convocation, I was so sick, yet all he wanted was sex and with me all feverish and running temperature, it didn't stop him, he pushed in and did his thing. I was disgusted but didn't break up.
We went to our respective states after convocation and an issue came up with my younger brother, police case, so I called my supposed boyfriend to help out that I'll cover the cost of transportation and all. Where he stays is an hour away from the police station but I was 5 hours away. He refused, I was mad and finally ended it. He would have rushed to come if it was for sex. The level of selfishness was appalling and since I already had breakup in mind, I utilized the opportunity.

He didn't protest the breakup. Probably because I was now far away. Few months later, we were posted to same states for NYSC, so we met again. He was already in another relationship and they were intimate. He lied about the latter to lure me. He's married now. Before he did, he begged me severally that I'm his choice up to two weeks to the wedding. That he will call if all off if I accept him. I declined and told him to go ahead that he has my blessings. We are still friends till date. Sometimes in his moments of weakness, he regrets and blames me for pushing him to her. I just laugh it off. He also says I'm his only ex that can make him cheat on his wife. I know I'm not the only one.

Okafor's law never happened with us to his own surprise and disappointment. He has a super D that his exes find irresistible......... tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:16am On Dec 23, 2021
Guyman02:
Yes, we dated for 4 years as students, proposed to her after my NYSC when I secured a job, met her family, discussed my intention and they felt we are not on the same level (full of themselves), later they even claimed that they went to investigate my family in our village and they were told that mental illness runs in our lineage.
They convinced her to abandon our marriage plans which she did instead of fighting for us, I asked her to refund part of the bulk money I gave to her for the marriage preparation which she later did because I wanted a proper closure to the relationship, felt really humiliated, locked myself inside and cried, washed my face and told myself it was time to move on.

Deleted her contact from my phone, never scooped around her social media handles, put aside all our pictures together under a locker and didn't worry myself about her anymore.

Started another relationship with a lady I was close to as friends who was very passionate about me but I didn't look at her because I was faithful to my ex.

Suddenly from the blues, my ex elder sister called me after some months that she has been erratic, cursing everyone for making her to abandon the love of her life and that the family has agreed to our plans for marriage.

Later she called me asking for forgiveness and that it was an Uncle of mine who told her family that mental illness runs in our family because he felt I was marrying into a prominent family and to a girl who works in a big establishment while his own children are scattered.

I simply told her I have moved on and wasn't gonna look back and had already started marriage plans with the lady I mentioned earlier and I even invited her to the superlative wedding we were planning in an exquisite location then.
I used the opportunity to tell her that I am wiser now as I go for only ladies who stand by their men because I am afraid if I show any signs of madness (as my uncle told her family) instead of taking me to a psychiatrist hospital, she will rather take me to a market square so that the madness will become permanent.

Today we are both married to different people and talk freely on general topics anytime she calls me, but I totally avoid making any reference to our 4 years failed relationship to avoid Okafors Law.

I love this.
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by DenreleDave(m): 8:22am On Dec 23, 2021
FalseProphet1:

Wao...

To be honest, it takes the grace of God to see a lady that will stand by you even though the whole world is against you.

Most ladies are easily brainwashed by their families whenever they're not in support of her relationship.

I'm happy you both settled down happily.

Werey false prophet wey bliv in God

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 23, 2021
Wow, mine was a good whole 10 years relationship 2002-2012! Before You wonder y so long, we started immediately after our 2002 waec, took extra 2 years to get admission 2004 into different university, graduation, service etc. Funny enough, 4 years into it, we both knew we were incompatible, both AS, but lacked the courage to end it. Everyone from both side already concluded we were destined for the alter. After 10 years, I don’t think guilt would have allowed me to just break up with her sha, but I am forever grateful to her for finding the inner strength to call it quits on her own. She cited it would be selfish for us to forge ahead blindly knowing our both situations. Thank God after 10 years and marriage promises, it ended on those terms. Abeg AS wahala tire person!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by AfroKnight: 8:48am On Dec 23, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Awwwwwwwwwnnnnnnn. So all I needed to do to get you to give me a hug was to tell a story? ^_^ I should have done that tipe tipe e. O ba ti so fun mi tele tele e. cheesy Omo. I don learn this trick now. I'll definitely start to milk it!

grin grin grin No wahala. I have more exciting stories to tell, as long as it is guaranteed to make Afro putty. cheesy If he now promise to book a spa treatment for me, or an healing trip to a nature setting, I'll share another one of my stories. This one a tour to the Olumo Rock and 8 cultist boys. lipsrsealed

Woman eye don see sha. But, we meuvee.

grin So, na story story?

Well done

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by 99thEnemy(m): 9:11am On Dec 23, 2021
Guyman02:

Today we are both married to different people and talk freely on general topics anytime she calls me, but I totally avoid making any reference to our 4 years failed relationship to avoid Okafors Law.

That Law is real, damn, it amazes me grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Zendinho(m): 9:22am On Dec 23, 2021
[quote author=Timmi post=108731128]

I guess Bubu is the cause of your non performance in the other room and the cause of your spaghetti like Oko. Stupid people, why not jump and pass if you can’t respond intelligently to the issue raised.

Hahahahah
He pain am.

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:29am On Dec 23, 2021
AfroKnight:
grin So, na story story?

Well done

grin cry grin cry
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by ashawopikin(m): 9:33am On Dec 23, 2021
larryking540:

u go die for nothing bro,,na man way never knack before go think say na dick they take they control woman ,bro only in bed you can do that shite ,after all the bedding she is back to her crazy mood ,I have seen alot
ogas u no do the job well
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by xangerar: 9:51am On Dec 23, 2021
[quote author=DAVE5 post=108727374]

This loss is a forever loss, e no easy[/quo

Oooooouuu! Na wao! Such is life.
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by gift01: 9:51am On Dec 23, 2021
larryking540:
,, because they are not working man ,look for a Nigeria girl that is working ,let me shock you ,most Nigeria ladies u will meet over sea get hooked up on Nigeria guys back ,man look for a working class Nigeria girl ,that knows the value of relationship not the name shouting you get money
agree with you on this
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by jimmychang: 10:06am On Dec 23, 2021
blaise26abj:

After they opened their legs , did you sleep with them before calling off the engagement ? Who the F are you to tempt ladies that are engaged to you with sex ! Then judge them for falling for someone they love. You are a devil . You are not ready and i pray you don’t fall into the hands of a pretender that will see through your BS then F you up after you commit .

Na small pikin still dey worry am my brother. IF THEM PLQY REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY FOR AM E COME HERE DEY SHOUT WOMEN ARE WICKED.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by freedomchild: 10:19am On Dec 23, 2021
newoffer:
Let the dog go his way. He is an abnormal bbeing.
he's a rabid dog
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:24am On Dec 23, 2021
pocohantas:

Lol. Do you think to say you wise ba? You did see wetin pass you.
. Cool off. You behave like a Hyena. Must you finish the guy?
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:41am On Dec 23, 2021
Chukapage:
Madam this is not a red pillar Vs feminism issue... You can't shift the goal post. You see that picture of men you have in your head? That mindset of men you have in your head. That will be your REALITY... You never start... You're calling God ... You never even start... God can't dash you what you don't believe in... Again You see that picture of men you have in your head yes that picture yes the picture. That will be the type of men that will chase after you... Even, if you hi, d e for bunker dem go chase you come. Then they'll manifest your EXACT picture and thoughts of men which is finishing your kata where the last one stopped. Brace up... By your thoughts your REALITY has been sealed. Drink milk and ready your heart cool
. Don't you think you went too far? She can be someone sister. Cool off let peace rain.
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by FalseProphet1(m): 11:27am On Dec 23, 2021
Melst:

The truth is he never genuinely loved you.

Love isn't meant to be selfish, if he sees you as something to relief himself without taking into consideration how you feel, then you should be glad that you're no longer together.

If I'm to advice you, I'll say cut off permanently from him, cos guys like that can ruin your relationship while enjoying his marriage.

Guys like him are dangerously manipulative and can do anything to get what they want.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

15 Pictures Every Nigerian Who Has Been Single Too Long Will Understand / What Lessons Have You Learnt From Your Previous Relationship? / Friends Contribute To Buy Their Girlfriend A Jeep On Her Birthday(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.