Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? (44573 Views)

Joro Olumofin: Why A Lot Of Ladies Didn't Get Married This Year / Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person / Guy Gets Engaged And He Discovered This!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Itzurboi(m): 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2021
Kingsasian:
Yes, I had to call off the engagement due to bad character and constant malice, she was very very domineering.
maybe nah engineering student cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by SirMichael1: 4:52pm On Dec 22, 2021
8BitGee:
Yes, we started dating in 2016, did introduction in 2017, we were due to get married in 2019 after waiting so long, but the event had to be moved forward due to the pandemic. We were a power couple and people liked us together. Expensive gifts and surprises, flowers, romantic getaways to remote islands, it was a jolly ride.

Late in 2018 she started behaving funny which of course I objected to, perhaps too strongly. I guess she had cold feet because she said she wouldn't have considered marriage at all if not for me. Anyway, she started bringing up the issues we had in the beginning and had supposedly resolved. We hired a Nigerian-Canadian counselor who tried to help but my ex fought with in the end because she said "the counselor took my side".

I started exploring other options after this. And oh, we would have been married before 2019 if not that their side kept giving excuses to not hold the event. I guess she was ultimately not ready. I was the one that was ready to be married.

Needless to say, I was devastated. I can't say I'm not blameless in all. We didn't have infidelity issues, it was just behavioural differences. I loved her so much, I was willing to adjust, come to the middle and also get my concerns listened to.

I learnt a lot from the relationship and I'm happy that I'm a better man today.

If it wasn't infidelity issues, the it must have been am issue that stung her at the beginning. What was it? Physical abuse? Did you hit her? Ladies with good self esteem won't agree to walk into marriage with a man that slapped them at any point in a relationship.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by BigBashiru: 4:53pm On Dec 22, 2021
i926:

Have you ever thought about nerdfrost traveling all over the world, making money, having quality friends, investing and fvcking and dumping beautiful models like tissue papers.

I don't plan on marrying. My mom still thinks that I'm kidding about the firm decision. she don tire

i recently met a man that had this mentality. no wife no kids (at 56) and he says that's his biggest regret in life... you can't eat ur cake and have it...those investing in marriage aren't fools... but marriage isn't for everyone....

but I agree marriage in its current form is a scam towards men.

nothing in it for a man except kids...m

11 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by xangerar: 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2021
DAVE5:

I still wish till tomorrow that my relationship was broken, but no, here I am

I gats live with my cross or some day grow some balls and call the hell I’m in a quit

Oooooow! So sorry about that. You really sound so hurt. Life is that way. You lose some, you win some.
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by FalseProphet1(m): 4:55pm On Dec 22, 2021
Magnoliaa:
I have. Plenty of times.

Reasons:
- Money
- Attitude
- Ideological differences
- Religious beliefs
- Sexual Incompatibility
According to the law of right and wrong, you're hereby banned from going into any form or kind of engagement.

This I have seen.
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by pocohantas(f): 4:56pm On Dec 22, 2021
FalseProphet1:

What's your problem, did you see me in your dream?

I gave my opinion if you don't like it, swerve and pass. Last time I checked we're still in democracy, meaning I'm free to make my own independent opinion.

You can't force yours down my throat neither can I force mine down your throat, so if you dislike mine rather than rant like a girl whom her guy dumped a day to their wedding, look for the nearest transformer in your area and hug.

This is a public forum and you would be quoted whether you like it or yes. Your personal attacks won’t change my opinion to your stance. So I ask you again, would you marry a woman when your whole family is against her and you heard madness runs in her family? We all know what men do, so stop looking for women that would disregard their families for you!! You are not worth it! grin

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by 1Sharon(f): 4:56pm On Dec 22, 2021
descarado:

Seriously? shocked shocked shocked

The lady told herself the truth.
She doesn't want tiny dick which may propell her going outside to search for it.

Shallow as hell.

Because his dick is small doesn't mean he doesn't know how to use it and the 10 second thing can be worked on.

She really threw the baby out with the bath water.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by larryking540: 4:58pm On Dec 22, 2021
deltateam:

If your fellow guy ask you for #20k now, you will swear heavens you don't have. Now someone you are not even married to, you spent #1millala.

any thing that involves protection of continual generation a man will always spend on it ,it's not the issue of not helping a fellow man
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by descarado: 4:58pm On Dec 22, 2021
ezegenigbonine:

My sister, if only he met you a virgin and was the one that deflower you, his small joystick would have matched your virgina.

God made it in a way that if you open a hole with 2 inches nail, the hole will always match 2 inches nail.
But to you women, a 6 inches nail will open your hole and you will be complaining that 2 inches nail is too small for the hole.

However it piss me off when a woman will be disvirgined by a big prick and she will be putting blame on an innocent man with small prick.

Try and allow your husband to disvirgin u and see if you will ever complain even if the man has the smallest penis in the world.

Get health textbook for secondary school and read

6 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by evil1: 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2021
Every relationship must not end in marriage but when you get to that stage in liife where you have yo decide, know that dating and sex is no longer for fun.
It brings up certain consequences of our actions and in actions

Milan79:
Every relationship must not end in marriage

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by descarado: 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2021
1Sharon:

Shallow as hell.

Because his dick is small doesn't mean he doesn't know how to use it and the 10 second thing can be worked on.

People have preferences.
She don't want small dick.
The same way some men hate big boobs.
It's not a turn on for her.

As for the 10mins, I agree it can be worked on. I don't blame that lady.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by MufasaLion: 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2021
1Sharon:

Shallow as hell.

You can deal with it but she can't. Respect her decision and not condemn it.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by MufasaLion: 5:06pm On Dec 22, 2021
descarado:

People have preferences.

I totally agree with her. She made the right decision for herself. She wasn't being a hypocrite that's gonna end up committing adultery.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by 1Sharon(f): 5:06pm On Dec 22, 2021
MufasaLion:

You can deal with it but she can't. Respect her decision and not condemn it.

So you're okay if a woman dumps you based on your genitals?

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by MufasaLion: 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2021
BigBashiru:

i recently met a man that had this mentality. no wife no kids and he says that's his biggest regret in life... you can't eat ur cake and have it...those investing in marriage aren't fools... but marriage isn't for everyone....

but I agree marriage in its current form is a scam towards men.

nothing in it for a man except kids...m

And there are still many men like that with no regrets. I ain't gonna marry also. I ain't gonna regret it.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by larryking540: 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2021
DAVE5:

The regret plenty ohh bros, if I talk am for public, them go ask me wetin carry me enter becos truthfully looking back from then till date, there hasn’t been any gain for me as a man since I took that step, non whatsoever, it has been losses and regrets at every turn
I Know how that feels u don't need to say more when there is little or no contribution of a lady on marriage it's makes one sick ,it might not be financial matter she has to offer ,but interns of ideas so females lack it ,,,just keep putting her Tru the way you want her to be ,
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Gandokiejim: 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2021
My Experience
I've always said,I won't marry anyone I had sex with.I believe you are cheap if I sleep with you before marriage ( my ideology though)
I dated and engaged 4 Ladies,I'll tempt them for sex,they will just fall and open their legs,that will be the end of that relationship.
I want to have a feel of my wife first time wedding night.
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by FalseProphet1(m): 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2021
pocohantas:

This is a public forum and you would be quoted whether you like it or yes. Your personal attacks won’t change my opinion to your stance. So I ask you again, would you marry a woman when your whole family is against her and you heard madness runs in her family? We all know what men do, so stop looking for women that would disregard their families for you!! You are not worth it! grin
So in your myopic reasoning, you suddenly know what decision I'm going to make in my relationship, how did you acquire this strange gift if I may ask?

Suddenly all men will dump their woman because of a negative story they heard about her or her family.

When you read of stories of men who send their girlfriends abroad to study or invest heavily on their girls admist opposition from their friends and family concerning the girl, you'll turn a blind eye.

Recently an African footballer lost all the wealth he made in football because he registered his properties in his wife's name and she divorced him and inherited them.

As usual you feminist wouldn't move a muscle, but once a man gives an opinion you don't agreed you'll start jumping up and down like a dog on heat.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by 1Sharon(f): 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2021
descarado:

People have preferences.

Shallow
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by larryking540: 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2021
pocohantas:

Of course it is brainwashing when you men are at the receiving end, but let your mother reject your fiancee and you would dump her in seconds because what an elder can see sitting down…

So a Nigerian woman in Nigeria, who is not even regarded as a member of the family she is marrying into. Who is seen as disposable. Should marry you without the support of her family because she LOVES you? Same love that would make you cheat on her because men are polygamous in nature. Only a very foolish lady without a strong family tie will do that and only a more foolish man would expect a woman to go against her family to prove she loves him. When he starts dealing with her, she will know the importance of her family and run back home. They always do. Toor!

Love indeed. No Naija woman should try to prove any nonsense love to a Naija man.
hope you don't mind ,why do you feel every Nigeria man cheat ?
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by MufasaLion: 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2021
1Sharon:

So you're okay if a woman dumps you based on your genitals?

I would be sad but I always respect people's decision. I wouldn't want her to cheat on me after marriage.

Anyways, I'm big down here. I can't have such problem with women.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by 1Sharon(f): 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2021
MufasaLion:

I would be sad but I always respect people's decision. I wouldn't want her to cheat on me after marriage.

Anyways, I'm big down here. I can't have such problem with women.

Right.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by MufasaLion: 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2021
DAVE5:

I still wish till tomorrow that my relationship was broken, but no, here I am

I gats live with my cross or some day grow some balls and call the hell I’m in a quit

Damn! Seems your marriage is hell.
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by larryking540: 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2021
pocohantas:

pepper body calm down

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by 8BitGee(m): 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2021
SirMichael1:

If it wasn't infidelity issues, the it must have been am issue that stung her at the beginning. What was it? Physical abuse? Did you hit her? Ladies with good self esteem won't agree to walk into marriage with a man that slapped them at any point in a relationship.

No, I wouldn't raise my hands against a man, talk more of a lady I was passionately in love with. I tested her - I did a mock breakup over the phone just to see how she'd react. She took it quite well so I was heartbroken and I was quite taken by her reaction that I stupidly confessed it was a test. Biggest mistake ever!

At other times between 2017-2019, we had conflicts about her lifestyle - really late nights, she did a couple of disappearing acts for days - extreme living, really. Of course, I'd be mad and reprimand her whenever she returned. I have had a rather caustic tongue when wronged. I'm positive I have tamed this a lot. She'd turn around to say I didn't trust her. Frankly, I didn't place so much premium on these because I didn't have any reason to think she was being unfaithful. Nonetheless, I didn't like that lifestyle. She'd apologise for these and I'd apologise for lambasting her, then she'd do it the next time which could be next month or next week.

I felt she wasn't real and was trying to live a fake life because we were in Europe. We are family friends so I couldn't reconcile her behaviour with our upbringing.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Inyayiz: 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2021
Yeah, he proposed 2019 and when I asked him about his plans for wedding by 2020, he asked me why I was in a rush to get married lol, that marriage shouldn’t be the top of my priority list, whereas, he proposed on his own, I wonder why he’ll propose without the intention of marriage, December 2021 and we’re still not married, I’ve returned his ring.. we’ve been dating since 2016

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by LolaO(f): 5:16pm On Dec 22, 2021
Yes I have
We dated for 5 years.
Proposed to - Jan 2020
Introduction - February 2020
Engagement and wedding was supposed to be - November 2020
I called off the wedding in August 2020 due to the below reasons:
- Dishonesty in finances (non-communication too)
- LIES, very strong ones
- Cheating (deal breaker was while engaged)
- Sexual incompatibility
- Loss of love and attraction because of the above.
The red flags had always been there, but I chose to ignore because I was blinded at the time.
He got married to someone else in less than a year.
I don’t regret my decision and I’m glad I called it off; I deserved better.

28 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by larryking540: 5:16pm On Dec 22, 2021
1Sharon:

Shallow as hell.

, sometimes when I see male and female praying for a good woman or delay in marriage,I don't feel pity or bad for them , this is one of the reason ,you hardly hear an Asian woman leaving a guy because of small dick or because of hight only African women do so ,

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by OLULAW: 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2021
Phoenixk:
Got Engaged to someone who had asked me out years ago ,I wasn't interested but I felt he had been persistent enough ....

Next thing he said as a good Christian he will wait till after the wedding to consummate

It sounded great till someone hinted he may be hiding a health problem

She was right! D was tiny finger small & man cums in 10seconds

He also wanted me to forge some important docs ,I realised our values are very different.... Returned his ring & took a walk

To summarise, you preferred and wanted a BIGGER DICK and banging lasting HOURS. Well done girl. Are from Calabar? grin grin
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by larryking540: 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2021
LolaO:
Yes I have
We dated for 5 years.
Proposed to - Jan 2020
Introduction - February 2020
Engagement and wedding was supposed to be - November 2020
I called off the wedding in August 2020 due to the below reasons:
- Dishonesty in finances (non-communication too)
- LIES, very strong ones
- Cheating (deal breaker was while engaged)
- Sexual incompatibility
- Loss of love and attraction because of the above.
The red flags had always been there, but I chose to ignore because I was blinded at the time.
He got married to someone else in less than a year.
I don’t regret my decision and I’m glad I called it off; I deserved better.
yeah you deserve better,but where your hands clean during the whole relationship

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by MrMacinterchi1: 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2021
pipnator00:

Wetin happen? Anyone ate your lunch, why all these hate in one comment?
women assuming victimhood
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by MrMacinterchi1: 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2021
1Sharon:

Are you kidding me? This is a stupid reason to dump someone.
It's a very valid reason. chill. you are not her or there with her.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? / What Lessons Have You Learnt From Your Previous Relationship? / 10 Things Ladies Put The Blame On When They Have Lost Their Virginity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.