Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? (44572 Views)

Joro Olumofin: Why A Lot Of Ladies Didn't Get Married This Year / Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person / Guy Gets Engaged And He Discovered This!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by BigBashiru: 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2021
MufasaLion:

And there are still many men like that with no regrets. I ain't gonna marry also. I ain't gonna regret it.

who will inherit ur estate??

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by MrMacinterchi1: 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2021
FalseProphet1:

What's with the outburst...I can see that you're speaking out of experience. Hope the heartbreak wasn't that bad, and hope you're recovering very fast, sorry ok?

I see you meeting a sugar daddy before the end of this year, I see him buying you iPhone 13 but it will be fake, I see you angry very very angry, I see you doing plastic surgery for your breast and bum, I see you looking more sexy than chioma davidos ex.

This I have seen.
falseProphet1
Fake
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by MufasaLion: 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2021
BigBashiru:

Still undecided.
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by OLULAW: 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2021
larryking540:
, sometimes when I see male and female praying for a good woman or delay in marriage,I don't feel pity or bad for them , this is one of the reason ,you hardly hear an Asian woman leaving a guy because of small dick or because of hight only African women do so ,

African women can take monstrous dick as if it’s nothing (O gbe nkan mi s’ara Wuye). Asian men are typically small, like your baby finger, and their women have been used to that intergenerationally. However, once they taste the typical African dick, they’ll never go back, though they’re initially frightened by it.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by larryking540: 5:23pm On Dec 22, 2021
Inyayiz:
Yeah, he proposed 2019 and when I asked him about his plans for wedding by 2020, he asked me why I was in a rush to get married lol, that marriage shouldn’t be the top of my priority list, whereas, he proposed on his own, I wonder why he’ll propose without the intention of marriage, December 2021 and we’re still not married, I’ve returned his ring.. we’ve been dating since 2016
I believe the signs where already there but u didn't pay much attention ,if man wan marry you it's very very easy ,you see those questions most ladies call irrelevant in relationship ,they are the real questions to determine if he go marry you or not ,but to confuse our sisters we use money to buy their love ,time and brain ,you just can't sit for a seconds and ask your self reality questions because the truth is bad for the heart

7 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by 1Sharon(f): 5:23pm On Dec 22, 2021
MufasaLion:

I would be sad but I always respect people's decision. I wouldn't want her to cheat on me after marriage.

Anyways, I'm big down here. I can't have such problem with women.

PS: a guy with a big dick can still not know how to use it.

Women just say they like big dicks due to image.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by MufasaLion: 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2021
1Sharon:

PS: a guy with a big dick can still not know how to use it.

Women just say they like big dicks due to image.

You are right. That's still under assumptions. This particular lady already tested the guy's dick and she ain't cool with it.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by BigBashiru: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2021
MufasaLion:

Still undecided.

the reason men marry is not because they love marriage so much it's so they have a next of kin.

Wal-Mart has been propagated for years since 1970s by the family of the founder thru marriage/children.

British Royal family pass on thru marriage etc

it's not because it's great (most men know it isn't).

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by 1Sharon(f): 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2021
MufasaLion:

You are right. That's still under assumptions. This particular lady already tested the guy's dick and she ain't cool with it.

How many times thought?

As I said before that could have been worked on jare.
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Vintiana: 5:28pm On Dec 22, 2021
A friend of mine (not too close) proposed to me sometime 2018 even though we weren’t dating as of that time. after too much pressure from my family I accepted this guy and we started dating and was planning a wedding the same time. A date was fixed for the wedding already, even though I wasn’t ready to settle with someone like him. I tried to adapt to his kinda person but it wasn’t working for me I had to call the wedding off. Everyone was mad my parents could not take the shame they begged and begged but I stood my ground cos we were not compatible and most importantly there was no communication in the relationship but nobody could actually understand my point. Long story short. He got married to someone else January 2021, I got married November 2021.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Inyayiz: 5:28pm On Dec 22, 2021
larryking540:

I believe the signs where already there but u didn't pay much attention ,if man wan marry you it's very very easy ,you see those questions most ladies call irrelevant in relationship ,they are the real questions to determine if he go marry you or not ,but to confuse our sisters we use money to buy their love ,time and brain ,you just can't sit for a seconds and ask your self reality questions because the truth is bad for the heart

Thank you
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by MrMacinterchi1: 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2021
Gandokiejim:
My Experience
I've always said,I won't marry anyone I had sex with.I believe you are cheap if I sleep with you before marriage ( my ideology though)
I dated and engaged 4 Ladies,I'll tempt them for sex,they will just fall and open their legs,that will be the end of that relationship.
I want to have a feel of my wife first time wedding night.
you're too cruel and regardless. I hope you got served with the same cup..

18 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by larryking540: 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2021
BigBashiru:

if as a man you gat no family bro you are on a long thing,it's funny now because you gat bones to hustle and drive Benz around ,but the end is very ugly

for a lady who says marriage na scam , check online love scam on white women many of them are those who abandon their marriage and divorced their husbands taking huge amount of money from them via court room ,,but went to look for online lover ,and guess wat the money is gone and who is regretting the women ,old age no funny o trust me ,am speaking from experience most of our nairalanders grew up in homes where the father and mother were to gether ,but little ups an down but still stock to gether ,and you want to try the lonly part ,

REMEMBER THE SLARY YOU TAKE HOME MONTHLY BECAUSE YOU ARE A NURSE OR DOCTOR OR BUSINESS WOMAN ,HAS AN END ,AND GOVT SOMETIMES FAIL IN PAYING PENSION ,,AND OLD AGE DISEASE OR ILLNESS IS REAL GET WHO TO LOVE ABD LOVE THE PERSON BACK

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by MrMacinterchi1: 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2021
1Sharon:

Shallow
Not shallow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by TeamGaga93: 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2021
Akalia:
interesting. What's okafor'sOkafor'syou don't mind me asking?
Okafor's law states that as long as you have had sex with a lady whether an ex, or someone from the past, no matter how long you guys have parted ways, there is a tendency of you both getting laid, if proper measures are not applied.
It's simply the concept of “Old firewood Burns faster”.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by MufasaLion: 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2021
1Sharon:

How many times thought?

As I said before that could have been worked on jare.

Lol

This lady never said she wanted a big dick. For her to have left the guy, his dick was very small and it couldn't even last long.

You keep saying it could be worked on, but I hope you know working on such in a marriage is not easy. The guy should go and work on himself before thinking of marriage. He was not even straightforward with the lady with his genital problem.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by larryking540: 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2021
Gandokiejim:
My Experience
I've always said,I won't marry anyone I had sex with.I believe you are cheap if I sleep with you before marriage ( my ideology though)
I dated and engaged 4 Ladies,I'll tempt them for sex,they will just fall and open their legs,that will be the end of that relationship.
I want to have a feel of my wife first time wedding night.
u never jam ,u never heard of a woman who denys her husband sex bro wake up

9 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Oluwasaudy(m): 5:34pm On Dec 22, 2021
How do you mean dishonesty in finance... Can you expanciate pls ?
LolaO:
Yes I have
We dated for 5 years.
Proposed to - Jan 2020
Introduction - February 2020
Engagement and wedding was supposed to be - November 2020
I called off the wedding in August 2020 due to the below reasons:
- Dishonesty in finances (non-communication too)
- LIES, very strong ones
- Cheating (deal breaker was while engaged)
- Sexual incompatibility
- Loss of love and attraction because of the above.
The red flags had always been there, but I chose to ignore because I was blinded at the time.
He got married to someone else in less than a year.
I don’t regret my decision and I’m glad I called it off; I deserved better.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by BigBashiru: 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2021
Vintiana:
A friend of mine (not too close) proposed to me sometime 2018 even though we weren’t dating as of that time. after too much pressure from my family I accepted this guy and we started dating and was planning a wedding the same time. A date was fixed for the wedding already, even though I wasn’t ready to settle with someone like him. I tried to adapt to his kinda person but it wasn’t working for me I had to call the wedding off. Everyone was mad my parents could not take the shame they begged and begged but I stood my ground cos we were not compatible and most importantly there was no communication in the relationship but nobody could actually understand my point. Long story short. He got married to someone else January 2021, I got married November 2021.

u wicked soul! if u knew u didn't like him then why did u say yes/ lead him on?? truth is then u were young and felt u could get better. and I'm sure ur current guy isn't ur ideal guy either na just manage u dey manage.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by MrMacinterchi1: 5:36pm On Dec 22, 2021
LolaO:
Yes I have
We dated for 5 years.
Proposed to - Jan 2020
- LIES, very strong ones
- Sexual incompatibility
The red flags had always been there, but I chose to ignore because I was blinded at the time.
ok.
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Dumte(m): 5:36pm On Dec 22, 2021
It all started during the COVID-19 lockdown period. In the morning hours of 4th April 2020, I met this lady who is a Tiv girl from Benue State. And we came to mutual agreement as we started dating. She was so much in love with me that I was invited by her aunt who she has been with for over 8years.

The aunt who is a professional prostitute that runs her business in Niger �� Republic while the girl and her aunt's daughter lives in the said northern state, got annoyed that throughout her entire life she hasn't seen any one who wants to take her as a wife except the ones who are for sex.

She wasn't happy with the relationship, but the more she hated us the more the girl loves me (someone once told me that the best time a girl expresses her love is when someone in her family is objecting her relationship, I don't know if that is true).

My ex's parents asked her to bring me so we can start proper planning. After 6 months of relationship we went home to see her parents. On getting to Benue, the dad accepted everything whole heartedly but the demon exhibits her monster through the mother who was fed negative information about me. That I am a private school teacher, that I speak different language etc. Lots of useless reasons.

That was the beginning of my ex's misbehavior. And to cut the long story short, she is currently into prostitution as I speak, same business her aunt is doing.

I'm planning to send her my wedding I.V coming next month. Just to let her understand that evry man is someone's favorite.

21 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by MufasaLion: 5:36pm On Dec 22, 2021
BigBashiru:

the reason men marry is not because they love marriage so much it's so they have a next of kin.

Wal-Mart has been propagated for years since 1970s by the family of the founder thru marriage/children.

British Royal family pass on thru marriage etc

it's not because it's great (most men know it isn't).

I ain't gonna marry and I don't even wanna have more than 1 or 2 kids. See, without marriage, I can still achieve what I want.
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by BigBashiru: 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2021
LolaO:
Yes I have
We dated for 5 years.
Proposed to - Jan 2020
- LIES, very strong ones
- Sexual incompatibility

dishonesty in finances means u feel entitled to money ur not working for. I bet ur also unhappy in ur current marriage..... most girls select and select and select until they can select no more (get old).

u were not with him wen he was making d moni so don't feel entitled to it. I'm sure u work too.

12 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by DAVE5(m): 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2021
xangerar:

Oooooow! So sorry about that. You really sound so hurt. Life is that way. You lose some, you win some.

This loss is a forever loss, e no easy
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by DAVE5(m): 5:39pm On Dec 22, 2021
MufasaLion:

Damn! Seems your marriage is hell.

All I can say is: e no easy
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by BigBashiru: 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2021
MufasaLion:

I ain't gonna marry and I don't even wanna have more than 1 or 2 kids. See, without marriage, I can still achieve what I want.

it's the upbring of the child that's the problem. imagine a child being brought up by only the dad or the mum and the child has no brother or sister in a wicked world...think about it! we hv to consider the unborn child.

here's my strategy...i will get married but will make it clear to the girl it isn't monogamy.... this means i may only do trad since trad supports polygamy. so I'l get married and hv my side chicks for sure!
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by logic102(m): 5:41pm On Dec 22, 2021
Because I later went broke, we moved on, she is happily married to a rich guy but me still surviving on 33k allowee and still broke...

In this life, have money and fear woman

17 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by mixratio(m): 5:42pm On Dec 22, 2021
what is Okafors law pls?
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by worldclass68(m): 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2021
bobkezel:
She stopped picking my calls because I didn't buy her a phone when she requested to replace her stolen phone.
She said I must buy her a phone before she picks my call...
I was like wow! Is this the person I am about to marry? Thanks goodness
I erased her off my mind, upgraded the side chick to main chick....
3 weeks later she notice say water don pass garri....
Come see begging and pleading....
Her sisters were calling too...
But then, I saw her as my spit, I can't take it back....
She used every trick to win me back but man's far gone....
Out of desperation she got married to an old man, old enough to be her father....
The man looks like he's going to die any time soon.... May be he has money...

Chai...u wicked small grin grin

But love u style
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by pocohantas(f): 5:47pm On Dec 22, 2021
larryking540:

hope you don't mind ,why do you feel every Nigeria man cheat ?

Why do you men ask this question when it is a woman saying it? Isn’t it your usual chorus that men are polygamous in nature? Seems men know the truth but hate to hear it from women.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by babavik: 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
njelrapheal:
wow. Please can i share this.
When you share stuffs here, what actually happens?
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by larryking540: 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2021
pocohantas:

Why do you men ask this question when it is a woman saying it? Isn’t it your usual chorus that men are polygamous in nature? Seems men know the truth but hate to hear it from women.
will you also accept the fact that women lie and cheat also ?

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? / What Lessons Have You Learnt From Your Previous Relationship? / 10 Things Ladies Put The Blame On When They Have Lost Their Virginity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.