Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,755 members, 7,806,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. (9286 Views)

Oshiomhole: I Did Not Call Seyi Makinde An Overhyped Social Media Governor / Enugu Is An Overhyped Village: Pictures/Video / Open And Dirty Drainage System: Will Babajide Sanwo-olu Rescue Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Iamgrey5(m): 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2021
FarahAideed:

Name one thing the leaders have done if not looting?

No road

Heightening insecurity

Poor electricity

No street lights

No pipe borne water

No town planning in 90 percent of areas

No Sewage treatment

Very poor sanitary conditions

Abeg tell me what exactly Tinubu and his crew does for Lagos
Lagos considering the huge population is still doing better than most states on every of these indices.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by FarahAideed: 2:14pm On Dec 22, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Lagos considering the huge population is still doing better than most states on every of these indices.

People survived in Lagos by sheer miracle

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Iamgrey5(m): 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2021
PressMyButton:

He doesn't know nothing. Lagos & Ogun are the Manufacturing hub in Nigeria but he thinks everything is about container carrying drugs from China.
infact ! importation killed majority of the factories in those place

Nigeria was once manufacturing car tires, Car battery, Matches etc before those cheap china products killed those factories.

Today most of our manufacturing industry manufactures at half capacity because of cheap goods from china.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Ttalk: 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2021
FarahAideed:

Name one thing the leaders have done if not looting?

No road

Heightening insecurity

Poor electricity

No street lights

No pipe borne water

No town planning in 90 percent of areas

No Sewage treatment

Very poor sanitary conditions

Abeg tell me what exactly Tinubu and his crew does for Lagos

That's a general bproblem and not limited to Lagos, the worst governor in Lagos State is better than your best Peter Obi China

5 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Oghighirhighi: 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2021
Wait till Nigeria dismembers or is restructured, all the Afonjas will know that there is nothing special about Lagos as everybody will go back to develop his or her region or country and Lagos will fall back to an old dirty Afonja enclave.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Iamgrey5(m): 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2021
FarahAideed:

People survived in Lagos by sheer miracle
That is also the case everywhere else in Nigeria, even in your over hyped Anambra state.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Ttalk: 2:17pm On Dec 22, 2021
Oghighirhighi:
Wait till Nigeria dismembers or is restructured, all the Afonjas will know that there is nothing special about Lagos as everybody will go back to develop his or her region or country and Lagos will fall back to an old dirty Afonja enclave.

We want you to pack your luggage and leave this very moment and stop constituting nuisance and hindering the progress of Lagos

7 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Iamgrey5(m): 2:17pm On Dec 22, 2021
Oghighirhighi:
Restructuring will help Afonja have better access to the resources generated by Lagos ports.

Thank you .

8 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Ovamboland(m): 2:24pm On Dec 22, 2021
FarahAideed:

There is nothing special Tinubu has done to help Lagos businesses ... Open port in Onitsha and see magic

Lagos is constructing seaport in Lekki and another planned for Badagry. But you and your people are still demanding for seaport because you lack the capability to cause any to be built in your region. As you beg for presidency, restructuring, refrendum, Biafra, so you are begging for seaport. Them take begging swear for you? Who will open the seaport in Onithsa?

Jonathan was there with Pius Anyim for 6 years they released money for bra forgot about Onithsa seaport.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by walefresh3(m): 2:24pm On Dec 22, 2021
Pls don't abuse any nyamiri here ooo u guys should just face that Fulani lunatic
Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by JaroMan: 2:40pm On Dec 22, 2021
PressMyButton:

Bro, imagine the foolish talks. na dem develop Lagos, with wetin?.. Buying & selling. Before the Ghana must go saga, Ghanians were everywhere in SW buying & selling yet dem no make noise.

Make dis people waka, make we see how e go be.
You're not from Lagos state. You just adopted Lagos state and Lagos state didn't adopt you.
All these your "we against them" drift, na your body e go tell.
One day, you will display this your madness in real life and see even your Yoruba brothers beat hell out of you.
Useless mofo

2 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Lagos was never developed, lets get it right.

Fyi...no northern leader or my family member lives in a dirty city like lagos.

Let me burst your bubble, even in the height of boko haram in borno state, the vast majority of borno elites were living in Maiduguri.

Fyi again, Northern elites don't live in Lagos or in the South, the highest they can go to live is in Abuja.

We can say that about your elites, who will run to france or uk once crises start

Your problem is that you're an insecure, petty little man. Live in your Maiduguri or wherever and leave others in peace to hype where they live. That is what secure folks, satisfied with their lives, do.

When you go out of your way to try and rain on the parade of stakeholders , as an outsider, the psychological interpretation is that you're envious of them.

If you hype Kano or Sokoto all day then not my business let alone I would ever be interested in starting a thread to denigrate the two.

I am happy in Lagos that provides me everything I need, professionally and personally, from an African Country giving my reality as a citizen of the world and a very exposed individual.

Your dumb thread just highlights why Lagosians are comparatively happy with their state and why they are far ahead of insecure and d1ck comparing Villagers like you. The best, most vibrant, most cosmopolitan and most cutting-edge existence is in Lagos not your silly Maiduguri or anywhere else.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Broveens42(m): 2:41pm On Dec 22, 2021
Iamgrey5:
MMA is not the only Airport people can use to travel out of Nigeria

You can travel via Enugu, Port, Kaduna and Abuja Airports.

And I don't know how traveling through Airports significantly helps local economy

It's not like there is tariff free shopping zone like most international airports.

Stop disgracing yourself.
I said relocate everything that has to do with leaving for overseas.. including getting visas. And don't worry about significance of local economy. I just said you should relax and watch a drama unfold.

Please remove enugu and pH from that list.
Have you ever travelled to Germany, USA or even Dubai from there before?
I don't know why Nigerians get blinded by shenanigans of political actors. Or does it have to do with poor/outdated curriculum of Nigerian schools?

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by techWriter5: 3:14pm On Dec 22, 2021
Lagos is the 5th largest recession partly because of the ingenuity of a particular tribesmen...

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by LalaSnakeLala(m): 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2021
seunmsg:

You can hate the city all you like, it wont change anything or stop it from developing. And yes, it will still remain a safe abode for your family members and leaders who are running away from the self inflicted banditry and terrorism ravaging your land.

Less i forget, Lagos is also the abode of most of your uneducated and unskilled youths who troop to the state daily to ride Okada, sell water, do security guards and other menial jobs just to survive and make something meaningful with their lives. In Lagos, they get the opportunity to do something meaningful with their lives; the opportunities that your leaders have denied them in your terrorism ravaged villages. Show some gratitude and stop being an ingrate.

You will not be making any sense by resorting to insult and bully instead of countering the op with proofs that Lagos is cleaner than Kano or Abuja. Take note on the word clean. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Drogunov: 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2021
seunmsg:

At least, he has turned Lagos to the 5th largest economy in Africa. Now tell us, what is the position of your Atiku's Adamawa and Peter Obi Pandora's Anambra in Africa? Atiku has been ruling Aadamawa by appointing the governors since 1999 and Peter Obi Pandora has been ruling Anambra for the past 16 years. So, tell us the kilometers of road, the numbers of bridges, the numbers of schools and hospitals and the kilometers of water pipeline they have laid since then. We are waiting.
You over sabitivism is really worrying you. I don't know why you arrogate everything to Tinubu. As far as I am concerned, Tinubu's only achievement is the control of the political space of thr SW. Being a God father. That's all. So stop all this SM campaign because Tinubu is only after self adulation and nothing else. Its all political machismo and ego trip.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Drogunov: 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2021
techWriter5:
Lagos is the 5th largest recession partly because of the ingenuity of a particular tribesmen...

If the ingenuity cannot be replicated elsewhere apart from Lagos, then its not real. Igbos are entrepreneural but not industrious. And the reason why they do well in Lagos in terms of entrepreneurship is because Lagos, indeed the SW, allowed it. So don't come here and be boasting of what not.

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by oyatz(m): 3:59pm On Dec 22, 2021
FarahAideed:

Lagos is the 5th largest economy partly because of the industriousness of a particular tribe...
You didn't answer the other parts of the questions sir.

How many kilometers of road had been constructed in Adamawa and Anambra States since 1999?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Beejayy20(m): 4:09pm On Dec 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Yes, it is not a must to stay in lagos but people should stop hyping lagos. lagos is as polluted as PH or even polluted than PH.

says by low life omo Igbo that has nothing meaning in life
if remains where it for the next 50 years all SE region put together won't achieve what lagas has.
oloribu cannibal below is aba

3 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 22, 2021
Beejayy20:

says by low life omo Igbo that has nothing meaning in life
if remains where it for the next 50 years all SE region put together won't achieve what lagas has.
oloribu cannibal below is aba

One of the most beautiful places in lagos state

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Christistruth00: 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Let me burst your bubble, even in the height of boko haram in borno state, the vast majority of borno elites were living in Maiduguri.

Fyi again, Northern elites don't live in Lagos or in the South, the highest they can go to live is in Abuja.

We can say that about your elites, who will run to france or uk once crises start

Dangote lives in Lagos
Lamido Sanusi too

3 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by 9gerian: 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2021
Dangote

thebosstrevor1:

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2021
Dsalvo:

Your problem is that you're an insecure, petty little man. Live in your Maiduguri or wherever and leave others in peace to hype where they live. That is what secure folks, satisfied with their lives, do.

When you go out of your way to try and rain on the parade of stakeholders , as an outsider, the psychological interpretation is that you're envious of them.

If you hype Kano or Sokoto all day then not my business let alone I would ever be interested in starting a thread to denigrate the two.

I am happy in Lagos that provides me everything I need, professionally and personally, from an African Country giving my reality as a citizen of the world and a very exposed individual.

Your dumb thread just highlights why Lagosians are comparatively happy with their state and why they are far ahead of insecure and d1ck comparing Villagers like you. The best, most vibrant, most cosmopolitan and most cutting-edge existence is in Lagos not your silly Maiduguri or anywhere else.

Enjoy lagos...i know you haven't cross Ibadan express way before.

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 22, 2021
Christistruth00:

Dangote lives in Lagos
Lamido Sanusi too

And you are happy, he lives in lagos and kano.

He is the richest man in Africa, he is even richer than lagos, he literally conquer lagos, while you guys were pounding amala.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ttalk:

Governor Abdul’aziz Abubakar Yari Of Zamfara Builds $3m Hotel In Lagos With Funds Stolen From Paris Club Refund Cash
Economic and financial Crimes Commission officials in Lagos said they have found a hotel being constructed by Governor Yari of Zamfara state with $3m he stole from London-Paris Club loan refund to Nigerian states.

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKMAY 14, 2017

Economic and financial Crimes Commission officials in Lagos said they have found a hotel being constructed by Governor Yari of Zamfara state with $3m he stole from London-Paris Club loan refund to Nigerian states.

The governor who is the chairman of the Governor’s Forum illegally diverted N19billion reportedly meant for "consultants" from the Paris club loan refund which had been illegally paid into the account of the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) by Nigeria’s Minister of France, Kemi Adeosun and the Central Bank of Nigeria.

SaharaReporters learnt that the hotel is a 100-room property situated in Lekki area of Lagos.

EFCC officials said they have already marked down the hotel as proceeds of corruption and plan to take it over after obtaining a court order.

Apart from the $3million, Governor Yari also diverted N500 million from the Paris Club refund to pay off a loan, an Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) source revealed to SaharaReporters.

According to the source, Mr. Yari withdrew N500m from the N19 billion Paris Club refund from the account of Nigeria Governors Forum from the N522b allocated to the 36 states and deposited the sum into a mortgage bank account.

Mr. Yari then transferred the sum to the mortgage bank from which he had borrowed N800m to purchase to properties in 2013. According to the source, the governor was able to renegotiate his debt from N800m to N500m.

Abdulaziz Abubakar Yari
Overall the governor is said to have embezzled the sum of N2.2 billion from the N19billion set aside illegally to pay "consultants."

SaharaReporters had earlier revealed that Senate President Bukola Saraki and his cronies are also being investigated by the EFCC for his role in the embezzlement of N3.5b from the Paris Club loan through the slush fund placed at the Access Bank by the Nigeria Governors Forum, who claimed it was meant for consultants.
SEE ALSO

Ok. Foreigners taking all over lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 22, 2021
Christistruth00:

Dangote lives in Lagos
Lamido Sanusi too

Sanusi lives in Kaduna.

Dangote lives in both lagos and kano.

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Nobody is inviting you to Lagos pig.

A pig like you should be grateful to one Nigeria

You would have been in the league of CAR and Chad if not for Nigeria

Elede!!

Who is the pig

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Who is the pig
You're the pig abok!

I no get time to dey exchange chidish pictures.

We all know how poverty is smiling on more of your people.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Pmedia7787: 4:27pm On Dec 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Yes, lagos is the commercial capital of Nigeria, apart from that, lagos has nothing to show.

It is chaotic, disorganized, dirty and it smells, open gutters is the " beauty" of lagos. Even the so called posh areas are not left out.

Lagos shouldn't be the example of development or of progress in Nigeria, like can you imagine, that lagos used state funds to dermacate state roads for so called BRT buses, only for a private bus company to be the only legitimate user of the road, like who demarcate state roads for a private company to use?

Or is development about building a bus station using state funds only for your private bus company to have a special area, like who does that?

Most people will say Eko oni baje, i guess that means, lagos won't spoil but damn the city is already spoit, like no good road system, traffic everywhere, pollution is the order of the day, crime is an everyday occurrence, imagine no electricity in a state with the title of commercial city of the country.

Like i don't really understand the hype of lagos, like what is the selling point, the island looks like a washed up low tier city in China, while the main land is like a disorganized village.

Like i am still asking myself, what is the hype of this city, like what is the hype, i think most of the hype of lagos, comes from people who have never left lagos for any other city, they were born and bred in lagos and they will die there, so they hype their city to the point of believing their own lies of their city.

The people hyping Lagos,are people who haven't tasted anything better in their life,

Fyi...we have no organized city in Nigeria as of today,

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by OBALOLA55(m): 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2021
seunmsg:

Well, those who like Lagos will continue to hype Lagos for reasons best known to them and there is nothing haters like you can do about it other than rant meaninglessly online.
COME E BE LIKE SAY YOU NOR WANT MAKE YOUR SLAVE MASTERS SUPPORT THE IRAGBIJI MAN IN 2023

THEBOSSTREVOR1 KINDLY FORGIVE THAT TINUBU BOY ABEG

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by OBALOLA55(m): 4:32pm On Dec 22, 2021
FarahAideed:

Lagos is the 5th largest economy partly because of the industriousness of a particular tribe...
WHAT IS WRONG WITH IGBO PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM SEF THIS IS PURELY A SLAVE AND MASTERS PROBLEM BUT YOU GUYS WILL SHA MEDDLE INTO SOMETHING WEY NOR CONCERN UNA.

DEM SWEAR FOR MY FELLOW IGBO BRETHREN ON NAIRALAND angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by OBALOLA55(m): 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

COMRADE INCREASE THE VOLUME ABEG grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Community Relationship: Nigerian Military Organises Dance Competition In Plateau / Why Can't The Anambra State Government Build The Second River Niger Bridge??? / I Won’t Disclose Those Eligible To Be In My New Cabinet – Buhari Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.