Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? (7180 Views)

Nigerian Players Do Not Deserve CAF Awards - Okocha / D-day Is Here! Mali Vs Nigeria Which Players Do You Think Will Score For Nigeria / Nigerian Ex International Felix Okafor Jailed For Hard Drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by playboy19(m): 9:00am On Jun 15, 2011
It was just like any other day, i was hanging out with my friends chit chatting. Topic after topic, then we finally landed on Nigerian Football. The topic was who was better or more relevant between Ex international Nwankwo Kanu and Austin Jay Jay Okocha. The arguement went on and on until some other friends started mentioning other names, like Sunday Olise, Tijani Babangida and others.

I want to know you guys personal opinion about this. Which of Nigeria's Ex Players do you miss most and why?

Please don't derail this thread or turn it to a tribal issue. Thanks.
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by daybyday(m): 11:50am On Jun 15, 2011
Although Kanu happens to be the most successful but talk of glamour, innovation, entertainment, and value to football, give it to Okocha. No Nigerian player has ever taken entertainment football beyond the chores of this continent than J.J Okocha. Ask Ronaldihno who inspired him with all the tricks he performs in football, its Okocha. He may not win awards but Nigerians and indeed the whole world knows J.J is the greatest footballer thus far in Nigeria.
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by Syenite(m): 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2011
Rashidi Yekini. Nigeria hadly played a goaless game during his reign.If we won 4-0 Reshidi would score atleast 2goals.
If he was in that team to Ethiopia we would probably had won 4-2. wink
If it was Yekini that got that chance Yak got and missed against Korea during the last WC the ball would have toren the net and killed a spectator at the stand. grin

He is (argueably)our most prolific striker ever.
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by honeric01(m): 2:08pm On Jun 15, 2011
Oh my Sunday Oliseh, since you left, we are yet to find a 4 like you. sad
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by medjai(m): 11:54pm On Jun 15, 2011
Syenite:

Rashidi Yekini. Nigeria hadly played a goaless game during his reign.If we won 4-0 Reshidi would score atleast 2goals.
If he was in that team to Ethiopia we would probably had won 4-2. wink
If it was Yekini that got that chance Yak got and missed against Korea during the last WC the ball would have toren the net and killed a spectator at the stand. grin

He is (argueably)our most prolific striker ever.
Not arguably, he's our most prolific striker ever.
37 goals in 58 appearances for the Super Eagles. He's our all time highest goal scorer.

I miss Okocha the most. We've not had a midfield since JJ retired.
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by medjai(m): 12:00am On Jun 16, 2011
daybyday:

Although Kanu happens to be the most successful but talk of glamour, innovation, entertainment, and value to football, give it to Okocha. No Nigerian player has ever taken entertainment football beyond the chores of this continent than J.J Okocha. Ask Ronaldihno who inspired him with all the tricks he performs in football, its Okocha. He may not win awards but Nigerians and indeed the whole world knows J.J is the greatest footballer thus far in Nigeria.
People keep saying this but it's not true. Ronaldinho has always been good at dribbling since his days at Gremio in Brazil.
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by efepro(m): 9:00am On Jun 16, 2011
JJ Okocha,i miss his dribblin skills;his smiles whn he scored and missed d ball.
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by Emeka72(m): 9:19am On Jun 16, 2011
I miss Rasheedi YEKINI. Nigerias true king of goal scoring. In fact his only desire in any match played for Nigeria is to score goals. He is the best striker I Nigeria has ever known.
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:29am On Jun 16, 2011
Emeka 7.:

I miss Rasheedi YEKINI. Nigerias true king of goal scoring. In fact his only desire in any match played for Nigeria is to score goals. He is the best striker I Nigeria has ever known.

You are right on the money. Goals-Father Rashidi Yekini is a striker i miss so much and because we now have shorter and less-muscled strikers makes me miss him all the more. He is the Didier Drogba of the Super Eagles.

I also Miss Emmanel Amuneke, Finidi George and Tijani Babangida, those were the days
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by bisiaet: 10:31am On Jun 16, 2011
Jay Jay Okocha
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by Intrepid1(m): 10:31am On Jun 16, 2011
daybyday:

Oga, Okocha was playing foorball before Ronaldinho lost his virginity! Una can like to lie in this Nigeria!

Finidi George was an elegant winger. His pin-point passes and crosses into the box were instrumental to Rashidi Yekini's numerous goals.

Having said that, Jay Jay is the most missed Nigerian footballer. His leadership qualities and undoubted skills are missing in this crop of jokers.
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 16, 2011
i miss Amokachi so much kiss
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by babyme1(f): 10:33am On Jun 16, 2011
Rashidi Yekini ( I love the name) cheesy
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by kolaoloye(m): 10:34am On Jun 16, 2011
Jay-Jay Okocha.
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by midep: 10:35am On Jun 16, 2011
Etim - Esin and Baruwa omo Alhaja.
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by Amjustme: 10:37am On Jun 16, 2011
Jay Jay Okocha of course, then Rasheed Yekini.
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by mallorca(m): 10:37am On Jun 16, 2011
Abiodun Baruwa, i miss him so much
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by Amjustme: 10:37am On Jun 16, 2011
O! i forgot Peter Rufai too!
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by hane(m): 10:38am On Jun 16, 2011
Rashidi YeKING
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by shadrach77: 10:40am On Jun 16, 2011
rashidi yekini cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by pepperoni(f): 10:41am On Jun 16, 2011
Jay Jay Okocha and Sunday Oliseh tongue
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by babyboy3(m): 10:43am On Jun 16, 2011
Am sorry it has to be Rashidi Yekini.

You would have to have the balls to stand in a wall when Yekini lines up for a free kick
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by Woke4all(m): 10:44am On Jun 16, 2011
Taribo West
Missed his crazy Terry G hair styles.  grin
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by ideylaff: 10:50am On Jun 16, 2011
How can you 4get Segun Mathematical Odegbami and Xtian Chukwu, the Charman of the Defence,
ka i we don get players ooooo

Kunle Awesu
Adokie Amasiemaka
Andrew Uwe
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by ypad: 10:50am On Jun 16, 2011
Jay Jay Okocha
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by dempeople(m): 11:06am On Jun 16, 2011
My choice is between Jay Jay and Rashidi.

Jay Jay - for his dribbling skills and Rashidi for his passionate play.

The last I read about Rashidi in the papers, he was said to be living a reclusive lifestyle in Ibadan somewhere near Liberty stadium. I was concerned about this until I read that he's quite OK financially. That was good news. He somehow felt betrayed by lots of people he had helped in life. Would like to meet this great man someday!
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by blackchief(m): 11:08am On Jun 16, 2011
RASHIDE YEKINI the goal King any day. Stop watching most of our game ever since he left the Eagles.
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by lovejo(m): 11:14am On Jun 16, 2011
kaita and yakubu
but sincerely AMUNIKE
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by Refugee1: 11:17am On Jun 16, 2011
For the old schools, I give it to Teslim "Thunder" Balogun.

J.J Okocha lifted the beauty of Nigerian football during his days and up till no one has been able to recreate  and strengthen the national team midfield like him. Though he didn't win many awards like other players of his caliber, he is unarguably the best Nigeria has ever produced.
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by Weezzy: 11:18am On Jun 16, 2011
It has to be jay jay, he was simply awesome, he is every manager's dream and every fan's fantasy, I miss his creativity just so much!!
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by Ibime(m): 11:18am On Jun 16, 2011
I was never a fan of JJ. He's more like a ball juggler.

In order of EFFECTIVENESS, the players I miss most in SE are:

(1.) Sunday Oliseh - Midfield Maestro with a better passing game than JJ

(2.) Finidi George - All his crosses are on point

(3.) Emmanuel Ameneke - One shot, one goal

(4.) Rashid Yekini - Mr Tear the net

(5.) Mutiu Adepoju - Headmaster or Mr utility player - can play centre-mid, left wing, right wing, right back and second striker.
Re: Who Or Whom Among The Nigerian Ex Players Do You Miss Most? by nolongtin(m): 11:26am On Jun 16, 2011
muda lawal,uche okechukwu,steven keshi,segun odegbami,elastic elaho,henry nwosu,yekini rashidi,sunday oilseh,chidi nwanu,john ene okon,emmanuel amunike,etim esin,friday ekpo,finidi gorge, samson siasia,daniel amokachie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Malawi Lose To Botswana Ahead Of Eagles Clash / World Cup Awards 2010 / Lionel Messi Has Finally Answered Those Who Said He Cant Do It In England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.