Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,878 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai (27857 Views)

Learn How To Fix Your Phone Fault Yourself: Safe Money Giving To Phone Engineers / Phone Engineers I Need Help!! / For The Phone Engineers In This House - How To Service A Phone And Make It Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by rave1047: 8:45am On Dec 25, 2021
Your Phones authorized service center is better
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Fiscus105(m): 8:45am On Dec 25, 2021
Joysticks:
My nephew carelessly pressed the sleep button on the tv in our house.The screen went blank but the red power on button was showing when I switched on the tv.I tried all techniques to make it turned on but it didn't.So I took it to a tv repairer.He charged me #1500 and asked me to come back the next day.After repairing it I took it home.
As i was using the remote to search for channels.I mistakenly pressed the sleep button and the tv went blank but the red light power button was on.I pressed the sleep button again the tv screen came up.That was how I knew that nothing serious happened to my tv.

That's y u are not an illiterate, manuals are meant to do correct all these small fault

Meanwhile, if anything happen to any of ur electronics or engines, common sense demand that you discuss it with any of ur friend or neighbor using similar thing , in other not to be suck dry by naija people.

Before I take my car to repairers, I must discuss it to my friends using car, most especially if its fault that never developed since I bought it, this makes it difficult for any repairers to extort me.
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Richy4(m): 8:46am On Dec 25, 2021
Mechanics are the most annoying... Some times I wonder if they laugh at their customers at their backs.. Especially people like me that got zero knowledge of it

2 Likes

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 25, 2021
mofedamijo:
Same people will blame Dangote for selling cement higher. I don't know what 2k can buy in Nigeria now, nevertheless, the repairer should have charged the man something fair, then teach the man how to do it next time. Where I live, thats the way they do things.

Nigeria will be better when the people are ready.
Fixing of phone without care can cause problem between the engineer and his customer.Havent you heard how some engineer damage customer's phone in the process of getting it fixed.That is why they charge extra.In case a problem comes up.They will use part of the money to buy the part.
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by KNOWMORE56: 8:47am On Dec 25, 2021
matrix199:

Well, the engineer runs a business venture, not an NGO. The same man might be charging his clients, customers, or patients exorbitant fees. Cycle of life!

No justification - it's wrong to charge people (high price) for a minor fault

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by phemmyfour: 8:47am On Dec 25, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

Because he should have told the man how to do it and save the man some money.

Bad things happen because good people say nothing.
Incorrect

Information is not cheap, people have to pay for it.

I ve unlocked many phones here with free information that's readily available online but I made sure my service wasn't FREE. You just have to pay for knowledge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Bizibi(m): 8:50am On Dec 25, 2021
Richy4:
Mechanics are the most annoying... Some times I wonder if they laugh at their customers at their backs.. Especially people like me that got zero knowledge of it
hahahaha,this reminds me of a particular mechanic that used to service my car anytime I am in Benin city. I suffer for that guy hand....

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by KNOWMORE56: 8:50am On Dec 25, 2021
Homeboiy:
Op you dey talk nonsense

You know how much we paid to learn the work

With drinks wey follow am

I don unclip screen of tab 3 , then clip am back

Collect 15k.

No be charity organization we de run

You don even ask how many times we pay people back

I change screen for person on Monday, on Tuesday afternoon e show white

I had to buy another screen of 14k for the person

Because he no go wan hear story

No justification,it's wrong to charge people (high price) for a minor fault
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Gee64: 8:50am On Dec 25, 2021
The truth is that the average Nigerian cannot be trusted when it concerns money.
They are dubious and have recently become wicked!
Something is wrong somewhere methinks.

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by akpota(m): 8:56am On Dec 25, 2021
laluski:
So I'm presently at a phone Engineer shop trying to repair the screen of my wife's phone. This gentlemen walks in and complains of the voice assistant speaking all the time. Instantly I knew someone( maybe his kids) had tampered with the accessibility settings meant for blind people etc.

This engineer spoke out my thoughts to the man and charged him 2k.. I weak. The man pay o.. something wei no go take me 5 seconds...d man beg to 1k, this engineer no gree...the man pay the money... I just shook my head and dey laugh for my mind
He did no wrong bro.
He only charged to fix it.
For the fact he told him what happened self, the repairer na straight man.
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Psoul(m): 8:57am On Dec 25, 2021
One NTA director who usually comes to my office became my friend. One day, he came to me with his laptop telling me that it has screen problem.

He took it to a repairer. The guy charged him 12k to fix the screen. He begged the guy to collect 5k but the guy refused. He told the guy that he will come back.

He came to me, showed me the laptop and narrated to me his talk with the repairer. I took the laptop and told him to go and come back later that I can fix it for him.
Do you know the problem of the laptop. Like the man mistakenly changed the background theme and lines appeared behind the screen which looked liked cracked screen. ���

I just changed the theme. When he came back I gave him the laptop. He asked for how much to pay, I asked him how much can he afford. He said 5k when he gave me the money, I collected 2k and gave him 3k back. He asked why, I told him that what I did was not even up to 2k. He was so happy. Since that day, the man will just be dashing me money from time to time.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by kingphilip(m): 9:00am On Dec 25, 2021
My take on this matter is simple.

As much as you want to charge, charge but don't be dishonest in doing that.

Don't say you'd have to change this and that and you know it doesn't require that at all so the client will pay higher.

Dishonesty will ruin you more than a higher charge.

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by RSVP: 9:04am On Dec 25, 2021
phemmyfour:
Incorrect

Information is not cheap, people have to pay for it.

I ve unlocked many phones here with free information that's readily available online but I made sure my service wasn't FREE. You just have to pay for knowledge

People used to pay me to configure their phone to enable them browse back then when java,symbian and all dis chinko phones just came out.

All I did was just to create a new profile and insert the network IP and APN manually. Then Boom!
The owner will be amazed and me sef dey feel like one badazz hacker grin grin grin.

All dis people shouting dishonest here and there making me wanna ask if there's another meaning to dishonesty sha...
Nobi same logic make Emeka wey bought jean 4k dey sell ham give customer 8k nah honesty be dat?
No worri .... Nah una go first enter hell fire when bro J ready to blow trumpet grin
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by damosade(m): 9:10am On Dec 25, 2021
Me that paid 2k for reducing the engine oil in my generator nko..
And he still keep the engine oil.

Knowledge they say is power
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:13am On Dec 25, 2021
CrownOfClay724:
Sadly, this thing is everywhere.

In fact , na their kind mindset I wan take enter 2022.

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by floss(m): 9:13am On Dec 25, 2021
Holla911:

Pele o!
Mr god the judge angry

I like your type
"as long as it didn't happen to me I'm okay with it"

I will encourage you to continue being that kind of person it pays.
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by bitbillionaire: 9:14am On Dec 25, 2021
Bizibi:
exactly!!! Dishonest people full this country. Charge him fair then teach him how to adjust the settings on his phone.

Some of them are even supporting the rubbish,it is not every little chance that one cheats to make money. Haaa

You and the man you quoted funny sha.

The technician should teach him how to adjust the settings on his phone just like that? Have you forgotten he is in business to make money just like every businessman?

If he has to teach everyone how to fix their phone problems by themselves how long do you think the man would be in business?
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by kingphilip(m): 9:14am On Dec 25, 2021
RSVP:

People used to pay me to configure their phone to enable them browse back then when java,symbian and all dis chinko phones just came out.

All I did was just to create a new profile and insert the network IP and APN manually. Then Boom!
The owner will be amazed and me sef dey feel like one badazz hacker grin grin grin.

All dis people shouting dishonest here and there making me wanna ask if there's another meaning to dishonesty sha...
Nobi same logic make Emeka wey bought jean 4k dey sell ham give customer 8k nah honesty be dat?
No worri .... Nah una go first enter hell fire when bro J ready to blow trumpet grin
It depends on the type of dishonesty.

You can charge whatever you want but don't lace it with lies in order to make it look as if you want to do something huge on it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Springboot: 9:16am On Dec 25, 2021
There's no difference btw you and the phone repairer.
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Lavisha(f): 9:16am On Dec 25, 2021
matrix199:

Well, the engineer runs a business venture, not an NGO. The same man might be charging his clients, customers, or patients exorbitant fees. Cycle of life!

The Customer maybe a Policeman, Nepa man, Auto Mechanic..

Most of those guys no go die well
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by meedoLock(m): 9:17am On Dec 25, 2021
NewDelhi:

When I was doing my masters degree some years back, my laptop had fault. The screen went blank with constant beeping sound.. Went to a technician and they charged 5k. Weeks later, the same problem. Went again, they charged 5k again but bargained to 3k since I've been there before. I accused them of doing a bad job but they kept arguing I was the one that was rough handling the laptop. No problem , I paid and they fixed it. A month later, same problem but this time around I wasn't ready to spend another dime. After hours of research on YouTube, I dressed up, flagged a bike down and went to buy this multi screw driver set. Got back home and dismantled the laptop with the aid of YouTube. To my surprise, it was something petty I've been wasting money on lol. It was just a dislocated VLC wire from it's location. All you have to do is just fix it back into position and your laptop is as good as new..

Anyways, the worse of them are auto mechanics. Those ones will feed on your ignorance.

Are you sure of all of that? Because it takes a laptop repair expert to open and couple a laptop, not the other way round. You can only try ur short as a novice on desktop system cos it's easier to work on.

You might want to know where I'm coming from, I'm a computer engineer, so I'm talking from experiences. However, When ur system malfunction within a month of repairing it, you are not expected to pay a dime when you return it to the engineer.
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Bizibi(m): 9:18am On Dec 25, 2021
bitbillionaire:

You and the man you quoted funny sha.

The technician should teach him how to adjust the settings on his phone just like that? Have you forgotten he is in business to make money just like every businessman?

If he has to teach everyone how to fix their phone problems by themselves how long do you think the man would be in business?
what the hell is wrong with some of you, this is what an engineer did for me 15 years ago,if it is a minor problem he tells me what to do to adjust the settings on the phone, It is a minor issue. Haaa some Nigerians....

That particular engineer benefitted alot from me then.... some of you don't know what it means to be straight forward in business.

Little things matter alot....

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Poopypants: 9:18am On Dec 25, 2021
NewDelhi:

When I was doing my masters degree some years back, my laptop had fault. The screen went blank with constant beeping sound.. Went to a technician and they charged 5k. Weeks later, the same problem. Went again, they charged 5k again but bargained to 3k since I've been there before. I accused them of doing a bad job but they kept arguing I was the one that was rough handling the laptop. No problem , I paid and they fixed it. A month later, same problem but this time around I wasn't ready to spend another dime. After hours of research on YouTube, I dressed up, flagged a bike down and went to buy this multi screw driver set. Got back home and dismantled the laptop with the aid of YouTube. To my surprise, it was something petty I've been wasting money on lol. It was just a dislocated VLC wire from it's location. All you have to do is just fix it back into position and your laptop is as good as new..

Anyways, the worse of them are auto mechanics. Those ones will feed on your ignorance.
you consider it a minor thing because you took your time to study and learn it .. if everyone took their time to learn things, there would be no need for paid services anymore. No one is ripping anyone off.
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 25, 2021
The day a phone repairer was trying to swindle a woman just to set up her Google account on her phone, I interfered and it led to an argument. These phone technicians are rogues
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by RSVP: 9:22am On Dec 25, 2021
kingphilip:

It depends on the type of dishonesty.

You can charge whatever you want but don't lace it with lies in order to make it look as if you want to do something huge on it

Baba, there is always going to be a level of dishonesty when it comes to business and making money.

Pple will get furious and won't mind paying you NOTHING if they get to know you actually fix their stuff with just a click or little effort.
That's the reality bro.

You think people will buy iphone if everyone knows how to build and assemble that thing?
We paying for knowledge.
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Skillsnigeria: 9:26am On Dec 25, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by dontrulee: 9:28am On Dec 25, 2021
That's how one engineer collect 4k for my hand to change the flex of my Tab.
Later found out that the price was 1,500# I was not mad nor pained at least it lasted and I was satisfied.

I learnt that many people don't have your best interest at heart, everybody just wants to scam everybody. No be so life be na

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Jaysane(m): 9:31am On Dec 25, 2021
Kriss216:

Knowledge is wealth... Now you know

Gbam!!!
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Holysucker(m): 9:33am On Dec 25, 2021
Leave the guy make him dey cap nonsense..
This same customer will not pity you if anything should go wrong..the engineer might even end up paying more than he paid him..some customers are that heartless.

A customers phone might go blank due to one reason or the other,he will come back the next day to accuse you of not fixing his phone well cause you are the one that handled the phone last..if he knows what engineers pass through in the hands of customers he wont be saying all this rubbish.2k is even small sef..he would have charged him 10k.just tell the customer to go and come back in the evening or the next day..so that the work will look serious..that's what I normally do...pity kor pity ni
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Corea4king(m): 9:34am On Dec 25, 2021
floss:

Exactly comrade...on point

In somobody's shop.why not open ur own shop and be helping like that.

Even when I was doing music downloading, I dey charge for common removal of vibration
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Jaysane(m): 9:34am On Dec 25, 2021
padi94:
When they say get knowledge , no knowledge is wasted Una no gree. He is paying the price of ignorance.

���
Thank you my brother
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by GorillaApp(m): 9:39am On Dec 25, 2021
Joysticks:
My nephew carelessly pressed the sleep button on the tv in our house.The screen went blank but the red power on button was showing when I switched on the tv.I tried all techniques to make it turned on but it didn't.So I took it to a tv repairer.He charged me #1500 and asked me to come back the next day.After repairing it I took it home.
As i was using the remote to search for channels.I mistakenly pressed the sleep button and the tv went blank but the red light power button was on.I pressed the sleep button again the tv screen came up.That was how I knew that nothing serious happened to my tv.
I dey for ground dey laff since
Chai nigerians are wicked grin
Ignorance bad sha
I watched TV late into the night and press the sleep button and went to bed. Madam wake up in the morning on TV the thing no gree come on, na im she come wake me say TV don spoil grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Phone Can I Buy With A Budget Of #35,000 / How To Get Mtn N250, N500, N1000 Free Airtime (credit) Bonus While Making Calls / Tecno Spark 4 Talents Hunt In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.