Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai (27860 Views)

Learn How To Fix Your Phone Fault Yourself: Safe Money Giving To Phone Engineers / Phone Engineers I Need Help!! / For The Phone Engineers In This House - How To Service A Phone And Make It Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by kolakolex: 3:23pm On Dec 25, 2021
Elsueno:

I did something similar to one top oga b4, when I was called for the job, I figured it was just a cable that was connected wrongly, so I just fixed it & showed him what was wrong. And said it was on the house.....long story short, d man secured a govt job for my cousin freely smiley

This story caught my attention... little kindness can really go a long way help

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by udemzyudex(m): 3:26pm On Dec 25, 2021
druxlazu:

I will seek for help but not your help man, never need your f*cking help man. Prove you are not a f*ucking Igbo or a relative of a f*ucking Igbo or with a blood of the f*cking Igbo. Prove it.

You've been ignored.

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by kolakolex: 3:38pm On Dec 25, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

If I teach my patients, will they get the medical license?

Use another example. Medicine is not what you just teach people

A) I went to see a doctor for an issue and he wrote drugs for me without telling me what was wrong or what the outcome of the test was.

B) The next time,I came for the same purpose but met another doctor who took time to explain what was wrong with me and first aid treatment that I need to do, In emergency situation and I am not close to hospital.She told me possible causes and how to stay healthy.

Which of the doctors do u think I will prefer to use another time? Most definitely (B).

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by seunH: 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2021
I had an experience as a Veterinarian. A client messaged me on WhatsApp that he needed some medical assistance for his pregnant dog. From the pictures he sent and observation I made, it was really nothing to be worried about and I gave him my reassurance. Everytime he messages me, the only thing I tell him is "all will be well calm down" nothing else!. Fast-forward to delivery date and the dog delivered 8 pups, and he paid me 10,000 naira for my "services" despite several rejections because I didn't render any service, all I did, was saying "all will be well calm down". I wanted to ask, was it okay as I collected the money?

2 Likes

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by brainhgeek(m): 4:50pm On Dec 25, 2021
floss:

I don't understand your question Comrade...try elaborating

You sound like you don't believe the bible
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Damseldammie(f): 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2021
Knowledge is more powerful than power itself....

Omo àsè ló maa s’anwo raré
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Lordedifice1: 5:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
floss:

If there's anything like judgement day, that's if the words found in the Bible happens to come to fulfilment, I bet your own judgement will be greater than that of the phone engineer...Ask me why?

I have no business with what the phone engineer charged the customer, in the eyes of Nigerians the phone engineer is right after all he's not running a charity organization and the Op is right to keep mum but Divine judgement cannot be applied using Nigerian street law of being smart, and because of that @ Op has the greater judgement.

The engineer knows that it's nothing to fix it
Just tell the man or help him change the settings,so the poster is right
There are some money you shouldn't collect, you and I know that,that is wickedness because the phone didn't spoil. Yes we all want to make money but don't make money like this, something that can take him 30secs to set you collect 2k not even 100 or 200 even though it's not right but he took a whole 2k thinking that he's smart or maybe business inclined. So it is totally wrong
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by ultiabaz36(m): 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2021
Elsueno:

Nah, dats just cheating....do u wonder why some hand work people make soo much money but have nothing to show for it at d end of the day...well this is one of the reason.

We are lucky that the whites aren't as greedy and black hearted as Africans when it comes to knowledge cause the world wouldn't have progressed at all.

N500 is enough for his time & also show the owner how to fix it next time undecided

No be Lagos abi?

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Lordedifice1: 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2021
For that
That engineer will suffer for things that suppose go smooth for him because of that wicked act he portrayed
Kindness will take you places
He must reap that bad thing he did
You want to make money buy through this wicked means
He might not even know whether that man was he's God sent helper to help me.
The heart of man is wicked
Karma will follow you engineer
What others get freely you ll pay times 10 to get it and you won't get it
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 25, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

Because he should have told the man how to do it and save the man some money.

Bad things happen because good people say nothing.
And deny the phone repairer his daily bread?
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by floss(m): 5:25pm On Dec 25, 2021
brainhgeek:

You sound like you don't believe the bible

What made you conclude on that?
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by floss(m): 5:26pm On Dec 25, 2021
Lordedifice1:

The engineer knows that it's nothing to fix it
Just tell the man or help him change the settings,so the poster is right
There are some money you shouldn't collect, you and I know that,that is wickedness because the phone didn't spoil. Yes we all want to make money but don't make money like this, something that can take him 30secs to set you collect 2k not even 100 or 200 even though it's not right but he took a whole 2k thinking that he's smart or maybe business inclined. So it is totally wrong
My concern is not even on the phone engineer, it's left between him and his God, my concern is the Op that saw what happened but did nothing.
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Lordedifice1: 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2021
floss:

My concern is not even on the phone engineer, it's left between him and his God, my concern is the Op that saw what happened but did nothing.
Yes i understand you
The Op did nothing because the engineer will attack the Opbfor spoiling business for him
In order to avoid that he kept quiet
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by MisterKay321(m): 6:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
Hassanmaye:

My computer did the Same thing I tried my best to on it, it will on but the screen will not show, I have to pay 3500
Likely ram replacement

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 25, 2021
Hassanmaye:

My computer did the Same thing I tried my best to on it, it will on but the screen will not show, I have to pay 3500
A bad ram can cause this problem.

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Hassanmaye(m): 8:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
Joysticks:
A bad ram can cause this problem.
How do they repair it, change the ram or what
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Hassanmaye(m): 8:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
MisterKay321:

Likely ram replacement
How do they repair it do they change the RAM or what
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 25, 2021
Hassanmaye:

How do they repair it, change the ram or what
Change the ram.But the ram usually have ratings that is compatible with each laptop.Your engineer fix a new ram.

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by MisterKay321(m): 9:03pm On Dec 25, 2021
Hassanmaye:

How do they repair it do they change the RAM or what
The ram is removed. The ram slot is cleaned with brush or with a cleaning liquid and allowed to dry. The ram 'buses' are cleaned too.
If you're lucky, upon reinserting the ram, the laptop displays. If not, another good ram is inserted to make it display.

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Sleekfingers: 9:24pm On Dec 25, 2021
NewDelhi:

When I was doing my masters degree some years back, my laptop had fault. The screen went blank with constant beeping sound.. Went to a technician and they charged 5k. Weeks later, the same problem. Went again, they charged 5k again but bargained to 3k since I've been there before. I accused them of doing a bad job but they kept arguing I was the one that was rough handling the laptop. No problem , I paid and they fixed it. A month later, same problem but this time around I wasn't ready to spend another dime. After hours of research on YouTube, I dressed up, flagged a bike down and went to buy this multi screw driver set. Got back home and dismantled the laptop with the aid of YouTube. To my surprise, it was something petty I've been wasting money on lol. It was just a dislocated VLC wire from it's location. All you have to do is just fix it back into position and your laptop is as good as new..

Anyways, the worse of them are auto mechanics. Those ones will feed on your ignorance.

That's why they say, Knowledge is power.....
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Hassanmaye(m): 9:36pm On Dec 25, 2021
MisterKay321:

The ram is removed. The ram slot is cleaned with brush or with a cleaning liquid and allowed to dry. The ram 'buses' are cleaned too.
If you're lucky, upon reinserting the ram, the laptop displays. If not, another good ram is inserted to make it display.
Indeed knowledge is power that's how engineer collect my money legitimately nawaoo
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Hassanmaye(m): 9:36pm On Dec 25, 2021
Joysticks:
Change the ram.But the ram usually have ratings that is compatible with each laptop.Your engineer fix a new ram.
Indeed knowledge is power, I spend 3500 for that

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by DAVE5(m): 9:53pm On Dec 25, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

Because he should have told the man how to do it and save the man some money.

Bad things happen because good people say nothing.

So how would the engineer pay his shop rent and feed his family?
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Ajimusty2: 10:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
Na God know wetin the phone engineer don chop for ya head
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Hassanmaye(m): 10:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
iamyemiakins:
That was how one woman brought her iPhone 5 to where I was learning iPhone work back then, she complained of it being on silent and she felt it might be faulty, I sha helped her toggle the button beside, collect 1,500 grin
Hahahhahahaha Bad boy
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Hassanmaye(m): 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2021
chloride6:
People still patronise phone repairers?

Lol, anything more than change of screen and battery. Just throw away that phone cos no time...

Hahahhahahaha look at you
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Hassanmaye(m): 10:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
Psoul:
One NTA director who usually comes to my office became my friend. One day, he came to me with his laptop telling me that it has screen problem.

He took it to a repairer. The guy charged him 12k to fix the screen. Me begged the guy to collect 5k but the guy refused. He told the guy that he will come back.

He came to me, showed me the laptop and narrated to me his talk with the repairer. I took the laptop and told him to go and come back later that I can fix it for him.
Do you know the problem of the laptop. Like the man mistakenly changed the background theme and lines appeared behind the screen which looked liked cracked screen. ���

I just changed the theme. When he came back I have him the laptop. He asked for how much to pay, I asked him how much can he afford. He said 5k when he gave me the money, I collected 2k and gave him 3k back. He asked why, I told him that what I did was not even up to 2k. He was so happy. Since that day, the man will just be dashing me money from time to time.
Wow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Hassanmaye(m): 10:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
RSVP:

People used to pay me to configure their phone to enable them browse back then when java,symbian and all dis chinko phones just came out.

All I did was just to create a new profile and insert the network IP and APN manually. Then Boom!
The owner will be amazed and me sef dey feel like one badazz hacker grin grin grin.

All dis people shouting dishonest here and there making me wanna ask if there's another meaning to dishonesty sha...
Nobi same logic make Emeka wey bought jean 4k dey sell ham give customer 8k nah honesty be dat?
No worri .... Nah una go first enter hell fire when bro J ready to blow trumpet grin
Haha
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Hassanmaye(m): 10:32pm On Dec 25, 2021
RSVP:

Baba, there is always going to be a level of dishonesty when it comes to business and making money.

Pple will get furious and won't mind paying you NOTHING if they get to know you actually fix their stuff with just a click or little effort.
That's the reality bro.

You think people will buy iphone if everyone knows how to build and assemble that thing?
We paying for knowledge.
What thing
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Hassanmaye(m): 10:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
Holysucker:
Leave the guy make him dey cap nonsense..
This same customer will not pity you if anything should go wrong..the engineer might even end up paying more than he paid him..some customers are that heartless.

A customers phone might go blank due to one reason or the other,he will come back the next day to accuse you of not fixing his phone well cause you are the one that handled the phone last..if he knows what engineers pass through in the hands of customers he wont be saying all this rubbish.2k is even small sef..he would have charged him 10k.just tell the customer to go and come back in the evening or the next day..so that the work will look serious..that's what I normally do...pity kor pity ni
grin
Re: Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai by Hassanmaye(m): 10:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
GorillaApp:

I dey for ground dey laff since
Chai nigerians are wicked grin
Ignorance bad sha
I watched TV late into the night and press the sleep button and went to bed. Madam wake up in the morning on TV the thing no gree come on, na im she come wake me say TV don spoil grin
Hahahhahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Phone Can I Buy With A Budget Of #35,000 / Tecno Spark 4 Talents Hunt In Lagos (Photos) / How To Get Mtn N250, N500, N1000 Free Airtime (credit) Bonus While Making Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.