Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks (27645 Views)

'Taking Too Much Sugar Or Sugary Drinks Does Not Cause Diabetes' - Doctor Says / Court Rules That ‘total Abstinence Is The Best Option’ Must Be Written On Condom / What Happens To Your Body When You Stop Drinking Sugary Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by olamoses75(m): 11:08am On Dec 25, 2021
BlackfireX:
You see poor people eeeehhhh.... there thinking is so backward.... you didn't drink wine , champagne... it is minerals...

All the so called drinks for four years can't even buy a 600k champagne bottle... poor people are just noisy and irritating...poor people eeeehhhh tuueeh
wetin dis one dey talk na

1 Like

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Omoluabi16(m): 11:15am On Dec 25, 2021
clockwisereport:
My own is biscuit but I will fight it with my life.

Biscuit addiction has killed me
I guess sugary biscuit? I was once like you, with craving for sweets too. Imagine leaving my house just to go buy sweet and lick. I think it has to do with your eating habits while growing up. Some parents always created 'snacks time' alongside the normal 3 square meal.
My advice.. start eating crackers. That yellow tasteless one. make that the only biscuit you eat, then you'd gradually lose the addiction. Again if aboki stall dey front of your house pack comot grin
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Karleb(m): 11:19am On Dec 25, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Her body needs carbohydrates..

Not sugar..

They are not one and the same undecided

Bros, sugar and carbohydrates are the same thing.

The carbohydrate we take are still sugar, that's what they are called.

The sugar people call sugar is actually sucrose. Not all sugars are sweet to the tongue but all na still same thing.

Too much of carbohydrates (sugar) is bad in any form, whether through sugar (sucrose), starch, glucose or any other form.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Bizibi(m): 11:19am On Dec 25, 2021
5 bottles a day!!!! And you are still alive....thank God.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by phemmyfour: 11:20am On Dec 25, 2021
culf:
but your body need sugar too? that means you don't usually take bitter stuffs nor do rigorous activities?

Congrats though, its not easy.
All your rice, eba, fufu etc already contain more than enough sugar needed by the body. Why add artificial Sugar to your struggles
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Bizibi(m): 11:22am On Dec 25, 2021
BlackfireX:
You see poor people eeeehhhh.... there thinking is so backward.... you didn't drink wine , champagne... it is minerals...

All the so called drinks for four years can't even buy a 600k champagne bottle... poor people are just noisy and irritating...poor people eeeehhhh tuueeh
what do really need a 600k bottle of wine for

There is nothing special about champagne, people pay for the brand not the substance.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Fxwarrior: 11:24am On Dec 25, 2021
CandyOps:

So if them ask you "what are the sources of sugar (or glucose) to the body?" you go talk mineral abi?

Epic.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by BlackfireX: 11:24am On Dec 25, 2021
Bizibi:
what do really need a 600k bottle of wine for

There is nothing special about champagne, people pay for the brand not the substance.

Poor people representative spotted.... poor people will go to eat and they will tell the woman to covert meat money to the amala or fufu ... that is the same reasoning you have...

Ewwwww... I have been talking to a poor person...damn it i need to wash up
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Bizibi(m): 11:25am On Dec 25, 2021
BlackfireX:

Poor people representative spotted.... poor people will go to eat and they will tell the woman to covert meat money to the amala or fufu ... that is the same reasoning you have...

Ewwwww... I have been talking to a poor person...damn it i need to wash up
enjoy the cruise.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by BlackfireX: 11:29am On Dec 25, 2021
Bizibi:
enjoy the cruise.

I will boyo...
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by jamesversion: 11:36am On Dec 25, 2021
Curious345:
Good one . Just saved yourself from diabetes & cancer

Funnily, he had preserved his life to still die at a later stage. Do what you like, as much as it doesn't inconvenience someone else.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Kog45(m): 11:50am On Dec 25, 2021
Who tell you say na soft drink dey causes diabetes...just 5 soft drinks daily...come ask some of us wey dey take 10 or more daily...my man my health life is cool....congratulations sha.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 25, 2021
NovesaTillie:
Hurray cheesy cheesy
I think it's worth celebrating my one year anniversary away from taking soft drinks and any kind of Sugary drinks especially because I was so addicted to the extent of drinking 5 bottles of soft drink everyday. It started like a movie and before I knew it, one plastic bottle of soft drink couldn't satisfy me anymore.

From substituting water with soft drink especially during the lock down whenever I had my meal or felt dehydrated to just drinking it for fun and I loved it chilled.
Each time I finished drinking it there was this burst of energy and happiness that follows sad.
I remember a particular weekend when I didn't have any cash on me I begged the neighborhood store to give me a pack of Coca-Cola drink to take me for the weekend till workday before I paid for it.

Then towards the last quarter of the year last year, I started noticing how yellowish my urine became and it dawned on me that I needed to cut down on the intake and so my journey began. It was a tough one because I was already used to taking 5-6 pet bottles daily. But I started by reducing by 1 bottle each week and replacing it with water. By December last year I firmly decided to put an end to what had become my addiction.
Now here I am today, healthier and happier.
No matter how chilled or iced, so far it's soft drink I won't take it. Even at work, when lunch is served I always consciously change my drink for water.
Then at home, whenever the urge came I replaced it with taking fresh fruits juices and smoothies which I make myself..
Who be the person for ur profile pic?
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by AyGrafix: 12:06pm On Dec 25, 2021
NovesaTillie:
Hurray cheesy cheesy
I think it's worth celebrating my one year anniversary away from taking soft drinks and any kind of Sugary drinks especially because I was so addicted to the extent of drinking 5 bottles of soft drink everyday. It started like a movie and before I knew it, one plastic bottle of soft drink couldn't satisfy me anymore.

From substituting water with soft drink especially during the lock down whenever I had my meal or felt dehydrated to just drinking it for fun and I loved it chilled.
Each time I finished drinking it there was this burst of energy and happiness that follows sad.
I remember a particular weekend when I didn't have any cash on me I begged the neighborhood store to give me a pack of Coca-Cola drink to take me for the weekend till workday before I paid for it.

Then towards the last quarter of the year last year, I started noticing how yellowish my urine became and it dawned on me that I needed to cut down on the intake and so my journey began. It was a tough one because I was already used to taking 5-6 pet bottles daily. But I started by reducing by 1 bottle each week and replacing it with water. By December last year I firmly decided to put an end to what had become my addiction.
No matter how chilled or iced, so far it's soft drink I won't take it. Even at work, when lunch is served I always consciously change my drink for water.
Then at home, whenever the urge came I replaced it with taking fresh fruits juices and smoothies which I make myself..

World of champions cheesy

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by nedekid: 12:10pm On Dec 25, 2021
Op I put it to you, you are "obodo oyinbo based"
I am observing you profile picture

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by teepain: 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2021
WibusJaga:

Well, there's really no addictive substance in soft drinks so it's much easier to quit if you decide to, unlike cigarettes & alcohol.

This statement is not true. Soft drinks contain sugar which is one of the most addictive substances in this world.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by mechanics(m): 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
Hmmmmm, beware of your high sugar level.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by BelovedofLord: 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
setobaba:
Is it really Christmas today?
§
If it was up for human beings in power in Naija, to decide; Christmas could have been cancelled this year, due to the wicked heavy load and obnoxious economy!
§
Merry Christmas and a positive wonderful 2022 in advance to you, all my people of goodwill & faith!!!
§
YASHUA (JESUS) LOVES YOU!!!!
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by thorpido(m): 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
Enny2013:
My own addiction is "Nzu" or is it Izu?...
Native chalk.
D addiction is strong.
You eat chalk?
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by francdec4(m): 12:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
Just curious did you notice any sign or experienced any side effects while you were taking daily soda and if yes what has changed since you stopped.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by DarkJeddi(m): 12:25pm On Dec 25, 2021
Karleb:

Bros, sugar and carbohydrates are the same thing.

The carbohydrate we take are still sugar, that's what they are called.

The sugar people call sugar is actually sucrose. Not all sugars are sweet to the tongue but all na still same thing.

Too much of carbohydrates (sugar) is bad in any form, whether through sugar (sucrose), starch, glucose or any other form.
All sugars are sweet..

When you hear sugars..

It means MONOSACHARIDES AND DIASACHARIDES..

Which includes sucrose,fructose,maltose,galactose,glucose,lactose etc

All bar non,are sweet...

All sugars are carbohydrates..

But not all carbohydrates are sugars ..

Why?

Because carbohydrates comes in THREE FORMS..

Monosacharides ,diasacharides and POLYSACCHARIDES..

Polysaccharides are carbohydrates..

BUT they are NOT sugars.. shocked

And yeah..

Too much of everything is bad..

But too much SUGARS are worse than too much polysaccharides..

3 Likes

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by jclassiq(m): 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2021
Curious345:
Good one . Just saved yourself from diabetes & cancer
How does sugary drink cause cancer pls?

1 Like

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by jclassiq(m): 12:32pm On Dec 25, 2021
DarkJeddi:
All sugars are sweet..

When you hear sugars..

All bar non,are sweet...

Why?

That guy confused me for a brief moment shaa. Me, a biochemist.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by jclassiq(m): 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
Justinlean02:
Addiction not an easy road as you think shocked

Can't wait to unleash more African arts to the world through NFT.

Jump in on the future wagon 2022 with massive wealth to claim in NFT Space... Buy tomorrow today.

Serious minded and intentional Nairalanders check out my signature
This is art?
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Karleb(m): 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2021
DarkJeddi:
All sugars are sweet..

When you hear sugars..

All bar non,are sweet...

Why?

Ever heard of complex sugars? undecided

Make your findings before replying this.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by EgusiShankly: 1:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
CandyOps:

So if them ask you "what are the sources of sugar (or glucose) to the body?" you go talk mineral abi?
LMAO

1 Like

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Volksguys1985: 1:05pm On Dec 25, 2021
Enny2013:
My own addiction is "Nzu" or is it Izu?...
Native chalk.
D addiction is strong.
you eat it or what do you do with it,

Me i take school chalk sometimes,but it long i took that.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by jaszplus12(m): 1:06pm On Dec 25, 2021
NovesaTillie:
Hurray cheesy cheesy

Congratulations buddy! Great move, been off sugars over two years myself.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by DarkJeddi(m): 1:12pm On Dec 25, 2021
Karleb:

Ever heard of complex sugars? undecided

Make your findings before replying this.

In the context of nutrition..

Which is the topic of the discussion..

The distinction between simple sugars and polysaccharides is more than academic..
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
NovesaTillie:

it called sugar rush just like the rush in candy crush
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by notoriousbabe: 1:41pm On Dec 25, 2021
clockwisereport:
My own is biscuit but I will fight it with my life.

Biscuit addiction has killed me
your body needs biscuits now, for biscuit bones

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Official Commissioning Of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Nnewi (pic / Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / My Baby Needs Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.