Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks (27635 Views)

'Taking Too Much Sugar Or Sugary Drinks Does Not Cause Diabetes' - Doctor Says / Court Rules That ‘total Abstinence Is The Best Option’ Must Be Written On Condom / What Happens To Your Body When You Stop Drinking Sugary Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by showafrica(m): 1:43pm On Dec 25, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I hardly take soft drinks

All the soft drink I don drink this year no fit reach 5 bottles

Even me... I thank God for that but beer... I dey average 1 carton daily before Buhari happened. Somehow, i also thank God for Buhari... It helped me cut down on green bottles.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by phazotron(m): 1:50pm On Dec 25, 2021
When I dey work for bank, I be regular customer - 2-3 a day. Now wey I no dey there again, I still continue the tradition
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by gbengene1234(m): 1:56pm On Dec 25, 2021
My own na alcohol every day... I was deceiving myself before that I ain't addicted yet but deep down Ii know I wouldn't be able to survive a day without a plastic of origin or imperial blue....Please, who has an idea of how best it can limited�
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by respect80(m): 1:56pm On Dec 25, 2021
jclassiq:

How does sugary drink cause cancer pls?
My bro, I'm eager to learn too o.
Have heard a lot of things being said to be carcinogenic, but I hadn't been lucky enough to know sugar is one of them.
Just getting to know this on NL.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2021
showafrica:

Even me... I thank God for that but beer... I dey average 1 carton daily before Buhari happened. Somehow, i also thank God for Buhari... It helped me cut down on green bottles.
The bolded is funny grin

Nah just Guinness I dey drink, in a day I just take 1 or 2 small stout, but today nah strictly big stout.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by showafrica(m): 2:36pm On Dec 25, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
The bolded is funny grin

Nah just Guinness I dey drink, in a day I just take 1 or 2 small stout, but today nah strictly big stout.

I use to take 4 bottles of big stout every morning on empty stomach, then gym heavily before going to work when my body engines were sound. At some point, the taste changed, i dont know what happened. I suspect the distributor for that area put hand for bad thing. Stout is bae... One big bottle in you is on a healthy path.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Edoziesmart(m): 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
Bizibi:
what do really need a 600k bottle of wine for

There is nothing special about champagne, people pay for the brand not the substance.
Why do you bother to quote that "mama thank you" guy?

I'm very sure the guy life savings is not up to 20,000 naira but he will come nairaland to spew trash. I don't blame him rather I blame the parents that still habour and house him undecided

1 Like

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Cousin9999: 3:06pm On Dec 25, 2021
Great job!
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Karleb(m): 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2021
DarkJeddi:

In the context of nutrition..

Which is the topic of the discussion..

The distinction between simple sugars and polysaccharides is more than academic..

What's funny is that you don't know your "polysaccharides" are also called complex sugars. If we can have simple sugars then what makes you think you can't have complex ones.

When many simple sugars are joined together, what are they called?

I studied carbohydrates for months.

Merry Christmas.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Estellie: 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2021
We are in the same boat. Don’t know how I stopped it buh I did and I’m glad I did cry smiley
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by NovesaTillie(f): 4:04pm On Dec 25, 2021
Killbillz:

Who be the person for ur profile pic?
Me. Is there a problem?
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by meobizy(f): 4:53pm On Dec 25, 2021
It took five years before OP’s urine showed him aftereffects? What was his fear again? Abegi, people disturb themselves too much over little things. Too much thinking will kill anyone.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by okoroemeka(m): 5:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
WibusJaga:

Well, there's really no addictive substance in soft drinks so it's much easier to quit if you decide to, unlike cigarettes & alcohol.
this is not correct,sugar craving is very addictive,it is like drugs and you will drink any soft drink avalible if the craving hits

1 Like

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 25, 2021
NovesaTillie:

Me. Is there a problem?
Problem? Fvck problem.. ur body can cure anything... On a serious note girl u fine die. My exact spec. Small/medium breasts and a well rounded hips. Omor...
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by okoroemeka(m): 5:05pm On Dec 25, 2021
BlackfireX:
You see poor people eeeehhhh.... there thinking is so backward.... you didn't drink wine , champagne... it is minerals...

All the so called drinks for four years can't even buy a 600k champagne bottle... poor people are just noisy and irritating...poor people eeeehhhh tuueeh
if you close your mouth people may think you to be a wise and sensible fellow,but when you decide to open your mouth and speak,be careful of what you say, because people will judge the content of your character out of what comes out of your mouth.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Xtianvic(m): 5:19pm On Dec 25, 2021
WibusJaga:

Well, there's really no addictive substance in soft drinks so it's much easier to quit if you decide to, unlike cigarettes & alcohol.
a bottle of coke contains about 10 cubes of sugar, and sugar is addictive
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Xtianvic(m): 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2021
seborrhic:

So anyone that takes 5 bottles of soft drinks a day comes down with diabetes or cancer?
Illiterate!
whata dovyou think 50 cubes of sugar a day will do to your body? It will weary the system over time and cause insulin resistance will will lead to diabetes
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Xtianvic(m): 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
Royruky:

Soft drinks caused DIABETES and CANCER??

Watin Musa nor go hear for gate

Soft drinks can cause diabetes
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Xtianvic(m): 5:36pm On Dec 25, 2021
ipobarethieves:
sad I Dey drink Pepsi like normal water.I drink sotey I don get blur vision.Abeg,what med can I use to correct dis (diabete/high blood pressure)
stay away feom sugar
A bottle of coke is about 10 cubes of sugar.
Stay away from processed carbohydrates and food.
Stick to natural food esp protein
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Xtianvic(m): 5:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
DroppingLiquid:

It's a good source of sugar and it's important. The OP is probably those kind of people that never do manual labor or exercise in their life. If you do manual labor or exercise, you tend to lower your blood sugar in the process, so drinking soda will not have a negative effect. Also, you can't always count on complex sugars in solid meal because it takes too long to break down and achieve the same effect as soda.

Also, he subsituted water for soda, which is more dangerous than anything.

Water is a thousand times better than soda.
Sugar is poison, call it what it is
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Xtianvic(m): 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2021
Princeadebayo11:
What about taking beverage's like Milo and bournvita. Is it really bad

Get a tin of milo, look at the content you will notice it has 65% of carbohydrates of which 52.7% is sugar.

Hope you know what it means when more than half of the product is sugar?
Always consider sugar as a diluted poison. It will screw you in the long run

1 Like

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Princeadebayo11(m): 5:47pm On Dec 25, 2021
Xtianvic:

Get a tin of milo, look at the content you will notice it has 65% of carbohydrates of which 52.7% is sugar.

Hope you know what it means when more than half of the product is sugar?
Always consider sugar as a diluted poison. It will screw you in the long run
I Just want to start including this in my meal. But it seems is a no no now.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by ipobarethieves: 5:48pm On Dec 25, 2021
Thanks.I appreciate
Xtianvic:
stay away feom sugar
A bottle of coke is about 10 cubes of sugar.
Stay away from processed carbohydrates and food.
Stick to natural food esp protein
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Enny2013(f): 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
Volksguys1985:
you eat it or what do you do with it,

Me i take school chalk sometimes,but it long i took that.

I consume it lyk mad..I at tyms feel lyk licking d ground wen it rained..d smell
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Enny2013(f): 6:04pm On Dec 25, 2021
thorpido:
You eat chalk?

Not d chalk for board o... NATIVE CHALK!!! made of smooth sand
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Volksguys1985: 6:10pm On Dec 25, 2021
Enny2013:

I consume it lyk mad..I at tyms feel lyk licking d ground wen it rained..d smell
i like the smell of rain too, when it fell on dusty sand, it smells good, i don't know i have someone like me.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Enny2013(f): 6:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
Volksguys1985:
i like the smell of rain too, when it fell on dusty sand, it smells good, i don't know i have someone like me.
Lol... mine is quite terrible
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Volksguys1985: 6:41pm On Dec 25, 2021
Enny2013:

Lol... mine is quite terrible
i want to buy chalk when next i go market.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Enny2013(f): 6:43pm On Dec 25, 2021
Volksguys1985:
i want to buy chalk when next i go market.
Wot kind of CHALK? Nzu or?
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by thorpido(m): 7:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
Enny2013:

Not d chalk for board o... NATIVE CHALK!!! made of smooth sand
This seems even worse. Sand?
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Enny2013(f): 7:40pm On Dec 25, 2021
thorpido:
This seems even worse. Sand?
Yea..Do u know it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Official Commissioning Of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Nnewi (pic / LASTMA Official Slumps On Traffic Duty (PHOTO) / Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.