Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks (27643 Views)

'Taking Too Much Sugar Or Sugary Drinks Does Not Cause Diabetes' - Doctor Says / Court Rules That ‘total Abstinence Is The Best Option’ Must Be Written On Condom / What Happens To Your Body When You Stop Drinking Sugary Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by thorpido(m): 7:49pm On Dec 25, 2021
Enny2013:

Yea..Do u know it?
No, but i hear of it.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by seborrhic: 8:04pm On Dec 25, 2021
Xtianvic:
whata dovyou think 50 cubes of sugar a day will do to your body? It will weary the system over time and cause insulin resistance will will lead to diabetes
Na so!
The body will take in 50 cubes of sugar and just stores it all up.Instead of you lots to humble and educate yourself freely,you people insist on posting ignorance with swaga.
Anyway,it's not unexpected,this is a country where supposed educated people some with ph.d's believe ritual money exists and old women can turn to birds and fly in the night.
So yes,everyone that drinks 5 bottles of soft drinks a day will have diabetes and cancer.Hope u are happy now.Now run along,ignoramus!
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Volksguys1985: 9:33pm On Dec 25, 2021
Enny2013:

Wot kind of CHALK? Nzu or?
school chalk, how is Nzu look like
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Enny2013(f): 9:47pm On Dec 25, 2021
Volksguys1985:
school chalk, how is Nzu look like
Nzu is common in d south-east n south- south. It is called Ecko in Benin n Nzu in Igbo

1 Like

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by culf: 9:52pm On Dec 26, 2021
phemmyfour:
All your rice, eba, fufu etc already contain more than enough sugar needed by the body. Why add artificial Sugar to your struggles

sometimes its not enough.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by culf: 9:54pm On Dec 26, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Her body needs carbohydrates..
Not sugar..
They are not one and the same undecided
what's the end product of those carbohydrates?
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by phemmyfour: 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2021
culf:

sometimes its not enough.
Not enough? You need to review your Biology class
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by culf: 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2021
seborrhic:

So anyone that takes 5 bottles of soft drinks a day comes down with diabetes or cancer?
Illiterate!

I believe what she meant is that excess sugar could lead to diabetes
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by culf: 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2021
socialmediaman:

Your body can get sugar from other healthy carbohydrates
Agreed but sometimes its not enough
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by culf: 9:57pm On Dec 26, 2021
omoadeleye:

Sheybe s/he will be taking all these monosaccharides and disaccharide food

abi?
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by culf: 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
CandyOps:

So if them ask you "what are the sources of sugar (or glucose) to the body?" you go talk mineral abi?

hmmmm, make I ignore you first. merry Christmas

1 Like

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by culf: 10:01pm On Dec 26, 2021
phemmyfour:
Not enough? You need to review your Biology class

the last time I check, it takes long for carbohydrates to be converted to sugar that the body need compare to some of these things.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by phemmyfour: 10:07pm On Dec 26, 2021
culf:

the last time I check, it takes long for carbohydrates to be converted to sugar that the body need compare to some of these things.
It takes less than 30mins
An average Nigerian take Carb at least twice a day.

Your saliva contains amylase which converts starch to sugar, so even before the bread or pasta reaches your stomach, some of it has already converted into sugar. The remaining starch is converted rapidly into sugar in your small intestine as your blood sugar will start to rise within 15 minutes of eating starchy carb foods
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Danhumprey: 6:34pm On Dec 27, 2021
Killbillz:

Problem? Fvck problem.. ur body can cure anything... On a serious note girl u fine die. My exact spec. Small/medium breasts and a well rounded hips. Omor...
LMAO. grin grin grin grin grin
Comrade don loose guard.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 27, 2021
Danhumprey:

LMAO. grin grin grin grin grin
Comrade don loose guard.
Omor I swear I looseguard oo grin
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by muheeb01(m): 6:52am On Dec 28, 2021
Congratulations to you

Check my signature and profile for my works....delivery nationwide,my office is in oyo town
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 28, 2021
CandyOps:

So if them ask you "what are the sources of sugar (or glucose) to the body?" you go talk mineral abi?

To me actually, if I don't take raw sugar for about three days, It will affect me.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Greenback: 9:44am On Dec 29, 2021
NovesaTillie:

Me. Is there a problem?
Shattap that's the very hot CeeC,who dash you grin grin grin
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Greenback: 9:45am On Dec 29, 2021
Killbillz:

Problem? Fvck problem.. ur body can cure anything... On a serious note girl u fine die. My exact spec. Small/medium breasts and a well rounded hips. Omor...
See Humperty Dumpertey...so you don't know BBN CeeC again?!
grin
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 29, 2021
Greenback:

See Humperty Dumpertey...so you don't know BBN CeeC again?!
grin
Haaa I done fuckup oo... baba I no dey watch those nonsense naa. And she just still dey style for me ontop the matter. e fit be one hairy balls muthafuka sef... Chai!!!

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Greenback: 11:43am On Dec 29, 2021
Killbillz:

Haaa I done fuckup oo... baba I no dey watch those nonsense naa. And she just still dey style for me ontop the matter. e fit be one hairy balls muthafuka sef... Chai!!!
Hhhahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by LeoFish92(m): 5:33pm On Jan 01, 2022
Volksguys1985:
i like the smell of rain too, when it fell on dusty sand, it smells good, i don't know i have someone like me.

Petrichor. That smell is called Petrichor
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Volksguys1985: 5:53pm On Jan 01, 2022
LeoFish92:

Petrichor. That smell is called Petrichor
so it has a name, i can't wait for rain to fall.
Re: Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks by Ghoxt: 4:09am On Jan 11, 2022
Alcohol is next I suppose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Official Commissioning Of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Nnewi (pic / Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / My Baby Needs Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.