Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student (24637 Views)

Is Kuwait A Good Country To Hustle / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Samueltemi337(m): 8:31am On Dec 25, 2021
I am planing to relocate to New Zealand using the student route.
Want to get a diploma in information technology from Auckland institute of studies.
Is this a good idea?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Samueltemi337(m): 10:09am On Dec 25, 2021
Anyone?
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Cousin9999: 10:58am On Dec 25, 2021
Yes. It's a pretty peaceful place though they have their own problems. It has good infrastructure and a multicultural society. Pay is good even for humble jobs. They also have high quality, free/low cost healthcare.

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by yinkeys(m): 6:16pm On Dec 25, 2021
My sister New Zealand is too far
Imagine spending 2 days journey undecided
Why not consider Luxembourg or Canada
Paying double or triple air fares
It’s your choice at the end of the day

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Samueltemi337(m): 6:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
Cousin9999:
Yes. It's a pretty peaceful place though they have their own problems. It has good infrastructure and a multicultural society. Pay is good even for humble jobs. They also have high quality, free/low cost healthcare.

GDP per Capita
thanks

can I work while schooling?

5 Likes

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Samueltemi337(m): 6:19pm On Dec 25, 2021
yinkeys:
My sister New Zealand is too far Imagine spending 2 days journey undecided Why not consider Luxembourg or Canada Paying double or triple air fares It’s your choice at the end of the day
Canada is expensive

I will check Luxembourg online

5 Likes

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by ednut1(m): 6:40pm On Dec 25, 2021
yinkeys:
My sister New Zealand is too far
Imagine spending 2 days journey undecided
Why not consider Luxembourg or Canada
Paying double or triple air fares
It’s your choice at the end of the day
there is no direct flight to Canada from Nigeria. Egypt and Ethiopia air will take 22 to 24 hours. New zealand takes 26 to 28 hours. So what is the difference

231 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by desi10mi: 6:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
Interested in knowing too

1 Like

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by ednut1(m): 6:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
Samueltemi337:
Canada is expensive

I will check Luxembourg online
new zealand and Australia school fees is more expensive than Canada. Your school fees and living expenses in the school you mentioned is above 16m for the year.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Samueltemi337(m): 6:49pm On Dec 25, 2021
ednut1:
new zealand and Australia school fees is more expensive than Canada. Your school fees and living expenses in the school you mentioned is above 16m for the year.
I saw online that Canada cost around $26,000 while $14,000 for new Zealand

10 Likes

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by ednut1(m): 7:11pm On Dec 25, 2021
Samueltemi337:
I saw online that Canada cost around $26,000 while $14,000 for new Zealand
depends on the school and course . If you check well the top universities in nz are over 44k in new zealand dollars. A school of 14k in nz still needs 10k as living expenses. Not cheap

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Cousin9999: 3:25am On Dec 26, 2021
Samueltemi337:
thanks

can I work while schooling?

"New Zealand student visas usually allow full-time students to work up to 20 hours a week during the academic year and up to 40 hours a week during the summer break. This applies to both secondary school and tertiary students. Research master's and PhD students can work 40 hours a week all year round.

Check your student visa – it will show if (and when) you are allowed to work."

https://www.studyinnewzealand.govt.nz/blog/finding-part-time-work-as-an-international-student/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Cousin9999: 4:01am On Dec 26, 2021
Minimum wage is $20/hr in New Zealand. It seems you can (with roommates) rent a house in certain suburbs of Auckland for $600/mo, but these may be undesirable areas. I'm not sure. You can get everywhere you need to go by bus and train (with a student discount). And you can eat well on a budget. There should be enough left for entertainment and shopping.

Tuition looks expensive though. But you can work full time during the break (3 months) and you can earn enough to save a little in the school year. It still looks rough though.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Karlovych: 4:08am On Dec 26, 2021
The cost of living is very high, it's mostly a tourist hub for foreigners. Just get your education and move to a better place

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Samueltemi337(m): 8:34am On Dec 26, 2021
Cousin9999:

"New Zealand student visas usually allow full-time students to work up to 20 hours a week during the academic year and up to 40 hours a week during the summer break. This applies to both secondary school and tertiary students. Research master's and PhD students can work 40 hours a week all year round.

Check your student visa – it will show if (and when) you are allowed to work."

https://www.studyinnewzealand.govt.nz/blog/finding-part-time-work-as-an-international-student/
Thanks
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by kokkubabboni421(m): 8:45am On Dec 27, 2021
K
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by karzyharsky(m): 8:45am On Dec 27, 2021
Keep asking as if your own country is better

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 27, 2021
One guy dey NZ here try look for hin thread I don forget hin Monika I for tag am .

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by africandollar: 8:46am On Dec 27, 2021
Go ask stylebender. cool

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by optimusprime2(m): 8:46am On Dec 27, 2021
If you have the mind/Cojones for the adventure of your life... if you truly know what's strong with you, Then go for it!!

New Zealand is like nothing you have ever experienced... if you love the most serene, extreme, enchanting and outlandish landscape sceneries the Earth has to offer, then New Zealand is for you.

However, after the wickedly breathtaking scenes, it stops there ...
New Zealand is quite expensive, distant from the rest of the world, unique, a bit bizarre... sorry, not a bit, an extremely bizarre and unusual country with strange lifestyles. Yes there are Earthquakes and occasionally volcanic activity- brace yourself.

Even spoken English sounds strange...
"Rattle ya dags, I'm Knackered up wop wops" trust me, that sentence has a completely sensible meaning if you are in New Zealand. As if that's not enough Say "Kia ora" to another language of New Zealand "Maori". Don't worry, despite the Island-like flare, traditions and customs, New Zealand is sooooo peaceful... Peaceful to the point where its very boring. Even the people are boring, yes oooo! No Dorime. (Then again, boring is subjective).

Yes, you will be completely cutout from Nigeria (Flights to certain destinations are not just very expensive, but very rare to book)... hence, prepare to be an "Alien" to your own country for a loooooong while. While in that "Alien" state, learn how to do a "Haka" ritual with your adopted group of friends... The passion and intensity behind "The Haka" is super cool and scary at the same time.

Lastly folks who go to New Zealand always get absorbed into the strangeness and bizarrely strange enchanting Island, such that they fall in love with the strange, spectacular, breathtaking sights and lifestyles of the country and call it home away from home...

Naaaah I'm kidding, they escape to Australia to restart life again, after a while of dealing with numbing Strangeness in hobbit land grin

106 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by sommy03(m): 8:46am On Dec 27, 2021
As long as it's not Nigeria, it's good. The space grabbers below me might have something to chip in...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Baawaa(m): 8:46am On Dec 27, 2021
Pray about it,let God direct you

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Ogalanyaidi(m): 8:48am On Dec 27, 2021
It's a pretty cool country. I'm in Australia and NZ is a good neighbour

14 Likes

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Poleski: 8:48am On Dec 27, 2021
YES.
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 27, 2021
Yes
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by EmekaBlue(m): 8:49am On Dec 27, 2021
Try Old Zealand

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Creditalerts: 8:49am On Dec 27, 2021
I hate long flying hours is scary

2 Likes

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by hakeem4(m): 8:50am On Dec 27, 2021
Never been there, but I have a friend who went to Australia. Since my friend conformed Australia is cool I believe NZ would be alright.

4 Likes

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:51am On Dec 27, 2021
The future want to Japa to new Zealand

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Skillsnigeria: 8:52am On Dec 27, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Bigcowhorn: 8:52am On Dec 27, 2021
Cousin9999:

GDP per Capita

And you just forgot to mention it's one of the most expensive places on earth to live in.
I spent a month there some years back. I practically deported myself

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Travel Experience To East Africa / Accident Along Kutigi Road, Niger State Kills Many, Injures Others (Graphic) / I Just Survived A Ghastly Motorcycle Accident. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.