Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,194 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. (32760 Views)

Dear Developers: How Do You Keep Yourself Motivated. / Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer / Nigerian Developers How Did You Master Algorithm And Problem Solving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by Adebukky61: 3:13pm On Feb 25, 2022
2nair
Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by Allisgud: 3:14pm On Feb 25, 2022
Hiss's,I even thought is land developer
Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by awoofawoo: 3:15pm On Feb 25, 2022
Hannania:
Wow, that's quite interesting. Never thought the remote gig would be 1/4 of a million. Seems like it was an internship. Overall, that's a nice step process.

For the stack field, seems Node.js(MERN stack) is king. I'm into Java though, trying to wrap my head around Spring Framework, Hibernate and SQL. That's enough for my back end path for now. Got a Gig offer recently, but I rejected it because my Learning is not up to "job" level yet. By March, I would pitch again.

Thanks for your feedback sir.

Are you learning as in self taught or attending institute?
Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by Laryfrosh: 3:15pm On Feb 25, 2022
temmypotter:
Applied online, Started with 30k USD. Now at 54k

God when?
Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by chiedozie198100: 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
temmypotter:

Wow that's great

What's your area of expertise?
Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by dopedan(m): 3:20pm On Feb 25, 2022
Na wa
Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by Theboy21860: 3:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ghanaians got it right with the idea of a forum
Mountainmen88: With this .. com forum, maybe I can achieve my dream of dating a Ghana girl

Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 25, 2022
Hannania:
Wow, that's quite interesting. Never thought the remote gig would be 1/4 of a million. Seems like it was an internship. Overall, that's a nice step process.

For the stack field, seems Node.js(MERN stack) is king. I'm into Java though, trying to wrap my head around Spring Framework, Hibernate and SQL. That's enough for my back end path for now. Got a Gig offer recently, but I rejected it because my Learning is not up to "job" level yet. By March, I would pitch again.

Thanks for your feedback sir.

bro when did you started tech initially ..help a bro
Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by 07kjb: 3:25pm On Feb 25, 2022
Can one learn this developing stuffs without being science inclined? Urgent answers

3 Likes

Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by Digiflex(m): 3:26pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ofadaman:
First job: 2,700$ monthly
Skills: Full stack web dev and web 3.0

JavaScript, html/css , react, Django ,python, databases (four actually) , php, nodejs , java

Moved into data science and engineering
First job: 3,120$ monthly
Skills: AI/ML, MLops, data engineering

Python, R, Pyspark, tensor flows , sql, stats/maths,and ML algorithms, deep learning, image recognition, AI, reinforcement learning ,graphs.

Moving into Blockchain now

Skills needed: Solidity ,web 3.0, blochchain dev, hyper ledgers and cryptography
Exp. Pay:. 8,500$ monthly
Dobbale for you. Are u self-taught or learnt on the job.

4 Likes

Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by DrMuzungu(m): 3:33pm On Feb 25, 2022
Hannania:
Hello Developers in the house.

When I started to read this, my first instinct was to say "Leave Igbos alone" but then I read the rest. The key is to be persistent. First job is the hardest one to get. You have to make sure potential clients believe you can do it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by Lindner: 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2022
Hannania:
Hello Developers in the house. Seeing that a lot of aspiring developers are here, I thought of opening this thread to give our experienced Developers a chance to share and inspire aspiring developers through the following questions been answered.

1. How long did it take you to learn, before you got your first remote job

2. What was the pay

3. Finally, give some times on things you'd do differently if you were to start all over.

I got my first job within the first 4 months of learning. $10/hour. Do not despise the days of small beginnings. grin

I don't think I would do anything differently. I was mentored by experts.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by teewhydope(m): 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ofadaman:

JavaScript, html/css , react, Django ,python, databases (four actually) , php, nodejs , java

Python, R, Pyspark, tensor flows , sql, stats/maths,and ML algorithms, deep learning, image recognition, AI, reinforcement learning ,graphs.

Skills needed: Solidity ,web 3.0, blochchain dev, hyper ledgers and cryptography

we're both moving in the same direction. Exp. pay for blockchain dev is far higher than 8.5k though

4 Likes

Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2022
Yes what's ya questions

3 Likes

Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by Alusiizizi(m): 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2022
Freelance. Pay was paltry and inconsistent at first, but after a 2 years or so, I have many steady, well paying clients and now have time for almost nothing else. I usually expect $4000~$5000 monthly. Some months lower/higher than others. Most of my work is strongly numerical and there's quite a bit of data science. Occasionally some web development. I have a product that I've been working on for a few months now, hopefully I'll be done with it by the end of next month and with good enough marketing I dream of fetching $1000,000 every month.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by konjifide: 3:48pm On Feb 25, 2022
Dim08:
My first pay was N30,000 (Naira equivalent) though not a Developer. But now, I earn average of N504K per week (Nigerian Naira equivalent)

I actually work remotely for a company that pays me 6 figures per week for recommending high value digital products.

I get commission when a sale is made through my customize link.

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS

Assuming you had a friend who wanted to sell her car and she told you to bring a buyer that she would give you 30% commission from the proceed of the car. Fortunately for you, you know somebody who wants to buy a car and introduced the person to your friend. And they eventually close the deal...your friend sold her car for 1,500,000. And like she had promised you, she gave you 30% commission because you were the one that brought the buyer. This meant she gave you 450,000 out of the 1,500,000. Voila!

That's exactly how this business works. The only difference is that we don't sell a physical product
We sell or recommend digital products to people and we earn commission when a sale is made.

Digital products are masterclass courses, video training, ebooks and webinars that teaches how to get a solution or how to prevent or avoid a problem.

What helps me to sell well is because I run adverts on Facebook, twitter and Instagram so I get to reach a lot of people.

TAKE FOR AN EXAMPLE
If 100,000 people see my ads on Facebook....let's say 50,000 of them decide to click on the ads because they are interested in what I am promoting....

Out of this 50,000 let's say only 500 (1%) decide to buy the product which we sell for 40,000 and I get 50% commission

That's 20,000 for each sale I made....

So if 500 people buy among the 100,000 people that see it on Facebook...

That's 500 x 20,000 which is 10 million Naira.

Let's assume only 50 people (0.1%) buy among the 100000 people that saw my ads

That is 50 x 20000 which is 1 million Naira.

Can you see the possibility now....

There is no business as profitable as this business model, it is called AFFILIATE MARKETING.

If you are interested, watch a free video tutorial at https://7starplans.com

The video can be taken down at any time, so watch now at https://7starplans.com
please sir help me with a token I want to learn some tips on YouTube but I don't even have money to buy data

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by konjifide: 3:50pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ofadaman:

boss help me please with some assistance
Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by temitayo315(m): 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ryabcool:
wow God when

Don't be caught up in saying God when. Almost all developers are self taught. I have written a guide on How to learn coding for free online. You may find it helpful. https://teetaryo.com/how-to-learn-coding-for-free-online/

If you're a developer this may help you https://teetaryo.com/12-top-website-for-developers-and-programmers/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by Kay1212: 3:56pm On Feb 25, 2022
Kindly get in touch and let us discuss business

dauddy97:
A good guy I met of Twitter to discuss about my life with. After keeping our friendship for some time, he recommended to someone who recommended me to someone in the US to start online programming tutorial for some selected kids. At first, it seems hard but now, that's what I'm feeding on. I'm not longer there.... But I used that experience to start up my own little online tutoring. You can always check my Data science and data analysis work on Strictly4Data.ml
Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by satowind(m): 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2022
I applied and got it. it was 100k

2 Likes

Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by IamE: 4:04pm On Feb 25, 2022
God bless whoever created this thread.
I am a Self taught front end dev.
HTML, CSS, Java(basic), version control, PHP(basically form use), Email marketing, Cloud Hosting

Started my job search this month. (February)
Jnr front end (keyword) on uk indeed

Been getting so many rejections and "unfortunately' mails.
Not sure why..

Had to build a portfolio website for myself and
Solicited to build a 1 page responsive site for random people for free just to add to my portfolio.

A Devop friend told me I don't need to know all the codes. I only need to know enough to get me the job..

Previously I restricted my search to Manchester (I'll be relocating soon).
Now I will have to spread my tentacles even beyond Europe.

I will also create a LinkedIn profile or learn how to use the premium version.

I hope someone Learns from my steps.
I am open to more tips and recommendation.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by kelvyn7: 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ovaltine:

I would never have learnt C# or .Net. I would stick to JavaScript and all the shades of it.
Then, I'll adopt Google Dev Ecosystem rather than Microsoft.

This your 3rd response has surprised me bro shocked

Why wouldn't you have learnt C#/.Net, please I would like to know because I am planning to learn C#/.Net too
I do mainly Javascript and its variations/frameworks

1 Like

Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by Emma4real333(m): 4:18pm On Feb 25, 2022
Testimonies here are really intimidating and impressive I must say.

I want to start leaning from anywhere but no laptop. Someone should please help a brother

2 Likes

Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by Skillsnigeria: 4:24pm On Feb 25, 2022
Hmmm, he no easy Sha but we thank God. This work is not for lazy person o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by hamtabfawaz(m): 4:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by erenax: 4:28pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ofadaman:

Lai Muhammad
Re: For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. by erenax: 4:30pm On Feb 25, 2022
temmypotter:

Lai Muhammad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Google Launches First Developer Space In Nigeria / OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired / Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.