Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? (4862 Views)

Poll: Should a girl leave her boyfriend if she discovers that he's been cheating

Yes: 51% (19 votes)
No: 48% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Things Women Do When They Are Cheating / 10 Things Men Say When They Are Cheating!!! / The Cry Of A Teenager: Guys In Their Twenties Should Leave Our Girls Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by Free(f): 4:31am On Feb 13, 2007
i really think is all up to her

whether to give him another chance or to leave grin

which i think another chance grin grin
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by crazyp(f): 11:56am On Feb 14, 2007
i dont support cheating b/fs or husbands, but if u leave him cos he cheated on u, whats d guarantee that the next guy u'll meet wont cheat? wink
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by jaybaby(f): 12:55pm On Feb 14, 2007
If ur B/frnd cheats on U-- Leave him but husband dnt ever
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by chances: 2:24pm On Feb 14, 2007
Busta:

@topic.

leave em!
[/quote if u leave dat mean u'll choose to remain single or u keep changin dem d way u change ur clothes, becos 95% of men are d same.
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by zodiac(f): 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2007
wen a man cheats on a woman especially wen they are married, she shouldnt leave him o or else d way she went out is d same way another woman will come into her matrimonial home and it might b too late for d woman 2 come back home.
just b patient with him, show him more love, whenever u suspect that he's goin 2 c d other woman, put a condom in his pocket or luggage. grin so he doesnt give u want u do not deserve.

in whatever u do always remember d features of a virtuous woman,it might not b easy, but it pays well at d end of d day.
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by omogenaija(f): 1:57am On Mar 14, 2007
hmmmm

tough topic,

well i fxcking hate cheater  angry angry angry

now if my man cheats i have to investigate why ,  and if it was for a stupid reason then its done
but if i come to find out that he can justify it which he probably wont be able to then i will stay
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by alabiyemmy(m): 11:52pm On Mar 17, 2007
from frying pan to fire?
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by sisimose(f): 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2007
forgive once i say. twice never grin
for real i have been there, forgive once, when people cheat it is not always about you not being good enough, sometimes situations and state of mind play havoc with you. Women cheat too cry
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by Ilovemyhus(f): 6:35am On Mar 20, 2007
It depends.  undecided

Once maybe but a second time no

But you know what they say once a cheater always a cheater.

If you truly love someone you would not cheat on them
Let alone even think about it.
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by whiteNkem(f): 9:14am On Mar 20, 2007
By cheating he shows disrespect, no appreciation, love etc etc etc
That means it's time for you to move on. I would leave a guy who cheats on me!
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by Cyclone5(m): 9:24am On Mar 20, 2007
There has to be a diference between a serial cheater and a guy who slips once. You do need to make the distinction. People do cheat for a reason. Whether its disrespect, looseness, opportunity, relationship stress; you name it.

If a guy cheats, then you need to take a look at yourself too. Was he a cheater when you met him? Did he cheat on someone else with you? Did you really believe he would change?

Its interesting how people going out with rich men or celebrities are always prepared give them 'one more chance'.
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by sisimose(f): 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2007
Its interesting how people going out with rich men or celebrities are always prepared give them 'one more chance'

so true wink
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by orp: 10:26pm On Mar 20, 2007
marriage/relationship is meant to be enjoyed not endured. Have several heart to heart talks with him and if refuses to change find a responsible person.
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by buzzy606(f): 8:01am On Mar 25, 2007
hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP.

I wish I saw this post sooner, like December 2006. It would have being wonderful. please, this is a serious issue and i really, really need a honest sister & brotherly answers or advice. I have a very good friend , infact, mostly like a sister. she started dating this married man with 2- minor children in the states, though, she said the man told her she loves her and maybe probably marriage if she doesn`t mind. after about 2 years of relationship, gifts, travelling to Nigeria like 3- 4 times in a year, she was engage, pregnant . now, I was surprised. don`t asked!!. I never believed she could do this, (we both go to the same church, if you know what i mean**** don`t ask) On her 4-month ,the man divorce his wife with 2-kids in USA( naija woman too) although, she told as afriend, that the man is having problem with his wife, but , who cares, but as a friend, i told her what goes around comes around. to cut the story short, she gave birth to this child, and the baby die less than 24 hrs. shocking??!!.

In a way, she taught i have something to do with it, the wife abroad doesn`t know nothing so she is out. but my friend now desperately want to win this guy by all means. she quit her job at the bank, and with her man friend`s help , she went to London. but not yet certified. she is now telling other people, and friends that as much as the ex- wife still live she cann`t enjoy this man(the man doesn`t have tons of millions o, but a good job in America) *****

My main point about this thread is, I seriously afraid she might go to far. And ,if something bad happen i wouldn`t be able to live with myself. yes, girls date married man, snacth husbands, but killing?? help me ooooooooooo.
during a ceremony in January,2007 I found out the ex-wife , was somebody to be my own in-law. I was going to be married to her mother`s brother`s son.

members,are you following me? the reason i didn`t put 2 &2 together is because, this ex-wife never do introduction among the two families, she just came home(naija)9years ago to marry in court, so the man can move over there.
as everybody says, America, London , is not easy, na so,so, work work and kids, she never come home with her husband, maybe, I would have known her and at least, save her marriage. BECAUSE, I KNOW WHAT MY FRIEND DID.

So , to those who said men cheat because, their wife did not do what they supposed to do or give, is a lie. men cheat, ok, this man cheat because he taught his wife will never find out because of the distance, and according to him and i quote, don`t worry she cann`t know, and if she does, i`ll scared her with divorced so she will keep shut, and besides, she loves me too much.

If i may tell you,
I think my friend's baby died because, maybe of what she was using during the pregnancy(because she wasn`t so sure who has it) or maybe, possible a punishment from God.

SERIOUSLY WORRIED.
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by buzzy606(f): 5:46am On Mar 27, 2007
buzzy606:

hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   HELP.

I wish I saw this post sooner, like December 2006. It would have being wonderful.  please, this is a serious issue and i really, really need a honest sister & brotherly answers or advice.  I have a very good friend , infact, mostly like a sister.  she started dating this married man  with 2- minor children in the states, though, she said the man told her she loves her and maybe probably marriage if she doesn`t mind. after about 2 years of relationship, gifts, travelling to Nigeria like 3- 4 times in a year, she was engage, pregnant . now, I was surprised. don`t asked!!. I never believed she could do this, (we both go to the same church, if you know what i mean**** don`t ask) On her 4-month ,the man divorce his wife  with 2-kids in USA( naija woman too) although, she told as afriend, that the man is having problem with his wife, but , who cares, but as a friend, i told her what goes around comes around.   to cut the story short, she gave birth to this child, and the baby die less than 24 hrs. shocking??!!.

In a way, she taught i have something to do with it, the wife abroad doesn`t know nothing so she is out. but my friend now desperately want to win this guy by all means. she quit her job at the bank, and with her man friend`s help , she went to London. but not yet certified. she is now telling other people, and friends that as much as the ex- wife still live she cann`t enjoy this man(the man doesn`t have tons of millions o, but a good job in America) ***** 

My main point about this thread is,  I seriously afraid she might go to far.  And ,if something bad happen i wouldn`t be able to live with myself.   yes, girls date married man, snacth husbands, but killing??  help me ooooooooooo.
during a ceremony in January,2007 I found out the ex-wife ,  was somebody to be my own in-law.  I was going to be married to her mother`s brother`s son.

members,are you following me? the reason i didn`t put 2 &2 together is because, this ex-wife never do introduction among the two families, she just came home(naija)9years ago to marry  in court, so the man can move over there.
as everybody says, America, London , is not easy, na so,so, work work and kids, she never come home with her husband, maybe, I would have known her and at least, save her marriage. BECAUSE, I KNOW WHAT MY FRIEND DID.

So , to those who said men cheat because, their wife did not do what they supposed to do or give, is a lie. men cheat, ok, this man cheat because he taught his wife will never find out because of the distance, and according to him and i quote, don`t worry she cann`t know, and if she does, i`ll scared her with divorced so she will keep shut, and besides, she loves me too much.

If i may tell you, 
I think my friend's baby died because,  maybe of what she was using during the pregnancy(because she wasn`t so sure who has it) or maybe, possible a punishment from God.

SERIOUSLY WORRIED.
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by luwala(f): 5:58am On Mar 27, 2007
If ur man cheats dump him like a bowl of dirty water.ko ju be lo
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by mohawkchic(f): 7:40am On Mar 27, 2007
~ I think its all too easy for peeps to speculate what their reaction will be.howevr i am yet to read a reply that reflects the reality of this question posed  undecided  anyhow i use to b one of u's as iin been speculative .actually, i was very certain i'll dump a man who cheats on me faster thn he can say "Am Soory"  grin but what do u knw,i raged,ave nvr known so much anger in my life,but i loved the love-rat n thought y not work things out,give him another chance,u knw what,it don't work like that,i cudnt bring myself to forgive him,i grew to detest all the things i loved about him,i second guessed evry word out of his mouth,once that trust is gone,its dam hard to restore it,he was more affectionate,really did try to make up for his mistake but i cudnt bring myself to love him unconditionally ,three months l8r i broke up w/him,i was gutted,we had such a good thing goin but he let a couple minutes ruin what we had  angry cry he had a choice IMHO undecided
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by whiteNkem(f): 12:15pm On Mar 27, 2007
mohawkchic:

~ actually, i was very certain i'll dump a man who cheats on me faster thn he can say "Am Soory" grin but what do u knw,i raged,ave nvr known so much anger in my life,but i loved the love-rat n thought y not work things out,give him another chance,u knw what,it don't work like that,i cudnt bring myself to forgive him,i grew to detest all the things i loved about him,i second guessed evry word out of his mouth,once that trust is gone,its dam hard to restore it,he was more affectionate,really did try to make up for his mistake but i cudnt bring myself to love him unconditionally

I hear you dear. This is so true; your mind tells you he's not worth it, yet your heart is melting for him. So you give him a second chance. But it's useless; you'll never have the same bond, you'll never fully trust him again. Even if 5 years later you find an unsigned card (that's actually from his sister) saying "I miss you" the first thing that comes into your mind is that he slipped once, why wouldn't he do it again? It's feels so sad, but that is why, when true love is there, one should be really careful not to mess up otherwise, you'll find yourself lost. Now I believe that you come across true love only once in a lifetime!
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by Salena: 3:31pm On Jun 02, 2008
That's not a problem to leave a man when he cheats. women must leave them and don't be cheap.
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by welli(f): 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2008
@ poster,it depends on wat u both once shared nd y he had to cheat.for me,i dnt always mind pple's action but the motive behind it.if his reason 4 cheatin isn't worth it ,den its up to u as an individual to decide if u still wan him /not
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by Duduknight(m): 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2008
Should a woman who sleeps with her husband once in two weeks be hurt if and when her husband sleeps with someone else?

If you leave the first guy and the second guy and third guy and so on , because they cheated, at what point do you accept it? or do you keep moving from guy to guy. It is not right but the reality is that most guys cheat but some are more considerate than others. The older women probably understand what I am trying to say but the younger and less inexperienced ladies keep saying 'leave him', 'dump him', 'kick him to the kerb' etc.
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by amberella: 4:15pm On Jun 02, 2008
It's pathetic when men use their gender as an excuse to behave like morons. "we're men, we can't help it". , for goodness sake, get some self respect!

My husband and I have agreed that cheating is unacceptable in our marriage. We have both agreed that if it happens, the marriage is over. Of course, we can never say that it couldn't happen to us. IF it were to ever happen, we would have to sit down and discuss things and see if we could work through it.

I respect my husband. I adore him. He is intelligent, strong, and capable of making sound decisions. Because I think so highly of him, I have high expectations as well. Those include staying faithful to me.
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by buzyDiva(f): 4:19pm On Jun 02, 2008
@topic,

Yes . . leave em

"Once a cheater, always a dog"!!

b4 u know it now . . he will infect u with STDs and worse, HIV.
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by amberella: 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2008
buzyDiva:

@topic,

Yes . . leave em

"Once a cheater, always a dog"!!

before u know it now . . he will infect u with STDs and worse, HIV.

Exactly!

Some people say you should stay with a cheating man "for the sake of the children". How can you take care of your children when you're sick with AIDS?

I have a close friend whose father infected his mother. Imagine.

Us mothers need to take care of ourselves. We need to be strong and healthy, both physically and psychologically, because our children need us.
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by SweetT1: 4:43pm On Jun 02, 2008
If there is a chance that he wouldn't do it, then i'll say forgive. but if he is an habitual cheater then i say kick his no-good behind to the curb.
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by Kutey: 5:03pm On Jun 02, 2008
shocked I've never heard such a load of nonsense.
If he cheats I'm out. What if he goes out andc atches HIV and brings it back home?
ABEG,
Apart from the fact that if he has done it once he WILL do it again no matter how much he crys and begs its just remorse 'cause he's been found out.

And lets stop with this "oh, men have so much tempation out there"
I'm a female and for every offer of pussy he gets I get 10 of d.i.c.k so PPLLLEEEAAASSSSEE, angry
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by merge(f): 4:36am On Jun 03, 2008
leave him boyfriend and husband
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by jpphilips(m): 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2008
if i am not mistaken,
i think the post is about ur reaction when ur man cheats, not really who cheats most.
i think if anyone wants an honest answer to this, he should listen to the ladies cos the ball is in their court, that notwithstanding, if u wanna know y, then the chaps take the lead;

ladies one thing u must know is that [b]MASCULINE FIDELITY IS GENETICALLY IMPOSSIBLE[/b]some will say ''THEY HAVE A LOT OF SEED TO THROW AROUND''[/color][color=#990000]BUT IN THE REAL SENSE, NOTHING JUSTIFIES INFIDELITY NOT EVEN LOVE
people will always want to justify their actions esp. when they re wrong dats y u hear them hide behind gender, religion, worst of them love, is so pathetic.

i have an advice for the ladies;
we men re not fools albeit some may be players but thy still love with all their heart
they give u the strong man impression but in d end they bury their face in shame and agony.

take a good look @ most playaz marriages today, who do they marry eventually, some low lives i guess, i call them low lives simply becos dey re reaping a nonsense dat good people bid farewell,

how do u think they feel when they realised that they have played away pple dat really make sense and care abt them a lot,
it still boils down to regrets

then i ask; Y[b] DO WE STILL DO THOSE THINGS THAT WE LIVE TO REGRET?[/b]
when u walk, there is a high proclivity u re moving into a better relship cos u re standing on the truth and wot u believe in.

and for the scared ones please the playing men dont really want to die. most of them play safe.

my Advice;

a man dat cheats should be thrown out not because of any of the above reasons but simply because he has abused the priviledge of being in the relship in the first place or is he thinking he owns the girls' life as such can do woteva shit he likes

and secondly he has abused the respect on which the relship. is built

for the guys, take it real easy cos u never know the spirit of feminism will alwayz catch up with u
still on the guys;

do u know that every discerning lady has a natural inbuilt trigger dat tells her u re cheating,d fact dat she hasnt caught u doesnt mean she is oblivious,

she just needs the evidence to confront u. personally, even psychologists re finding it difficult to unravel the misery behind this phenomenum esp when she is in love with u

CHAPS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by kadijen: 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2008
for me ,except ----------- if he cheats on me 3rice then i wont forgive him
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by jkpretty(f): 2:08pm On Jul 17, 2008
@Jp philip
Word! A well articulated reply. smiley
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by ayomifull(f): 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2008
Duduknight:

Should a woman who sleeps with her husband once in two weeks be hurt if and when her husband sleeps with someone else?

Should a man who sleeps with his wife once in 2 weeks be hurt when his wife sleeps with someone else?
Re: Should We Leave Our Men If They Are Cheating? by shylladear(f): 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2008
as for me if i am not married to the guy then the moment he cheats on me its over but if we are married i would appreciate it if he doesnt bring anything that has to do with his affairs to our matrimonial home he can have fun outside but he dare not let me catch he and the bitch or else something bad might happen which i wouldnt want

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cant Someone Hook Up On Nairaland / How Do Ladies See Gap Toothed Guys / 25 Crazy Random Things To Show How Crazy The World Is (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.