Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? (33591 Views)

In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React / Anita & Jide: Man Who Earns ₦15m Asks His Fiancee Who Earns ₦42m To Quit Her Job / I Can't Date Any Lady That Earns Less Than N200K - Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by ema2020: 9:31pm On Dec 26, 2021
steveneche:
Am just curious. With the current state of economy, as a lady, can you marry a guy whose salary is not up to 50k monthly?

Candid opinion please!
i wonder why men wan kill their self on top of women of now a day matter as 4 me am not a slave 2 any woman in the name of that thing call marriage

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by ahnie: 9:32pm On Dec 26, 2021
Yes....as long as he gives me PEACE and attention,I would even bring the moon down for him.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by niel63(m): 9:32pm On Dec 26, 2021
Bia everyone saying it's about how he spends the 50k
I use God beg you, educate me on how best to spend this 50k cos I don't seem to be doing so well.

Please I need candid advice biko.

Modify: I'm still single though grin incase!

5 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by Toks2008(m): 9:33pm On Dec 26, 2021
steveneche:
Am just curious. With the current state of economy, as a lady, can you marry a guy whose salary is not up to 50k monthly?

Candid opinion please!

They can date and fvk a guy who earns less in all styles, they can cook for him and even help him tidy up his room but will frown. At getting married to same guy.

Some ladies baffle me.

Wealth is progressive and life has a way of changing pictures so a guy who earns 40k today may be earning 1M tomorrow and a guy earning 2M a month today may be so jobless and broke tomorrow...

The bottom line is for every lady to be as financially independent as possible so she won't put all her hope on the guy.

9 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by debbydams(f): 9:33pm On Dec 26, 2021
Lol..it depends sha
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by larryking540: 9:35pm On Dec 26, 2021
fitinwell:

Are they responsible..??
if money makes you responsible ,then you have a wrong misconception about money ,I can list successful people who have money but aren't responsible in holding a family together ,,your ability to co ordinate your home your family,makes you a responsible man not the money you have ,....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by larryking540: 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2021
when you read this then you will know women are way smarter than most Nigeria guys

This is why men simp because money is the only real value men can give to women.

The same way pussy is the only real value a woman can give to a man.

Unfortunately, men want a woman's pussy more than women want a man's money... That's why men spend so much to own a single woman and make her happy while the woman gives so little sex and doesn't care

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by ivandragon: 9:38pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Who said anything about being born with a silver spoon and what does that have to do with earning power? undecided

As for the statement in bold, so because these couples live happily on less than 50k a month, we should stop speaking up against poverty and maybe start celebrating it then? There are people who fund happiness even while living homeless, that's no reason not to speak up against homelessness abeg! undecided

Then maybe you should learn to calm down & read... in the same bolded quote you referred to, I also spoke about working hard.

No matter how you speak against poverty, the reality is that not everyone can be rich or wealthy. So what do you want those people to do? Steal? Commit fraud like the yahoo boys some persons seem to praise these days as smart or what?

Anyway, maybe you have the solution to world poverty, if so, I will defer to your position on the issue.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by evil1: 9:39pm On Dec 26, 2021
You brought out the exact thoughts from me
meetme01:
It is not about the salary of the man. It's about being an hustler. Anyone that tells you salary is enough to survive or sustain a family is just deceiving himself. The higher the salary, the higher the expenses.

As a civil servant, that's my take home. I have about 4 different other hustle that bring money. I don't even rely on the salary.
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by Tonytonex(m): 9:39pm On Dec 26, 2021
AGurlnoname:
Can the man marry himself? Is only a wicked man that would propose to a lady when he's earning less than 50k.
foolish talk.
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by stanluiz(m): 9:40pm On Dec 26, 2021
YorubaLord:
Ok, what if the lady is earning below N50K, should any guy marry her? angry
Your head dey there.

Any guy that is earning below 50k shouldn't think of getting married. The same thing apply to ladies that are also earning below 50k.

No guy or any lady should marry a liability.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 26, 2021
Snitch24:
Why does it always has to be based on what the male has to offer or how much he earns so the woman jst come empty handed and headed
This life no jst balance
Because right from time, it's the responsibility of the man to take care of his family. Our fathers took care of our mothers, same with our grandfathers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by vickydevoka(m): 9:42pm On Dec 26, 2021
I hate this topic. This kinda topic is the reason y most ladies are still single

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by dazzlingd(m): 9:42pm On Dec 26, 2021
topoftheworld:

Then allow them to get old in ur custody now, its not all abt how they started but the plans and vision they have together. Ask Obi Cabana n his wife how they started and how they are today..

So all those that did not marry people less than 50k have become old, stop fooling yourself. Financial capability is very key in marriage
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by newoffer: 9:43pm On Dec 26, 2021
A woman will always play games with men. Simps are the reason why women do men yaanga
larryking540:
men please stop embarrassing your selfs ,there is no tree that money falls from

I will say it and I will keep saying it , Nigeria men turned Nigeria women the way they behave today ,take it or leave it ,you create a thread that doubt if you can hold a female.
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by vickydevoka(m): 9:44pm On Dec 26, 2021
dazzlingd:
A man earning less than 50k has no business with marriage ..

I wont allow my niece, sister, daughter, aunty, cousin near a man earning less than 50k in a month, I wont attend the wedding. I'm not a supporter of poverty
It all depends. In the north or West is possible buh u see obi cubana people . U better respect urself and de ur own o. Or better still give gal Belle
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 26, 2021

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by vickydevoka(m): 9:46pm On Dec 26, 2021
Oyindidi:
More like, ladies can you manage a guy that is earns 50k monthly? E go hard o
Same like some men can't marry a lady who doesn't earn. They don't give a fych about her looks buh her job
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by vickydevoka(m): 9:46pm On Dec 26, 2021
sofiscatedmoron:

There are many Yoruba guys earning less than 20k monthly and married
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by vickydevoka(m): 9:47pm On Dec 26, 2021
sofiscatedmoron:

There are many Yoruba guys earning less than 20k monthly and married
Exactly. Even northerners
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by GetMeRight: 9:54pm On Dec 26, 2021
AGurlnoname:
Can the man marry himself? Is only a wicked man that would propose to a lady when he's earning less than 50k.

What would be the contribution of the woman?
What about the prospect of the man? You can start a family with your man with any amount of combined income, just make sure both of you grow financially as your family grows. A family starts with two people, not with three.

Iyaebe:
What you earn shouldn't determine when and if you should marry.

Charmingrascal:
My Sis husband was earning less than 40 thousand when they got married 8 years ago.

Dude is now a millionaire, with his own investments.
It is not really about what he earns it about how smart and hard he can hustle to change his life.

It is about focus and determination to earn more

I started a family when I was in NYSC serving in a community secondary school in 2011, not with NNPC, CBN or FIRS. Came back to a 10k monthly job, wife too, 10k a month. I knew that I had to grow fast financially to accommodate my family that would soon start growing. Today, I have 8 people working for me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by ivandragon: 9:54pm On Dec 26, 2021
vickydevoka:

Exactly. Even northerners

& that is what a number of people on this thread fail to understand.

As long as the op has not placed any specific criteria other than earning less than 50k pm, then a lot of Nigerians are married earning even less.

There are thousands of male junior staff in private & public organisations earning less whom women have, by choice or condition, married, are raising kids & even schooling, same way there are thousands of ladies who would rather remain single if that was the only option they had.

To each, thier own. No one can be right or wrong in a matter like this.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by MartinsD12(m): 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2021
meetme01:
It is not about the salary of the man. It's about being an hustler. Anyone that tells you salary is enough to survive or sustain a family is just deceiving himself. The higher the salary, the higher the expenses.

As a civil servant, that's my take home. I have about 4 different other hustle that bring money. I don't even rely on the salary.
Exactly salary alone leads to depression
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2021
Are all ladies jobless?
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by Cognitivereason: 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2021
Na u go tire grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2021
AGurlnoname:

Only a foolish lady will accept a marriage proposal while being jobless.
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by vickydevoka(m): 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2021
ivandragon:

& that is what a number of people on this thread fail to understand.

As long as the op has not placed any specific criteria other than earning less than 50k pm, then a lot of Nigerians are married earning even less.

There are thousands of male junior staff in private & public organisations earning less whom women have, by choice or condition, married, are raising kids & even schooling, same way there are thousands of ladies who would rather remain single if that was the only option they had.

To each, thier own. No one can be right or wrong in a matter like this.
Very on point. You are very realistic in your approach.
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by ImoleNaija: 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
Simran94:

Because right from time, it's the responsibility of the man to take care of his family. Our fathers took care of our mothers, same with our grandfathers.

Thank you for the bolded. Funnily, nowaday wives are fast neglecting their roles which our mothers & grandmothers did with good hearts.

They want equity in the homes. They want the men to help with chores & still expect them to do the bolded without them (the wives) contributing anything. How could someone eat his/her cake & still have it?

As for me, ko le work. We either share the bills & chores or you do the needful & I do the spending.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by COdeGenesis: 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
Bola146:
Jesu! How much is the lady earning? Must it base with his salary? Even if you earn #1m with no proper spending, it wouldn't last

Why will a lady want to suffer?
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by Bodebi: 9:59pm On Dec 26, 2021
No they can't.

Do you need a loan this Festive period for Christmas celebration or for business purpose or for personal need then I'm glad to inform you that you get a loan from Polaris bank even if you don't have an account with the bank. You can get between 50k to 2 million naira without collateral and less paper work with a monthly interest rate of just 2% for a duration of up to 8 months repayment period. This information is completely free and I'm not charging for it or collecting any fee before you can get the loan. If interested, kindly click on my WhatsApp link below

http://.us/w/?c=ac60c2
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Dec 26, 2021
ivandragon:
1. Then maybe you should learn to calm down & read... in the same bolded quote you referred to, I also spoke about working hard.

2. No matter how you speak against poverty, the reality is that not everyone can be rich or wealthy. So what do you want those people to do? Steal? Commit fraud like the yahoo boys some persons seem to praise these days as smart or what?

3. Anyway, maybe you have the solution to world poverty, if so, I will defer to your position on the issue.
1. You keep bringing up unrelated issues. Even the man who earns only 20K a month also works hard. That doesn't remove from the fact that what is lives is abject poverty. undecided

2. This isn't about being rich but about earning at least enough to exist above the poverty line, especially in marriage. undecided

3. This thread is about a simple question and a marriage planned on a salary of 50K is poverty. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? by COdeGenesis: 10:01pm On Dec 26, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
$121.68 dollars? I jump and pass.

These broke men have the worst attitude too, always angry for nothing. Again, I somersault and pass. No, thank you.

Same thing applies with women. I can't marry a lady who doesn't earn atleast N200k a month with a good plan to step up in years to come

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Big Booty Appreciation Thread / Girl Sues Gary Tight $10,000k For Promising To Marry Her But Failed / Blogger Wakabobo Set To Marry Girlfriend Of Five Years (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.