Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? (20193 Views)

Should I Accept This Job Offer? / Should I Accept A Federal Government Job Or Travel Over Seas? / Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by abimic(m): 3:02pm On Dec 27, 2021
AquaPetals:
I wouldn't advice my friends to go there, no Matter the amount.
I could remember vividly my experience there during Youth service some years back.
Some Fulani urchin knocked me down from behind and left me unconscious for a moment. He tried to raape me with his dirty, pathetic and uncircumcised dicck. I regained consciousness when he was about tearing my panties and gave him a knee uppercut on his balls. He screamed with excruciating pains as some pus oozed out from the pericap of his disgusting tool. I further kicked his nose with my orange boots and he bled.
The next day I quickly applied for redeployment to a more reasonable location.

My advice is for all indigenes of that state to go back there and take jobs.

I remember when I was posted to yobe in the wake of the Insurgency some years back, I can't imagine myself serving in yobe, they had to camp us in fct, till we all redeployed. I have some friends from the east working in the north, in the medical field anyway and are well paid.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by nobilie: 3:03pm On Dec 27, 2021
There are lots of NGO's in Maiduguri but more are job opennings by boko haram to kidnap people for ransom. The safest thing to do is tobstay away from that region (Borno and Yobe). Its not safe at all (for now)

1 Like

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by ivolt: 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2021
33bandit:
This nigga na enemy of progress jare ..
Multinational with free accommodation must be in a prime location ..
Southerners think the north is one kind Somalia or what ?
I blame the media sha
The media should have kept quiet.
How dare they report attacks and deaths.

1 Like

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2021
DEBJOCH1:
GUY YOU WICKED AND YOU ARE ALSO AN ENEMY OF PROGRESS, I WILL CATEGORICALLY TELL YOU THAT BORNO STATE IS FAR BETTER THAN YOUR SO CALLED STATE. JUST IGNORE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON LINE, AND WHO THE HELL IS THERE SAYING THAT THERE IS NO MULTINATIONAL COMPANY IN BORNO?, I REMEMBERED ONE TIME I TRAVELED TO YOLA, I WAS ON MY OWN JEJEJE WHEN I STARTED RECEIVING CALLS THAT THE WHOLE OF YOLA HAS BEEN BOMBED BLA BLA BLA, ALL THE NEWS WE READ THEM BUT DID NIT KNOW WHERE THE BOMBING TOOK PLACE IN YOLA
So the Bandits kidnappings are lies?So the missile that bokoharam fired prior to Buhari's visit was a lie?

2 Likes

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by johnsmhelia15(m): 3:07pm On Dec 27, 2021
OfeAchi:
A lady friend of mine recently got a job offer with a multinational in Maiduguri. It comes with accommodation and take home is around 700k.
I advised her to decline the offer because from the news, those areas are hostile and there's a 75.65% chance a bandit would raape her or 80% chance she could be hit by a bomb.
She finally declined the offer and thanked me for saving her life.
I hope I did the right thing?
Senior man you're lying because i stayed in Maiduguri no multinational will offer you 700k monthly not even unicef or MSF/ save the children so stop lying Please

1 Like

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by ritux: 3:08pm On Dec 27, 2021
Maiduguri is relatively safe. There are lots of exparts working for INGOs there. The only issue at the moment is power. Other than that, Maiduguri city is safe.

2 Likes

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by freshkpomo(m): 3:10pm On Dec 27, 2021
GorillaApp:

You didn't hear of NGO workers that were kidnapped and killed?
That job is certainly an NGO job and it requires them visiting idp camps and remote places

I still have the photo of one NGO guy killed, he was an Urhobo guy, his younger brother was a family friend. The guy cry tire. Imagine watching the way your brother knelt down before he was killed, all on camera. Even him mama dey alive to watch that horrible clip.

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 27, 2021
Some of you that are saying you would take the offer.How many of you can carry parts of dead bodies scattered all over the ground?You think NGO work is moimoi?
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by Exceed15: 3:12pm On Dec 27, 2021
Just hope this your advice is genuine sha
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by ritux: 3:13pm On Dec 27, 2021
johnsmhelia15:

Senior man you're lying because i stayed in Maiduguri no multinational will offer you 700k monthly not even unicef or MSF/ save the children so stop lying Please

You don’t know the position the person got. I currently work with one of the INGO and we have staff over there in Maiduguri earning above that amount. Same also for those in the deep field like Dikwa, Bama, Ngala ….

So it all depends on the position.
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by Father4all: 3:20pm On Dec 27, 2021
OfeAchi:
A lady friend of mine recently got a job offer with a multinational in Maiduguri. It comes with accommodation and take home is around 700k.
I advised her to decline the offer because from the news, those areas are hostile and there's a 75.65% chance a bandit would raape her or 80% chance she could be hit by a bomb.
abeg which job dey pay 700k per month apart from oil companies. Abeg make una stop this child's play
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by Father4all: 3:20pm On Dec 27, 2021
Father4all:
abeg which job dey pay 700k per month in Nigeria apart from oil companies. Abeg make una stop this child's play
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by makavelidon(m): 3:33pm On Dec 27, 2021
I am a soldier currently serving in Maiduguri. There are over 500 hundred NGOs in Maiduguri doing their thing. I will advise your friend to accept the job offer, the State capital is very safe. It is only the villages that are prone to attacks. As long as you don't travel by road you are safe in Maiduguri. Don't loose this golden opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by na2016: 3:36pm On Dec 27, 2021
OfeAchi:

I am not sure you did her well. You have probably ruined her. There is virtually nowhere that is safe in Nigeria currently except aso rock and state government houses. I learnt Maiduguri town is relatively safe so is not bad if she picked that offer.

1 Like

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by modupeayomide: 3:44pm On Dec 27, 2021
OfeAchi:
You did the wrong thing. Have you been to Maiduguri? Do you have associates who have been to Maiduguri? Asides from what we hear in the News, do you know the current state of Maiduguri? You people should stop discouraging others from opportunities that might benefit them. I school in Adamawa State and i chose the federal university here at a time when the media was rife with news of bombings in the North East. Prior to coming here, i no sabi anybody, i no even sabi where dem dey enter Motor go Yola from Lagos but i sha wan go school. Infact i slept in a Bus in the park when i arrived for my post UTME. If i had listened to people and the Media, i won't be in School and i won't have all the beautiful opportunities i currently enjoy. I have not been to Maiduguri but i have close friends and course mates who are from Maiduguri and they have beautiful things to say about their state, no matter how short a break may be, you see them rushing back home for the break.
The people here are good and life no hard. Just face wetin carry you come and respect the norms of the people.
True, there is the issue of Boko Haram and insecurity but you should have made necessary findings before declining the offer. If the Job is genuine, then you did not help your friend at all. Would i encourage anyone to take a well paying job or School in Maiduguri? Definitely! Just make necessary findings from the right people

1 Like

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by ritux: 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2021
Father4all:
abeg which job dey pay 700k per month apart from oil companies. Abeg make una stop this child's play

In Maiduguri, their oil companies are the NGOs. NGOs have made Maiduguri very expensive now.
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by worldclass68(m): 3:46pm On Dec 27, 2021
OfeAchi:

Chai....
Pls any job offer oooo, I can work anywhere in Nigeria....
I mean Anywhere!!!!

I served in the north...
North is cool forget bout the news
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by DEBJOCH1(m): 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2021
Joysticks:
So the Bandits kidnappings are lies?So the missile that bokoharam fired prior to Buhari's visit was a lie?
, I AM FROM THE EASTERN PART, I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT MAIDUGUEI TOWN IS MORE PEACEFUL THAN YOUR OWN STATE, COME TO THINK OF IT,WHICH PART OF NIGERIA NOW IS SAFE?
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by helenaliu: 3:55pm On Dec 27, 2021
[quote author=OfeAchi post=108837238]A lady friend of mine recently got a job offer with a multinational in Maiduguri. It comes with accommodation and take home is around 700k.
I hope I did the right thing?[/quo

I have been living in maiduguri since last year...I actually got married and followed my husband down here,,when I was coming,,I was Soo afraid because of what we hear over there...but unfortunately maiduguri is very safe and peaceful if not some villages that are being disturbed by these guys......one thing I know at the moment is that nowhere is safe in Nigerian..it's God that protects...what u should have done is to look for those living in that area or get information regarding the area not just declining the offer...jobs are not easy to come by now...plz can you help me with the link?
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by Newboss(m): 3:56pm On Dec 27, 2021
AquaPetals:
I wouldn't advice my friends to go there, no Matter the amount.
I could remember vividly my experience there during Youth service some years back.
Some Fulani urchin knocked me down from behind and left me unconscious for a moment. He tried to raape me with his dirty, pathetic and uncircumcised dicck. I regained consciousness when he was about tearing my panties and gave him a knee uppercut on his balls. He screamed with excruciating pains as some pus oozed out from the pericap of his disgusting tool. I further kicked his nose with my orange boots and he bled.
The next day I quickly applied for redeployment to a more reasonable location.

My advice is for all indigenes of that state to go back there and take jobs.

Wahala for who dey take you serious
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by amaks: 3:59pm On Dec 27, 2021
If she will be working in the city then she can take it but if it's outskirts then capital NO.
The city is relatively safe, banks, schools, hospitals, foreign NGOs, military presence, airlines etc are all there.

1 Like

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by Sermwell(m): 4:01pm On Dec 27, 2021
lereinter:

Throughout the interview process, she no know that the job na Maiduguri

Sakamaje
Are you sure you've applied for a job before??
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by makavellidon: 4:02pm On Dec 27, 2021
OfeAchi:
op accept the job and your enemy die, i pray you wont die young
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by BestJay(m): 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2021
OfeAchi:

Bro, you're not just a bad person but also a wicked person. A job like that, with such earnings can earn her proper security from the employers. Maiduguri, that I know is not bad as people paints it. Go back and tell that woman to accept the offer if its still available and if she's still afraid of the town, let her give me the opportunity and I will be paying her 200k monthly with all alacrity.
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by Daddylaura: 4:22pm On Dec 27, 2021
[quote author=OfeAchi post=108837238]A lady friend of mine recently got a job offer with a multinational in Maiduguri. It comes with accommodation and take home is around 700k.
I hope I did the right thing?[yes u did the right thing because you try to save her life she is a female as well]
Please I need that very job this is my mail sir do contact me izekoremmanuel@gmail.com.
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by Stevegoddy23: 4:22pm On Dec 27, 2021
Maiduguri metropolis is safe. But you should gladly reject locations like Dikwa, Pulka, Gwoza, Bama, Bama, Askira including Chibok, Baga, Buratai, Ngala, Gublo, and Kukawa.

Read again.... Main while, I am working in Askira Uba

2 Likes

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by GorillaApp(m): 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2021
freshkpomo:

I still have the photo of one NGO guy killed, he was an Urhobo guy, his younger brother was a family friend. The guy cry tire. Imagine watching the way your brother knelt down before he was killed, all on camera. Even him mama dey alive to watch that horrible clip.

Very horrible

1 Like

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by BestJay(m): 4:29pm On Dec 27, 2021
makavelidon:
I am a soldier currently serving in Maiduguri. There are over 500 hundred NGOs in Maiduguri doing their thing. I will advise your friend to accept the job offer, the State capital is very safe. It is only the villages that are prone to attacks. As long as you don't travel by road you are safe in Maiduguri. Don't loose this golden opportunity.

Hello sir,
Link me up with the NGOs now because me, I need job.
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by hope4nigeria(m): 4:33pm On Dec 27, 2021
OfeAchi:
you just tampered with her destiny! Link me up with the Job, I'm at bulunkutu roundabout, by Baga road maiduguri. I need the job, I graduated from University of maiduguri and I'm from OSUN STATE.
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by Father4all: 4:37pm On Dec 27, 2021
ritux:

In Maiduguri, their oil companies are the NGOs. NGOs have made Maiduguri very expensive now.
OK, abeg make una link me
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by DaRuud(m): 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2021
You are a wicked friend .

Under this administration, no place is safe not even Abuja - Kaduna road

OfeAchi:
I advised her to decline the offer because from the news, those areas are hostile and there's a 75.65% chance a bandit would rape her or 80% chance she could be hit by a bomb.

1 Like

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by ibnvictor(m): 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2021
Maid is not as dangerous as is been said..... Declining is not is not the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Boss Did This Yesterday / More Job As President Buhari Commission Olam Farm At Kaduna (photos) / Basic Technology Skills Job Seekers Should Possess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.