Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,788 members, 7,798,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? (5219 Views)

How To Prevent Lassa Fever In Picture / How Do I Make My Hair Curly And Beautiful? / How Can I Remove Hair From My Scrotum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? by Jackieugo(f): 4:39pm On Jun 15, 2011
This is aggravating. I try my best to take care of and nurture my hair. For the last 11 years, I've stuck to a routine of deep-conditioning and hot oil treatments (very time consuming process) to grow my hair out, yet my hair still splits and breaks. The ends of my hair appear very thin compared to the hair towards my scalp. . .  What is the best way to prevent or take care of split ends? I listened to some friends advice about not using heat on my hair and I also haven't relaxed my hair in a few months. Here is the aftermath   cry

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Re: How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? by obowunmi(m): 5:37pm On Jun 15, 2011
Is there relaxer in the hair ?
Re: How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? by Jackieugo(f): 7:07pm On Jun 15, 2011
Yes. My last relaxer was done 4 months ago.
Re: How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? by obowunmi(m): 7:30pm On Jun 15, 2011
ok, when you have relaxer in your hair and you don't maintain the upkeep --- of course, your hair ends will break. When you relax, try to relax every two months, and don't wait until it gets due beyond recognition.
Re: How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? by Jackieugo(f): 7:47pm On Jun 15, 2011
I do maintain the upkeep of my hair. . . Co-wash and Deep-conditioning once a week. Hot oil treatment (castor oil, cocunut oil, jojoba oil) twice a month. Trim ends off once a month. I wrap my hair every night before sleeping and cover it with a satin bonnet. I need advice on how to prevent my hair from splitting. Maybe change something in my routine? Any specific products? Maybe add to my vitamin supplements?

Thanks
Re: How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? by obowunmi(m): 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2011
To me sha: the best advice is to stop relaxing it.
Re: How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? by iice(f): 1:56pm On Jun 16, 2011
Interesting. When i have energy i trim monthly, do the conditioning and stuff. Have no split ends. Lately i've been really lazy. . .just stuck with shampooing and conditioning. No split ends still. Maybe you have to adjust your diet undecided Have more iodine i think. . .not sure though. Avoid using heat especially on the driest part of your hair. Whats the purpose though of wrapping the hair? I've forgotten embarassed grin
Re: How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? by Jackieugo(f): 6:41pm On Jun 16, 2011
Oh I wrap my hair to seal moisture and keep my hair straight so that when I wake up, I just brush and go lol! I'll try adding iodine to my vitamin supplements. Thanks for the advice guys.
Re: How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? by iice(f): 1:44am On Jun 17, 2011
As in every night? You dey try. But atleast it saves you time flat ironing it.
Hope it works out.
Re: How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? by Oram: 6:35am On Jun 17, 2011
I have some tips to prevent hair fall and hair damage.
1.Wash hair with coconut milk
2, Dry some basil leaves and Margosa leaves. Add some Bay leaves and powder all 3 together. Add 1tspn of this 3.powder to 50 ml. of water and apply for ½ an hour Wash.
4.Wash the hair with Tender Coconut water every other day for weeks.
5, Add the paste of fresh Curry leaves to Shikakai powder and wash hair with this on a regular basis.
Re: How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? by asante2: 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2012
N5000 for Mini TF card 32GB Micro SDHC card. bulk purchase attracts discount(20%)!when you buy minimum of 5pcs.
[/b]

Call Tolu on 07089547985 if you're interested,

Direct wholesale
Mini TF card 32GB Micro SD card will be [b]sent to you free anywhere within Nigeria

Kindly send a detailed address where parcel can be delivered physically.Pls remember to include phone number of the person to take delivery in address after payment is made.

N5000/piece.Last price, No negotiation
His Own Image Ltd
GTBank.

Feel free to call if you have any other question.(only btw 8am-5pm pls)

Description:

Product Features:

1. The micro SD card are universally compatible

2. Non-Volatile Solid-State, Data is not Lost When Power is Turned Off.

3. Security Level Complies with Both Current and Future Security Digital Music Initiative Portable Device Requirements

4. SD Adapter available for Any SD-slot device including PDA/Camera/MP3/Mobile phone

Specifications:

1. Capacity: 32GB. the capacity is full [ very important ]it is real capacity.

2. SD Card free adapter fit for PC/Camera with microSDHC host devices(use on mobile phones without adapter.)
; not compatible with [s]ordinary standard microSD-enabled device/readers[/s]

3. Durable & High speed in Reading and Writing.
High-Speed Class Rating – Class 6: 6MB/sec. minimum data transfer rate

4. Dimensions: 15mm*11mm*1mm
5. Weight: 0.5g
6. Operating Voltage: 2.7V~3.6V
7. Operating Temp.: -25C~85C

Package include:

1 x Micro SD/TF card
1 x Adapter
1 x Plastic case

Shipping infomation detail:

After payment,Will send your parcel by post /DHL/ Abex mail,you will receive your parcel around 2 to 5 working days after we send the parcel.
Kindly send a detailed address where parcel can be delivered physically.Pls remember to include phone number of the person to take delivery in address after payment is made.

call Tolu on 07089547985 if you're interested, bulk purchase attracts discount.
Re: How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? by james1(m): 1:05pm On Sep 20, 2012
All ma ladies,Here is what:straightening or tonging(hot iron) does not cause hair to break unless of course if improperly approached.
If you must straighten or curl your hair,after washing and applying what treatment you use on your scalp and hair,proceed to blow dry to allow oil to circulate all over scalp and hair,this is very important as hair not properly oiled but exposed to extreme temperature will get damaged,if not under a week,in two weeks max,one did be seeing the negative effects.
Before curling or straightening proper,ensure there is an excess of oil on the hair;this prevents the hair from experiencing the full impact of the extreme heat;before the heating device finish burning up the oil and reaching your hair,the desired result of the curling or straightening would have been attained.
if you take time to observe when curling with tongs especially,you will see oil boiling at the end of the heating instrument(if there is much oil on the hair)this automatically mean's that should there not be enough oil on the hair,massive heat will be transfered on your hair equals damaged hair equals breakage.

HOWEVER MANY THINGS CAN LEAD TO HAIR BEING DAMAGED AND THEREFORE BREAKING.
*the type of relaxer you use,there are 3 hair types:fine,medium and coarse.
*fine hair(do your touch up once in 3 months minimum)
This type of hair don't have weight and can't handle stress.you are to use regular kit and between relaxing and begining of washing time must not exceed 20mns.
You must be careful with braids and ghana weaves,it breaks this type of hair like crazy.
*medium hair:do your touch up once every three months.you are to use regular kit.
This hair type can handle braids and weaves in it stride but you must be careful with not starting ghana weaves with the attachment,weave away from scalp then apply attachment.this prevents hair breaking from the temple,am sure you see many ladies with temple hair gone or badly diminished.between relaxing and washing time should not exceed 30mns.
*coarse hair:do your touch every two months.this hair type is extra tough and is known to frustrate many an hair stylist.use super strenght relaxer.this hair type can handle anything and still be there.
*do note that its the hair that's been relaxed,not your scalp therefore relaxer must be applied just away from the scalp.this makes for best utilisation of time.
Do note that some hair just don't work with certain relaxers,if the relaxer does not relax your hair on two back to back occassions,ASK QUESTIONS.

*After relaxing,washing and styling.ensure you allow for a week then wash again before braiding if you must do that;this enables the hair regain lost texture brought about by the relaxing and makes for strenght to carry the weight and stress that other activities that is to come will bring.this is very important as there are residue of relaxer in the hair.this second washing solves all that.
*trimming:trim off weak ends on a 3 monthly basis,this keeps hair in great shape,makes style last longer and prevents breaking.
Note when hair is not trimmed;it is prone to tangling and therefore breaking.
*during hamattan:hair is more likely to break from extreme dryness therefore ensure your hair is well oiled during this period.
*wear hair net to bed as relaxed hair constantly rubbed against pillows will be damaged and therefore break.
*two much combing can damage hair.
*colouring hair:hair dye that are not water soluble contains peroxide.you must treat your hair upon dyeing,immediately.
*deep conditioning:never deep condition your hair immediately after relaxing;your hair is too weak from that affair therefore can't handle anymore stress.note that your scalp hurts badly when you apply dye immediately on relaxed hair.especially those that contain peroxide.
*stick to water soluble or herbal dye to avoid stories.
*stick to ceramic straighteners as much as you can,they treat the hair better.
Cheers.
Re: How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? by james1(m): 1:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
grin I hope that helps.
Re: How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? by james1(m): 1:45pm On Sep 20, 2012
Free hair consultations,just ask.
Re: How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? by HealthyHair: 10:05pm On May 14, 2013
We are doing a clearance sale on our 100% herbal/ Ayurvedic hair loss and hair re-growth products and cosmetics.
All our products are directly sourced from renowned manufacturers in India. They are not mass produced for the Nigerian market and so you are rest assured of both its quality and efficacy. Enjoy up to 40% discount on all products with full efficacy guarantee. RESULTS BEYOND YOUR EXPECTATIONS GUARANTEED!

1.)PRODUCT NAME: HERBOWASH AYURVEDIC HAIR CLEANSER
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- 2-in-1 mild Sulphate free herbal shampoo. Serves both as a shampoo and as a conditioner

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1000

CLEARANCE PRICE
(Qty x Price) DISCOUNT (%)

1 x N800 20%
2 x N750 25%
3 x N700 30%
5 & Above x N600 40%

2.)PRODUCT NAME:- HAIR-UP ROOT ACTIVATOR OIL

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- Highly effective hair growth tonic. A blend of 100% natural ancient herbs. It penetrates the scalp and strengthens the hair at the roots. Ideal solution to hair loss problems and itchy scalp. Makes hair thick, strong & lustrous. Suitable for all hair types.

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1200

CLEARANCE PRICE DISCOUNT (%)
(Qty x Price)
1 x N960 20%
2 x N900 25%
3 x N840 30%
5 & Above x N720 40%

3.)PRODUCT NAME:- NATURAL HENNA

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- Mixture of rare Indian herbs in powder form; Henna, Amla, Bhringraj, Jatamansi etc. Ideal for deep conditioning, hair volume enhancer/hair thickener, hair growth booster and for natural hair colouring.

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1000

(Qty x Price)
1 x N800 20%
2 x N750 25%
3 x N700 30%
5 & Above x N600 40%

4.)PRODUCT NAME:- CLEAN-UP ANTI ACNE AND SPOT REMOVER

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- Mild treatment for pimples, acne, blemishes, dark patches, sun burns etc. It tones and revitalizes the skin and also enhances skin fairness in a natural way. Clean- Up also removes dark spots and heals scars effectively.

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1500

(Qty x Price)
1 x N1200 20%
2 x N1125 25%
3 x N1050 30%
5 & Above N900 40%

View pictures of all our products on www.herbalhairgrowth.com.ng

To get yours, you can come over to our location at # 38 Osho Drive Olodi-Apapa, Lagos. If you prefer for us to deliver directly to you anywhere in Nigeria, simply call 08023871004 or email us at to make your order.
DISCOUNT LASTS ONLY WHILE STOCK LASTS, SO CALL NOW!

CONTACT DETAILS:
Herbal Hair Growth Nigeria
Address: # 38 Osho Drive Olodi Apapa, Lagos.
Email: info@herbalhairgrowth.com.ng
Tel: 08023871004

(1) (Reply)

Blood Groups And Healthy Eating Habits / Help!!! Be My Kidney Donor Plz! / Neolife's Supplements For Treating Infertility In Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.