Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,700 members, 7,805,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? (40744 Views)

Toke Makinwa Unveiled As Anchor Of Gulder Ultimate Search 2021 / Gulder Ultimate Search 2021 Live Updates (Season 12) / Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by Prenonjebose: 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2022
motionarena:
Nope I don't think so.
I think the show out lived its relevance.

Back then when it was popular it aired on local tv and was easily accessible.

Now local TV is a thing of the past Ultimate Search doesn't really appeal to audiences now there is multiple contents to choose from.

Also d show never really had a dedicated channel.
Very correct. The idea of 2 hours highlight for a whole week was weak. A dedicated channel that would show activities in the camp would have sustained interest. I guess the challenge is what activities can they be engaged in the camp that would interest viewers. It was not well scripted

10 Likes

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by Daslim180(m): 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2022
Sam Dede would have been a good better idea
Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by MPESA(m): 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2022
jeff1993:
YES and YES and YES

GUS is a show that is all about toughness,intelligence, and stamina and not a show for Sisi Toke or girly stuffs.... Toke lacks that tough demeanour .....

You have pure tough Nollywood Actors who would have done and dusted the part !!!... Let me mentions small names

Sam Dede

Junior pope

Sylvester Madi

Jerry Amilo

Chidi Mokeme

Zubi .... (EZE NDI ARA)

To me her anchoring the show just made it less appealing ... If they even wanted to use a female I would have preferred Sola Sobowale to her sef or even Mama G!!!!(that's some tough alpha female to me).

This your list no follow self , give it to the
Boss following below.
Bob M
Chidi M
Sam Dede (probably)
Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by Lambasta: 3:11pm On Jan 01, 2022
You are right. I personally didn't watch cos of Toke.
Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by Landmack: 3:13pm On Jan 01, 2022
Jephyard:
Yes, Toke doesn't represent strength, street or someone rugged. Her voice doesn't even give that command tone from a woman from strong background. Patience the wicked Step mother would have done well than her. The show is not about being sexy and trendy. It about strength, character, brain, street, survival and toke ain't one (no be baby girl life style) She doesn't represent that appeal. Immediately I saw some part of it I just lost interest. I don't even like movies wey women will be kicking everyone so easy because of their Built I go just lost interest asap (my bias Women make una vex e get something in life you guys can't fill the role no matter how Hollywood/Nollywood paint it just doesn't fill right for some of us)

These things u listed here are secondary reasons why it flopped. The real reason is the tv transmission as clearly stated by Motionarena

2 Likes

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by suffering: 3:14pm On Jan 01, 2022
She was the highlight of a drab show. She didn’t kill anything when it was already dead from the jump. Nairalanders who clamoured for its return took to insulting others who pointed out their past comments supporting the show’s airing while never watching a day of the program. Talking about the show was akin to flogging a dead horse, waiting for a reaction. No wonder the official thread gathered only forty pages of mostly aimless chatter.

5 Likes

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by Nnemuka(f): 3:14pm On Jan 01, 2022
Incase you guys are looking for a better female anchor pls look towards Kate Henshaw. Toke with her eye lashes did well but they should rest.

2 Likes

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by Chiefochiefo(m): 3:16pm On Jan 01, 2022
She don collect her money weather you like it or not. Lesson learned sad

4 Likes

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by Landmack: 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2022
everythinggirly:
This is hilarious

What is funny?grin

The chief marketing officer of GUS dey ask us questions u dey laugh. Na research questions be this. The show must have really had a very low rating

1 Like

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by Annie001: 3:19pm On Jan 01, 2022
Why would they be showing us less than 6hrs time?
The show should be aired 24/7
Toke is out of it, if they want to use female it should be someone like mercy Johnson, she commands respect.
Lastky they should allow sponsors
Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by Echoban: 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2022
Carry all this gender equality enter ur company and see urself in mud. Better do Normal, some things are better handle by Male figure..

I lost interest in the show , the personality of the anchor. Abeg Demn no serious.

3 Likes

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by Nauttyprof(m): 3:28pm On Jan 01, 2022
DannyXpress:
No it flopped because there was no nudity or plenty sex scenes for the viewers just like BBN

You are not totally correct. I don't watch BBN but I didn't watch most parts of the Gulder Ultimate Search due to Toke Makinwa. It was boring to me.

This situation once happened when Chidi was replaced with a guy back then which affected the show. I expected the organisers to have learnt from this. Anybody they intend using must be better than Chidi Mokeme if they still want the show to retain its popularity.

2 Likes

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by tedimola(m): 3:29pm On Jan 01, 2022
It flopped because of the show time. GUS should have aired a particular time everyday, not just Saturday and Sunday.
Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by bayonekind(m): 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2022
marvelck:
Was Toke Makinwa the reason why most people didn't watch the recently concluded Gulder Ultimate Search TV show...

Maybe, the organizers need to either bring back Chidi Mokeme or hire Frank Edoho to replace Toke Makinwa

A lot of people didn't watch nor follow the show at all... They didn't even know the show was still on, until the winner was announced on social media...

This is the best person to anchor such a show should be sola sobowale ... 100% reviewer expected

2 Likes

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by NoToPile: 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2022
Sex sex and sex, no sex matter on the show. If they were pressing body people would watch even if it was a 6 hour highlight every week.

Toke might not have been the perfect pick but she's not the main problem.
Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by marsup: 3:32pm On Jan 01, 2022
Even if they had to use a female personality, Kate Henshaw would have been ideal.

2 Likes

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by LesbianBoy(m): 3:35pm On Jan 01, 2022
The truth is that we have evolved

When it was popping many of us that enjoyed the show those years don dey old and this young ones no like the show because it does not give them toxic entertainment which they like.

It doesn't give them the opportunity to argue mumu arguments. "Tacha said Mercy is this", "oh no, it was Mercy that told Tacha that" etc.

Also, we have been spoilt with BBN which gives us constant entertainment unlike ultimate search that is shown just weekends

Same thing is happening in music. Back then an artiste will sing one song and that's OK and the fans will like it. But today, if wizkid drop song, davido will drop song too, burna will drop song too,.......no space! if anyone of them slack they would be forgotten cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by vickydevoka(m): 3:37pm On Jan 01, 2022
Women are not blessed in hosting big shows. If de come to limelight Dem go still fùck up. Tiwa savage comes to mind.

Most music entrepreneur prefers men artist also bcus of concentration n focus

2 Likes

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by dalhjana: 3:39pm On Jan 01, 2022
pyyxxaro:
It’s improper using a woman to anchor the show

An Alpha male would have been better.

And again no Nudity , Nigerian youths won’t bother
E come be for bush... E go dope scarra

Make Gulder allow them de lash themselves once once , the show go booom once embarassed
Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by Landmack: 3:44pm On Jan 01, 2022
women make up a greater percentage of viewers of TV shows like GUS...Hosts like the handsome looking milkshakes like Chidi,Bob drew these set of viewers attention to the show then. so i think organisers goofed when they chose to use toke as host.

3 Likes

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by DelphiOracle(m): 3:45pm On Jan 01, 2022
motionarena:
Nope I don't think so.

Now local TV is a thing of the past Ultimate Search doesn't really appeal to audiences now there is multiple contents to choose from.

exactly ���
Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by ComeToJesus: 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Thank You@Motionarena!

See those peeps up there Trying to Scapegoat Toke Makinwa as being Responsible for the Calamitous Flopping of GUS! sad undecided

The Show failed simply because It has OUTLIVED it's relevance! sad

The current Generation needs Excitement, Glamour, Gossips, etc...not some Grab, Forest shows!
Instagram, Whatsapp, Tik Tok videos have taken over Everywhere and you want Pple to be following a Show where Contestants use Firewood to cook Oil rice and Sleep inside Mosquito Net?

This is 2021, not 2010! sad

because of Bbnaija Critics, The Ill-prepared Organizers hurriedly came back with the Show!
The way they would be Crying now Over their Loss ehn! embarassed cry cry

Your analysis hit the bull's eye. Best comment.

All those physical gra gra things no dey work again. In this age of telenovelas, fashion, glitz and glamour, Domino's cold stone cream and other trappings of a fast paced entertaining world on our palmtops, there's no place for a show whose organisers are not thinkers.

Nigerians are survivors already, so why subject people to the most difficult situations, fighting over a piece of yam laced with red oil? That's double jeopardy.

Even the holy Bible says "affliction shall not rise the second time". Nahum 1:9

Nobody wants to be reminded of the sufferings the dead government has foisted on Nigerians.

That ill-fated show is akin to self-immolation.

7 Likes

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by wirinet(m): 3:48pm On Jan 01, 2022
DannyXpress:
No it flopped because there was no nudity or plenty sex scenes for the viewers just like BBN

Gbam. No relationship drama. No fights. No party. Not even booze. And you want Nigerian youths to be interested.

When people were castigating BBNaija and asking for Gulder Ultimate Show, I just dey laugh like hyena. I come dey ask say who go watch am? How is the thread on nairaland sef? Was it as busy as the BBNaija thread?

4 Likes

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by gassbee: 3:49pm On Jan 01, 2022
motionarena:
Nope I don't think so.

Bar man give this guy 3 very very chilled bottles of origin

3 Likes

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by IbileIfe: 3:51pm On Jan 01, 2022
Corporate Nigeria is run by money, power and sex.
Not by competence, diligence and intelligence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by MisterGrace: 3:51pm On Jan 01, 2022
DannyXpress:

Was there nudity when millions found it interesting?

3 Likes

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by louqas: 3:52pm On Jan 01, 2022
Lalami3232:

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "the day I go mistakenly born girl pikin, I go *******"

See wetin you use spoil beautiful write up....did it ever occur to you someone gave birth to the girl that grew up to give birth to you..... man is not complete without the woman....

1 Like

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by Bluffly: 3:52pm On Jan 01, 2022
Not really. The show lost its relevance when it went off air. Now a lot have preoccupied viewers attention to focus on them

2 Likes

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by KennieKingOba(m): 3:52pm On Jan 01, 2022
to me, maybe its because its not aired everyday like BBN, nigerians like some consistency

2 Likes

Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by Connected1: 3:52pm On Jan 01, 2022
I don't know about others buy it was a yes for me.

I anticipated the show so much.

But when I got to know that Toke Makinwa would anchor the show.

Omo I no bother watch am again oh.

I knew it wouldn't come into limelight like before and I wasn't wrong, they should use someone with a responsible personality not a prosti....

It's not about the airing time for those saying it's too short, Phillipines movies are shown just 6 hrs on weekends and people watch them happily, How them go use Toke Makinwa, Mad People, they didn't want to show to enter spotlight before.

Mtchewww.
Re: Was Toke Makinwa The Reason Gulder Ultimate Search Flopped In 2021? by MoneyGoDrop: 3:53pm On Jan 01, 2022
Maybe she is part of the problem because she's too fake but lack of planning also played a major role. How can you not have a dedicated channel for a show like that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: Did Bambam Have Sex With Teddy-A On Her Period? / BBNaija: Mercy And Ella Fight Over Ike / BBNaija: Bisola's Husband Never Showed Up On Her Wedding Day - Woman Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.