Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

RE: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / RE: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional. (410 Views)

Hospital Jobs In Abuja (doctors, Nurses, CHEW, Lab Tech, MLS, Physiotherapist / As A Biochemistry Graduate, What Next? / How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RE: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional. by Vasgas: 9:16am On Dec 27, 2021
Season Greetings to everyone.
This is going to be a lengthy write-up.

I followed keenly the above thread to learn, relearn and unlearn and actually I learnt alot ranging from the desire for recognition among the different health care professional among others. The eyes nor the nose can fulfill its purpose in obscurity untill he is part of the main BODY.
Away from that,

1. Over the years, graduate of life sciences most especially BCH, will always ask this question towards the end of their stay in the school or during/after the mandatory NYSC. What next? Where can I fit in?

2. While in school, most of them were told that the can fix in everywhere and anywhere like octopus. But this as most often turned out to be faux.

3. A quick survey through the 200 level class of MLS, Med&Surgy, Pharmacy shows that most of the D.E students are graduate whom have returned back to the above courses to find relevance.
What then become the fate of those without ready sponsors?

4. A quick Google search on the job opportunities for graduate of BCH, will surprise you.
Are those jobs non existent in Nigeria?

5. Should we tell our siblings and those whom will seek for advises that the should avoid the course like a plague. Maybe when their is no longer students in various universities the department will become closed and the non existent National body will call for a retreat not to publish papers but to chart a new course.

6. Finally, I have decided to stop mourning over Saul and fill up my jar to go out...

Let me stop here with this two questions

What is the actual Career path for a graduate of Biochemistry?

What was in the mind of those that created that course and brought it into the University?

Elders of BCH...

NB: I want to learn, unlearn and re learn.

2 Likes

Re: RE: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional. by Moneyyman: 12:25pm On May 07, 2022
OP, I can only advise you to reinvent yourself.

You can go back for a B.Sc in a new field, do an M.Sc in public health or other similar fields, do an M.Sc in biochemistry and find lecturing jobs, or abandon academia altogether and forge yourself in other fields such as IT, tech, non-tech, or business.

You can also consider foreign scholarships.

Reinvent yourself. Never Stay stagnant.
Re: RE: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional. by kingBlaq: 2:26pm On May 07, 2022
very useless course in nigeria... finished nysc since 2016, no job till now. mumu acetyl co A

1 Like

Re: RE: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional. by Vasgas: 6:19pm On May 07, 2022
Moneyyman:
OP, I can only advise you to reinvent yourself.

You can go back for a B.Sc in a new field, do an M.Sc in public health or other similar fields, do an M.Sc in biochemistry and find lecturing jobs, or abandon academia altogether and forge yourself in other fields such as IT, tech, non-tech, or business.

You can also consider foreign scholarships.

Reinvent yourself. Never Stay stagnant.

WOW. thanks for the information.
Currently pursuing the academia

1 Like

Re: RE: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional. by Vasgas: 6:20pm On May 07, 2022
kingBlaq:
very useless course in nigeria... finished nysc since 2016, no job till now. mumu acetyl co A

You mean you are currently unemployed till now?
Re: RE: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional. by kingBlaq: 7:34pm On May 07, 2022
Vasgas:

You mean you are currently unemployed till now?
No jokes! not 1 job with that cert since grad... bch is supposed to be the main lab scientist plus so many other areas we cut across in science but sadly naija prefer those courses we cut across than the so hyped mother course.. MCB self follow dey same cruise

(1) (Reply)

Office Assistant And Customer Service Officer / Transcription Service Needed / Npower: How To Fix All Npower Issues On NASIMS And On NEXIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.