Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? (23770 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / I Need A Professional Writer To Write A 30k-word Book On Senior Fitness / 70k Banking Job In Ikorodu Lagos State Or 30k Teaching Job In Ekiti. Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by alabi484(m): 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2021
Sukkyy2010:

I
And it'll be double of double for you by his Grace.

Aaaammmeennn.
Thank you boss
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by seunlayi(m): 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
Any job that is less than 70k, Try to leave it. POS friend on location, consistent and building trust..... Start over today and you won't regret. Your 500k is a good capital and if you have customers like me that will transfer over 200k to POS operators and won't collect it in days, it will not the trust others will have in your business

3 Likes

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2021
A POS business may blossom more. 30k teaching job plus stress, except she does a part time like lesson.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Emperor5(m): 3:01pm On Dec 28, 2021
He need two stream of income, let him combine the teaching and small scale business he may resign when the business flourish.
Let him open betting shop and employ someone to manage it for him, it's very easy to manage as money goes directly to his account. POS is very risky especially when employing someone, insincere person may run away with the whole money.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by od501: 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2021
Golan007:
30k job yet he saved 500k?

All the goods for the warehouse don lost be that.

If you claim he wasn't pilfering, then he needs to be made finance minister.

Have you considered asking him for how long he has been saving it?

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by ugbanante: 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2021
To venture into business is cool. But doing business isn't just capital required only. His he determine to be in business even in 'raining' days because it shall surly come.
Let him consider it too well before sticking his neck. It took him yrs to save that much but he should have the heart to face life if the business goes sour. On the other hand, he should prepare to expand when d business blossoms.
Consider!!! sad
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Reality3080: 3:22pm On Dec 28, 2021
[quote author=stankezzy post=108881080][/quote]business isn't calculated like that, not everyone will withdraw 10k n besides have u forgotten terminal also have it's own charges.

Pos is good undisputed cos I also have it as side hustle but no b like that
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 3:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
ignis:
Though 30K is too poor to survive with in the current day Nigeria.

Entrepreneurship is a risk, either he survive and grow or the business will become unproductive like Muhammadu Buhari's farm.
no risk no reward

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Mires: 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2021
Golan007:
30k job yet he saved 500k?

All the goods for the warehouse don lost be that.

If you claim he wasn't pilfering, then he needs to be made finance minister.

Be calming down. I have seen one who saved N7m from N150k monthly teaching job after five years of productive service.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by grandstar(m): 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
sulaimon22:
So a friend of mine seek for my advice on whether to leave his 30k teaching job to establish a POS and Recharge card printing Business in a small scale.

He has 500k saved up prior to December and invested 150,000 into crypto currency, now he wants to know if resigning from his teaching job would be a good thing to do as his tired of his current job.

What advice would you give to this person?

I say he should resign. I won't be surprised if he is making 5k daily or more with POS in no time. That is easily 25k weekly, almost his monthly salary. If I include Saturdays, it will be 30k weekly.

It is a business that does best with a busy location. Find an area with lots of people traffic and you're in money! .

2 Likes

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Belgwandu(m): 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
Please advise
What business can i start with 500k

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by ThinkSmarter: 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2021
sulaimon22:
So a friend of mine seek for my advice on whether to leave his 30k teaching job to establish a POS and Recharge card printing Business in a small scale.

He has 500k saved up prior to December and invested 150,000 into crypto currency, now he wants to know if resigning from his teaching job would be a good thing to do as his tired of his current job.

Don't resign especially if it is government teaching job.
Rather hours of school closure and holiday to focus on your pos business
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by jericco1(m): 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2021
Sukkyy2010:
I'll not specify my advise but will give you some instances.

I I lost my 60k job last year Nov started Pos in Dec following month. I save up 300k within 4month through my embarked new pos business. Fast forward to September this year I made my first million through it. Last month I bought my first landed property, bought some major furniture mostly needed in a room which the expense cost roughly another 300k all through the Pos business. I give thanks to God almighty because as I'm typing this my account balance is a million in spite all expenses incurred so far.

Glory be to God almighty may God continue blessing me through my little doing.

In your little doing ensure you honour God with your substance( Thithe paying). I believe this also helped me achieved much from little.

Tah
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by hardon1(m): 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2021
BrightAhiah:
Let's get things straight...

He's earning #30,000 monthly, hence he's annual gross salary would be #360,000.

He saved #500,000 through the year abi?

My questions now are:
1. Was he getting more money from other sources within this period of savings?
2. While he's annual gross was at #360,000 (30,000 X 12 = 360,000), does it mean that he NEVER used a dime for feeding, rents, medications etc?
3. Lemme allow others to also interrogate him
He didn't say the amount was saved in a year, could over a number of years. And secondly he could be doing extramoral lesson as most teachers do
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2021
If #30k job has security job is better than Pos that will lure you to debt

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Aroka72(m): 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2021
I don't think one needs to resign a 30k job in order to start a 500k biz.
Rather one should make time for both inside ones daily schedule.
Time will tell which will go for which.

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by solonubinho(m): 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
He can't run both at the same time and put someone to manage the shop? While leveraging his work experience to apply for a higher paying job?
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Rexnegro(m): 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
ipobarethieves:
sad not everybody Dey gain from dat POS even peep Dey complain that there’s no gain in RICHARD card

Dnt go waste money on kiosk only to Sidon inside Dey chop groundnut and sleep
Hahahaha this crack me up tbh ... U be werey o . Well if he's located strategically he will patronised
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
Caleycash:
You don't need anyone telling you freedom is ultimate... if you get cool 20k from POS it's better than 30k with pressure, queries and threat of being sacked always.

I would have given you a million likes were it not for restriction to one like!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by ekwimiles: 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2021
No pls don't leave the work I beg you but go and learn crypto currency
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by mfm04622: 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2021
That business has too many participants now! With good location, he can make it. People are still making 100k per month with good location, compared to when they make 500k per month profit.
So he should check well. Does he have a good location?!
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by NOBLE179(m): 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
sulaimon22:

I will advise him to go into business. I was earning 40k when I left my job. The job was a part-time job that lasted from 6am to 8am from Monday to Friday. At first, I was enjoying the job because it allows me to do other hustle. But it got to a point that the job started clashing with my main hustle, I decided to quit the 40k job. Today, I am proud of my courage to quit the 40k job that was interfering with my main hustle.

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by frozen70(f): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
sulaimon22:

He can leave the teaching job to go for other business ventures, at least he has his freedom and can still search for other business to combine with
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by kentochi(m): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
sulaimon22:

Sorry I mentioned you like that. The money was saved up from years of struggle after nysc According to him.

Your advice is good. Would talk to him to consider mounting the shop in the evening and full time weekends as getting a sales girl is out of question for now coz of theft
He should start only pos in good location
With good record daily he will be fine.
Please let him look for very busy location like market.
Even when another person is doing the POS in that same area he will still make his money.
Am wishing him all the best.
Getting POS he should consider opay over moniepoint.

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by JULIUSIDOWU(m): 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2021
sulaimon22:

Yes, I did the same thing,
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Makschinchin: 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2021
Timoleon:
He was able to save #500k from his 30k job undecided
He should continue his 30k job abeg. He can diversify and either employ someone to man the pos shop or work the shop evenings weekdays and full time weekends.

O ga ooo angry angry angry ... He should work after teaching in the evening, weekdays and fulltime weekends embarassed You for kuku kill the guy na

1 Like

Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by drimzsmoke(m): 5:40pm On Dec 28, 2021
sulaimon22:

Yes please....someone is controlling your life because of 30K whereas with the POS job,you'll be your own boss
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Felalucky8(m): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2021
Better resign Sharp sharp
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Sammy999(m): 6:01pm On Dec 28, 2021
Avoid Pos business, the risk is huge oh please. please consider CAR WASH BUSINESS, NYLON BUSINESS etc
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Timoleon(m): 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2021
Makschinchin:

O ga ooo angry angry angry ... He should work after teaching in the evening, weekdays and fulltime weekends embarassed You for kuku kill the guy na

larryking540:

what stops the guy from even creating his own mini pos business while doing his teaching,men of today just hate anything call double stream of income ,over sea guys work in 2 to 3 places ,that's y most time they don't pick your call.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? by Masa11: 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2021
Good suggestion according to professional person
alabi484:
This is a bit dicey.

I can't advice anyone to quit their job because I do not know their mindset about business, however, seeing that I myself is a mobile money agent, i can advise thus:

I for one don't like anything that has to do with working for someone, so if he really wants to leave his job, your friend should be very smart, rugged and open minded if he wants to start doing POS because firstly, business is not for the faint hearted, you have to be ruthless with yourself in terms of discipline and all and secondly, POS business involves money and you know how people can be with money.

The most important metrics for starting a POS are a. Location b. Traffic of people (i.e number of people that move around the location daily) c. Type of location (i.e business area or residential) d. Number of existing operators e. Proximity of the location to an ATM/Bank

Your friend can carry out a survey on these metrics and if the results are good, it means he can launch business.

He should just set a target of 3 to 6 months of diligent hard work, in this time, he will have built trust, gained customers and know how the whole thing works, above all he'll know the range of transactions he does daily and expected daily income, once he has a grasp of this, he can employ a recommended trustworthy person (pay attention to the word recommend and trustworthy) with this, he can get something else doing or even look for another location to start second branch.

If he decides to quit his job and follow this, the only regret he'll have his not starting earlier.

As person dey take hammer no pass like this.

Cheers!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Life Skills Are Not Taught In School? / Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish / Police Recruitment: ‘candidates Don’t Know Names Of Nigeria President, CJN’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.