Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,190 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations (43218 Views)

FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations / Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) / Police Fire Tear Gas At Innoson Motors Workers, GTB Moves To Shut Down Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by yom2(m): 1:40am On Dec 28, 2021
thegreencoal:
You banned Crypto. You blocked Twitter. Now you want to block decentralized loan apps. It looks like the Federal Government of Nigeria is determined to cripple to economic success of her own people. Which kind government be dis? undecided
some dubious loan apps
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by yom2(m): 1:45am On Dec 28, 2021
Mrbenny001:
if you see 2 weeks you're very lucky...most of them is 6 days..but they will write 7 days after 4 days they will start messaging your contact... terrible
meanwhile in their adverts u will see 90 to 120 days just to lure you

3 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by yom2(m): 1:51am On Dec 28, 2021
Ernchibyke:

But nobody forced you to collect the loan.
You went to play store, same you downloaded the app, same you signed up, same you requested the loan and granted permission to your contact and same you agreed to 50% interest in 2weeks.

They are just doing business, stay away if you don't like the way they do business
i. Its a lie. Not all d terms are well spelt out until d last minute. e.g interest and duration

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Boladdsox(m): 1:59am On Dec 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I expect the Government to prosecute instead of closing down.

By the time two or one is use as an example, the rest will adjust or close down

They don't even know the people behind most of those apps. It will be hard to prosecute them.
My question is how they intend to shut down an app online? If it's not registered prior by CAC and doesn't have a physical office? Would they approach Google like they did Twitter? I hope they are familiar with the operating laws of these apps host before they go for kangaroo style.
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Wahala90: 3:20am On Dec 28, 2021
matrix199:
It's about time!

Imagine giving loans to pay back in 2weeks with 50% interest. That's not even a shark loan, that's a killer whale loan.

Taking a loan is not by force. The govt should look more into banks that have refused to give loans to SMEs.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Funflipper: 4:13am On Dec 28, 2021
matrix199:
It's about time!

Imagine giving loans to pay back in 2weeks with 50% interest. That's not even a shark loan, that's a killer whale loan.

But nobody put a gun to your forehead to take the loan in the first place. And why take a loan when there is no meansbof paying back as at when due?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by TheOgaBoss: 5:08am On Dec 28, 2021
Boladdsox:

They don't even know the people behind most of those apps. It will be hard to prosecute them.
My question is how they intend to shut down an app online? If it's not registered prior by CAC and doesn't have a physical office? Would they approach Google like they did Twitter? I hope they are familiar with the operating laws of these apps host before they go for kangaroo style.
they only need to shut down the accounts of those apps, effectively crippling them financially.

1 Like

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Lexusgs430: 5:55am On Dec 28, 2021
Regulation, enforcement & protection, is what is required..........

1 Like

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by OLUENTA1: 6:33am On Dec 28, 2021
JavaScript9091:
This administration is very clueless on policies. This is how they are killing startups due to misguided public sentiments.

Nigerians should learn how to pay their debts. Remember that when you urgently need money, no bank will come to your rescue without collateral which you probably don't have. Las Las na Nigerians wey dey write petitions go cry pass

What illegal startups are you talking about? Civility should be applied every time and not the way round.
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Dumte(m): 6:39am On Dec 28, 2021
Still Sokoloan and 9jacash will not adjust. You guys should avoid them by all means. They will rubbish your image

2 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by djseanjohn77: 7:16am On Dec 28, 2021
chrisxxx:
This government like chasing shadows.
Why leave commercial banks that are giving loans at cut throat rates? In other countries interest rate is a single digit some close to zero. Here in Nigeria it is about 30%. This rate is what the loan sharks are leveraging upon. If the rate is reduced at commercial bank level every other similar business will adjust.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/789843/mortgage-interest-rates-africa-by-country/
https://www.theglobaleconomy.com/rankings/lending_interest_rate/

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by mauriceju2(m): 7:37am On Dec 28, 2021
They are stealing not lending, 50% in 7 or 14 day is stealing or slaving, a man will give anything in exchange for his life, don't blame the poor[ who borrow to escape hunger, why will you take advantage of the poor, 50% in 7days? That is wickedness, the government have a duty to protect it citizen quote author=solacong post=108863771]Many Nigerian are very backward in thinking, they said shutdown and many are happy? What happens with putting regulations in place to avoid violation. When there is no law, there is no constraints they said.

Shut people's investment and businesses in the name of governance?

The borrowers that are shouting good move, who ask you to borrow, were you given the Money by force?

This country sha, Lord please send us Help[/quote]
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by TruthinAction: 7:58am On Dec 28, 2021
It is rather better to shut down this government due to excessive borrowing and gross leadership imcompetence.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by CaptainFM1: 8:13am On Dec 28, 2021
matrix199:
It's about time!

50% interest! Why should a sane person even take such loans?
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by freddie009(m): 9:07am On Dec 28, 2021
matrix199:
It's about time!

And they will still borrow. Where they forced?
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by domchike(m): 9:10am On Dec 28, 2021
I hve been reading about this on social medias what I dont understand is how this people recover the money do they use police or thugs
FalseProphet1:
Abeg they should shut them down, those people are just criminals taking advantage of poor Nigerians.

Imagine loaning a person in need money with over 45% interest for a duration of 6days, then going ahead to tag him a criminal when he can't meet up with the payment date. Aren't they the criminals?

Buhari's clueless leadership just brought suffering to Nigerians.

They should shut them down and leave the reasonable ones to keep running.

I see loan sharks going extinct by next year.

This I have seen.
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Misterone: 9:41am On Dec 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I expect the Government to prosecute instead of closing down.

By the time two or one is use as an example, the rest will adjust or close down
you think prosecution is easy! Even your lawyer would be bribed, the judge would adjoin the case till thy kingdom come, court registar would misplace the file, witnesses would be bribed and exparte motions would be used to kill the case. This is Nigeria. The only thing we understand is force and action.
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Misterone: 9:46am On Dec 28, 2021
TruthinAction:
It is rather better to shut down this government due to excessive borrowing and gross leadership imcompetence.
I can feel your pain. No food for lazy man. The time of chop i chop is gone. You have to work to earn your money.
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by modestatus: 9:58am On Dec 28, 2021
Johnnico1:

https://dailytrust.com/fg-to-shut-down-money-lending-businesses-over-violations

Anyway to contact FCCPC? Do they have a a website? I need to refer this to a close friend fast!
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by williewilly(m): 10:19am On Dec 28, 2021
Some users who hear this news will go shaperly download all those apps and go on borrowing spree. I jus dey pity sokoloan and co.
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by TruthinAction: 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2021
Misterone:
I can feel your pain. No food for lazy man. The time of chop i chop is gone. You have to work to earn your money.

So, borrowing every two months in a country that is so blessed is the way forward? Your sin is greater than that of the presidency who is attempting to sink this nation for their selfish gains.
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by okolojay: 12:17pm On Dec 28, 2021
You got it wrong my G. They will only shut down the loan apps that violate CONSUMER RIGHTS. and that is a good thing. so guys like Fair money, carbon and other legit ones will be the last men standing cause they are registered
thegreencoal:
You banned Crypto. You blocked Twitter. Now you want to block decentralized loan apps. It looks like the Federal Government of Nigeria is determined to cripple to economic success of her own people. Which kind government be dis? undecided
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
LOAN APPS ARE CRIMINALS EXPLOITING AND PUSHING BORROWERS TO SUICIDES.

DEAR NIGERIA FG SET UP MICRO MONEY LENDING BANKS ALL OVER NIGERIA AND GIVE LOANS DIRECTLY TO BUSINESSES TO THRIVE.AFTER ALL YU HAVE THEIR BVN AND NIN TO TRACK REPAYMENT. angry
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by sexyshola1218: 12:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
This is actually a very nice initiative. i hope the debt shaming and character assassination will reduce drastically. Only a few loan apps like fair money, branch, carbon, dole, will survive this storm.
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by techboss1313: 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2021
Let me post this here as a reminder that fairmoney is legit!

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by letitrainnow(m): 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2021
Their threat is too harsh
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Misterone: 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2021
TruthinAction:

So, borrowing every two months in a country that is so blessed is the way forward? Your sin is greater than that of the presidency who is attempting to sink this nation for their selfish gains.
illiterate! You think you know better than those in government? Try asking a financial expert why the government is borrowing and why the house of assembly has approved all the moneys borrowed.
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by DispatcherLagos: 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2021
mfm04622:

Not possible! Even Dangote dey owe. Even US govt dey owe. Debt is a fact of life
if demand can't be controlled, why do they want to eliminate supply?
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by solacong: 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2021
mauriceju2:
They are stealing not lending, 50% in 7 or 14 day is stealing or slaving, a man will give anything in exchange for his life, don't blame the poor[ who borrow to escape hunger, why will you take advantage of the poor, 50% in 7days? That is wickedness, the government have a duty to protect it citizen quote author=solacong post=108863771]Many Nigerian are very backward in thinking, they said shutdown and many are happy? What happens with putting regulations in place to avoid violation. When there is no law, there is no constraints they said.

Shut people's investment and businesses in the name of governance?

The borrowers that are shouting good move, who ask you to borrow, were you given the Money by force?

This country sha, Lord please send us Help

a lender is always a slave to the borrower, leave it for them the way they wanted it, as long you were not forced to borrow, besides since when did friends and relatives can no longer assist a friend in need? because lots of bad heads have refused to pay back an interest free loan, so we cant even get assistance from friend again they are also scared of losing their money. when people don't pay an interest free loan from a friend, how we they pay the ones with interest even if it is 2%.

The fact is human being are wicked period!
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by mfm04622: 4:28pm On Dec 28, 2021
DispatcherLagos:
if demand can't be controlled, why do they want to eliminate supply?

There must be consequences for breaching the Data Privacy laws.
Only those who breach the law will be shut down, not all
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by DispatcherLagos: 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2021
mfm04622:

There must be consequences for breaching the Data Privacy laws.
Only those who breach the law will be shut down, not all
I still think the FG is only being selfish and the move wouldn't in any way benefit the masses. What happens to shutting down the numerous Betting companies that ruin the lives of millions of Nigerians rather than loan companies that in some ways better the common man who of course can't be granted privileges to loans by Shylock commercial banks we have? But of course the high taxes they gain from the gambling industry will not permit them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Months After! Fidelity Bank Apologizes To Lady After Calling Them Out Today / Complete Digital Marketing Training Online / ECOWAS Adopts ECO As Name Of Single Currency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.