Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,023 members, 7,799,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University (30386 Views)

16-Year-Old Scores 8As In Recently Released WAEC Result / Social Media Users React to Covenant University 201 First Class / Diamond Bank ICT Center Donated To Covenant University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by ppogba: 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2021
FWESHVEIN:

LolzZZ. My thoughts exactly!
No matter how brilliant you may be or academically inclined, you can't excell on all subjects or getting 350 in jamb. Haba! The smartest man on earth wrote his entrance examination, he excelled at maths and physics but failed the other subjects.
Bottom line is, there's more to the story than meets the eyes.

The world is leaving you behind.
So, it is impossible to excel in o level and Jamb at the same time? So, if the smartest man on earth failed a subject or more, all human beings must do the same? There is more to meet the eyes when someone scores 350? The others who scored over 340 should be scrutinized too?

Wonders shall never ceases on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by Vinnie2000(m): 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2021
NemoDatQuod:
That's not generous at all. Being successful at one's education is harder now than it was in the time period you referenced. [b]Then we had teachers who were solely focused on moulding us and we didn't [/b]have social media to distract us. Today, the average teacher also hustles and sells stuff to make ends meet and hence has reduced time for the kids under their care. Social media can become addictive for most kids due to the unchecked ego and the desire to be seen and heard. This kid has done something amazing. Just as it was amazing during our time to get 9A's, so it is actually much more amazing to get 8A's today. It does not matter how many more others who got the same 8A's. The kid was very clear on the criteria for success he applied: sacrifice, dedication and hardwork. That is the old age recipe for success in every one of life's endeavours. I applaud him.
This is great news especially from a country where we are mostly shown students smooching or smoking in class or outside of class and under age teenage boys being inducted into cults and killing their fellow students.

Ur Points are noted
BUT
In both in Government and Private Schools, The Teachers teach More and Work 10x than the teachers of the Past!

In private schools, they have no Breathing space!
In govt schools, they are checkmated and compelled to do their Jobs unlike those the Past era where some teachers comes to school once a Week!..
Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by NemoDatQuod(m): 3:26pm On Dec 29, 2021
You really need to check who you hang out with. I did a little more than this kid in my time and I was not the only one. Neither was I the best/brightest. It's hard to comprehend that you don't know anyone in your circle who has done this in the past. Hardwork, dedication, self belief and an unwavering determination to stay the course, will enable you realise what may seem difficult or impossible. You also need the company of those of same pedigree. Envision far and go on the journey with like minds. It's never too late to dream dreams.

FWESHVEIN:

No matter how brilliant you may be or academically inclined, you can't excell on all subjects or getting 350 in jamb. Haba! The smartest man on earth wrote his entrance examination, he excelled at maths and physics but failed the other subjects.

1 Like

Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by MOTIONTECH(m): 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2021
visijo:
Congratulations..

Sometimes I know I am wrong but It's fun to argue smiley
Thats some crazy cruise

1 Like

Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by Ajmoziz(m): 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2021
FWESHVEIN:

Just tell us you be dullard,even in 2006,I know some,I know some one that had 6A and 2b and 1 c,and a 300 in jamb,got a scholarship.its just today,they are publishing everything online that time ,you no get mind,village people go activate for your head

1 Like

Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by Asour: 3:31pm On Dec 29, 2021
barojana:
Ota is now the educational capital of Nigeria. It is unarguable.
The best secondary schools are there, the best university is there. Hope the govt recognizes this and invest in infrastructure that helps those schools become more attractive.

Those schools are good but you guys hype schools too much.

Excellent results wherever achieved is largely due to a student's resolve & motivation NOT necessarily a school.

If schools really 'make' a child, why don't they (schools) take responsibility for failures too? )The glory shouldn't exclude the blames.

CU is a good school but when this boy graduates with flying colours in 5 years time, we'll all attribute his 'success' to CU too right?
Forgetting that he could have replicated such excellence anywhere else too.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by Ajmoziz(m): 3:33pm On Dec 29, 2021
Vinnie2000:

You are so VERY WRONG! undecided

It is Like you do Not have young Children living around you!

My neighbour's son does most of his Homework with google!
Even when given a Debate topic, he couldn't think of a single point to give! Was asking Google!

Your Argument is so Flawed! sad

I laugh you,in exam,will he use Google to answer the questions.this one wrote standard exam and came up with that.and yes I have little children around me,and they surprise me everyday,if you hear these kids speak,the things they say ehhh,the things they grab,the intelligent questions they ask,one was even explaining thermodynamics laws to me,and I was where did you learn that,yess google
Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by ppogba: 3:36pm On Dec 29, 2021
Vinnie2000:

You are so VERY WRONG! undecided

It is Like you do Not have young Children living around you!

My neighbour's son does most of his Homework with google!
Even when given a Debate topic, he couldn't think of a single point to give! Was asking Google!

Your Argument is so Flawed! sad

Learn not to generalise when arguing in public. Every child is NOT your neighbor's son for goodness sake.
Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by Vinnie2000(m): 3:38pm On Dec 29, 2021
Ajmoziz:

I know this may be hard for you to swallow ehhhh,but if a 14 year old calmm down,like really calm down and set question for you,I doubt you will even pass. i like how you codedly put your waec result for us to see,na lie 6d7 of yesterday na 6d7 of today,if anything the exam is harder today,or have you forgotten there are past questions that we see.no dey bring your low self esteem here

Lolss, cheesy

You will not Understand though!

U can't just compare Students of today and students of the 80's, 90's!
These ones that are being SpoonFed and assisted by dier Teachers/Schools.. sad

Just leave the Arguments! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by OJEEMAH(m): 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2021
Vinnie2000:
[/b]

Want to Take dis as an 'evidence'.

I remember an Educational Programme way back (Zain Challenge) for Students of African Universities!
Nigeria was represented by OAU, UNILAG and I think UI. Our Students performed remarkably well against CapeTown University, Makerere University, Tanzania, and one Egyptian University!.. cool smiley

If Private Universities students represented us!..Maybe they would have still done well.

[b]But my Point is
But holistically, there are more Serious minded and Academic sound students in the Public university dan Private!
.. smiley
A friend of mine represented ABU Zaria in the 2010 or 2011 edition of Zain Africa Challenge and they were knocked out in the Quarter Finals.

I understand you point but you should also consider the population of students in private schools.
Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by Crownp(m): 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2021
Vinnie2000:

How is this news Really? undecided

After ur WAEC, won't you go into the University b4?

Or it he the First person to get 8A's? sad

8A's in 2021 is like 2A's and 6D7 in 1995-2005! What does the students of today know? Do they read?
If I settle down set exam for this Kid in doz subjects, He will NOT pass it! undecided sad cheesy
If the guy doesn't smash it, call him bastard....
We've all been there before, till now I'm still vast in all topics in mathematics and further maths.... Those days we used to clear physics and chemistry like water.... Nelkon and Parker physics textbook then.... Lamlad physics and chemistry....
Those good old days when ota ambassadors students used to make us seem like olodos...
Those abuja students are crazier, FGC suleja, school of the gifted, Loyola Jesuit college...
Omooo.... No talk am again ooo....
Those wey sabi dey
Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by Codes151(m): 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2021
toluxa1:

Ignorance sha!
quote with stupid comment.
How is covent the best Uni in nigeria.
Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by Ajmoziz(m): 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
Vinnie2000:
[/b]

Lolss, cheesy

You will not Understand though!

U can't just compare Students of today and students of the 80's, 90's!
These ones that are being SpoonFed and assisted by dier Teachers/Schools.. sad

Just leave the Arguments! smiley

�������������
Teaching well is. Ow spoonfeeding now,the facts that teachers are better today,takes nothing away from their work ethic and hard work,forget that thing
Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
barojana:
Covenant University, Ota, Ogun state is now a host to one of Nigeria's brightest academic talents who posted straight "As" in his WAEC results.

The student with an amazing performance made a total of 8 "As" in other subjects and 1 "B2" in the English Language Narrating how he came about the impressive outcome, Ronald Dosunmu said his success was a result of relentless hard work and dedication to studies

A Nigerian student identified as Ronald Dosunmu has taken to LinkedIn to celebrate his massive success in the recently released West African School Certificate Examination (WASCE), results. Ronald posted 8 "As" and 1 "B2" in the impressive result seen by Legit.ng.

The only "B" in the result was in English Language. Star student, Ronald Dosunmu made 8 "As" in WAEC. Credit: Ronald Dosunmu/LinkedIn. Source: UGC Sharing the cheering news, Ronald wrote: "This year has probably been one of the most hectic years of my life. I took so many courses on web development, studied and prepared for external examinations, as well as gained admission into the university, all while managing to excel in every single aspect! I remember the feeling of uncertainty I experienced after finishing WAEC.

Sure, I had prepared really well, but I was still a little scared that something might go wrong somewhere, mostly because of the African factor. But to God be the glory, everything went according to plan! My WAEC result was released 3 weeks ago and it was truly incredible! I got 8A1s and a B2 in English (One of the best results in the history of my secondary school)."

My success is a result of relentless hard work To post such a great result must have taken a lot of work, including keeping off social media. Ronald confirmed this: "I haven't been active on my LinkedIn for a really long time. I worked really hard for this and I am extremely happy that my hard work paid off!" Another Nigeria student scores a bull's eye, makes straight "As" in WAEC Legit.ng previously reported how another young Nigerian made 8 distinctions in his WAEC result.

The boy named Adeogun Kehinde Oreoluwa made the result at Ota Total Academy School, Ogun State. In the said result, Kehinde made only 1 "B". He has now applied to study Engineering at Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State. Apart from his great WAEC result, Kehinde also scored a total of 350 out of 400 marks in his JAMB result. The boy made the list of top 10 JAMB students this year.

https://www.legit.ng/people/1447644-nigerian-student-makes-straight-as-waec-gets-covenant-university-style/

They could have look for sponsor for him to study in abroad . How can i use that kind of grade to study in Nigeria and later battle with unemployment.
Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by ppogba: 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
Asour:

Those schools are good but you guys hype schools too much.

Excellent results wherever achieved is largely due to a student's resolve & motivation NOT necessarily a school.

If schools really 'make' a child, why don't they (schools) take responsibility for failures too? )The glory shouldn't exclude the blames.

CU too is a good school but when this boy graduates with flying colours in 5 years time, we'll all attribute his 'success' to CU too right?
Forgetting that he can replicate excellence anywhere else.

Cheers.

Quite surprisingly, Nigerians do not follow trend especially if it has nothing to do with yeyebrities. In 5 years time if and when the guy graduates with a first class, you see people insinuating that CU awards first class indiscriminately. 5 of the top 10 candidates in this year's JAMB applied for private Unis. Simple logic is, garbage in garbage out when in the future they come out with good results.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by MufasaLion: 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2021
Mopolchi:
He for enter any Federal university. I no dey trust all this private university

Oh, he should have gone to a Federal school that strikes more than thunder?
Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by Agugbadin: 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2021
Forget all this, it doesn't contribute to knowledge in Nigeria situation. China produces 250000 graduate engineers yearly you can see their contribution to knowledge in all areas AI, electronics, Automotive, Aerospace, Civil and Buildings, Construction, Medical Engineering, Energy to mention but a few. Since I became conscious of the fact Nigeria produces tens of thousands engineering graduates with many first class and it does not translate to Science and technology growth in Nigeria, I do not get carried away or excited with all those first class and all the A's results that comes out of Nigerian schools as it doesn't contribute to knowledge. We still import everything from China and other countries.
Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
Vicogrin:
I write CV at cheap and affordable price

Bros leave CV first. We are looking for someone who will help us write WAEC with 8As. Can you help us do that ?

2 Likes

Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by MufasaLion: 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
prekumohtim:

They could have look for sponsor for him to study in abroad . How can i use that kind of grade to study in Nigeria and later battle with unemployment.

The boy's future is secured already. Him attending Convenant University shows his parents are rich enough to send him abroad. In the next 4 years, he would be able to secure scholarships for Masters abroad most especially the U.S.

Convenant University is one of the best schools in this nation. He's gonna get the best quality of education.

3 Likes

Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by lindaparker: 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
⚽️365Ball is coming to Nigeria, now launches the "Invite Friends to Earn Rewards" campaign: If you have valid information on this platform, you can invite other friends by sharing promotion links and customer service contact information. If you successfully invite a friend, you can get 77₦, and friends you invite will also have a chance to get 77₦. And can participate in the activity of sharing the cash from advertising, and successfully invite 7 effective customers to immediately win 777₦, and have the opportunity to draw the lucky prize of our platform, the cash prize 777777₦(NGN)⚽️

Nigeria has successfully introduced the 365ball financial market. Recruitment order: As long as you are over 18 years old, have a mobile phone, and have WIFI,
you can earn 10,000 NGN every day . Only in Nigeria! Whatsapp https:///+2347061324448

Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by MufasaLion: 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
prekumohtim:

Bros leave CV first. We are looking for someone who will help us write WAEC with 8As. Can you help us do that ?

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by wman(m): 3:56pm On Dec 29, 2021
Ota, Ogun state has some very good secondary schools.

Ota Total Academy, The Ambassadors, Iganmode Grammar School and others.

Always representing in Cowbell Mathematics Competition, Olympiad worldwide and others.

2 Likes

Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2021
MufasaLion:

The boy's future is secured already. Him attending Convenant University shows his parents are rich enough to send him abroad. In the next 4 years, he would be able to secure scholarships for Masters abroad most especially the U.S.

Convenant University is one of the best schools in this nation. He's gonna get the best quality of education.

Amen o

2 Likes

Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by Vicogrin(m): 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2021
prekumohtim:

hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by anonymuz(m): 4:02pm On Dec 29, 2021
ImoleNaija:
I wish him good luck in his chosen course & career.

Guys, make una just jump & pass the post below mine. Na attention the person dey find.
we don jump an since 1904

1 Like

Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by Elidrisy20: 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2021
Special center results

1 Like

Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by Springboot: 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2021
SweetBuns:
He shouldn’t let it enter his head
University is a different ballgame

Failures always have the same thing to say but don't worry, it takes the same discipline. He will succeed.
Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by phemmyfour: 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2021
siofra:
Congrats dear, you did well. If only these redpillers can follow your footsteps.
He's a red piller you know
Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2021
Creditalerts:
I don't fancy indomie generation academic performance because Google is helping things seriously now sad

So?

Internet has been in use in American academic circles since the early 1990s

By your assertion American graduates of those times have deficient degrees.

I'm not a member of the indomie generation but I used the internet for assignments and even my final project back in the day. Cost me money going to cafe, but it was worth it
Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 29, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:
Hope he did not write the exam in special center
nah i don't think so cos he's jamb was also good
Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by WUMIFAN(m): 4:31pm On Dec 29, 2021
Pls I need your help concerning my admission.He scored 275 in Jamb and score 45 in OOU post utme for MBBS and total agregate is 73.4 and yet his name not in admission list released recently.While the cut off for medicine is 64.4 for non indigenes.How know what to do.Any institution still selling post utme form that is offering medicine in s Southwest/eastern
Re: Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University by barojana: 4:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
Vinnie2000:
[b][/b]

Want to Take dis as an 'evidence'.

I remember an Educational Programme way back (Zain Challenge) for Students of African Universities!
Nigeria was represented by OAU, UNILAG and I think UI. Our Students performed remarkably well against CapeTown University, Makerere University, Tanzania, and one Egyptian University!.. cool smiley

If Private Universities students represented us!..Maybe they would have still done well.

But my Point is
But holistically, there are more Serious minded and Academic sound students in the Public university dan Private!.. smiley

Loool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don Davis: Deeper Life School Principal, Others Remanded In Prison / Lasu Law Student, Aminat Yusuf Graduates With 5.0, Breaking 40 Year Old Record / Final Year UNIUYO Student In Lucky Escape As Ceiling Fan Falls Off While Asleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.