Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing (20301 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down / Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures / Water Scarcity In Enugu: Long Queues Sighted In Most Parts Of The State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by femtex007(m): 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2021
Reality3080:
This is pure propaganda from amala ewedu media,everyone in enugu is a billionaire n each house have a minimum of 2 borehole so it's impossible
You don't know anything about Enugu
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Jamesbally: 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2021
YourFavorite21:
grin grin see person wey dey follow me talk bloody skull miner, everybody now don dey claim Big man for internet these days grin,
even person wey borrow 50mb data from mtn go dey raise shoulder like elevator, cheesy oga your hatred for igbo people will never take you anywhere in life,

change your mentality.

E get why all Nigerians hate them. They are cannibals, criminals, they sell Babies, 419, drugs, they sell fake things, kidnappers, cultists and many more. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by femtex007(m): 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2021
Figger:
the thing tire me oh, I've lived in Enugu before and I can categorically tell u that water is thier biggest challenge there. I kept wondering if it's impossible to dig borehole there.
It's impossible.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by tony1305: 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2021
i926:
Enugu metropolis is underlain by shale which is an aquitard, and borehole instability might be another issue due to the shaly nature of the subsurface. Running a geophysical survey before drilling, will definitely yield a good outcome on where to drill and depth to drill to. But the problem with the people is that they don't believe in spending money. I know a hotel worth millions, but there's no borehole, they buy water to refill. Drill borehole..mba.

Unlike Northern politicians that commission water projects for their people in cities, towns and villages..an average Eastern politician would prefer to carry some big booty bitch than do such.

Igbos ain't really smart.

Hi am really concerned about this issue of water in Enugu. Am based here though not that long I came but my question is it possible to drill a borehole here and do you have an idea of the estimate? Thanks
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Echara: 10:44pm On Dec 29, 2021
In4matic:
Reminds me of the day I drove through Enugu and encountered engine overheating.

I took a keg intending to fetch water from nearby houses/shops/filling stations.

Omo, the way they were looking at me like I was asking for some precious stone baffled me!

Like play, I couldn't get water anywhere, i had to drive it like that till I got to a supermarket and bought bottles of water to fill the radiator.

I got to appreciate my Niger Delta where water can never be a commodity hoarded by anyone...

And they come online to chest beat all the time .

You should've asked why rather than being sarcastic. Asking questions is part of enlightenment. It helps you understand why things are the way they are.

What's borehole that individuals can not drill?

In Niger Delta you drill your borehole for just 100-150 feet you'll have abundance of water. In Enugu, even a thousand feet, you won't get water.

It's not about money. It's simply impossible to drill a borehole in Enugu metropolis. Make your findings if you don't believe this.

The water used in Enugu metropolis are from night mile.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by vickydevoka(m): 10:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
jmoore:

Topography of the area determines the accessibility of water via borehole.

A former Head of Geology Department, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Professor Smart Obioara, also aligned with both Udeogu and Ndukwe’s position. He confirmed that the geology of a particular area must be considered before a borehole drilling process commences. According to him, Enugu generally is a very bad place to drill for water and you can hardly find the rocks that can store water, although people have been making efforts and drilling wells.

“If you don’t have the necessary rock, what is called an aquifer, which can contain and also be able to release water in abundance, it will be hard. If you are not within the water table, the hope of getting water is slim and even if you do, it will dry up easily,” he explained.

Aquifer refers to when a water-bearing rock readily transmits water to wells and springs. The rate of recharge is not the same for all aquifers, and that must be considered when pumping water from a well.
Dr. Smart is now a professor
Very strict man that Year
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Landmack: 10:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
oyatz:

And do you know that 1000 bore holes in a small geographical area like Enugu can trigger an Earthquake?

The State Government can solve this problem by invititing private investors to build and manage water corporations around the metropolis, drawing water from large Rivers and using the techniques of water harvesting.
The ever filled Oji river is there for Lazy Enugu govt to utilize and help fix her water problem but no,the stuffed up whale of a Governor is busy handing the state over to God. God’s even tired

This shit can never happen in Anambra and our big guys go dey sit don look. Mbanu nu

This Enugu water issue always takes the headline every year and it is becoming embarrassing. If Ugwuanyi is helpless,he should speak OUT!

Water is a basic necessity

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by YourFavorite21(m): 10:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
Jamesbally:

E get why all Nigerians hate them. They are cannibals, criminals, they sell Babies, 419, drugs, they sell fake things, kidnappers, cultists and many more. grin
So who are they Skull minners, Yahoo fraudsters, And Armed robbers, ?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by vickydevoka(m): 10:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
helinues:

You guys like giving excuse Sha.

Dubai is a desert yet they don't have water problem.

Water is essential, no matter how much it might cost, if the political leaders are really ready to fix it, they can
Tell them. Water can be recycled. They can build a water collection center. Channel all the water back to the center. Even bathing n toilet water in Dubai are recycled

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Gryffindor: 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2021
Figger:
the thing tire me oh, I've lived in Enugu before and I can categorically tell u that water is thier biggest challenge there. I kept wondering if it's impossible to dig borehole there.

It is,their ground is mostly coal,that even the govt. House buy water from the stream via thanked supply
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Gryffindor: 10:59pm On Dec 29, 2021
smartasuen:
Can't the very affluent men and women there team up to do boreholes on every street?
I mean, how much will it cost them........

They cant,lived in Enughu for 11 years ,their ground is mostly coal underneath,can't drill boreholes,not even the govt house or GRAs hv one,they all buy water via tanker supply
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Jamesbally: 11:00pm On Dec 29, 2021
YourFavorite21:
So who are they Skull minners, Yahoo fraudsters, And Armed robbers, ?

They are from Eastern Nigeria grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Goodness001: 11:03pm On Dec 29, 2021
okeyglm:
oga that's pure lie , it won't cost 2b naira to get water in the whole of Enugu city.

I'm talking from professional point of view.
Getting water in whole of Enugu city will cost a trillion naira. 2b naira can't even build you a short span flyover
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Paulson2020(m): 11:08pm On Dec 29, 2021
It's good as impossible how can one dig up to 35feet yet you couldn't find water.. they are called ENUGU which means up the hill and it's difficult to find water up the hill
Figger:
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by fineboynl(m): 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2021
tony1305:

Hi am really concerned about this issue of water in Enugu. Am based here though not that long I came but my question is it possible to drill a borehole here and do you have an idea of the estimate? Thanks
go to 9mile that is the only place. And land is expensive there now.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Sermwell(m): 11:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
In4matic:

I took a keg intending to fetch water from nearby houses/shops/filling stations.

Omo, the way they were looking at me like I was asking for some precious stone baffled me!

Like play, I couldn't get water anywhere, i had to drive it like that till I got to a supermarket and bought bottles of water to fill the radiator.

I got to appreciate my Niger Delta where water can never be a commodity hoarded by anyone...

I'm not Igbo but you really sound foolish for nut knowing the reason for water scarcity in places like Enugu! Go and get some education!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by TrumpDonald2: 11:23pm On Dec 29, 2021
oyatz:

And do you know that 1000 bore holes in a small geographical area like Enugu can trigger an Earthquake?

Who tell you this one?
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Landmack: 11:25pm On Dec 29, 2021
vickydevoka:

Tell them. Water can be recycled. They can build a water collection center. Channel all the water back to the center. Even bathing n toilet water in Dubai are recycled
Then d lazy governor should seek assistance from FG and a world bank assisted fund

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Shedrack12: 11:28pm On Dec 29, 2021
I hardly comment on nairaland but this information is false im from enugu was born and brought up in enugu i have never experienced water scarcity in enugu until I relocated to lagos recently.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Landmack: 11:30pm On Dec 29, 2021
In4matic:

Your last lines shows how foolish you are...no wonder God decided to punish u pple with black soot pandemic..at least there’s is only water,while yours is a full blown pandemic..some of ur village elders are already down with cancer.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by shantti(m): 11:39pm On Dec 29, 2021
kponkedenge:

You've never lived in Enugu before that's why you're talking like this. Enugu is not like Lagos that when you dig the ground, you'll see water.... and you can easily dug bore hole everywhere.

If you dig the ground in Enugu, what you'll be seeing is coal.

The water situation there is terrible.

Yeah but if u dig beyond the coal u will see water.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by shantti(m): 11:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
Goodness001:
Water scarcity in Enugu metropolis is well established but people need to understand the underlying reason.
There's no single borehole in Enugu metropolis. Enugu is sitting on massive shale/extensive coal which is bad aquifer. It's simply economically impossible to drill borehole in Enugu, so that's why no private individual can develop borehole system in Enugu. Well water are common in some area but sometimes dry up during dry season.
The adjoining Ajali formation on the Udi plateau is quite a good aquifer and has been the source of water in Enugu through private mobile tankers. Enugu has water cooperation that source water from the area under Ajali formation which are outside the city serving small percentage of the people living in the city. Developing comprehensive water system in Enugu will cost a fortune(Billions of US dollars) which explains why the problem has lingered for so long.

Have u really been to enugu. Boreholes are plentiful. Those that have boreholes have no water problem. The issue is with those that don't have boreholes. These set of people depend on wells which dry up during the dry season though not all well dry up
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by shantti(m): 11:48pm On Dec 29, 2021
Sunday2021:
there is a way they can get water from neighboring states. Come to kaduna and see the water treatment plant that El Rufai build.
Check the allocation coming to enugu every month, it's enough to bring water from Ebonyi to enugu.

The water from ebonyi state is too salty
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by chelseamann(m): 11:55pm On Dec 29, 2021
Lies written all over this...
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by shantti(m): 11:55pm On Dec 29, 2021
Echara:

You should've asked why rather than being sarcastic. Asking questions is part of enlightenment. It helps you understand why things are the way they are.

What's borehole that individuals can not drill?

In Niger Delta you drill your borehole for just 100-150 feet you'll have abundance of water. In Enugu, even a thousand feet, you won't get water.

It's not about money. It's simply impossible to drill a borehole in Enugu metropolis. Make your findings if you don't believe this.

The water used in Enugu metropolis are from night mile.

What is wrong with u guys, boreholes are plentiful in Enugu. Kilode. The problem is that PHCN bring outrageous estimated bill for you each month if u have boreholes in ur compound. Imagine paying 40k every month for light bill
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Phut(f): 12:05am On Dec 30, 2021
smartasuen:
Can't the very affluent men and women there team up to do boreholes on every street?
I mean, how much will it cost them........

Enugwu is very mountaineous. Enu-Ugwu literally means mountaintop. So when they dig boreholes, a lot of times, they do not hit water.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by boookworm: 12:08am On Dec 30, 2021
This is one major reason I left enugu immediately I finished my youth service there.

Water was a major challenge. One gallon was 100 Naira And you trek a long distance before you will even see to buy. I was bathing once in 2 days. I started using bushes when I wanted to poo. It was hell. I was not used to that kinda life so I couldn't cope. I hail Enugu residents o

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by NewsForYou: 12:22am On Dec 30, 2021
Goodness001:

I'm talking from professional point of view.
Getting water in whole of Enugu city will cost a trillion naira. 2b naira can't even build you a short span flyover
How much dem con take run water for the whole of Dubai? You people can dish out numbers sha. See your life.
Una go say Lagos no get portable water. Lagos is dirty and filthy. Insult north, lambast southwest, use south south catch cruise whereas you have all the problems of the world plaguing that your tiny dot region. Look at all of you coming out to defend something that’s not necessary. As not dry reach dem no need trillions to drill borehole. Continue lying and deceiving yourself.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by yuping(m): 1:09am On Dec 30, 2021
North is not suffering from water but Enugu is SMH, the problem we have are youth who think that saying out what they lack in their state is an attack on them. Instead to go and drag out their Governor from the hotel he lodge.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Sells Seized Goats To Owners / Thugs Disrupt Protest Against N300m Pension For Ex Edo Governors (Photos) / Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.