Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account (1094 Views)

Fraud Alert!!! How Gtbank/uber/taxify Defrauded Me Of Over N90,000! / Innoson Vs Gtbank: 30 Key Points To Know About Their Dispute / Innoson Vs GTBank: EFCC Arrests Innocent Chukwuma In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by HenriYire(m): 2:23pm On Dec 30, 2021
A STEP BY STEP ACCOUNT OF HOW GTBANK ENSURED HACKERS EMPTY MY ACCOUNT

My name is Henry Amrevurayire and I operate a Gtbank account with account number 00114677947. My phone was stolen on Friday 24th December, 2021 around 10am, and I immediately went to the Gtbank branch on Admiralty way, Lekki to report the incidence and request for the account to be blocked. The following scenario occurred:

1. I was offered a USSD code and despite several attempts to block the account, I was told that the code was non-functional due to some platform issues.
As a last resort, I decided to transfer the money in my account and alerting the employee at the reception desk of the bank, he gave me the following Gtbank official line 09055793262 with which I called my wife and promptly got her account number. I have attached the text message she sent with her account number to the aforementioned line with the time clearly showing that it was 10:59 am.

2. I requested for two withdrawals;
One cash withdrawal of N30,000 and a transfer of 150,000, all the while stating the urgency of the matter.
The cash withdrawal came while I was still in the banking hall at 11:14 am ( find attached mail receipt to prove time ) and I was told that the other transfer had been effected. I left and returned about 30 minutes later when I called my wife and discovered that the amount had still not been transferred, I immediately returned back to the same bank ( it's minutes away from my office) and made a complaint about not seeing the transfer and was told that there were some irregularities and I had to sign on the withdrawal slip and change the amount, all the while complaining that they need to urgently do the transfer because my phone had been stolen.
The cashier again confirmed to me that it was done and that I could go.

3. For reasons unknown to me, the cashier refused to effect the transfer for the next one hour plus ( I left the bank the second time around past noon) and it was not until 1:24 pm ( find email proof of withdrawal) that the fist illegal debit of 90,000 occurred.
A total of 140,000 was eventually removed from the account after continuous attempts by me to get Gtbank to move the money but to no avail. Find attached proof of deductions done after Gtbank refused to transfer the requested amount.

4. I demand that the amount taken from my account ( N140,000) be immediately replaced by Gtbank because of their negligence towards security protocols to frustrate illegal transfer of funds from unsuspecting accounts. From the recent complaints from several Gtbank users, there seems to be suspicions of some kind of conspiracy between Gtbank and account hackers to steal from innocent Nigerians and this needs to be addressed urgently.

Please note that as a seasoned media professional I intend to take all available legal steps at my disposal and use my diverse network of media contacts to make sure word about this reaches all Nigerians both online and offline, if my money is not replaced Immediately and this security negligence addressed appropriately.

So, I decided to go back to the Gtbank that enabled this hackers steal my money, you never know someone inside the bank might be collaborating with them to empty innocent people's accounts.

I detailed my shocking experience in my next post..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by TheStakeHolder(m): 2:28pm On Dec 30, 2021
QUITE UNFORTUNATE. LET YOUR LAWYERS WRITE TO THEM. THEY SHOULD PAY FOR DAMAGES.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by polimaf(m): 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2021
This is crazy, a friend of mine complained of losing 50k+ also to hackers... Y'all need to do something about GTB asap

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by homebase(m): 3:39pm On Dec 30, 2021
This is really terrible.

You have to do a lot of things on your own to run a successful social media campaign for your business.

From creating the content to posting it, monitoring it, and measuring its success, there are just too many things that can go wrong.

Unfortunately you don’t have the time or resources to manage all of these yourself.

AbbeyWise provides everything you need to manage all aspects of a social media campaign.

We will create the content, schedule it, monitor it, and even provide daily analytics so you know exactly what’s working and what isn’t.

See my signature below to learn more
Re: How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by ubreal(m): 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2021
Sue them joor
Na always gtb with fraud

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by bigl: 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2021
HenriYire:

A STEP BY STEP ACCOUNT OF HOW GTBANK ENSURED HACKERS EMPTY MY ACCOUNT

My name is Henry Amrevurayire and I operate a Gtbank account with account number 00114677947. My phone was stolen on Friday 24th December, 2021 around 10am, and I immediately went to the Gtbank branch on Admiralty way, Lekki to report the incidence and request for the account to be blocked. The following scenario occurred:

1. I was offered a USSD code and despite several attempts to block the account, I was told that the code was non-functional due to some platform issues.
As a last resort, I decided to transfer the money in my account and alerting the employee at the reception desk of the bank, he gave me the following Gtbank official line 09055793262 with which I called my wife and promptly got her account number. I have attached the text message she sent with her account number to the aforementioned line with the time clearly showing that it was 10:59 am.

2. I requested for two withdrawals;
One cash withdrawal of N30,000 and a transfer of 150,000, all the while stating the urgency of the matter.
The cash withdrawal came while I was still in the banking hall at 11:14 am ( find attached mail receipt to prove time ) and I was told that the other transfer had been effected. I left and returned about 30 minutes later when I called my wife and discovered that the amount had still not been transferred, I immediately returned back to the same bank ( it's minutes away from my office) and made a complaint about not seeing the transfer and was told that there were some irregularities and I had to sign on the withdrawal slip and change the amount, all the while complaining that they need to urgently do the transfer because my phone had been stolen.
The cashier again confirmed to me that it was done and that I could go.

3. For reasons unknown to me, the cashier refused to effect the transfer for the next one hour plus ( I left the bank the second time around past noon) and it was not until 1:24 pm ( find email proof of withdrawal) that the fist illegal debit of 90,000 occurred.
A total of 140,000 was eventually removed from the account after continuous attempts by me to get Gtbank to move the money but to no avail. Find attached proof of deductions done after Gtbank refused to transfer the requested amount.

4. I demand that the amount taken from my account ( N140,000) be immediately replaced by Gtbank because of their negligence towards security protocols to frustrate illegal transfer of funds from unsuspecting accounts. From the recent complaints from several Gtbank users, there seems to be suspicions of some kind of conspiracy between Gtbank and account hackers to steal from innocent Nigerians and this needs to be addressed urgently.

Please note that as a seasoned media professional I intend to take all available legal steps at my disposal and use my diverse network of media contacts to make sure word about this reaches all Nigerians both online and offline, if my money is not replaced Immediately and this security negligence addressed appropriately.

To verify any of this claims or for clarity of any kind, please call me on 08065185869

Eeya, sowie Baba ... I feel your pain ... Get a good lawyer and put your papers in order.

On the other hand, you should have gotten the nearest phone or internet enabled laptop, logged into your gtbank internet banking and moved all the money straight to your wife's account which, should have been saved as a beneficiary.

Those bank staffs do behave like demons and also, do conive with criminals to defraud customers ....

It is well ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by Abilistic(m): 8:46pm On Dec 30, 2021
I feel your pain bro....

Those shenanigans bank staff can be so frustrating atimes.

You should have confirmed your balance and block the account instantly at the bank.

It's so unfortunate!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by lecturer50(m): 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2021
This is horrible.

I wonder how they were able to know the password to transfer the money.

Like the phone number I am using has a password with which I alone can transfer money from my first bank account to someone.

How they were able to know that password is baffling.

It means that it is very risky to lose your phone or your line.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by HenriYire(m): 7:27pm On Jan 01, 2022
Tried doing that from a laptop but the transfer required a token or a code sent to my phone ( which was in the thieve's hand at that time)

bigl:

Eeya, sowie Baba ... I feel your pain ... Get a good lawyer and put your papers in order.

On the other hand, you should have gotten the nearest phone or internet enabled laptop, logged into your gtbank internet banking and moved all the money straight to your wife's account which, should have been saved as a beneficiary.

Those bank staffs do behave like demons and also, do conive with criminals to defraud customers ....

It is well ...
Re: How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by HenriYire(m): 7:28pm On Jan 01, 2022
Losing your phone in this country is a scary thing. You are definitely at risk. Sad.

lecturer50:
This is horrible.

I wonder how they were able to know the password to transfer the money.

Like the phone number I am using has a password with which I alone can transfer money from my first bank account to someone.

How they were able to know that password is baffling.

It means that it is very risky to lose your phone or your line.
Re: How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by HenriYire(m): 7:29pm On Jan 01, 2022
That was my first move. Told them to block the account but they said the code was not working. Can you imagine?

Abilistic:
I feel your pain bro....

You should have confirmed your balance and block the account instantly at the bank.

It's so unfortunate!
Re: How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by sheriwin3910: 7:38pm On Jan 01, 2022
I would advise you password your sim card, especially the one you do transfer with. Even if your phone is stolen and they mistakenly switch it off, they would need your puk number before they can have access to your sim.
Re: How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by sonssyo: 7:55pm On Jan 01, 2022
sheriwin3910:
I would advise you password your sim card, especially the one you do transfer with. Even if your phone is stolen and they mistakenly switch it off, they would need your puk number before they can have access to your sim.

How do I go about it please, have tried it without any result, kindly help!
Re: How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by sheriwin3910: 8:01pm On Jan 01, 2022
It's in phone settings. Just Google how to lock my sim. But ensure your puk number is available before you try locking it
Re: How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by bigl: 4:13am On Jan 02, 2022
HenriYire:
Tried doing that from a laptop but the transfer required a token or a code sent to my phone ( which was in the thieve's hand at that time)

Nooo brova, that's why u should have the hardware token which si about 2k ....

That would have saved your bacon bro ... It is well

We have to learn to outsmart these con men
Re: How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by Fyie: 7:58am On Jan 02, 2022
How long did you waste trying to get help from bank? You had enough time but wasted it.

You didn't have ATM card to remove your money from your account?

You should have called your network provider with another sim to help you block your sim

Oga Next time password your simcard..
Re: How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by HenriYire(m): 10:01am On Jan 03, 2022
Didn't have the ATM with me. True, I should have just called my network provider and blocked the sim card instantly.
I relaxed when the bank cashier at Gtbank told me the funds had been transferred.
My mistake.

Fyie:
How long did you waste trying to get help from bank? You had enough time but wasted it.

You didn't have ATM card to remove your money from your account?

You should have called your network provider with another sim to help you block your sim

Oga Next time password your simcard..
Re: How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account by HenriYire(m): 6:19pm On Jan 04, 2022
That was my first move. Told them to block the account but they said the code was not working. Can you imagine?

Abilistic:
I feel your pain bro....

It's so unfortunate!

(1) (Reply)

How To Partner With Nature's Renaissance Int. Ltd And Make Massive Money! / CLOTHES DON CHEAP... READ THIS NOW / How i replied my ex when she saw my business post on whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.