Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) (6919 Views)

Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? / Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? / Why Is No One Talking About Fayose's Presidential Ambition? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Cashsteady(m): 3:32pm On Dec 30, 2021
Shanghai is by far the most advanced city in the world better than New York and all American cities but still don't understand why it doesn't get the hype

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Cashsteady(m): 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2021

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by updatechange(m): 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2021
because it's too far... tongue

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2021
Most global popular culture originates in the Western world and even a tiny slice of the Western world.

As an example, how many Chinese football clubs and their history does the op know compared to American sports clubs professional and their histories?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Cashsteady(m): 3:38pm On Dec 30, 2021
backbencher:
Most global popular culture originates in the Western world and even a tiny slice of the Western world.

As an example, how many Chinese football clubs and their history does the op know compared to American sports clubs professional and their histories?

We are talking about cities not football club... Funny how most people don't wanna admit that China is now far better than the US in almost every aspect..

America is living on old glory... China is the future know this and know peace..

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Rilwayne001: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2021
backbencher:

Not really. We really hear of the west more than the Asians because the west colonized us and they projected their lives in our psych, including that of their allies, even embedded some in our culture.

Imagine if the Chinese were the ones that colonized Nigerians

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2021
When was the right time that you see highly successful people who do not depend on external funding using megaphones?

China is moving their humans to Tier 1 civilization and they do not think they have done enough yet.

When China is done, the difference between night and day will be the moon.

They will launch a new moon

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2021
Cashsteady:

We are talking about cities not football club... Funny how most people don't wanna admit that China is now far better than the US in almost every aspect..

America is living on old glory... China is the future know this and know peace..

That is kind of my point

The more popular the culture, the more popular the country.

China right now doesn't have much of a popular culture mark compared to even Japan, Korea and the USA.

And once a country's culture is popular, so also the country,which is why more people know about New York than Shanghai

Yes China is getting better. And it does not bother me . Civilization come, civilization go. The UK used to be powerful back in the 19th century

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Jafar1: 3:44pm On Dec 30, 2021
u won't hear much about it from this part of the world because our colonial masters were not from China....

But nonetheless, our technological advancement were mostly because of them, and the development speed of China and UAE is quite amazing!

6 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2021
Rilwayne001:

Not really. We really hear of the west more than the Asians because the west colonized us and they projected their lives in our psych, including that of their allies, even embedded some in our culture.

Imagine if the Chinese were the ones that colonized Nigerians

Yes colonization and to an extent American enterbtianment exports played a role( especially in spreading languages like English which one needs to access the pop culture stuff)

( The US is good at exporting it's culture)

But even then, as an example, Korean pop culture and Japanese pop culture is popular in many countries in the West. Turkish pop culture is big in many parts of the Muslim world. And so on

The internet is changing the landscape too well well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2021
Because we don’t speak Chinese. And unfortunately, they brought us covid.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 4:05pm On Dec 30, 2021
Cashsteady:
Shanghai is by far the most advanced city in the world better than New York and all American cities but still don't understand why it doesn't get the hype
Enumerate the reason New york gets hyped up and you will see why Shangai doesn't get the same hype.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 30, 2021
China is a developing country....
You can't compare a civilisatin from the 18th and 19th century to the current infrastructurer development... But Shanghai is not better than all US cities.

Tell me how many cities China has and how many Cities US of A has

2 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by lkillbrokehoes: 4:17pm On Dec 30, 2021
Shanghai is really beautiful

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by austinvsb: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2021
While I am not necessarily for their style of government, China is clear!

They have the largest population in the world (US + all of EU combined and extra), still they aren't trying to force their way of life, culture or politics on the world. Live your life, I live my own! That alone makes them endearing to me.

Also in terms of economy and infrastructure, abeg no one touches them!!! They are actually very interested in having the lifestyle and individual successes of Chinese people be the determinant of how big their economy is, not some fudged numbers by the overpriced stock valuation of the companies of a few persons.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by NwaNimo1(m): 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2021

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Greyworld: 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2021
All those hyping China, just so you know the Chinese that you are hyping are trying hard to be like Americans. China is doing well but its not just sensible to say Shanghai is better than all US cities.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by homebase(m): 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2021
Wow! This really beautiful

You have to do a lot of things on your own to run a successful social media campaign for your business.

From creating the content to posting it, monitoring it, and measuring its success, there are just too many things that can go wrong.

Unfortunately you don’t have the time or resources to manage all of these yourself.

AbbeyWise provides everything you need to manage all aspects of a social media campaign.

We will create the content, schedule it, monitor it, and even provide daily analytics so you know exactly what’s working and what isn’t.

See my signature below to learn more
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by ahuja12: 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2021
I don’t like anything chinese

2 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by chukxie(m): 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2021
Shanghai is the priced jewel of China. It is the most European-ish city in China. It's also home to some of the most expensive real estates in China! A visit to the Bund is a most for visitors to Shanghai. In my opinion, Shanghai is way more beautiful, clean and cosmopolitan than Beijing.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by heniford2: 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2021
China this China that maybe the Op has not visited any US cities just pictures shown to him through social media but because he want to make a point his hitting it on us okey Mr, Op u won China is beautiful and smarter than the USA Next!!!!! Person way never commot from IBADAN talk more Naija grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2021
backbencher:

That is kind of my point

The more popular the culture, the more popular the country.

China right now doesn't have much of a popular culture mark compared to even Japan, Korea and the USA.

And once a country's culture is popular, so also the country,which is why more people know about New York than Shanghai

Yes China is getting better. And it does not bother me . Civilization come, civilization go. The UK used to be powerful back in the 19th century

You are an illiterate......you no go school atall

4 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2021
michael77777:

You are an illiterate......you no go school atall

Good evening wise man and do have a good and prosperous new year with no pain and more and more good things

5 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by 9182736455O1999(m): 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2021
My dream country! cool
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by 9182736455O1999(m): 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2021
backbencher:

Good evening wise man and do have a good and prosperous new year with no pain and more and more good things
Oga Jesus cheesy
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2021
9182736455O1999:

Oga Jesus cheesy

I'm a human,not a divinity.

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by 9182736455O1999(m): 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2021
backbencher:

I'm a human,not a divinity.
i mean, if it were some people that guy insulted. they would have derailed the thread with violence.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2021
9182736455O1999:

i mean, if it were some people that guy insulted.
they would have derailed the thread with violence.

Yes, true.

But at the end of the day, this is just a site. In twenty years no one would remember this thread,if Nairaland still exists even self.

Why waste a few atoms on abuse?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by 9182736455O1999(m): 6:08pm On Dec 30, 2021
backbencher:

Yes, true.

But at the end of the day, this is just a site. In twenty years no one would remember this thread,if Nairaland still exists even self.

Why waste a few atoms on abuse?
Lol. You even prayed for him and blessed him.

That's nice.

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Freighthost: 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2021
Cashsteady:

u also need to check Moscow and some part of Europe
U will realize dat USA dey learn for development

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by iyke484real(m): 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2021
updatechange:
because it's too far... tongue
comrade, New York self no be child's play.... take a look bellow bro New York is not a joke.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

From My Polling Unit In Watari Dambare Ward Kano / Describe Rochas Okoracha's Administration In 2 Words / Natural Method Of Reducing Body Fats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.