Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use (2976 Views)

Jiji Is The Worst Consumer Purchase Site In Nigeria; ABSOLUTELY FRUSTRATING / Jiji Is Taking Down Bad Reviews And Leading To Buyers Falling Into Scam Plots / Enugu: Water On Wheels Is Not Reliable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Victoronah1: 9:31am On Dec 31, 2021
I will try to make this as easy as possible to read and understand. We have the freedom to speech.

I have been using Jiji over the years, some sellers tried to scam me into buying their fake items but I always find a way to avoid buying those stuffs. Recently I discovered the feedback system on Jiji, where you can give a feedback if the seller did a good job. I got InTouch with a house agent,which the case became so horrible. The agent fought me over an inspection fee we never agreed. He made calls and called some of his friends to come to our location, but I was able to drag him to the station. After everything, we ended and I was so embarrassed an agent will involve in physical fight with his client. I went to the Jiji feedback system to give my feedback. After giving my feedback, Jiji deleted it immediately. I was Shocked. This is when I figured out Jiji deletes alot of feedback from their sellers. If you have a negative feedback with a seller, then Jiji immediately deletes it. This is very fraudulent, I have never seen an online store that deletes feedback. Feedback is an honest opinion of show a client or buyer feels and should be respected no matter what. Jiji has to go through the feedback themselves, and decide if it is worthy to be allowed. In turn deleting alot of valuable feedbacks that could save you from buying fake or getting scammed, and keeping bad sellers on their site. I will encourage you never to try . They cannot be trusted especially if the client is using their promotion tools. This agent posted over 10 hours all promoted, but no single house he posted is available. But the houses are getting promoted even as of recent.

Share your stories if you have been scammed on Jiji, and what was your experience.

I attached images below.

Mynd44
OAm4j

People need to know this. I claim responsibility of this post.

2 Likes

Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Kriss216: 9:32am On Dec 31, 2021
I love how you drag him to police station. 65% of house agents in Nigeria are criminals and scammers.

They will collect caution fee, commitment fee and inspection fee just to show you a dilapidated or gore house. The last agent that tried that bs with me 3 years ago, I almost strangled him. Foolish people!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Myer(m): 9:34am On Dec 31, 2021
Be the judge.
If you know a feedback will be a dent to your image and reduce your patronage, wont you delete it?

What you should be more concerned with is Jiji sanctioning or suspending the seller.
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Victoronah1: 9:36am On Dec 31, 2021
Myer:
Be the judge.
If you know a feedback will be a dent to your image and reduce your patronage, wont you delete it?

What you should be more concerned with is Jiji sanctioning or suspending the seller.
the seller is not the one that deleted it but Jiji themselves. Why will they try such a thing. I freelance on some websites, you can never delete a client feedback, it's even a crime. I'm sure this has been happening. That website is a fraud on its own

Why delete a feedback, from a seller to save your image? The seller is not suspended and will never be.

11 Likes

Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by headbasher96(m): 9:37am On Dec 31, 2021
Dont use them again na are they forcing u
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by DoctorDree(m): 9:38am On Dec 31, 2021
Online stuff this days ehn
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Victoronah1: 9:39am On Dec 31, 2021
headbasher96:
oga, sometimes you think like you have some brain's. They didn't force me, Jiji is deleting their feedback and people don't know. And you want it to continue. Until you too get scammed or your siblings before you know, you have to care for others and warn people of impending doom. It's very selfish of me to know this and keep it. It's also makes me a victim to their crime

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Victoronah1: 9:42am On Dec 31, 2021
Kriss216:
I love how you drag him to police station. 65% of house agents in Nigeria are criminals and scammers.

They will collect caution fee, commitment fee and inspection fee just to show you a dilapidated or gore house. The last agent that tried that bs with me 3 years ago, I almost strangled him. Foolish people!
I stated everything in the Jiji feedback. Left nothing. This guy told me he was street, that's when I had to drag him to the station. Do you know this guy is posting houses and promoting them on Jiji, but when I contacted him, he never had any of the houses he was promoting. So why promote a house with money when you don't even have the house to show?

1 Like

Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Kriss216: 9:45am On Dec 31, 2021
Victoronah1:
I stated everything in the Jiji feedback. Left nothing. This guy told me he was street, that's when I had to drag him to the station. Do you know this guy is posting houses and promoting them on Jiji, but when I contacted him, he never had any of the houses he was promoting. So why promote a house with money when you don't even have the house to show?
He should be glad he met a gentleman like you. Telling me you're street will automatically land the person to hospital within 5 minutes.

#nojokes

3 Likes

Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by headbasher96(m): 9:48am On Dec 31, 2021
Victoronah1:
oga, sometimes you think like you have some brain's. They didn't force me, Jiji is deleting their feedback and people don't know. And you want it to continue. Until you too get scammed or your siblings before you know, you have to care for others and warn people of impending doom. It's very selfish of me to know this and keep it. It's also makes me a victim to their crime
oga so long as u are in nigeria know this any business u do the government just want their vat nothing more they wont even check to know if its citizens are been swindled.

Boycot jiji thats all only the interface of jiji .ng has made me vow never to do business with them fraud is the lucrative business now and everybody wants to engage so create the awareness to your own circle and leave the rest e no go help anything
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by floss(m): 9:51am On Dec 31, 2021
Hmmm....scam is Nigeria middle name
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Victoronah1: 9:52am On Dec 31, 2021
headbasher96:
oga so long as u are in nigeria know this any business u do the government just want their vat nothing more they wont even check to know if its citizens are been swindled.

Boycot jiji thats all only the interface of jiji .ng has made me vow never to do business with them fraud is the lucrative business now and everybody wants to engage so create the awareness to your own circle and leave the rest e no go help anything
thank you. However, I want to create awareness, because I'm sure alot of people have fallen to this trap, and they didn't even know their feedback was dubiously removed, by this fraudulent company Jiji .ng . The reason I contacted this guy was because I saw less negative feedback. The negative feedback where are saying he is very dishonest, but nothing too strong. If only Jiji kept the other feedbacks, I would have avoided this seller. He positive. This is the reason the feedback section was there. But Jiji manipulates it and forces you to say what they want.

7 Likes

Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by fullnetwork: 9:57am On Dec 31, 2021
Wetin you dey find for jiji sef?
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by fullnetwork: 10:00am On Dec 31, 2021
Myer:
Be the judge.

That's why this country cannot move forward.
So, what will be the source or basis for sanction if it's OK to delete feedbacks? Its called integrity.

3 Likes

Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by headbasher96(m): 10:01am On Dec 31, 2021
Victoronah1:
thank you. However, I want to create awareness, because I'm sure alot of people have fallen to this trap, and they didn't even know their feedback was dubiously removed, by this fraudulent company Jiji .ng . The reason I contacted this guy was because I saw less negative feedback. The negative feedback where are saying he is very dishonest, but nothing too strong. If only Jiji kept the other feedbacks, I would have avoided this seller. He positive. This is the reason the feedback section was there. But Jiji manipulates it and forces you to say what they want.
just know that every business entity one way or the other are always into coverups not to tarnish their image most expecially nigerian businesses but i believe a time will come when every youth will unite to curb their excesses.

Can u imagine google playstores deleting customer feedback on their apps

1 Like

Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 31, 2021
Victoronah1:
I will try to make this as easy as possible to read and understand. We have the freedom to speech.

I have been using Jiji over the years, some sellers tried to scam me into buying their fake items but I always find a way to avoid buying those stuffs. Recently I discovered the feedback system on Jiji, where you can give a feedback if the seller did a good job. I got InTouch with a house agent,which the case became so horrible. The agent fought me over an inspection fee we never agreed. He made calls and called some of his friends to come to our location, but I was able to drag him to the station. After everything, we ended and I was so embarrassed an agent will involve in physical fight with his client. I went to the Jiji feedback system to give my feedback. After giving my feedback, Jiji deleted it immediately. I was Shocked. This is when I figured out Jiji deletes alot of feedback from their sellers. If you have a negative feedback with a seller, then Jiji immediately deletes it. This is very fraudulent, I have never seen an online store that deletes feedback. Feedback is an honest opinion of show a client or buyer feels and should be respected no matter what. Jiji has to go through the feedback themselves, and decide if it is worthy to be allowed. In turn deleting alot of valuable feedbacks that could save you from buying fake or getting scammed, and keeping bad sellers on their site. I will encourage you never to try . They cannot be trusted especially if the client is using their promotion tools. This agent posted over 10 hours all promoted, but no single house he posted is available. But the houses are getting promoted even as of recent.

Share your stories if you have been scammed on Jiji, and what was your experience.

I attached images below.

Mynd44
OAm4j

Go make this comment on top there app for Google play store

1 Like

Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 31, 2021
Victoronah1:
Nah because of people like that guy you quoted this country is backward
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Victoronah1: 10:28am On Dec 31, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Go make this comment on top there app for Google play store
it won't make much difference, if only this thread gets to the front page, of then people will know how dubious this guys are
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Myer(m): 10:51am On Dec 31, 2021
Victoronah1:
the seller is not the one that deleted it but Jiji themselves. Why will they try such a thing. I freelance on some websites, you can never delete a client feedback, it's even a crime. I'm sure this has been happening. That website is a fraud on its own

Why delete a feedback, from a seller to save your image? The seller is not suspended and will never be.

According to the OP the seller was the one who committed the fraud, not Jiji.

So it's 2 ways they can address the situation;

1. Go after the seller with sactions.

2. The buyer can use Jiji and Jiji will find a way to see if all their guidelines were followed. If not,the buyer loses. If yes, Jiji is liable to pay for the damages.
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Prof0fficial: 1:42pm On Dec 31, 2021
You didn't use the right format for feedback:

You are supposed to narrate your transactions and dealings with the seller. And or his bad reactions towards the deal.
They deleted it because you used abusive words instead of explaining what happened
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 31, 2021
house agents on jiji are just frauds, na consultation fees them just deh find
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by FuckDModz: 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2021
Jumia deletes feedback too.

We need an independent feedback tool for all these platforms.

Something like TrustPilot.
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by FuckDModz: 6:08pm On Dec 31, 2021
Prof0fficial:

You are supposed to narrate your transactions and dealings with the seller. And or his bad reactions towards the deal.
They deleted it because you used abusive words instead of explaining what happened

They could simply censor the “abusive words” instead of setting other people up to be defrauded.

1 Like

Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Victoronah1: 6:45pm On Dec 31, 2021
FuckDModz:

They could simply censor the “abusive words” instead of setting other people up to be defrauded.
exactly, if I actually used anything offensive
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Victoronah1: 6:46pm On Dec 31, 2021
FuckDModz:

very good. I'll head over to trust pilot now and create an account for Jiji.
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Govocrete: 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2021
The
Kriss216:

They will collect caution fee, commitment feesss and inspection fees just to show you a dilapidated or gore house. The last agent that tried that bs with me 3 years ago, I almost strangled him. Foolish people!

I experienced these agent fees while in Lagos but being in Abuja for over 10yrs now, it's only the agency fee that is paid if you are renting the property.
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by fatymore(f): 11:20pm On Dec 31, 2021
Started Fabrics business this November. Got.like 2 or 3 orders from them though they all wanted payment on delivery.

We reached the ground and the deal was sealed.
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by JijiAfrica: 5:35pm On Jan 12, 2022
Dear valued customer,

My name is James, and I'm an official representative of Jiji Nigeria on Nairaland. First of all, I'd like to apologize for this situation and the stress it has caused you.

We believe that sharing and checking feedback about sellers is one of the most valuable features of our platform.
This is one of the best ways to ensure that the person you will deal with is reliable. Hence, we pride ourselves in checking all customer feedback and publishing them asap which is our golden rule.
However, we are also humans, which means we can make mistakes. That's why we always appreciate it when users share their experiences and help us to notice and fix our flaws.

We have done our investigation and found that unfortunately, one of our moderators indeed rejected your feedback by mistake.
We've fixed this, and your feedback is publicly available now.

If you face any issues with our platform, feel free to let us know about that by sending an email at support@ or a DM to any of our official social pages.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Sorry again for any inconvenience caused. We hope that this incident won't leave you with a bad feeling.
We'd be honored to remain your preferred platform for shopping and selling.

Victoronah1:

I attached images below.

Mynd44
OAm4j

3 Likes

Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by MJAyokunle: 8:03pm On Jan 12, 2022
Victoronah1:

I attached images below.

Mynd44
OAm4j

There’s an escrow platform that actually do checks and balances in transactions. You can check out their Instagram page @Tufuap
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Peachcake: 12:44am On Apr 12, 2022
My feedback was also deleted some days ago. WAS MY FEEDBACK ALSO DELETED BY MISTAKE?

I sent a feedback on a seller's page (Angelic Care Aid pharmacy-08072531760)who was asking me to pay for a drug i ordered for (26,000 naira) plus delivery fee before she can even continue conversation with me. I screen-grabbed where jiji clearly stated that "Do not pay in advance including for delivery" and sent to her but she was still insisting that she does "order, pay before delivery" which was against what jiji posted on their page.

I went to her page and gave a honest feedback advising people to be careful that she might be fraudulent (because i told the seller to share her location-Apo district of Abuja. She refused. I even told her that i live in Guzape and that i want to come and see the drug that i am paying for before we conclude business but she still refused)

So i reported the case to jiji support team and narrated my ordeal with the seller since 5th of this month, April 2022 and till now jiji never responded to any of my email.

I later went back to the seller's page the next day and saw that MY FEEDBACK HAS BEEN DELETED.

JIJI, WHY? NA WA O!

3 Likes

Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by Toma2: 11:25am On Apr 12, 2022
Prof0fficial:

They will still delete it.
When you pay for promotion ads, you have upper hands to delete any negative feedback..
Re: How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use by haslaw(m): 9:19pm On Apr 12, 2022
headbasher96:

Sense far from you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hemp Smokers Gang Rape Lady In Ekiti, Release Her Nude Photos And Video / Father kills a drunk driver that killed his 8yrs old son with a stone(photos) / SEE The Face Of The Man That Hacked Into A Nigerian Bank And Stole N1.87b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.