Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? (19333 Views)

How Do You Handle A Promiscuous Sister? / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by God1000(m): 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2021
I'm completely fed up with my neighbour that sees my munificence/beneficence as stupidity.

He screwed himself up due to his improvidence and gallivanting lifestyle, he's a pain in my neck right now.

He's married, his wife has been sharing my cooking gas with me for over three months now since his own was taken away as sequestration.

I'm a salary earner, he's a bike rider, but due to his unseriousness he doesn't have his own bike, dude is a drifter.

I'm thinking of leaving the place because this whole thing is insufferable, his wife isn't helping as well, maybe due to immaturity, all she does is cook, eat and play.
Frugality is one of my 2022 new year resolutions, I don't want anything or anyone to interfere with my life next year.

We both agreed to fill the gas together, but he doesn't contribute much, I end up spending twice than the usual amount before.

These people have benefited so much from me because they know I'm a cheerful giver, they collect almost everything from me including money, I really don't want spongers in my life next year.

I've advised him countless times to look for another alternative, but he's hard of hearing with his lackadaisical altitude.

My biggest concern right now is how to withdraw myself completely without causing enmity between us because we're really close, yesterday I put my cooking gas inside before going to work against the usual act of giving them everyday when I'm leaving for work. None of this shit will happen if I'm married, but I'm single.

Does withdrawing myself from them make me a bad person? This is a serious dilemma, I'm at my wit's end.

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by izito(m): 2:20pm On Dec 31, 2021
Broz this your English no make me understand wetin you dey talk

250 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by God1000(m): 2:22pm On Dec 31, 2021
izito:
lol, wetin you no understand bro sad?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 31, 2021
Is this how you communicate with them with big English? If yes, they will never understand you.

374 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by God1000(m): 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2021
Carchoice:
Is this how you communicate with them with big English? If yes, they will never understand you.
I'm in stitches bro cool, you guys are funny.

This is a serious issue, please help a brother.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by thorpido(m): 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2021
Wahala neighbor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by God1000(m): 2:42pm On Dec 31, 2021
thorpido:
Wahala neighbor.
I tell you bro, it's now unbearable
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by thorpido(m): 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
God1000:
I tell you bro, it's now unbearable
Well,due to exigencies, the husband's apathetic nature and the wife's unceremonious position,you have to ruminate and decide if being benignant is laudable at this stage or one considers towing the path of frugality and responsibility.

420 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by SportsHD: 3:14pm On Dec 31, 2021
Nuff' said.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Opeyemiextra(f): 3:16pm On Dec 31, 2021
These things are really not difficult. Speak with the husband himself and see how you can go from there. How do people get so close to their neighbors that they take such liberties as this?

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by oluwaseyi0: 3:24pm On Dec 31, 2021
Separate your things from theirs

Lock up your stuff and share nothing with them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Mariangeles(f): 3:25pm On Dec 31, 2021
God1000:
I'm in stitches bro cool, you guys are funny.

This is a serious issue, please help a brother.

You know what your problem is? You always want to be seen as a nice person, even at your own detriment.

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Mariangeles(f): 3:26pm On Dec 31, 2021
thorpido:
Well,due to exigencies, the husband's apathetic nature and the wife's unceremonious position,you have to ruminate and decide if being benignant is laudable at this stage or one considers towing the path of frugality and responsibility.
undecided

4 Likes

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by God1000(m): 3:35pm On Dec 31, 2021
Mariangeles:

You know what your problem is? You always want to be seen as a nice person, even at your own detriment.
exactly, and I'm seriously hurting because of that.

I've tried several times to change, but I couldn't.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by God1000(m): 3:35pm On Dec 31, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
Separate your things from theirs

Lock up your stuff and share nothing with them
thanks bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by God1000(m): 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
These things are really not difficult. Speak with the husband himself and see how you can go from there. How do people get so close to neighbors that they take such liberties?
I've already talked to him, he's not just serious about anything in life.

I don't know why God created me this way, to be kind to everyone

1 Like

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by God1000(m): 3:41pm On Dec 31, 2021
thorpido:
I agree wholeheartedly

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Uyi168: 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2021
izito:
epa just dy blow grammar anyhow.. grin

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Opeyemiextra(f): 4:36pm On Dec 31, 2021
God1000:
I've already talked to him, he's not just serious about anything in life.

I don't know why God created me this way, to be kind to everyone

Then you have to do the needful. But it's usually better when you have not opened this kind of door.

7 Likes

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by thorpido(m): 4:55pm On Dec 31, 2021
Mariangeles:

undecided
You won't be able to advise Op if you can't speak big english. wink

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by God1000(m): 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

Then you have to do the needful. But it's usually better when you have not opened this kind of door.
yeah the mistake has already been made, how to correct it without any animosity is my problem now.
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by God1000(m): 5:00pm On Dec 31, 2021
thorpido:
You won't be able to advise Op if you can't speak big english. wink
lol you are really funny bro lipsrsealed, she has given me her own good advice.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2021
God1000:
My biggest concern right now is how to withdraw myself completely without causing enmity between us because we're really close, yesterday I put my cooking gas inside before going to work against the usual act of giving them everyday when I'm leaving for work. None of this shit will happen if I'm married, but I'm single.

Does withdrawing myself from them make me a bad person? This is a serious dilemma, I'm at my wit's end.
You are not ready to stop the abuse of you by your neighbors. undecided

When you are, there will be no need for long story. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Ishilove: 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2021
thorpido:

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by slawormiir: 6:46pm On Dec 31, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Ogbeni op

This is the period of festivals and celebrations

2 Likes

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Omniman(m): 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2021
Yo need to grow some balls... wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by GodIsBiafran: 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2021
Low self-esteem is the major problem of Ghanaian artists. This is why they will never grow.

If you don't have self-confidence, you can never survive the music game. The music game is not for weak a-$$ sissies who want someone else to push their music for them. For example, have you ever seen Rema begging Wizkid or Burna to push his music? Did FireboyDML cry when Wizkid did not invite him to O2 arena? Instead Fireboy hustled to get Ed Sheeran to feature in his music. Do you see Arya Starr crying that Tiwa and TEMs are not pushing her music? Rather she is focused, releasing hits after hits. Even portable is all over Lagos pushing his craft without giving a fvck what people think. Nigerians are built different. We believe in ourselves. That is why you will never see a Ghanaian in the MMA. Meanwhile Kamaru and Israel are top dogs there. Any endeavor that requires strong-will and individual self belief, Nigerians will ALWAYS surpass you. Ghana go and sleep. Not in this life. Maybe in another life you can compete with Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by Ausval: 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2021
With this your grammar you nor suppose to dey share house with okada man

Share for English

Like for Money

37 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by iCauseTrouble: 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2021
sad
Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by datopaper(m): 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2021
Boda is nice, apa no pe be. My advice: you are a good shepherd. Continue refill your gas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? by gurunlocker: 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2021
End of the year best student in English is here grin grin grin

34 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Handle A Stubborn Kid? / He/she Is 'just A Friend'.12 Signs Of An Emotional Infidelity / How Dramatic Is Your Mum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.