Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) (13943 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:50am On Mar 08, 2022
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 8TH MARCH, 2022
*THEME:* A CALL FOR SPIRITUAL GROWTH AND MATURITY
*TEXT:* HEBREWS 5:11- 6:12

*BIBLE READING:* {NIV}

11. We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand.
12. In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!
13. Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness.
14. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

_*Hebrews 6: 1-12*_
1. Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,
2. Instruction about cleansing rites, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.
3. And God permitting, we will do so.
4. It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit,
5. Who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age
6. And who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
7. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
8. But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned.
9. Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are convinced of better things in your case—the things that have to do with salvation.
10. God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.
11. We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized.
12. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

In our passage today, the writer rebukes the Jewish Christians for being too slow to learn, spiritually immature and unable to teach others (vv 11-13). Being unskilled in the word portends a danger of being unable to distinguish between truth and errors of doctrine and this could be a pathway to backsliding and apostasy. The devastating nature of apostasy is fully described in Chapter 6:4-6 thus, it is difficult to restore anyone who has known Christ, enjoyed the fellowship of the Holy spirit and falls out of faith. However, the writer assures his readers that they are not of the nature of the apostates (6:9), so in order to make their calling and election sure, they must remain diligent to the faith unto the very end (6:11 -12).

Our study shows that no Christian should be stagnant; we need to mature and grow in faith. An unproductive Christian is in danger of being an apostate, crucifying Christ all over again. We need to deepen our knowledge of God by studying His word, praying always, having fellowship with one another and living a productive Christian life.

*PRAYER:*
Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your Word today. Grant me grace for spiritual growth and maturity in Jesus' name. *Amen.*

Credits: Daily Fountain devotional

NOTE: Click and like my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Rental income Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:19am On Mar 09, 2022
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2022-03-09

✝�TOPIC: THE CERTAINTY OF GOD’S PROMISES

✝�TEXT: Hebrews 6:13-20 (NKJV)

13. For when God made a promise to Abraham, because He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself,
14. saying, "Surely blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply you."
15. And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.
16. For men indeed swear by the greater, and an oath for confirmation [is] for them an end of all dispute.
17. Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed [it] by an oath,
18. that by two immutable things, in which it [is] impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before [us.]
19. This [hope] we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence [behind] the veil,
20. where the forerunner has entered for us, [even] Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.

✝�STUDY: In our passage today we see that God is faithful to keep His promises. He fulfilled His promises to Abraham to bless and multiply his seed (Gen. 12.1-3) He also promised the children of Israel that He would settle them in the land of Canaan, and He did (Josh. 21.45). God is true to His word. He sealed His promises to Abraham with an oath in own His name (v.13); His promises therefore are unchanging and trustworthy because He can never lie (vv. 17-18).

We are encouraged to wait for God’s timing even when our desires seem too urgent to wait any longer. Learn to wait on him because He does not fail. The fulfilment of God’s promises does not depend on our attitude but on His love and faithfulness. Our hope is in Jesus, who is our anchor in this turbulent world.

�✝ PRAYER: Almighty God, help me to ensure my anchor in Christ holds in the storms of life. Amen.

NOTE: Click and like my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Rental income Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:50am On Mar 10, 2022
Date: 2022-03-10

✝�TOPIC: THE PRIESTHOOD OF CHRIST AND MELCHIZEDEK

✝�TEXT: Hebrews 7:1-10(NKJV)

1. For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,
2. to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated "king of righteousness," and then also king of Salem, meaning "king of peace,"
3. without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.
4. Now consider how great this man [was,] to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils.
5. And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham;
6. but he whose genealogy is not derived from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises.
7. Now beyond all contradiction the lesser is blessed by the better.
8. Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he [receives them,] of whom it is witnessed that he lives.
9. Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak,
10. for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.

✝�STUDY: The inspiration for the writing of the epistle to the Hebrews was to redirect the minds of the Jewish Christians to see Christ Jesus as all-in-all. Due to their persecution and suffering, many of them began to doubt the truth of the gospel and the New Covenant.

They sought to return to Judaism to follow the religion of Abraham and Levi their forebearers. Since the Jewish Christians prided in the fatherhood of Abraham and perfect priesthood of Levi, his descendant, our text today traced the Genesis account of the encounter between Abraham and Melchizedek to reposition their minds. Both Abraham and Levi were mortal men and limited in age but Melchizedek was both King of peace (Salem) and of righteousness and the Priest of God forever (Heb. 7:1-3) – a typology of Jesus Christ.The author made an important attempt to correct the erroneous beliefs that could hinder spiritual growth and maturity of Jewish Christians. Church leaders and teachers should in the same manner, use Scriptures to clear doubts about customs and traditions in young converts.

The text helps us understand that the Old Testament institution of priesthood which Melchizedek represents is a shadow of things fulfilled by Jesus in the New covenant. Let us therefore not be obsessed with any age-long tradition but focus on Jesus who is above all.

✝� PRAYER: Father, thank you for your word which gives understanding into all that is true. Give me the divine ability to understand and interpret Scriptures rightly.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:38am On Mar 11, 2022
THE DAILY FOUNTAIN
DAILY DEVOTIONAL OF THE
CHURCH OF NIGERIA (ANGLICAN COMMUNION)
DATE: FRIDAY, MARCH 11, 2022
TOPIC: JESUS CHRIST OUR SUPERIOR HIGH PRIEST
READ: HEBREWS 7:11-28 (NKJV)

11. Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need [was there] that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
12. For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
13. For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.
14. For [it is] evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.
15. And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest
16. who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.
17. For He testifies: "You [are] a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek."
18. For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19. for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, [there is the] bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
20. And inasmuch as [He was] not [made priest] without an oath
21. (for they have become priests without an oath, but He with an oath by Him who said to Him: "The LORD has sworn And will not relent, 'You [are] a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek' "wink,
22. by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.
23. Also there were many priests, because they were prevented by death from continuing.
24. But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood.
25. Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
26. For such a High Priest was fitting for us, [who is] holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens;
27. who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people's, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.
28. For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, [appoints] the Son who has been perfected forever.

THE MESSAGE:

In our text today, the Scripture makes it clear that only the priesthood of Jesus guarantees perfection because it is superior to that of the Levitical order. Since the Levitical order, with all the sacrificial practices, could not guarantee human forgiveness and salvation, Jesus Christ became our High Priest, in the order of Melchizedek (Psalm 110:4). Animal sacrifices were therefore abolished because He became both the priest and sacrificial lamb, for total forgiveness and salvation of mankind.

As our High Priest, Christ is the advocate and the mediator: He gives us direct access to God. There is no other substitute for Christ. He is the guarantee of a better covenant. Through Him we were saved. Christ’s continuous presence in heaven with the Father assures us that our sins have been paid for and forgiven (Romans 8:33). The wonderful assurance frees us from guilt and fear. Let us therefore draw near to Him daily through prayers, worship and study of His Word.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, we acknowledge Your everlasting priesthood and come to You in reverence today. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:58am On Mar 12, 2022
Date: 2022-03-12

✝�TOPIC: JESUS CHRIST: A NEW AND BETTER COVENANT

✝�TEXT: Hebrews 8:1-13 (NKJV)

1. Now [this is] the main point of the things we are saying: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,
2. a Minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord erected, and not man.
3. For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices. Therefore [it is] necessary that this One also have something to offer.
4. For if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law;
5. who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For He said, "See [that] you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain."
6. But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
7. For if that first [covenant] had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
8. Because finding fault with them, He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah --
9. "not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the LORD.
10. "For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
11. "None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.
12. "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more."
13. In that He says, "A new [covenant,"] He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

✝�STUDY: Our text today is a description of the Lord Jesus Christ as our High Priest of the New Covenant. The writer shows the difference between the Old Mosaic Covenant and the New Messianic Covenant. The Old was a shadow of the New. The priesthood was of the tribe of Levi and they made daily sacrifices for the remission of sins. In the New Covenant, the priesthood is of Jesus Christ who made by His one oblation of Himself, once offered, a full, perfect and sufficient sacrifice, oblation and satisfaction for the sins of the whole world. He is now seated at the right hand of the Father is our Intercessor. The church today is the spiritual Israel and the New covenant promises therefore belong to the body of Christ (Eph. 2:11-22). The features of the new Covenant are no longer external laws but laws written on our hearts and in our minds by the Spirit of God who reminds us of them. Just as Moses built the tabernacle according to the pattern given to him by God, we should also build our lives according to the teachings on Christ.

✝� PRAYER: Heavenly Father, thank you that through the blood of Jesus we have a new and better covenant. Help me to live my life as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to you. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:50am On Mar 13, 2022
Date: 2022-03-13
2nd Sunday in Lent

✝�TOPIC: COMFORT FROM ABOVE

✝�TEXT: Isaiah 51: 1-11(NKJV)
1. "Listen to Me, you who follow after righteousness, You who seek the LORD: Look to the rock [from which] you were hewn, And to the hole of the pit [from which] you were dug.
2. Look to Abraham your father, And to Sarah [who] bore you; For I called him alone, And blessed him and increased him."
3. For the LORD will comfort Zion, He will comfort all her waste places; He will make her wilderness like Eden, And her desert like the garden of the LORD; Joy and gladness will be found in it, Thanksgiving and the voice of melody.
4. " Listen to Me, My people; And give ear to Me, O My nation: For law will proceed from Me, And I will make My justice rest As a light of the peoples.
5. My righteousness [is] near, My salvation has gone forth, And My arms will judge the peoples; The coastlands will wait upon Me, And on My arm they will trust.
6. Lift up your eyes to the heavens, And look on the earth beneath. For the heavens will vanish away like smoke, The earth will grow old like a garment, And those who dwell in it will die in like manner; But My salvation will be forever, And My righteousness will not be abolished.
7. " Listen to Me, you who know righteousness, You people in whose heart [is] My law: Do not fear the reproach of men, Nor be afraid of their insults.
8. For the moth will eat them up like a garment, And the worm will eat them like wool; But My righteousness will be forever, And My salvation from generation to generation."
9. Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD! Awake as in the ancient days, In the generations of old. [Are] You not [the arm] that cut Rahab apart, [And] wounded the serpent?
10. [Are] You not [the One] who dried up the sea, The waters of the great deep; That made the depths of the sea a road For the redeemed to cross over?
11. So the ransomed of the LORD shall return, And come to Zion with singing, With everlasting joy on their heads. They shall obtain joy and gladness; Sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

✝�STUDY: Isaiah is the Lord’s ‘comforting’ words to the discouraged people of Judah exiled in Babylon. In our text today, God drew the attention of the weary exiled to the life of their patriarch, Abraham and Sarah, to whom He made and fulfilled His promises (Gen. 12:1-3; Josh. 21:45). In Judah, it would appear that mercy had forsaken the righteous and the prospect of salvation seemed a distant mirage.

In verses 7-8, Isaiah tells them not to fear, knowing that the Lord would surely comfort His people. God comforted Judah and reassured them of His imminent salvation though they suffered in the hands of mere humans (vv. 3,5&7). He promised to return them to Jerusalem with singing, joy and gladness. Their sorrow and sighing would be no more (v.11). You may be going through difficult times now, however be comforted and encouraged when you remember the works of God (Ps. 46.1; 2 Cor. 1:3). Hold on to God, there is the sound of abundance of rain, comfort is coming.

✝� PRAYER: Dear God of all comfort, I rely on you today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:15am On Mar 14, 2022
Date: 2022-03-14

✝�TOPIC: STAND FOR JESUS

✝�TEXT: John 9:18-41 (NKJV)

18. But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind and received his sight, until they called the parents of him who had received his sight.
19. And they asked them, saying, "Is this your son, who you say was born blind? How then does he now see?"
20. His parents answered them and said, "We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind;
21. "but by what means he now sees we do not know, or who opened his eyes we do not know. He is of age; ask him. He will speak for himself."
22. His parents said these [things] because they feared the Jews, for the Jews had agreed already that if anyone confessed [that] He [was] Christ, he would be put out of the synagogue.
23. Therefore his parents said, "He is of age; ask him."
24. So they again called the man who was blind, and said to him, "Give God the glory! We know that this Man is a sinner."
25. He answered and said, "Whether He is a sinner [or not] I do not know. One thing I know: that though I was blind, now I see."
26. Then they said to him again, "What did He do to you? How did He open your eyes?"
27. He answered them, "I told you already, and you did not listen. Why do you want to hear [it] again? Do you also want to become His disciples?"
28. Then they reviled him and said, "You are His disciple, but we are Moses' disciples.
29. "We know that God spoke to Moses; [as for] this [fellow,] we do not know where He is from."
30. The man answered and said to them, "Why, this is a marvelous thing, that you do not know where He is from; yet He has opened my eyes!
31. "Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.
32. "Since the world began it has been unheard of that anyone opened the eyes of one who was born blind.
33. "If this Man were not from God, He could do nothing."
34. They answered and said to him, "You were completely born in sins, and are you teaching us?" And they cast him out.
35. Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said to him, "Do you believe in the Son of God?"
36. He answered and said, "Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?"
37. And Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking with you."
38. Then he said, "Lord, I believe!" And he worshiped Him.
39. And Jesus said, "For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind."
40. Then [some] of the Pharisees who were with Him heard these words, and said to Him, "Are we blind also?"
41. Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, 'We see.' Therefore your sin remains.

✝�STUDY: The Pharisees had a deep-rooted hatred for Jesus because His way of life exposed their oppressive and hypocritical exercise of authority over the people. When Jesus healed the blind man, the Pharisees tried to discredit the miracle. They called on the man and his parents to upturn the truth. Their resort to cross-examination was an effort to find some contradictions in the man’s testimony. The man was eventually thrown out of their Synagogue for his boldness.

When Jesus found him outside, it became an opportunity for him to truly find Jesus in his own life. Many have been thrown out of churches and homes for standing for Jesus. It is encouraging to note that some have returned to become genuine cornerstones of their churches and homes. Persecutions will come when you follow Jesus. You may lose jobs and friends; and even your life. But no one can take away your faith and the joy of knowing Jesus (Matt. 10:16-26). Take heart, be of good cheer, Jesus has overcome the world (John 16.33).

✝� PRAYER: O Lord, grant me grace to stand firm for you in all situations. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:05am On Mar 15, 2022
Date: 2022-03-15

✝�TOPIC: JESUS, THE DOOR OF SALVATION

✝�TEXT: John 10:1-10 (NKJV)

1. "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2. "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3. "To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4. "And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
5. "Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
6. Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.
7. Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8. "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9. "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
10. "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have [it] more abundantly.

✝�STUDY: A story is told about an event during World War I. Some Turkish soldiers tried to steal a flock of sheep from a hillside near Jerusalem. The shepherd, who had been sleeping woke up to find his flock being driven off. He could not recapture them by force, so he called out his flock with his distinctive call. The sheep heard, and returned to their owner. The soldiers could not stop them from returning.

In our text today, Jesus proclaimed himself the Good Shepherd. He is the only one that the sheep hears His voice, for He calls them by name and leads them to sweet pastures. Jesus also declared Himself the Door to the Sheep pen. Those who enter through Him find rest for their souls. Peter affirmed that salvation can only be received through him (Acts 4:12; John 14:6). There are also bad shepherds, who come to steal and lead the flock astray (Isa. 56.9-12; Ezek. 34.8, 23).As the Door, Jesus delivers sinners from bondage and leads them into freedom. When you go through “the Door”, you are guaranteed salvation, safety and abundant life in Him. In order not to be misled, we must learn to distinguish the voice of the Good Shepherd from that of strangers - thieves, and robbers. We must allow ourselves to be led by the Holy Spirit always.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, please give me the grace to discern your voice from all other voices.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:48am On Mar 16, 2022
Date: 2022-03-16

✝�TOPIC: JESUS CHRIST, THE GOOD SHEPHERD

✝�TEXT: John 10:11-21(NKJV)

11. "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
12. "But a hireling, [he who is] not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them.
13. "The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.
14. "I am the good shepherd; and I know My [sheep,] and am known by My own.
15. "As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
16. "And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock [and] one shepherd.
17. "Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again.
18. "No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
19. Therefore there was a division again among the Jews because of these sayings.
20. And many of them said, "He has a demon and is mad. Why do you listen to Him?"
21. Others said, "These are not the words of one who has a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?"

✝�STUDY: In John’s gospel account, John often describe Jesus with metaphorical terms in order to drive home his point about the divinity of Jesus. Here in chapter 10, Jesus is described as the Good Shepherd (cf. Psalm 23).

This metaphor simply describes Jesus as one who is ready to protect, provide and guide his sheep. John states, “The good shepherd gives his life for the sheep” (v.11). The good shepherd protects his sheep from all kinds of predators, unlike the hireling who would leave the sheep and run for his life. The Good Shepherd also calls other sheep that have gone astray into the fold in order for them to be united as one flock with one shepherd. Every committed Christian is a leader and a shepherd, and thus has the responsibility to care for all. In this era though, we often encounter leaders who would rather lord it over the flock and consume them rather than care for them. As we step out today, let us be assured we are under the watchful care of Jesus - the good shepherd - who will never leave nor forsake us. On our own part, we have the responsibility to care for members of our family, church and society at large.

✝� PRAYER: Lord Jesus, we thank you for Your constant love and care for us. Please give us the right attitude for the care and responsibilities of those entrusted to us.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:53am On Mar 17, 2022

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 17TH MARCH, 2022
*THEME:* DO NOT DOUBT
*TEXT:* JOHN 10:22-42

22. Then came the Festival of Dedication[a] at Jerusalem. It was winter,
23. And Jesus was in the temple courts walking in Solomon’s Colonnade.
24. The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”
25. Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me,
26. But you do not believe because you are not my sheep.
27. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
28. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
29. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[b]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.
30. I and the Father are one.”
31. Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him,
32. But Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”
33. “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
34. Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[c]?
35. If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside—
36. What about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?
37. Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father.
38. But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”
39. Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.
40. Then Jesus went back across the Jordan to the place where John had been baptizing in the early days. There he stayed,
41. and many people came to him. They said, “Though John never performed a sign, all that John said about this man was true.”
42. And in that place many believed in Jesus.

The Jews doubted the deity of Jesus Christ and were always looking for an opportunity to accuse Him of blasphemy. Jesus eventually stated clearly in verse 30, "I and my Father are one." This aggravated the Jews because they believed there is only one God, and they wanted to stone Him because He equated Himself with God. But they never genuinely wanted to come to terms with the mission and ministry of Jesus Christ, because of their beclouded minds (2 Cor. 4:4). Several times, the devil can also fill our minds with doubts about God and our relationship with Jesus to keep us from acknowledging His reality and will for our lives.

Elijah asked the people of Israel in 1 Kings 18:21, "How long will you falter between two opinions?" As a Christian, how much do you accept the truth of the gospel? Jesus tried to clear the doubts of the Jews by stating categorically; "I Am the Son of God." Let us clear our minds of every doubts about God and accept the lordship of Jesus Christ.

Lord Jesus, I believe You and the Father are one. I resist every doubt that may arise in my heart by Your grace and mercy, in Jesus' name. _*Amen.*_

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:47am On Mar 18, 2022

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 18TH MARCH, 2022
*THEME:* DELAY IS NEVER DENIAL
*TEXT:* JOHN 11:1-17

1. Now a man named Lazarus was sick. He was from Bethany, the village of Mary and her sister Martha.

2. (This Mary, whose brother Lazarus now lay sick, was the same one who poured perfume on the Lord and wiped his feet with her hair.)
3. So the sisters sent word to Jesus, “Lord, the one you love is sick.”
4. When he heard this, Jesus said, “This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.”
5. Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus.
6. So when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed where he was two more days,
7. And then he said to his disciples, “Let us go back to Judea.”
8. “But Rabbi,” they said, “a short while ago the Jews there tried to stone you, and yet you are going back?”
9. Jesus answered, “Are there not twelve hours of daylight? Anyone who walks in the daytime will not stumble, for they see by this world’s light.
10. It is when a person walks at night that they stumble, for they have no light.”
11. After he had said this, he went on to tell them, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up.”
12. His disciples replied, “Lord, if he sleeps, he will get better.”
13. Jesus had been speaking of his death, but his disciples thought he meant natural sleep.
14. So then he told them plainly, “Lazarus is dead,
15. And for your sake I am glad I was not there, so that you may believe. But let us go to him.”
16. Then Thomas (also known as Didymus) said to the rest of the disciples, “Let us also go, that we may die with him.”
17. On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four days.

The text today tells us the story of Lazarus and his sisters, Mary and Martha. It further describes that Jesus loved all three of them. Unfortunately, He received news that Lazarus was sick. However, Jesus deliberately stayed two days more and we learn that Lazarus eventually 'slept' (v. 11). It was at that point Jesus now decided to go visit Lazarus to wake him up. One would wonder why Jesus would deliberately stay back two extra days knowing that Lazarus would die. Jesus' response when He got the news gives us an assurance, "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God...". Though He delayed two days, Jesus was going to turn that terrible situation to the glory of God.

As Christians, we often feel God is not quick to answer some prayers. We easily look for other alternatives if God does not respond immediately. We forget that God can turn every situation around to glorify His name and to bring us more blessings. We should continually hold on to God's unchanging grace, even when things seem so bad. He will surely use you to glorify His name to those around you.

Lord Jesus, I rest on Your unchanging grace, Help me to keep looking unto You in every situation as the author and finisher of my faith. _*Amen.*_

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:44am On Mar 19, 2022
Date: 2022-03-19
_Joseph of Nazareth_

✝�TOPIC: THE WILLING AND AVAILABLE VESSEL

✝�TEXT: Matthew 1:18-25(NKJV)

18. Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.
19. Then Joseph her husband, being a just [man,] and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly.
20. But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
21. "And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins."
22. So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying:
23. "Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us."
24. Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife,
25. and did not know her till she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name JESUS.

✝�STUDY: The birth of Jesus had long been prophesied since the time of Prophet Isaiah (Isa. 9:6-7). Now it was time for the long-awaited Messiah to be born; God chose the virgin Mary to be the vessel to carry divinity. In a world of tainted values, Mary distinguished herself and became a vessel of honour unto God - a lesson to young ladies today. The story also brought up a challenge of integrity on the part of Joseph. The Bible describes him as “a just man,” but the pregnant state of his betrothed wife raised a difficult social and psychological trauma for him.

The popular and acceptable option in Jewish custom was to put her away publicly and allow her to be stoned for whoredom. God intervened on her behalf and helped him realise that the child was conceived by the Holy Spirit. Joseph chose to bear the shame of being ridiculed instead of her being publicly disgraced.God desires to use everyone one of us in different ways to fulfil His purposes here on earth. But will you be like Mary and Joseph, who were willing and available in spite of fear of public disgrace? Is there any area God is calling you for His use? Submit yourself to Him and you will be blessed..

✝� PRAYER: Lord Jesus, here I am Lord, use me for your glory. I am willing and available.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:06am On Mar 21, 2022

*DATE:* MONDAY, 21ST MARCH, 2022
*THEME:* THE FINGER OF GOD _*(Second and Third Plagues in Egypt )*_
*TEXT:* EXODUS 8:1-19

1. Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go to Pharaoh and say to him, ‘This is what the Lord says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me.
2. If you refuse to let them go, I will send a plague of frogs on your whole country.
3. The Nile will teem with frogs. They will come up into your palace and your bedroom and onto your bed, into the houses of your officials and on your people, and into your ovens and kneading troughs.
4. The frogs will come up on you and your people and all your officials.’”
5. Then the Lord said to Moses, “Tell Aaron, ‘Stretch out your hand with your staff over the streams and canals and ponds, and make frogs come up on the land of Egypt.’”
6. So Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt, and the frogs came up and covered the land.
7. But the magicians did the same things by their secret arts; they also made frogs come up on the land of Egypt.
8. Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron and said, “Pray to the Lord to take the frogs away from me and my people, and I will let your people go to offer sacrifices to the Lord.”
9. Moses said to Pharaoh, “I leave to you the honor of setting the time for me to pray for you and your officials and your people that you and your houses may be rid of the frogs, except for those that remain in the Nile.”
10. “Tomorrow,” Pharaoh said.
Moses replied, “It will be as you say, so that you may know there is no one like the Lord our God.
11. The frogs will leave you and your houses, your officials and your people; they will remain only in the Nile.”
12. After Moses and Aaron left Pharaoh, Moses cried out to the Lord about the frogs he had brought on Pharaoh.
13. And the Lord did what Moses asked. The frogs died in the houses, in the courtyards and in the fields.
14. They were piled into heaps, and the land reeked of them.
15. But when Pharaoh saw that there was relief, he hardened his heart and would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the Lord had said.

_*The Plague of Gnats*_
16. Then the Lord said to Moses, “Tell Aaron, ‘Stretch out your staff and strike the dust of the ground,’ and throughout the land of Egypt the dust will become gnats.”
17. They did this, and when Aaron stretched out his hand with the staff and struck the dust of the ground, gnats came on people and animals. All the dust throughout the land of Egypt became gnats.
18. But when the magicians tried to produce gnats by their secret arts, they could not.
Since the gnats were on people and animals everywhere,
19. The magicians said to Pharaoh, “This is the finger of God.” But Pharaoh’s heart was hard and he would not listen, just as the Lord had said.

God called Moses to be the deliverer of the Israelites from the captivity in Egypt and performed His mighty acts through him in line with His promise in Exodus 4:17. Starting from Chapter 7 of Exodus, we see God inflicting Pharoah and the Egyptians with a series of plagues, 10 in all. Our concern today is the second and third plagues. Pharaoh's magicians were able to copy the plague of frogs which made him disbelieve Moses and as a result, became hardened. However, when the plague of lice was sent from the dust of the earth, the magicians were handicapped, and then exclaimed, 'This is the finger of God!'

Some people in power equate themselves with God just as Pharoah did. However, they are finite and limited. We need to humble ourselves under God's mighty hand and acknowledge that God is supreme over all the affairs of men. The finger of God makes the difference in the lives of those who believe in Him.

O Lord, may Your finger rest upon me today and make a difference in my life in Jesus mighty name I pray. *Amen.*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:17am On Mar 22, 2022
Date: 2022-03-22

✝�TOPIC: DIVINE DISTINCTION (FOURTH PLAGUE)

✝�TEXT: Exodus 8:20-32 (NKJV)

20. And the LORD said to Moses, "Rise early in the morning and stand before Pharaoh as he comes out to the water. Then say to him, 'Thus says the LORD: "Let My people go, that they may serve Me.
21. "Or else, if you will not let My people go, behold, I will send swarms [of flies] on you and your servants, on your people and into your houses. The houses of the Egyptians shall be full of swarms [of flies,] and also the ground on which they [stand.]
22. "And in that day I will set apart the land of Goshen, in which My people dwell, that no swarms [of flies] shall be there, in order that you may know that I [am] the LORD in the midst of the land.
23. "I will make a difference between My people and your people. Tomorrow this sign shall be." ' "
24. And the LORD did so. Thick swarms [of flies] came into the house of Pharaoh, [into] his servants' houses, and into all the land of Egypt. The land was corrupted because of the swarms [of flies.]
25. Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron, and said, "Go, sacrifice to your God in the land."
26. And Moses said, "It is not right to do so, for we would be sacrificing the abomination of the Egyptians to the LORD our God. If we sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians before their eyes, then will they not stone us?
27. "We will go three days' journey into the wilderness and sacrifice to the LORD our God as He will command us."
28. And Pharaoh said, "I will let you go, that you may sacrifice to the LORD your God in the wilderness; only you shall not go very far away. Intercede for me."
29. Then Moses said, "Indeed I am going out from you, and I will entreat the LORD, that the swarms [of flies] may depart tomorrow from Pharaoh, from his servants, and from his people. But let Pharaoh not deal deceitfully anymore in not letting the people go to sacrifice to the LORD."
30. So Moses went out from Pharaoh and entreated the LORD.
31. And the LORD did according to the word of Moses; He removed the swarms [of flies] from Pharaoh, from his servants, and from his people. Not one remained.
32. But Pharaoh hardened his heart at this time also; neither would he let the people go.

✝�STUDY: We have seen from the preceding verses that Pharaoh is a symbol of the world’s ungodly system and Egypt represents the enemies of the Lord (Ezek. 29:1-6). God clearly specified His message to Pharaoh on what He wanted from him, and what would happen if he disobeyed.

In spite of the plagues of frogs and lice, Pharoah still would not let the Israelites leave Egypt. Twice Moses had pleaded with God to remove the plagues, yet Pharoah went back on his promise to release the children of Israel. So God sent a fourth plague of flies all over the land of Egypt.

The exclusion of the Israelites from the plagues was the most remarkable aspect that showed the Sovereignty of God - He is capable of protecting His people in times of trouble, which the gods of Egypt could not guarantee. Both in heaven and on earth, God separates the righteous from the wicked (Matt. 25.32). We should learn from this passage not to be hardened to the promptings of God, as Pharoah did. There are many signs and wonderful works God has done in and around us, and yet many decide to live in unbelief. No matter how Christians try to evangelise, many still remain adamant. A hardened heart is the devil's playground. We should also learn from Moses to keep following God's mandate by ministering and showing forth the wonderful works God does around us.

✝� PRAYER: Heavenly Father, deliver me from hardness of heart and contempt for your Word.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:55am On Mar 23, 2022
Date: 2022-03-23

✝�TOPIC: CONSEQUENCES OF STUBBORNNESS (5TH-7TH PLAGUES)

✝�TEXT: Exodus 9:1-24 (NKJV)

1. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go in to Pharaoh and tell him, 'Thus says the LORD God of the Hebrews: "Let My people go, that they may serve Me.
2. "For if you refuse to let [them] go, and still hold them,
3. "behold, the hand of the LORD will be on your cattle in the field, on the horses, on the donkeys, on the camels, on the oxen, and on the sheep -- a very severe pestilence.
4. "And the LORD will make a difference between the livestock of Israel and the livestock of Egypt. So nothing shall die of all [that] belongs to the children of Israel." ' "
5. Then the LORD appointed a set time, saying, "Tomorrow the LORD will do this thing in the land."
6. So the LORD did this thing on the next day, and all the livestock of Egypt died; but of the livestock of the children of Israel, not one died.
7. Then Pharaoh sent, and indeed, not even one of the livestock of the Israelites was dead. But the heart of Pharaoh became hard, and he did not let the people go.
8. So the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "Take for yourselves handfuls of ashes from a furnace, and let Moses scatter it toward the heavens in the sight of Pharaoh.
9. "And it will become fine dust in all the land of Egypt, and it will cause boils that break out in sores on man and beast throughout all the land of Egypt."
10. Then they took ashes from the furnace and stood before Pharaoh, and Moses scattered [them] toward heaven. And [they] caused boils that break out in sores on man and beast.
11. And the magicians could not stand before Moses because of the boils, for the boils were on the magicians and on all the Egyptians.
12. But the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh; and he did not heed them, just as the LORD had spoken to Moses.
13. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Rise early in the morning and stand before Pharaoh, and say to him, 'Thus says the LORD God of the Hebrews: "Let My people go, that they may serve Me,
14. "for at this time I will send all My plagues to your very heart, and on your servants and on your people, that you may know that [there is] none like Me in all the earth.
15. "Now if I had stretched out My hand and struck you and your people with pestilence, then you would have been cut off from the earth.
16. "But indeed for this [purpose] I have raised you up, that I may show My power [in] you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.
17. "As yet you exalt yourself against My people in that you will not let them go.
18. "Behold, tomorrow about this time I will cause very heavy hail to rain down, such as has not been in Egypt since its founding until now.
19. "Therefore send now [and] gather your livestock and all that you have in the field, for the hail shall come down on every man and every animal which is found in the field and is not brought home; and they shall die." ' "
20. He who feared the word of the LORD among the servants of Pharaoh made his servants and his livestock flee to the houses.
21. But he who did not regard the word of the LORD left his servants and his livestock in the field.
22. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Stretch out your hand toward heaven, that there may be hail in all the land of Egypt -- on man, on beast, and on every herb of the field, throughout the land of Egypt."
23. And Moses stretched out his rod toward heaven; and the LORD sent thunder and hail, and fire darted to the ground. And the LORD rained hail on the land of Egypt.
24. So there was hail, and fire mingled with the hail, so very heavy that there was none like it in all the land of Egypt since it became a nation.

✝�STUDY: This chapter contains the account of the fifth, sixth and seventh plagues - death of livestock as well as boils and hailstorm, that came upon the land of Egypt because Pharaoh was hard-hearted. The consequence was a colossal loss of livestock, poor health and the destruction of plants and other things by hailstorm. In all these, God spared the children of Israel resident at Goshen.

Though the destruction seemed to have humbled Pharaoh which made him beseech Moses to entreat the Lord for mercy, acknowledging that “my people and I are wicked” (vv. 27-28), when Moses entreated God, Pharaoh soon returned to his hardness of heart. Oftentimes pride and stubbornness leads to decisions that steep a group, community or nation into avoidable losses. Similar situations play out in some nations where the leaders do not heed to godly advice. To those who heed God’s Word, there is assurance of His protection in all circumstances. God will continue to shield you and your loved ones from every form of disaster and pestilence.

✝� PRAYER: Merciful Father, help me to be humble and sensitive to your instructions in Jesus’ name Amen

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:13am On Mar 24, 2022

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 24TH MARCH, 2022
*THEME:* HUMBLE YOURSELF BEFORE GOD
*TEXT:* EXODUS 10

1. Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the hearts of his officials so that I may perform these signs of mine among them
2. That you may tell your children and grandchildren how I dealt harshly with the Egyptians and how I performed my signs among them, and that you may know that I am the Lord.”
3. So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said to him, “This is what the Lord, the God of the Hebrews, says: ‘How long will you refuse to humble yourself before me? Let my people go, so that they may worship me.
4. If you refuse to let them go, I will bring locusts into your country tomorrow.
5. They will cover the face of the ground so that it cannot be seen. They will devour what little you have left after the hail, including every tree that is growing in your fields.
6. They will fill your houses and those of all your officials and all the Egyptians—something neither your parents nor your ancestors have ever seen from the day they settled in this land till now.’” Then Moses turned and left Pharaoh.
7. Pharaoh’s officials said to him, “How long will this man be a snare to us? Let the people go, so that they may worship the Lord their God. Do you not yet realize that Egypt is ruined?”
8. Then Moses and Aaron were brought back to Pharaoh. “Go, worship the Lord your God,” he said. “But tell me who will be going.”
9. Moses answered, “We will go with our young and our old, with our sons and our daughters, and with our flocks and herds, because we are to celebrate a festival to the Lord.”
10. Pharaoh said, “The Lord be with you—if I let you go, along with your women and children! Clearly you are bent on evil.
11. No! Have only the men go and worship the Lord, since that’s what you have been asking for.” Then Moses and Aaron were driven out of Pharaoh’s presence.
12. And the Lord said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand over Egypt so that locusts swarm over the land and devour everything growing in the fields, everything left by the hail.”
13. So Moses stretched out his staff over Egypt, and the Lord made an east wind blow across the land all that day and all that night. By morning the wind had brought the locusts;
14. They invaded all Egypt and settled down in every area of the country in great numbers. Never before had there been such a plague of locusts, nor will there ever be again.
15. They covered all the ground until it was black. They devoured all that was left after the hail—everything growing in the fields and the fruit on the trees. Nothing green remained on tree or plant in all the land of Egypt.
16. Pharaoh quickly summoned Moses and Aaron and said, “I have sinned against the Lord your God and against you.
17. Now forgive my sin once more and pray to the Lord your God to take this deadly plague away from me.”
18. Moses then left Pharaoh and prayed to the Lord.
19. And the Lord changed the wind to a very strong west wind, which caught up the locusts and carried them into the Red Sea.[b] Not a locust was left anywhere in Egypt.
20. But the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he would not let the Israelites go.

_*The Plague of Darkness*_
21. Then the Lord said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand toward the sky so that darkness spreads over Egypt—darkness that can be felt.”
22. So Moses stretched out his hand toward the sky, and total darkness covered all Egypt for three days.
23. No one could see anyone else or move about for three days. Yet all the Israelites had light in the places where they lived.
24. Then Pharaoh summoned Moses and said, “Go, worship the Lord. Even your women and children may go with you; only leave your flocks and herds behind.”
25. But Moses said, “You must allow us to have sacrifices and burnt offerings to present to the Lord our God.
26. Our livestock too must go with us; not a hoof is to be left behind. We have to use some of them in worshiping the Lord our God, and until we get there we will not know what we are to use to worship the Lord.”
27. But the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he was not willing to let them go.
28. Pharaoh said to Moses, “Get out of my sight! Make sure you do not appear before me again! The day you see my face you will die.”
29. “Just as you say,” Moses replied. “I will never appear before you again.”

This chapter records the eighth (locust) and ninth (darkness) plagues of Egypt. The locust invasion was very severe and unprecedented, neither before nor after, was any such experienced. The Locust covered the face of the whole earth within the territory of Egypt and the land-was, darkened but none of such was experienced in Goshen. The locust ate up (gleaned) sprouting vegetation and what remained from the hail. Then the officers of Pharaoh prevailed on him to let the people go before Egypt crumbles. As a result, he gave an unacceptable proposal for only the men to go, all in a bid to obey God on his own terms. Moses refused and God filled the land of Egypt with locust as declared by his servant,

The ninth plague was thick darkness "that may even be felt" (v.21), which lasted for three consecutive days that the Egyptians could not see one another. Pharaoh got very angry, threatened and drove Moses out of his sight. He indeed tested and stretched the goodness of God by his stubbornness. But Pharaoh’s pride would not let him bow and accept the power of God. Many proud people are like Pharaoh, who do not accept when they are wrong and when others are right. God exalts the humble and brings down the proud (James 4.6). Do not let pride stop you from enjoying God's blessings.

O Lord, please remove any spirit of pride and stubbornness in me and create in me a humble and willing heart. *Amen.*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:13am On Mar 25, 2022
Date: 2022-03-25

_Annunciation of Blessed of Virgin Mary_

✝�TOPIC: BLESSED AND HIGHLY FAVOURED

✝�TEXT: Luke 1:26-38 (NKJV)

26. Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth,
27. to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin's name [was] Mary.
28. And having come in, the angel said to her, "Rejoice, highly favored [one,] the Lord [is] with you; blessed [are] you among women!"
29. But when she saw [him,] she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was.
30. Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
31. "And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS.
32. "He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.
33. "And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end."
34. Then Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I do not know a man?"
35. And the angel answered and said to her, "[The] Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.
36. "Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren.
37. "For with God nothing will be impossible."
38. Then Mary said, "Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her.

✝�STUDY: Today is the Feast of the Annunciation of the Lord to the Blessed virgin Mary. This refers to the announcement to the Virgin Mary by Angel Gabriel, that she would conceive a son by the power of the Holy Spirit and that the child would be called Jesus (Luke 1:31).

Though Mary was initially perplexed by the message, because she had not known any man (v.34), her ultimate response shows an unquestionable willingness and surrender (v.38).

Nobody recommended Mary to God. The Almighty God, who is everywhere, knows, sees, and can do all things. She may have been naive and unknown by many but her chaste lifestyle brought her the attention of heaven.The Blessed Virgin Mary sets us an example in consistent humility, righteousness and holy living. We often pray for God’s favour, however in today’s passage we see that divine favour is a consequence of holy living. Can your lifestyle attract God’s favour?

✝� PRAYER: Almighty God, please grant me the grace to subject myself to Your will in all circumstances.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:23am On Mar 26, 2022
Date: 2022-03-26

✝�TOPIC: DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEART

✝�TEXT: Exodus 11 (NKJV)

1. And the LORD said to Moses, "I will bring yet one [more] plague on Pharaoh and on Egypt. Afterward he will let you go from here. When he lets [you] go, he will surely drive you out of here altogether.
2. "Speak now in the hearing of the people, and let every man ask from his neighbor and every woman from her neighbor, articles of silver and articles of gold."
3. And the LORD gave the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians. Moreover the man Moses [was] very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh's servants and in the sight of the people.
4. Then Moses said, "Thus says the LORD: 'About midnight I will go out into the midst of Egypt;
5. 'and all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sits on his throne, even to the firstborn of the female servant who [is] behind the handmill, and all the firstborn of the animals.
6. 'Then there shall be a great cry throughout all the land of Egypt, such as was not like it [before,] nor shall be like it again.
7. 'But against none of the children of Israel shall a dog move its tongue, against man or beast, that you may know that the LORD does make a difference between the Egyptians and Israel.'
8. "And all these your servants shall come down to me and bow down to me, saying, 'Get out, and all the people who follow you!' After that I will go out." Then he went out from Pharaoh in great anger.
9. But the LORD said to Moses, "Pharaoh will not heed you, so that My wonders may be multiplied in the land of Egypt."
10. So Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh; and the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he did not let the children of Israel go out of his land.

✝�STUDY: Our God is a Master planner! He had visited Pharoah and the Egyptians with nine plagues that caused them untold hardship and suffering. In spite of all this, Pharoah remained adamant. Now God brought the final plague that compelled Pharoah to release the Israelites. The tenth and final plague was that of the death of the firstborn sons of every Egyptian family and animal.

This inflicted a big blow on the Egyptians. This action by God might seem rather harsh but that was punishment for Pharoah’s stubbornness and the Egyptians’ wickedness towards the Israelites. God instructed Moses to tell the Israelites to request articles of silver and gold from the Egyptians and assured the Israelites of favour. The pronouncement of Pharoah that Moses would not see his face again did happen. The host of the Egyptian army perished at the Red Sea in pursuit of the Israelites (Exod. 10:28-29; cf. 14:1-cool. There is power in the tongue (Prov. 18:21). We need to learn from today’s passage that God is all-powerful. No power can resist His purpose and plan. He makes a distinction between the obedient and disobedient. The tenth plague is a demonstration that God judges righteously: No wickedness will go unpunished! Are you obedient or rebellious to the Will of God?

✝� PRAYER: Almighty God, your thoughts towards me are for good. Help me to continually surrender to your will and purposes in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 10:40am On Mar 27, 2022
Date: 2022-03-27

*MOTHERING SUNDAY*

TOPIC: CHRISTIAN MOTHERHOOD

✝�TEXT: Exodus 2:1-10 (NKJV)

1. And a man of the house of Levi went and took as wife a daughter of Levi.

2. So the woman conceived and bore a son. And when she saw that he was a beautiful child, she hid him three months.

3. But when she could no longer hide him, she took an ark of bulrushes for him, daubed it with asphalt and pitch, put the child in it, and laid it in the reeds by the river’s bank.

4. And his sister stood afar off, to know what would be done to him.

5. Then the daughter of Pharaoh came down to bathe at the river. And her maidens walked along the riverside; and when she saw the ark among the reeds, she sent her maid to get it.

6. And when she opened it, she saw the child, and behold, the baby wept. So she had compassion on him, and said, “This is one of the Hebrews’ children.”

7. Then his sister said to Pharaoh’s daughter, “Shall I go and call a nurse for you from the Hebrew women, that she may nurse the child for you?”

8. And Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Go.” So the maiden went and called the child’s mother.

9. Then Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Take this child away and nurse him for me, and I will give you your wages.” So the woman took the child and nursed him.

10. And the child grew, and she brought him to Pharaoh’s daughter, and he became her son. So she called his name Moses, saying, “Because I drew him out of the water.”

✝�STUDY: Every fourth Sunday in Lent, the Church celebrates the gift of Mothers. Motherhood is a privilege as well as a calling from God. Characteristically, a Christian mother’s love for her children and family is expected to be selfless, unconditional and sacrificial.

In today’s text, Jochebed (Ex. 6:20) displays such love for her son, Moses, born after Pharaoh’s instruction for all male Hebrew children to be thrown into the Nile (Ex. 1:22). In love, Jochebed took a high risk and hid Moses at home for three months. When it became impossible to hide him, she put him in a basket and placed it by the river bank. Divine providence made Pharaoh’s daughter to find him, and accepted Miriam’s suggestion to get a Hebrew nurse for the baby.

Jochebed was contracted to take care of her own son, whom she nursed until he grew up and was taken to Pharoah’s daughter who adopted him as her son. Though Moses lived in the Egyptian palace, he remained true to the faith of the Hebrews. What Moses grew up to be known for, underscores the need for Christian mothers to do all within their means to raise their children in the faith; this includes discipline in all spheres of life. Christian mothers should take cognisance of the fact that the early years of a child are very crucial, so they should spend more time to raise their children in godliness (Prov. 22:6; Isaiah 49:15).

✝� PRAYER: Thank you Father for the gift of motherhood. Give your grace to all Christian mothers to be more effective and alive to their calling and responsibilities in these times. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:16am On Mar 28, 2022
Date: 2022-03-28

✝�TOPIC: A BETTER COVENANT IN JESUS CHRIST

✝�TEXT: Hebrews 9:1-14 (NKJV)

1. Then indeed, even the first [covenant] had ordinances of divine service and the earthly sanctuary.
2. For a tabernacle was prepared: the first [part,] in which [was] the lampstand, the table, and the showbread, which is called the sanctuary;
3. and behind the second veil, the part of the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of All,
4. which had the golden censer and the ark of the covenant overlaid on all sides with gold, in which [were] the golden pot that had the manna, Aaron's rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant;
5. and above it were the cherubim of glory overshadowing the mercy seat. Of these things we cannot now speak in detail.
6. Now when these things had been thus prepared, the priests always went into the first part of the tabernacle, performing [the services.]
7. But into the second part the high priest [went] alone once a year, not without blood, which he offered for himself and [for] the people's sins [committed] in ignorance;
8. the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing.
9. It [was] symbolic for the present time in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience --
10. [concerned] only with foods and drinks, various washings, and fleshly ordinances imposed until the time of reformation.
11. But Christ came [as] High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation.
12. Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.
13. For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh,
14. how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

✝�STUDY: Man is created to worship God. Worship in the earthly tabernacle featured prominently the offering of the blood of animals and ashes which were sprinkled on the worshippers annually by the priests to make them clean outwardly and occasionally. The regulations of the old covenant as good as they were, did not give the worshipper the desired access to God, as the gifts and the blood of animals being offered could not atone for man’s sins (v.9). Also, they could not disclose the Way to the Most Holy Place, that is, the Presence of God (v.cool. The coming of Christ inaugurated a new covenant.

Christ is the High Priest and Mediator of the new covenant. He entered a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made by man (heavenly), and by the means of His own blood once and for all. His sacrifice cleanses our conscience from dead works to serve the living God. Beloved, have you accepted this sacrifice of Christ of Himself for us, as full perfect, and accepted sacrifice for sin at all times? Or, do you still engage in other secret sacrifices to support it? Jesus is the Way to the Most Holy Place that the first tabernacle could not reveal. He says: “I am the Way… No one comes to the Father except through me” (Jn 14:6). Come to Him and through Him to the Father and you will be set free from all acts that lead to death and enabled to serve the Living God.

✝� PRAYER: Thank you Father for my full and perfect redemption in Jesus Christ.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:02am On Mar 29, 2022

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 29TH MARCH, 2022
*THEME:* JESUS CHRIST THE MEDIATOR OF THE NEW COVENANT

*TEXT:* HEBREWS 9: 15-28

15. For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.
16. In the case of a will,[a] it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it,
17. because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living.
18. This is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood.
19. When Moses had proclaimed every command of the law to all the people, he took the blood of calves, together with water, scarlet wool and branches of hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people.
20. He said, “This is the blood of the covenant, which God has commanded you to keep.”[b]
21. In the same way, he sprinkled with the blood both the tabernacle and everything used in its ceremonies.
22. In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
23. It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
24. For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence.
25. Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own.
26. Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.
27. Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,
28. So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

John the Baptist introduces Jesus as the 'Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world' (John 1:29). It was the requirement of the Law that everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sins (v.22). Christ offering of Himself on the Cross, makes Him the Mediator of the new covenant which opens the way for believers to appropriate the promises of God, being freed from sins committed in the era of the first covenant. The sacrifice of Christ transforms our lives and hearts and makes us clean on the inside. By His blood, He obtained for us eternal redemption, forgiveness, purification from sin and access to the Father. Our redemption in Christ empowers us to plead His blood for victory over sickness, sin and death! There is therefore no other sacrifice for sin.

Christ is both the Priest and the victim (v.28), and He lives to make intercession for us before God (Heb. 7:23). He will return not to die again but to judge the living and the dead. Remember also that it is appointed for man to die once and after that, judgment. Have you been washed in the blood of Jesus and received Him as your Lord and Saviour? Are you prepared for the second coming?

Thank You Lord for the sacrifice of Christ. May the blood of the eternal covenant keep me ready for the second coming of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. *Amen.*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:57am On Mar 30, 2022
Date: 2022-03-30

✝�TOPIC: JESUS CHRIST THE PERFECT SACRIFICE

✝�TEXT: Hebrews 10:1-18(NKJV)
1. For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, [and] not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect.
2. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins.
3. But in those [sacrifices there is] a reminder of sins every year.
4. For [it is] not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.
5. Therefore, when He came into the world, He said: "Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, But a body You have prepared for Me.
6. In burnt offerings and [sacrifices] for sin You had no pleasure.
7. Then I said, 'Behold, I have come -- In the volume of the book it is written of Me -- To do Your will, O God.' "
8. Previously saying, "Sacrifice and offering, burnt offerings, and [offerings] for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure [in them"] (which are offered according to the law),
9. then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second.
10. By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once [for all.]
11. And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
12. But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,
13. from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.
14. For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.
15. But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,
16. "This [is] the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,"
17. [then He adds,] "Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more."
18. Now where there is remission of these, [there is] no longer an offering for sin.

✝�STUDY: The sacrifices of the Law repeated endlessly year after year were insufficient for dealing with man’s sins. For “…those sacrifices are annual reminder of sins, because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins” (vv. 3-4). Christ’s sacrifice is the perfect sacrifice.

Unlike the sacrifice of the old covenant, it was complete, done once and for all, makes perfect those who draw near to worship God, and are being made holy (sanctified), v.14. When you come under the new covenant initiated by Christ’s sacrifice, God’s perfect law of liberty will be put in your heart. This will renew your heart and bring about pardon and forgiveness of all your sins. Jesus came in order to set you right with God. He offered a perfect sacrifice, without blemish, and without spot. Through the blood of Jesus, you are cleansed and sanctified from all impurities. You can stand justified before God without any sense of condemnation. Make peace with God today through the atoning sacrifice of Christ Jesus.

✝� PRAYER: Thank you Lord Jesus for your perfect sacrifice that gives me access to the Father.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:10am On Mar 31, 2022
Date: 2022-03-31

✝�TOPIC: APPROPRIATING THE BENEFITS OF CHRIST’S ATONING DEATH

✝�TEXT: Hebrews 10:19-25 (NKJV)

19. Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20. by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21. and [having] a High Priest over the house of God,
22. let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
23. Let us hold fast the confession of [our] hope without wavering, for He who promised [is] faithful.
24. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works,
25. not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as [is] the manner of some, but exhorting [one another,] and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

✝�STUDY: Christ is our High Priest; his atoning death has opened for us a new and living way to God. We now have boldness to enter the presence of God (a previously once-a-year prerogative of the high priest), with a true heart, cleansed from sin, and in full assurance of faith (see John 14:6). We appropriate the full benefits of this new status in God by faith. The text encourages us to live an active life full of love and good deeds and determination to spread the Gospel to all the world. We are also to fellowship with fellow believers, praying, studying God’s word and encouraging one another especially those whose faith is waning.

When we do these things, we maintain our commitment to the Christian community. Just as it is not possible to enter a highly secured area without prior appointment or any form of identification, so it is impossible to enter God’s presence without appropriating Christ’s atoning death. Beloved, let us therefore appropriate the full benefits of the atoning death so that we can boldly have access into God’s presence as we see the Day of the Lord approaching.

✝� PRAYER: Father, help me to persevere in faith and to encourage someone to do same today in Jesus’ Name.

*TO GOD BE THE GLORY FOR SEEING THE END OF THE MONTH OF MARCH 2022*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:13am On Apr 01, 2022

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 1ST APRIL, 2022
*THEME:* SUSTAINING DIVINE COVENANT

*TEXT:* JEREMIAH 11: 1-17

1. This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord:
2. “Listen to the terms of this covenant and tell them to the people of Judah and to those who live in Jerusalem.
3. Tell them that this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Cursed is the one who does not obey the terms of this covenant—
4. The terms I commanded your ancestors when I brought them out of Egypt, out of the iron-smelting furnace.’ I said, ‘Obey me and do everything I command you, and you will be my people, and I will be your God.
5. Then I will fulfill the oath I swore to your ancestors, to give them a land flowing with milk and honey’—the land you possess today.”
I answered, “Amen, Lord.”

6. The Lord said to me, “Proclaim all these words in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem: ‘Listen to the terms of this covenant and follow them.
7. From the time I brought your ancestors up from Egypt until today, I warned them again and again, saying, “Obey me.”
8. But they did not listen or pay attention; instead, they followed the stubbornness of their evil hearts. So I brought on them all the curses of the covenant I had commanded them to follow but that they did not keep.’”
9. Then the Lord said to me, “There is a conspiracy among the people of Judah and those who live in Jerusalem.
10. They have returned to the sins of their ancestors, who refused to listen to my words. They have followed other gods to serve them. Both Israel and Judah have broken the covenant I made with their ancestors.
11. Therefore this is what the Lord says: ‘I will bring on them a disaster they cannot escape. Although they cry out to me, I will not listen to them.
12. The towns of Judah and the people of Jerusalem will go and cry out to the gods to whom they burn incense, but they will not help them at all when disaster strikes.
13. You, Judah, have as many gods as you have towns; and the altars you have set up to burn incense to that shameful god Baal are as many as the streets of Jerusalem.’
14 “Do not pray for this people or offer any plea or petition for them, because I will not listen when they call to me in the time of their distress.
15. “What is my beloved doing in my temple
as she, with many others, works out her evil schemes?
Can consecrated meat avert your punishment?
When you engage in your wickedness,
then you rejoice.[a]”
16. The Lord called you a thriving olive tree
with fruit beautiful in form.
But with the roar of a mighty storm
he will set it on fire,
and its branches will be broken.
17. The Lord Almighty, who planted you, has decreed disaster for you, because the people of both Israel and Judah have done evil and aroused my anger by burning incense to Baal.

In our text today, we see that Judah had gone back into the idolatry she was saved from; the people had gone back to the sin of their forefathers (vv. 9,10). This was an unfortunate departure from the divine plan of making Judah God's People and of God being their God through all generations.

From the scriptures, we realise that God enjoys seeing His covenant cycled from generation to generation. He loves it when His covenant with a people sustains a divine move, from one era to another. So, as believers, it is our responsibility to obey God as well ensure that our divine covenant with Him is passed from one generation to another. How do we do this? Through consistent obedience to God's word and a sequential teaching of His word. By so doing, we will overcome the error of Judah, that is, departing from divine covenant. As you face the day, may you receive the grace to preserve and transfer God's divine covenant with you to another life!

Dear Lord, help me to preserve Your covenant! *Amen.*

*HAPPY NEW MONTH*
As You journey in this April 2022, The Mighty Hand of God will guard and guide You from all evil. He will take You to a land flowing with milk and honey where You shall be satiated with the desires of Your soul. His Mercy will not cease in Your life. _*Amen.*_

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:05am On Apr 03, 2022
Date: 2022-04-03

✝�TOPIC: A BETTER LANGUAGE

✝�TEXT: Hebrew 12:18-29 (NKJV)

18. For you have not come to the mountain that may be touched and that burned with fire, and to blackness and darkness and tempest,
19. and the sound of a trumpet and the voice of words, so that those who heard [it] begged that the word should not be spoken to them anymore.
20. (For they could not endure what was commanded: "And if so much as a beast touches the mountain, it shall be stoned or shot with an arrow."
21. And so terrifying was the sight [that] Moses said, "I am exceedingly afraid and trembling."wink
22. But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels,
23. to the general assembly and church of the firstborn [who are] registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24. to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than [that of] Abel.
25. See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more [shall we not escape] if we turn away from Him who [speaks] from heaven,
26. whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, "Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven."
27. Now this, "Yet once more," indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain.
28. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.
29. For our God [is] a consuming fire.

✝�STUDY: Blood speaks! As a result of this, both the Old and New Testaments were sealed by blood. However, there are some differences in both Testaments as touching the way God speaks. Our text today compares God’s speaking from Mount Sinai (Exo. 19:12-19) with that of the New Testament (Heb. 12:22-24). In the former, God spoke to the people of Israel on Mount Sinai which burned with fire; and whoever touched the Mount was to die immediately.

However, in the New Testament, we have come to Mount Zion, the City of the Living God, to the heavenly Jerusalem… and to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better things than the blood of Abel. Christ’s blood speaks atonement, forgiveness, peace with God, etc.; whereas the blood of Abel spoke vengeance. Having come to a better covenant by faith, we need to sustain that position by divine grace so that we may serve Him acceptably with reverence and godly fear, for God is a consuming fire.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, please help me to fully understand the meaning of my being in Mount Zion.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:54am On Apr 04, 2022

*DATE:* MONDAY, 4TH APRIL, 2022
*THEME:* PRESERVED FOR A PURPOSE

*TEXT:* JEREMIAH 11: 18-23

18. Because the Lord revealed their plot to me, I knew it, for at that time he showed me what they were doing.
19. I had been like a gentle lamb led to the slaughter; I did not realize that they had plotted against me, saying,
“Let us destroy the tree and its fruit;
let us cut him off from the land of the living,
that his name be remembered no more.”
20. But you, Lord Almighty, who judge righteously
and test the heart and mind,
let me see your vengeance on them,
for to you I have committed my cause.
21. Therefore this is what the Lord says about the people of Anathoth who are threatening to kill you, saying, “Do not prophesy in the name of the Lord or you will die by our hands”—
22. Therefore this is what the Lord Almighty says: “I will punish them. Their young men will die by the sword, their sons and daughters by famine.
23. Not even a remnant will be left to them, because I will bring disaster on the people of Anathoth in the year of their punishment.”

In the days of prophet Jeremiah, like in our days, there were false prophets and soothsayers who, under the guise of prophetic ministry, spoke primarily for their own interests. And worse still, because of the financial and material rewards those 'prophets' had, they became popular. Also, any other who spoke a different thing faced serious persecution and even the threat of death. That was the situation Jeremiah found himself in.

They planned to kill him because he spoke the truth, and never commercialised his prophetic ministry. However, God frustrated their plans and preserved Jeremiah so that he would continue to be God's mouthpiece. There are dangers God has delivered you from. You must realise that there is a divine reason for God's deliverance: So that you may continue to be His representative on earth! As long as you are committed to divine purpose for your life, God will continue to preserve you for His own glory.

Lord, please preserve me to serve You better. *Amen.*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:00am On Apr 05, 2022
Date: 2022-04-05

✝�TOPIC: A CRY FOR HELP!

✝�TEXT: Jeremiah 14: 1-22(NKJV)
1. The word of the LORD that came to Jeremiah concerning the droughts.
2. "Judah mourns, And her gates languish; They mourn for the land, And the cry of Jerusalem has gone up.
3. Their nobles have sent their lads for water; They went to the cisterns [and] found no water. They returned with their vessels empty; They were ashamed and confounded And covered their heads.
4. Because the ground is parched, For there was no rain in the land, The plowmen were ashamed; They covered their heads.
5. Yes, the deer also gave birth in the field, But left because there was no grass.
6. And the wild donkeys stood in the desolate heights; They sniffed at the wind like jackals; Their eyes failed because [there was] no grass."
7. O LORD, though our iniquities testify against us, Do it for Your name's sake; For our backslidings are many, We have sinned against You.
8. O the Hope of Israel, his Savior in time of trouble, Why should You be like a stranger in the land, And like a traveler [who] turns aside to tarry for a night?
9. Why should You be like a man astonished, Like a mighty one [who] cannot save? Yet You, O LORD, [are] in our midst, And we are called by Your name; Do not leave us!
10. Thus says the LORD to this people: "Thus they have loved to wander; They have not restrained their feet. Therefore the LORD does not accept them; He will remember their iniquity now, And punish their sins."
11. Then the LORD said to me, "Do not pray for this people, for [their] good.
12. "When they fast, I will not hear their cry; and when they offer burnt offering and grain offering, I will not accept them. But I will consume them by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence."
13. Then I said, "Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, the prophets say to them, 'You shall not see the sword, nor shall you have famine, but I will give you assured peace in this place.' "
14. And the LORD said to me, "The prophets prophesy lies in My name. I have not sent them, commanded them, nor spoken to them; they prophesy to you a false vision, divination, a worthless thing, and the deceit of their heart.
15. "Therefore thus says the LORD concerning the prophets who prophesy in My name, whom I did not send, and who say, 'Sword and famine shall not be in this land' -- 'By sword and famine those prophets shall be consumed!
16. 'And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and the sword; they will have no one to bury them -- them nor their wives, their sons nor their daughters -- for I will pour their wickedness on them.'
17. " Therefore you shall say this word to them: 'Let my eyes flow with tears night and day, And let them not cease; For the virgin daughter of my people Has been broken with a mighty stroke, with a very severe blow.
18. If I go out to the field, Then behold, those slain with the sword! And if I enter the city, Then behold, those sick from famine! Yes, both prophet and priest go about in a land they do not know.' "
19. Have You utterly rejected Judah? Has Your soul loathed Zion? Why have You stricken us so that [there is] no healing for us? We looked for peace, but [there was] no good; And for the time of healing, and there was trouble.
20. We acknowledge, O LORD, our wickedness [And] the iniquity of our fathers, For we have sinned against You.
21. Do not abhor [us,] for Your name's sake; Do not disgrace the throne of Your glory. Remember, do not break Your covenant with us.
22. Are there any among the idols of the nations that can cause rain? Or can the heavens give showers? [Are] You not He, O LORD our God? Therefore we will wait for You, Since You have made all these.

✝�STUDY: In our text today, we see the calamities of lack of rain, famine, false prophets and multiplied carnality in the days of Prophet Jeremiah.

God told Jeremiah not to pray for the people of Israel because they were determined to sin, and so, God had decided to punish them with those calamities. Nevertheless, Jeremiah prayed: He confessed the sins of their forefathers and acknowledged their wickedness and iniquity. Among other things, Jeremiah pleaded with God: “Do not abhor us for thy name’s sake, do not disgrace the throne of thy glory” (v.21). Let us, like Jeremiah, plead with God concerning our nation, the church and our families. He will certainly hear us.

✝� PRAYER: Dear Lord, please have mercy on us.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:52am On Apr 06, 2022

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 6TH APRIL, 2022
*THEME:* THE EDIBLE WORD

*TEXT:* JEREMIAH 15: 10-21

10. Alas, my mother, that you gave me birth,
a man with whom the whole land strives and contends!
I have neither lent nor borrowed,
yet everyone curses me.
11. The Lord said,
“Surely I will deliver you for a good purpose;
surely I will make your enemies plead with you
in times of disaster and times of distress.
12. “Can a man break iron— iron from the north—or bronze?
13. “Your wealth and your treasures
I will give as plunder, without charge,
because of all your sins
throughout your country.
14. I will enslave you to your enemies
in[a] a land you do not know,
for my anger will kindle a fire
that will burn against you.”
15. Lord, you understand;
remember me and care for me.
Avenge me on my persecutors.
You are long-suffering—do not take me away;
think of how I suffer reproach for your sake.
16. When your words came, I ate them;
they were my joy and my heart’s delight,
for I bear your name,
Lord God Almighty.
17. I never sat in the company of revelers,
never made merry with them;
I sat alone because your hand was on me
and you had filled me with indignation.
18. Why is my pain unending
and my wound grievous and incurable?
You are to me like a deceptive brook,
like a spring that fails.
19. Therefore this is what the Lord says:
“If you repent, I will restore you
that you may serve me;
if you utter worthy, not worthless, words,
you will be my spokesman.
Let this people turn to you,
but you must not turn to them.
20. I will make you a wall to this people,
a fortified wall of bronze;
they will fight against you
but will not overcome you,
for I am with you
to rescue and save you,”
declares the Lord.
21. “I will save you from the hands of the wicked
and deliver you from the grasp of the cruel.”

In our reading today, Prophet Jeremiah was in a serious persecution for his commitment to truth in the prophetic ministry. His life was in danger; he complained greatly and even declared woe on himself (v. 10). It was indeed a trying time for him.

However, in the midst of the trials, something great happened: He found God's word and ate it; and the word was unto him joy and happiness (v.16). There is a gladdening and strengthening effect of 'eating' the word of God: It is manna to the hungry soul, and to the weary, it is rest. No matter your present situation, by faith and sincere desire, prayerfully seek a divine word as food for you. If you do so, you will notice, like Elijah, divine strength that will carry you through the journey of life - (I Kings 19:7,cool.

Oh Lord, show me a word from You that I may 'eat' it and find strength. *Amen.*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:54am On Apr 07, 2022
Date: 2022-04-07

✝�TOPIC: HOPE AMIDST DISASTER

✝�TEXT: Jeremiah 16:10-17:4 (NKJV)

10. " And it shall be, when you show this people all these words, and they say to you, 'Why has the LORD pronounced all this great disaster against us? Or what [is] our iniquity? Or what [is] our sin that we have committed against the LORD our God?'
11. "then you shall say to them, 'Because your fathers have forsaken Me,' says the LORD; 'they have walked after other gods and have served them and worshiped them, and have forsaken Me and not kept My law.
12. 'And you have done worse than your fathers, for behold, each one follows the dictates of his own evil heart, so that no one listens to Me.
13. 'Therefore I will cast you out of this land into a land that you do not know, neither you nor your fathers; and there you shall serve other gods day and night, where I will not show you favor.'
14. " Therefore behold, the days are coming," says the LORD, "that it shall no more be said, 'The LORD lives who brought up the children of Israel from the land of Egypt,'
15. "but, 'The LORD lives who brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north and from all the lands where He had driven them.' For I will bring them back into their land which I gave to their fathers.
16. " Behold, I will send for many fishermen," says the LORD, "and they shall fish them; and afterward I will send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain and every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.
17. "For My eyes [are] on all their ways; they are not hidden from My face, nor is their iniquity hidden from My eyes.
18. "And first I will repay double for their iniquity and their sin, because they have defiled My land; they have filled My inheritance with the carcasses of their detestable and abominable idols."
19. O LORD, my strength and my fortress, My refuge in the day of affliction, The Gentiles shall come to You From the ends of the earth and say, "Surely our fathers have inherited lies, Worthlessness and unprofitable [things."]
20. Will a man make gods for himself, Which [are] not gods?
21. " Therefore behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know My hand and My might; And they shall know that My name [is] the LORD.

17:1. "The sin of Judah [is] written with a pen of iron; With the point of a diamond [it is] engraved On the tablet of their heart, And on the horns of your altars,
2. While their children remember Their altars and their wooden images By the green trees on the high hills.
3. O My mountain in the field, I will give as plunder your wealth, all your treasures, [And] your high places of sin within all your borders.
4. And you, even yourself, Shall let go of your heritage which I gave you; And I will cause you to serve your enemies In the land which you do not know; For you have kindled a fire in My anger [which] shall burn forever."

✝�STUDY: In our reading today, we see that God clearly told the people of Israel that He would punish them and take them into exile because of the sin of idolatry which they inherited from their forefathers and continued in (vv. 10-13).

However, God promised to bring them back from the exile they were yet to enter into. He also promised to resettle the people of Israel in their land. Today’s Bible passage teaches us, among other things, that God is a God of Justice. If we willfully continue to sin against Him, our reward will be punishment from God. This is a result of His justice system. But if we repent, He will pardon us. Let us not take His mercy for granted for it is a fearful thing to fall in the hands of the living God; He is a consuming fire!

✝� PRAYER: Dear Lord, please help me to fully and freely follow you.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:39am On Apr 08, 2022
Date: 2022-04-08

✝�TOPIC: FALSE AND TRUE TRUST

✝�TEXT: Jeremiah 17:5-18 (NKJV)

5. Thus says the LORD: "Cursed [is] the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the LORD.
6. For he shall be like a shrub in the desert, And shall not see when good comes, But shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, [In] a salt land [which is] not inhabited.
7. "Blessed [is] the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD.
8. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.
9. " The heart [is] deceitful above all [things,] And desperately wicked; Who can know it?
10. I, the LORD, search the heart, [I] test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.
11. " [As] a partridge that broods but does not hatch, [So is] he who gets riches, but not by right; It will leave him in the midst of his days, And at his end he will be a fool."
12. A glorious high throne from the beginning [Is] the place of our sanctuary.
13. O LORD, the hope of Israel, All who forsake You shall be ashamed. "Those who depart from Me Shall be written in the earth, Because they have forsaken the LORD, The fountain of living waters."
14. Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; Save me, and I shall be saved, For You [are] my praise.
15. Indeed they say to me, "Where [is] the word of the LORD? Let it come now!"
16. As for me, I have not hurried away from [being] a shepherd [who] follows You, Nor have I desired the woeful day; You know what came out of my lips; It was right there before You.
17. Do not be a terror to me; You [are] my hope in the day of doom.
18. Let them be ashamed who persecute me, But do not let me be put to shame; Let them be dismayed, But do not let me be dismayed. Bring on them the day of doom, And destroy them with double destruction!

✝�STUDY: Today, we are faced with two kinds of trust systems and their implications. The first refers to those who trust in man, who make flesh their arm and whose hearts depart from the Lord. Such people, according to God’s word, shall be like stunted shrubs in the desert; they shall not see when good comes.

The second group refers to those who trust in the Lord. They are different because they are like trees planted by the waters that spread out their roots by the river; they shall not see heat; their leaves are always green and in dry season, they always have water. They bear fruit continually. God challenges us to trust Him; He will not disappoint us. But if we trust man, we are building our house on a faulty foundation. Will you trust God or man? The choice is yours.

✝� PRAYER: Oh Lord, help me to trust you always.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:35am On Apr 09, 2022
Date: 2022-04-09

✝�TOPIC: THE POTTER AND THE CLAY

✝�TEXT: Jeremiah 18:1-12 (NKJV)

1. The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying:
2. "Arise and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause you to hear My words."
3. Then I went down to the potter's house, and there he was, making something at the wheel.
4. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make.
5. Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying:
6. "O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?" says the LORD. "Look, as the clay [is] in the potter's hand, so [are] you in My hand, O house of Israel!
7. "The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy [it,]
8. "if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it.
9. "And the instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant [it,]
10. "if it does evil in My sight so that it does not obey My voice, then I will relent concerning the good with which I said I would benefit it.
11. " Now therefore, speak to the men of Judah and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, 'Thus says the LORD: "Behold, I am fashioning a disaster and devising a plan against you. Return now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good." ' "
12. And they said, "That is hopeless! So we will walk according to our own plans, and we will every one obey the dictates of his evil heart."

✝�STUDY: The Lord used the illustration of the Potter and the clay to teach prophet Jeremiah His sovereignty over His creatures. He taught him that just as the potter has right and power over the clay, so also God has power and right over our lives. We have at least a lesson from the reading of today: God has the right to decide the mould and shape He wants our lives to be; and He has the right and power to ‘break’ any aspect of our lives that do not conform to His desired shape.

Therefore, to benefit from the moulding ability of God, we need humility and submission to Him so that He would craft us into the shape of His plan and purpose for us. If we refuse Him, we break ourselves against His plan for us. He is the Potter; we are the clay. Surrender and submit to Him in all things and He will mould your life to His own glory.

✝� PRAYER: Dear Lord, I submit to You as a clay to the Potter. Please, mould me!.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:28am On Apr 10, 2022

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 10TH APRIL, 2022 _*{Palm Sunday}*_
*THEME:* BEHOLD HE COMES...

*TEXT:* ZECHARIAH 9: 9-12

9. Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion!
Shout, Daughter Jerusalem!
See, your king comes to you,
righteous and victorious,
lowly and riding on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
10. I will take away the chariots from Ephraim
and the warhorses from Jerusalem,
and the battle bow will be broken.
He will proclaim peace to the nations.
His rule will extend from sea to sea
and from the River[a] to the ends of the earth.
11. As for you, because of the blood of my covenant with you,
I will free your prisoners from the waterless pit.
12. Return to your fortress, you prisoners of hope;
even now I announce that I will restore twice as much to you.

Today is Palm Sunday: A Day set aside among Anglicans and some other churches to commemorate the Triumphal Entry of Jesus into Jerusalem as a King. In our text today, Prophet Zechariah captures this glorious procession.

As we celebrate the Palm Sunday today, let us ask ourselves at least two questions:

* Are we yielded enough to-God (like the ass in our text), so that Christ can freely ride on our lives to showcase His glory?
* Again, when He comes in His glory to take the saints home, will we be ready?

Oh how we need God's grace to faithfully answer both questions well! In being fully yielded and in holiness, may we avail ourselves to the Lord for Him to find us worthy and ready when He comes!

Help me, dear Lord, to be ready when You come, *Amen!*

NOTE: Our Easter PROMO is on... Click and like my Facebook page see link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Rental income Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! / Winners Chapel Trains 2000 Ghanaian Youths As Entrepreneurs (photos) / "A Man After God's Own Heart" - What Does It Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 281
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.